One Thing That Won't Change

“I know what happened…before” Sydney swallowed hard.

“Before?” Vaughn asked her.

“When we broke up” Sydney clarified.

“What? You finally realize that I never would have cheated on you” Vaughn looked at her bitterly.

“Logan…he took some pictures of you with a girl at a party” Sydney told him as her eyes welled with tears, “and I believed him. I never should have but I did. And it was the biggest mistake of my life”

“I think you’re the one who told me, when we were like 8 that regret was something you should never have” Vaughn looked at her.

“No, that was your mom” Sydney smiled.

Vaughn couldn’t help but crack a smile at this.

awww...*sniffle*

“I don’t like life very much right now Vaughn” Sydney told him honestly.

“Oh, and why’s that?” Vaughn looked at her.

“Because life sucks when it’s not with you” Sydney shrugged.

“Sydney” Vaughn sighed.

“It’s true” Sydney told him.

“You’re amazing. No matter what happened we have like 14 years of friendship that we will never, ever forget” Vaughn whispered.

“But I don’t want just your friendship right now Michael” Sydney finally let tears fall gently from her eyes.

“That’s all I can give you, come here squirt” Vaughn whispered and Sydney tentatively stepped forward, she closed her eyes as Vaughn used his forefingers to gently wipe her tears away.

“I’m sorry I ruined us Vaughn” Sydney whispered.

“Sydney, we’re not ruined…we’re a little damaged” Vaughn told her and pulled her into a gentle hug.

:cry: :love:
that was cute..yet soo sad at the same time
i hope you updat soon!
and i hope they can rekindle their love soon!

A/N: I understand I'm a bad updater person. Sorry ya'll -_- School gets in the way of EVERYTHING. :P This chapter isn't very good. *sigh* But it's a lot happier :D

Shameless Plug

Chapter 12: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Sydney sat in the car, looking out the window. Right before they left the hospital, the doctor had told them all about his exact condition and the prognosis.

*Flashback*
“The impact was very hard as we figured out by the injuries. He has two broken ribs, a fractured wrist, and had some internal bleeding. We stopped the internal bleeding, thankfully, and the ribs and his wrist should heal just fine. So, he should be back to normal after everything heals. But we’d like to keep him here for a few days for observation,” the doctor told them with a solemn tone.

Amelié was holding Bill’s arm and started crying, for no apparent reason to Sydney. Irina and Jack simply nodded with Jack’s arm around Irina’s waist. Sydney had her arms in her hoodie and resisted the urge to go back into his room and just sit there all night.
*End of Flashback*

“Sydney, we’re home,” her mother told her sweetly from the front seat.

“Oh, ok,” she said absentmindedly unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out. She looked longingly at the Vaughn’s house and then to hers. She had an idea.

“Mom, do you mind if I stay at the Vaughn’s tonight?” she asked looking at the side of the house where the basement window was.

Irina looked at Jack, and Jack just nodded, going into the house. Laura walked over and hugged Sydney, “If Amelié and Bill are ok with it, I don’t see a problem.”

Sydney hugged her back and walked over to the front door. Bill and Amelié had arrived home just moments earlier. She knocked rather softly and waited for someone to answer.

“Hello there Sydney,” Amelié greeted kindly.

“Hi Mrs. Vaughn. I was wondering if I could crash here tonight. It’s just…” she tried to explain her request.

Amelié put up her hand to stop her, “There’s no need to explain sweetie. Come right in.” She opened the door more and let Sydney walk inside the warm, inviting home.

Sydney trotted downstairs to the basement. There was no question about where she was going to sleep. She needed comfort, and when she couldn’t have Vaughn directly, she went for someplace close. His room. It hadn’t changed much. Some of “their” pictures were down, but his guitar was still propped up against the wall, his bedside table scattered with lyrics. She walked over to his DVD and music collection, scanning for her favorites. She smiled as she held up the various Green Day CD’s which one way or another contained a song that they had linked to their romance. Then something new caught her eye. He had bought the Newsies DVD.

*Flashback*
“So, what movie do you want to watch?” Vaughn said strolling over to his large bookcase filled with empty jewel cases of CD’s and a horde or DVD’s.

Sydney sat thoughtfully for second, trying to probe her memory for a funny, carefree movie to lift her spirits, “Newsies!”

“Woah, ok,” Vaughn said startled by her abrupt squeal. He scanned his collection and looked at her in a disappointed face, “Sorry Syd, looks like I don’t have it.”

Sydney’s face fell, “Oh.” She rolled over and hit the power button of his controller. A flicker came out of the TV, and the screen lit up.
*End of Flashback*

She remembered the disappointment on her face and the way she felt when she wasn’t going to get to watch something to lighten her spirits. He felt bad too, but they both giggled and smiled when it just happened to be on TV. And now, he did have it. It was new, and the plastic wrap hadn’t been broken off. Sydney wondered if it was meant to be a gift, or if she was supposed to open it with him…if it was another one of his wonderful surprises.

Her mind drifter off and her body felt extremely tired. She opened his dresser to look for her favorite shirt of his. His Kings shirt. She found it in the same door, third down, tucked under the plain gray one it was always under. Sydney’s eyes looked at the pattern he always stacked his clothes in but saw a Tupperware container next to this particular stack. She pulled it out, and the Kings shirt too, and put it on his bed.

“What is this,” she mumbled softly as she pried open the plastic lid and saw old ticket stubs, and pictures. Mementoes of their past. Her eyes started to well up at the thought of how she damaged it, ruined it in her opinion. She picked up the Green Day stub and looked at the date. September 12, 2004. Just a little over month ago things had been perfect between them. Now, they were trying to pick up the pieces of what had scattered. She put the stub down, shaking her head and picked up a ticket from the zoo.

