The Way It Is

I just caught up with all the chappys Katy and they were all GREAT!! (y)
And...ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! BABY!!! :woot:
Michael and Syd are gonna have the cutest baby ever!! (y)
But is the fic finished already Katy?? 🇳🇴 Are you sure? But I wanna know Jack and Laura's reaction to the baby! And are they gonna have a wedding still?
Oh come on Katy! Pretty :Please: write some more?? ;)

ha! a baby yay!!!!! now i know how jack finds out about what happened! i'm so excited about the little vaughn!!!! please update soon and thanks for the pm!

Eric came back in a minute later. “Why the hell is there a positive pregnancy test in there?” He looked at them curiously.

”It was positive?” Sydney asked, a smile lighting up her face.

”Isn’t that what I just said?” Eric rolled his eyes.

Sydney turned to Michael and hugged him tightly. ”We’re having a baby.” She whispered in his ear, completely forgetting Eric was in the room. Michael kissed her lovingly.

“This is great.” He grinned, moving his hands from her waist to her flat stomach.

”Is someone going to tell me what the hell is going on?” Eric asked impatiently, tapping his foot on the hardwood floor.

“We’re having a baby.” Sydney said slowly, never breaking her eye contact.

”When did you find out?” He demanded to know.

”When you told us a minute ago” Michael answered.

”You mean I knew before you?” Eric asked, raising an eyebrow. “Dude! How cool is that?”
Eric is the best :D They're going to have a baby - that's so great :smiley: Awesome update. Can't wait for more.

awww....fantastic chapters!!!

and Eric...he's so funny!!!

oh my...Jack is going to be a grand daddy :D I wonder how he will react to this news! :P

can't wait for more!!!

thx for the PM!

YAY! Syd is pregnant!

I was just waiting for you to stop the chapter and make us wait :P but you're not that evil :D lol

Loved it!

xO laur

:D :D :D
Yay!! They are having a baby!!!!
Eric is soo funny.
I wonder how Syd's family are going to react, especially Jack!!
Thanx for the pm
Can't wait for more - update soon.

[12]

Sydney awoke with a groan the next morning. Someone was pounding heavily on the door. Sydney rolled over, Michael was still asleep. He could sleep through anything.

She groggily got out of bed and threw on her robe.

”Eric, you ass, we told you not to come by.” Sydney yelled at the closed door. She knew it was Eric coming by to torment them. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see not only her parents, but Michael’s too. ”What... what are you doing here?” Sydney gaped, crossing her arms over her chest self-consciously.

”You and Michael invited us over to lunch last week, remember?” Amelia smiled.

”Oh.. Yeah I completely forgot.” Sydney rubbed her face, trying to wake herself up. Sydney turned around to see Michael walking through the door. He was clad in his boxers and a shirt covering his head.

“Eric, I told you we’d be celebrating the baby and you came by anyways” Michael exclaimed, pulling the shirt over his head. He saw all four parents staring back at him. “Oh s***.” He muttered.

At the word ‘baby’ Laura and Amelia both broke out in grins and looked at each other, resisting the urge to squeal.

Sydney clamped her eyes shut, hoping this was all a bad, bad dream.

”Baby?” Jack asked, raising an eyebrow, hoping he had heard the word wrong.

”Daddy, I’m pregnant.” Sydney said softly. “I mean... I haven’t been to gone to the doctor. I took a test last night...” Sydney trailed off.

”How does Eric know?” Laura asked, hurt that her daughter told him before her.

”Well, he came by to use our bathroom, and he saw it...” Michael explained.

"Sydney, Michael, I thought you were being careful." Jack said, his voice rising. They both looked down embarrased. "I thought you were more responsible. Do you honestly think you two are ready to take care of a baby?" Jack shook his head.

"I do." Sydney whispered.

"What?" Jack demanded.

"I think we're ready to have a baby." Sydney said boldly, looking her dad in the eyes confidently.

"Okay then." Jack nodded. "Congratulations."

The next few minutes were full of hugs and ‘Congratulations’ from the other parents.

Laura and Amelia dragged Sydney down the hall, already planning which room they should use as the nursery.

”Sit down, Michael.” Bill said, motioning towards the couch. “I think the three of us should have a man-to-man-to-man.” Bill and Jack sat across from Michael.

Michael sat there, awkwardly, listening to his dad and almost father-in-law lecture him. “You’re going to be responsible for another life. That’s a lot of responsibility.” Jack said, Bill agreeing. “Everything will change. Are you ready for that? Because neither of us are going to let you hurt our grandchild.”

