Vehicles in HJ?

Karetyr

Cadet
Assuming they eventually included vehicles in Hero's Journey, what would you want to have?

Myself, I'd like an open, single-horse cart to store all my ale barrels in. :cool:

I'm sure this is asking for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much, but if we're talking about the ideal transport, a mobile fortress would be awesome. Like a big ominous tower on mechanical, scythe-like legs.

If not, a small mecha might be nice. I would be playing Arcanum, so I could probably supply the magical items to run it if I could just find a high-level Gearsmith to build it.

Barring those, I suppose maybe I could control a Foul Dragon from a small installation in the ribcage. Not quite so grand, but at least it's intimidating...

That makes me wonder if the turtle towers can ever be up for grabs..

Ideal transportation? I wouldn't want a vehicle. I like those lizardy looking things that have been shown in screenshots. Or maybe one of those bunnygoats! Those were so cute.. A super calm bunnygoat that could have it's ears played with...

And I would like it most if I had to tie the bunnygoat up somewhere, not stuff it magically into my pocket and it disappears.

Since I'm leaning towards Kinnaes, I think some large animal with a howdah on it's back would be great. (essentially a carriage or platform on the back of an elephant or other large creature) To be able to fight from it's back and carry multiple people and cargo.

I would love to be a whalerider.. on those flying fishy thingies we seen on screens and crappy vids. (If they still are in the game, that is)

navarre bad = 451000
navarre nice = 412000

arsehole.jpg

I'd love huge vehicles, but with a zoned schematic for the world I can't see player-owned versions being viable. NPC ones are another matter, since they could be used for events. If we weren't in a zoned world, or if zones were huge, I'd want an airship. Armed to the teeth, dedicated to good causes but more than happy to beat down evil fortresses and such when duty calls.

Back