*Flashback*
Sydney thought a moment, “The giraffe with the crooked neck. I heard it’s supposed to be adorable.”

“If that’s what you want,” Vaughn said smiling turning right down the cobblestone walkway.
*End of Flashback*

They had seen the giraffe with the crooked neck and she insisted on naming it Gary.

*Flashback*
Sydney skipped up close to the enclosure, “I want to name it!”

“Well then name it,” he said supporting her silliness.

“Gary! His name is Gary!” Sydney yelled.
*End of Flashback*

Vaughn hadn’t cared and simply went along with it.

Sydney felt a tear roll down her cheek as she remembered his present for her.

*Flashback*
"And I almost forgot," he paused and grabbed a folded piece of paper from his back pocket. "This is a little gift for you." He handed it to her.

Sydney shot him a look but unfolded it and read it. A moment later she looked up, "You had the giraffe with the crooked neck officially name Gary?"

"Just for you," he said looking at the twinkle in her eye.
*End of Flashback*

She had that certificate tucked away neatly in a box in her closet. She hadn’t parted with the memories; in fact she had held them dear, sometimes opening them before she went to bed. Now, they were a comfort, knowing that they really did love each other and that they could get over this damage. Things would be ok.

Sydney put the things back in the container and put it back. She took off her clothes and put on his Kings shirt and got underneath his soft bedspread. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but something didn’t seem right. She got up and walked over to find his old Green Day CD, Nimrod. She placed it in the CD player and let “their” song lull her to sleep.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

Lyics- Time of your life by Green day

PM List
PM List
rileylovesalias
stealthy
sydney_alias_vaughn
starrynic
PoketRockets11
gucci_94
SydAPO05
ChrisM
SydneyVaughn47
WindyStar47
mbellsdiva
Mountaineer4746
vaughnsgurl4lf
broe4ever929
aliasgirl89
Sydney A Vaughn
Vaughnlover15
mrs.marshal030791
vaughnshoney
freckles3706
sydneymicheal
Jen-Jen
aliasdancer007
wanttobew/MV
deranged_girl
~VartansGirl~
frangipani
Alwazabrat
berry_kyoote_spy88
smartgirl2004
ams4alias
freaky
Emmy_d
ASIOagent
shotput25ash

bellasbaby
SkyGirl5
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
syd26
batman
Alias_rocks_87
noggi16
i'm an aliasaholic
LaurenRachael
Sydneyt
littleangel
krzykty57789
santosaidan
vartan-lova
agentmoose
hannahb
alias_luver
littlemissliketofight
ohiochic2010
racer48_2_08
Agent Roberts
msu_ruby
Bekirock
sparklingrainbow
missgwen
Sarahmañana
vaughnroxmysox
texasalias2004
tunita
KAliasGirl
Truth Takes Time 2.18
ubielecki
iluvalias0203
gtwallichs
maddy28

sabbiee_co
Lovygirl
lizababy
gregstar
Agent Roberts
LifesMystery
gtwallichs
Crazy for Alias
Alias79
Sydster
bubblezk88
tunita
cupcake55
Garner_Chick6
alias/gglover

SydAPO05
SYD96
i love vaughny
sydneyv22
MontrealRocks
alias#1
freelancer79
BrownEyedGirl
twinkley_angel
alias#1
ballerina
alias_chick_47
aliasfan212
helpleessromantic
aprilsfool6
littlemissliketofight

:love: dudes dont ever say that an update isnt very good, coz thats bollocks, i loved it!! she went over to his place to sleep, thats sooo adorable, and all the flashbacks were just :cloud9: too good! cant wait for more!!!

Riley, I totally understand about school. I'm the same way with updating my fics. This chapter was great!! I hope Vaughn gets better soon and he and Syd make up.

Great update. Thanks for the PM.

~Karen

Thanks for updating.
That was really nice.
Sydney's thoughts and memories are sweet.
I hope they talk more soon and he gets to come home very soon.

I loved how they both have a box of memories.

I was just thinking about how I haven't read this fic in a long time. ;) And I did like the chapter even though you said it wasn't good. It looks like Syd is taking a step in the right direction. ^_^ Can't wait till her and Vaughn talk again! :D Great job!

That was great ... soo loev that Syd went to his place to sleep ... I think it will be very helpfull for her to be sourounded by his (their) stuff ... soo cute ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

“What is this,” she mumbled softly as she pried open the plastic lid and saw old ticket stubs, and pictures. Mementoes of their past. Her eyes started to well up at the thought of how she damaged it, ruined it in her opinion. She picked up the Green Day stub and looked at the date. September 12, 2004. Just a little over month ago things had been perfect between them. Now, they were trying to pick up the pieces of what had scattered. She put the stub down, shaking her head and picked up a ticket from the zoo.
aww, it's under the shirt she always wore.
[like we ever doubted he loved her...]

Sydney shot him a look but unfolded it and read it. A moment later she looked up, "You had the giraffe with the crooked neck officially name Gary?"

"Just for you," he said looking at the twinkle in her eye.
proof.

That was great. :D
Poor Sydney and Vaughn. I hope they can work things out and get back together.:thinking:
I can't wait for more.
Thank you for the pm.
:surf:

this was great !! i just gope that when vasughn wakes up he and syd make up ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: , please update as soon as possible :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: ,

thanks 4 the pm ,

Nanda

Back