The Way It Is

Sydney couldn’t take it. She stood up and ran to their bedroom, tears falling freely down her cheeks. “God Damnit” Michael muttered. “Do you know how emotional she is right now?” Michael yelled. “Why couldn’t you at least pretend to be happy for her, I don’t give a damn what any of you think. I have never been as happy as I’ve been the last two days and I will never regret our decision, so you better just except it or get out of our house.”
That was so sweet and Vaughn-like. You know, you could just see Vaughn screaming at Jack and Bill and then running after Sydney. But I don't really see Jack and Bill calling themselves bad fathers. For some reason, that just stuck out to me. I mean, I don't think anyone would call themselves a "bad" father. Just a father that needs improvement. Am I reading into this too much?

Ok, well the reactions seemed genuine and realistic, something you're extremely good at. :smiley: The chapter was wonderful and just seemed like it could really happen. Thanks for the PM and update. :hug:

Riley xoxo

Well that wen't okay... Sort of. :lol: At least their parents were sorry in the end! Which isn't at all too bad!

Loved the awkward silence after they announced it though!

The table fell silent.
One minute.
Two minutes.
Five minutes.
No one spoke.

😆

I can just see the silence in my head... :D

And I can't help but resist asking... Maybe I'm just looking too closely, but...

Their babies favorite thing to do was kick Sydney’s bladder.

:shock:

Was that just a typo?! BABIES?! :woot:

Lol maybe I AM looking too closely... But twins? Triplets? Quads? :eyebrow: Gosh that'd be so cute... A little army of kids :P

Anyway, bwilliant chapter Katy!

Cai
x

awwww :love: great updates!!! sorry for being so late with my review again...but the past weeks has been hell :smiley: but finally I got time to read the new chapters.

wonderful job!!!!!

part two of their highschool reunion was fun :D

and the got married in Las Vegas!!! YEAH!!! but Jack's and Bill's reaction was so typically them :D

“God Damnit” Michael muttered. “Do you know how emotional she is right now?” Michael yelled. “Why couldn’t you at least pretend to be happy for her, I don’t give a damn what any of you think. I have never been as happy as I’ve been the last two days and I will never regret our decision, so you better just except it or get out of our house.”
go Vaughn GO!!! :P I think it was about time for that little outburst, I mean their parents, especially Jack are treating them like teenagers, but hey, they are grown ups and they know perfectly what is good for them and what isn't :D

can't wait for more!!!

thx for the PM!

Cai said:
Was that just a typo?! BABIES?! :woot:

Lol maybe I AM looking too closely... But twins? Triplets? Quads? :eyebrow: Gosh that'd be so cute... A little army of kids :P

Anyway, bwilliant chapter Katy!

Cai
x
[post="1266374"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hahah! You're looking to closely. It was just a TYPO! ;) There is only ONE baby!!!! :Ph34r:

Aw Katy that was great! I'm glad they got hitched in Vegas. I wouldn't have wanted to deal with Jack and planning a wedding. ;)

P.S. :love: :love: :love: the new Av. YUMMY!!!

Okay... :P

Welcome ubielecki :hi:

Thanks for reading! :flowers:

[17]

Sydney got out of bed and had just enough time to shower and get dressed before she had to leave for her doctor’s appointment. As promised, Michael met her there and they waiting in the practically empty waiting room until Sydney was called back.

After Dr. Kelsey Brown did her routine check-up. Sydney and baby were both healthy. Now it was time for the ultrasound.

She made sure everything was okay before asking, “I know what you said, but are you sure that you want to be surprised?”

Sydney looked at Michael and pouted. They had gone through this at the last appointment. Sydney’s curiosity was getting the better of her, but Michael still insisted that they keep it a secret.

Sydney sighed. “We’re sure.” Sydney made a loud ‘humph’ sound, which cause Dr. Brown to chuckle slightly.

“Well, in that case. I’ll see you in a month.” She smiled politely

Sydney and Michael walked to the front desk where they could schedule their next appointment. “Oh felgercarb.” Sydney exclaimed. “I forgot my coat.” She exclaimed.

When she walked back out, she had a huge smile on her face. Michael eyed her curiously. “Dr. Brown told me a funny joke.” She explained.

Michael raised an eyebrow, “That’s ALL she told you, right?”

Sydney rolled her eyes, “Yes, don’t you want to hear it?” Sydney winked.

Michael shook his head, “Not really.” Sydney stuck her tongue out at him while they walked towards his car. “Come on Syd, tell me. Boy or girl?”

Sydney sighed exasperatedly, “I seriously don’t know.” She placed her hand over her swelled belly.

Michael chuckled. “Fine, we’ll play that game.”

~*~

Later that night, Sydney was sprawled out on the couch looking at a book of baby names. “What do you think of Ruth? Or Grace?” Sydney suggested to Michael, who was in the kitchen fixing them both a bowl of ice cream.

He handed Sydney her bowl of Chunky Monkey, “Why are you only suggesting girl’s names?”

Sydney rolled her eyes. “I do not know what the baby is. I’m just at that section of the book.”

Michael took a bite of ice cream and mumbled, “Suuuuure.”

“I don’t know!” Sydney exclaimed for the umpteenth time that day. She continued to read her book, “How about Daniel or Joshua?” She asked, making sure to suggest boy names.

“I see what you’re doing and it’s not going to work. You’re trying to trick me.”

Sydney sighed. She was not going to win with him. “Well, how about Megan or Suzanne then?”

Michael shook his head. “How about we make a deal? If it’s a girl, which you already know, then I get to pick the name. If it’s a boy, you pick.”

Sydney nodded, “Okay, deal.”

Michael looked perplexed for a second, “Why did you just agree to that? It’s really a boy and you’re trying to make me think it’s a girl. You’re a conniving one Sydney Vaughn.”

Sydney threw her hands up in surrender. “I give up.”

~*~

The next day, Sydney was sitting around watching a Dawson’s Creek rerun when Michael got home from a late day at the office. “How can you watch these shows?” He asked with an eye roll.

“Hey! Don’t diss Dawson. This is a good show.”

“Yeah Right. So how’s my son?” Michael asked, he had finally decided that Sydney knew it was a boy and was tricking him into believe it was a girl.

“How many times do I have to say it?” Sydney shook her head. “I do not know.”

Michael eyed her suspiciously. “Why else would you have been smiling like that when we left the doc’s office?”

“I told you!! I heard a joke. That’s it. It was about a grasshopper that goes to a bar--”

“You told me! I still think you purposely left your coat so you could go back and find out.”

Sydney made Michael sit across from her, and took his hands into hers. She looked him in the eyes, “Michael... Believe what you want. But if it’s driving you this crazy, go call the doctor.”

Michael kissed her nose playfully. “Okay, fine, but now you’re trying to trick me into finding out for you. It’s not gonna work!”

Sydney laughed as she continued to watch her show.

A/N: ...boring little filler chap... :rolleyes:

:Ph34r:

ETA: Only 3 chaps and an epilogue left! :angelic:

Lamo Vaughn is so funny ... hehe love how he keeps contridicting himself ... they are soo cute... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

:sideroll: Micheal just needs to go find out for himself whether its a boy or a girl and get it over with instead of interigating Syd 24/7, because he driving ME crazy :D
great chapter
freakin hilarious :lol:
love it
thanx for the PM
can't wait for more
update soon :smiley:

Back