Through the Looking Glass

I didn't really get the whole "future" thing until the end. I just assumed that it was the point in his life that he divorced his wife, and then his dad died right after that or something, which made him go crazy. I also thought that he was going to lose his job because of his behavior, which could still be a possibilty. But the ending blew most of my theory up in smoke.

Anyway, the rest of the episode, while somewhat predictable, still made my heart race during a handful of scenes. I was hoping, praying...expecting that the others didn't really kill Bernard, Sayid and Jin, because I hate those superficial deaths of main (or even supporting) characters where they just get shot in the head or something. Plus I didn't want them to die. ;)

Danielle's reunion with her daughter...Awesome!!! I've been waiting for that one for a long time.

I still don't understand the whole scenario in the Looking Glass station...they killed the others, and then they weren't dead anymore? there's got to be more to that one...by the way, did anyone else recognize the blonde in the Looking Glass? Elsa Caplan from Alias!! It took me a little while to figure it out, but that's who it is. Right when I saw her at the end of the last episode, I knew she looked familiar. Mystery solved! :smiley:

Well, that's all I'll say for now...I'll have to watch the entire first 3 seasons during this gaping hole of a break! February can't come soon enough....

The two looking glass women died, but one lived long enough to explain the code. Mikhail was mortally wounded, but escaped to use the grenade.

I too thought that Jack was having flashbacks since it seemed like his father was still alive. Then when he met Kate, I knew that it had to have been the future. :blink: :eek: :P

Knowing that everyone's lives turn out worse in the future suggests that things need to be changed by altering the past.

Being in the future must mean the funeral was for one of the crash survivors. The Funeral Director asked Jack if he was he was "friend or family?". Jack replied he was neither. Since it seemed to have been an inner city funeral parlour and the funeral director said that the deceased had requested no funeral service & Jack was the only one to visit, that means that the deceased was Michael, Walt's father. The news clipping that Jack read says the deceased, John Antham hanged himself. Micheal would have guilt for killing Libby & Anna-Lucia and leaving everyone on the island. Walt would probably have shunned his father for his transgretions after he grew up.

So future Kate must be with Sawyer, so that is why she & Jack must meet in secret. OR she's still wanted for murder. I wonder how she wasn't arrested when rescued? She wouldn't be able to assume one of the dead passenger's identity since they would have her picture. :thinking:

Jack is distraught that everyone would be better off to be back on the island. That got me to wonder if he managed to send a message back in time time to warn everyone through the ghostly voice 'Jacob' who had the message 'Help Me' for Locke. Jack wouldn't leave a message for his past self, knowing what a sceptic he was. Locke would be the only one receptive to supernatural messages.

Was Walt really on the island? I think that he might have been a manifestation of the island since he knew that Locke wanted to shoot himself because he was paralysed once again. 'Apparition Walt' knew that Locke would be able to get up if he tried and believed that he could.

Back on the island, Ben did a poor job in explaining why contacting the boat would be bad. I suspected that he would be treacherous when he asked Jack to use the walkie talkie to talk to Mr. Friendly. I'm not surprised that the hostage weren't killed since they were still useful as living hostages.

Why did the one-eyed Russian, Mikhail still want to follow Ben's orders? He knew that Ben was a liar and not to be trusted. I forget the explanation why the two underwater base women had to be killed. Was the explanation valid?

Charlie dying. I guess that he wanted to fulfill Desmond's vision. Otherwise, I'd think that he had enough time to close the watertight door from the otherside. He had a heroic death in being able to write the message onto his hand, but it seemed like he only thought of it at the last moment - so it would have been better to have gone out and seal the door.

Mikhail was tough to have survived getting speared. And stealthy at being able to putting on a scuba tank & mask, finding a grenade, and then slipping outside. :P Holding a grenade next to a window wouldn't stop Desmond and Charlie from shutting of the jammer if one of them would be able to close the watertight door. His chances at stopping them were uncertain. I suppose that he had no choice if he was dying.

I liked how Hurley got to be a hero. It was good writing for the writers to remember Hurley used the Dharma Volkswagen van several episodes ago. :cool:

Great episode! (y) :cool:

Oh wow - I'm still trying to get my head around that cliffhanger?!

The title 'Through the Looking Glass' could refer to the Dharma base or it could indicate that Jack's flash-future wasn't real?

I can't believe Charlie died!! :cry: I really thought everthing was going to be okay once they had diving equipment.

I loved the Alex/Rosseau moment -

"This is your mother"
"Will you help me tie him up?" :lol:

Ohh I'm just dying for Season 4!!! :woot:

The lady and the boy in the car crash did we get a name? or could it be Claire and Aron, so we all know that it is 8 years in the future?
DUUUUUUUUUUUDE...so never thought of that, but OMG!

Desmond trying to smash the glass with the fire extinguisher to get Charlie out reminded me of S1 finale with Syd trying to free Vaughn...
Ok, wow....I thought the exact same thing! I screamed ALIAS when I saw what he was doing!! It was even shot from the same angle, I swear JJ tries at every opportunity to shout out to the Alias fans!!

Anyone else remember Mikhail from Alias too? He was the dude in Season 4 ep 21 "Search and Rescue" who got his head shoved in a toilet by Syd!!! He gave up the info on Irina being doubled...HAHA!

And the Elsa Caplan thing, as soon as I saw her I recognised her from something I'd seen, but couldn't place her. But in my head I could see her crying and being very emotional, so I was trying to put the pieces together. I looked over at my collection of box sets to see if I could place her in a TV show...that's when I saw Alias Seasons 1-5 and immediately it clicked: Elsa Caplan!!!

Awesome finale...I only just saw it coz I live in Australia too, total STOOGE! I CANNOT wait till January for Season 4, but shame on abc for making us wait that long, what are they trying to do to us?!

I saw that one and it was fabulous. I had a very good time watching with my kids. It was very entertaining and so fun to watch.

Back