Way Back Into Love

hey guys,

I know I said I wasn't going to post this one until I had completely finished posting my other story? Well, I just got so excited about this story that I just felt I had to start posting it now. :D
Now, this story is still a work in progress so please be gentle and kind as to give me the time to finish writing this properly.
I'll do my best to update this every week but since, as said before, this story isn't completely written yet, it isn't a full guarentee.
But I promise I'll do my best to update this every Wednesday ;)

Now, what this story is about :When a pregnant woman loses her husband, she suddenly has to deal with everything on her own until, an unexpected helping hand shows up and once again turns her whole life upside down.

I hope you'll like it :smiley:

=>Chapter 1 (below) Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6+7+8 chapter 9+10+11+12 Chapter 13+14+15+16 Chapter 17+18+19+20
Chapter 21+22+23+24 Chapter 25=>epilogue

Way back into love

One

The sun had just awoken above the busy city of Los Angeles and it was said to become a very beautiful and warm day but for thirty-five year old Michael Vaughn it didn't matter because when he walked into the County Hospital that morning, he knew he would only be seeing the sun from behind the hospital windows that day.

Being a doctor had always been something he wanted to do and even though he barely had a social life due to the long and unsteady work hours, he still loved his job and the fact that he was able to safe people every day of the year.

Walking out of the doctor's dressing room and into the halls of the hospital’s second floor on which he was stationed that day, he neared a few of the nurses of that floor and as he came closer to them, he could hear them have their normal gossip round again.
Smiling inwardly, he decided to just play along this one time.

"Who are we gossiping about now ladies?"
And it was only then that they noticed him standing there.

"Oh doctor Vaughn, I didn't see you coming."
"That was obvious Mary."
"Well we were just talking about that woman who was brought in about an hour ago to give birth."
"What about her?"
“Well she came in alone and she’s expecting twins.”
“Has someone contacted the father yet?”
“Actually, it seems that he died about a month ago.”
“I see and what about family members?”
“Her parents died a few years ago in a car accident and we asked her if we could contact her former husbands’ family but she said they didn’t want to have any contact with her.”
“So who’s with her?”
“No one…she’s been in labour for the past hour but so far there isn’t any progress.”
“Who are her doctors?”
“Nichols and Stevenson.”
“Okay thanks.”
“Sure.”

And suddenly he walked away towards the delivery rooms to see if he could do anything about her situation.

While on his way over to the delivery rooms he paged one of his closest friends, doctor Sam Nichols, and told him to wait for him just outside the room.

“Hey, what’s up?”
“I want to be in the delivery room.”
“Why? Stevenson and I can manage.”
“I know but Mary told me that she’s in there alone.”
“Yeah, her husband is dead and so is her family.”
“She needs someone by her side Sam, no woman should ever have to go through giving birth alone.”
“Why do you want to do this? Do you know her or something?”
“No, I just want to help at least someone today and I might as well start with her.”
“You’re a crazy person but a good doctor. Go get cleaned up and be in the room in two minutes. She’s ready to give birth.”
“I’ll be there.”

And less than five minutes later, Michael Vaughn walked into the delivery room and while every one in the room stared at him, wondering why he was there too, he only had eyes for the beautiful woman on the hospital bed.

Hey everyone, thanks for the very kind reviews ;)
I'm very thrilled that you all seem to like this one too :blush:

Oh and Amy,I'm doing well. Hope you are fine too.
It was nice to see you here again ;)

He hasn't met her yet, but he wants to start his day off doing something good.
He's going to be her knight in shining armor.

Sydney found someone to hold her hand while she is in delivery. I'm thinking that this will only be the first of many times it will be held. :angelic:

Chris

Back