”I love Sydney, I’m happy about this.”

”I know that, son, but I don’t think you realize how different everything will be. You’re going to be some little kid’s daddy. He or she is going to trust you completely. You’re going to be their number one caregiver--”

”Wait, are you trying to say that it’s bad we’re having a baby, cause you’re a little late.”

”We just want you to be prepared.” Jack answered. “No more drinking nights with Eric. No more staying out late. You and Sydney can’t take off and go away for the weekend like you do now. It’ll be different.”

“I know, and I’m ready.” Michael said.

”We’re just making sure.” Bill sighed. “We’re just looking out for our little grandson.”

“Grandson?” Michael laughed. “How are you so sure it’s a boy?”

”Bill, it’s going to be a girl.” Jack chuckled.

”You wanna bet.” Bill looked at Jack seriously.

”Sure, fifty bucks says it’s a girl.” Jack shook Bill’s hand to seal the deal.

”Wait, y’all are betting on my unborn child.” Michael looked at the older men and shook his head. “Do you think they’ve finished planning the nursery yet?” Michael laughed.

”Knowing Laura and Amelia, yes.” Bill snickered.

“We better go save Sydney” Jack added.

~*~

Sydney stood there, listening to her mother and soon-to-be-mother in law converse. They had decided that they should use Michael’s office as the nursery. It was closer to Sydney and Michael’s room.

She was trying to pay attention, but what Sydney really wanted was to go back to bed and sleep for another hour or two. It was her day off, she deserved to sleep in.

Syd nodded to whatever her mom just asked her.

Sydney felt a strong hand grab hers. “Are they giving you any say in this?” Michael whispered into her ear. She shook her head. “Are you even listening?” He asked. Sydney shook her head again. Michael chuckled, which caught his mother’s attention.

Before she could start explaining their plans to him, he intervened. “Mom, why don’t y’all go home and we can all meet somewhere for dinner, okay?”

Laura and Amelia agreed that it was a good idea and left the overwhelmed couple home alone.

“My dad took it better than expected.” Sydney commented, facing him, and wrapping her arms around his waist. “What did they say to you?”

”Nothing really.” Michael lied. “Well, they bet on whether it is a boy or a girl.” Sydney giggled. “I didn’t think it was that funny.” Michael laughed.

”So what does your dad think?” Sydney asked, looking up to meet his welcoming emerald eyes.

”He thinks he going to get a grandson, your dad seems to think it’s a girl. We’ll see.” Michael shrugged. “Do you want to find out which it is?” Michael asked. He would prefer to me surprised, but he would find out the sex of the baby if that’s what Sydney wanted.

”You do realize we can’t find out for another three or four months, right?” Sydney asked.

”I know, but I’m curious.”

Sydney thought for a minute. “I haven’t decided yet.”

”I want to be surprised.” Michael stated, kissing her forehead gently.

Sydney mumbled an ‘uh huh’ before kissing him gently. “I’m going to go take a shower.” Sydney declared. “Can you go make some sandwiches or something?”

”Sure” Michael agreed kissing her once more, before they each went their own way.

:thinking:

Awwwwwwwwww that was soo cute.
I love how Vaughn accidently blurted out that Sydney was pregnant. It was soo funny. :lol:
It's good that Jack was supportive in the end.
I wonder if it will be a boy or a girl. And who will win then bet.
Thanx for the pm
Update soon.

I'm sure that wasn't the best way to let their parents know about the baby
But they are still happy
And thats all that matters
I love the bet
I'm curious to see who wins
They are probably going to have twins, one boy and one girl and then no one will win
But thats opk, cause it was funny
Poor Sydney, not getting to help plan the nursery
i'm sure though, when it matters, she will have a say in it
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please!

“Grandson?” Michael laughed. “How are you so sure it’s a boy?”

”Bill, it’s going to be a girl.” Jack chuckled.

”You wanna bet.” Bill looked at Jack seriously.

”Sure, fifty bucks says it’s a girl.” Jack shook Bill’s hand to seal the deal.
That was awesome :D Can't wait to see how they'll behave when the baby is born :smiley: Thanks for the PM and can't wait for more.

stealthy said:
I'm sure that wasn't the best way to let their parents know about the baby
But they are still happy
And thats all that matters
I love the bet
I'm curious to see who wins
They are probably going to have twins, one boy and one girl and then no one will win
But thats opk, cause it was funny
Poor Sydney, not getting to help plan the nursery
i'm sure though, when it matters, she will have a say in it
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please!
[post="1257063"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Nope! Not Twins! :P *Giggles*

Thanks for reading!

Back