Way back there

AN: another update! :welcome: to mountaineer83186!
thanks for reading guys!

Chapter 8

The car ride home was completely silent. Vaughn kept his hands on the wheel and stared intently on the road. He looked at the passerby occasionally, but he just looked ahead. He wanted to go home and go to bed. He was tired, depressed, and just so out of it. Sydney had been honest with him, but she was hiding. Hiding from the truth, and playing hot and cold with him. He felt lost, he just was trying to find his way.

~Vaughn POV~

She flirts with me, she hugs me, she stares at me like she wants to kiss me. I don't know why she can't just do what she feels is right and say what she's feeling deep down. This is killing me. I'm falling apart as time goes by. I'm just slowly slipping away...deep down into a hole of depression and loneliness. Sydney Bristow is truely something, I must tell you. She is the best girl I have ever known, but she's also got a side of her I dislike very much, which is the games she's playing with me now. I'm so close to just pushing her against a wall, kissing her deeply, and telling her how much I love her. But I can't do that now, can I? I know she would just run away from me and leave me in the dust. I can't handle that either right now. I would need her to say something to me if I did that. I guess this is in fate's hands now.

A song came on the radio as Vaughn was thinking intently, and he turned it up. He heard the beat and knew exactly what it was.

I've given up on giving up slowly, I’m blending in so
You won’t even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate
This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption
because I know to live you must give your life away
And I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.

Sydney looked over at him, the first time she had looked at him since when they had talked. She kept her stare at him, and he could see her from the corner of his eye. She wished and hoped that they could fix this, but it was no use anymore. She had just felt like she had to give up completley and move on with her life. He was taken, and Sydney felt it was wrong that he had been flirting with her all afternoon.

I’m giving up on doing this alone now
Cause I’ve failed and I’m ready to be shown how
He’s told me the way and I’m trying to get there
And this life sentence that I’m serving
I admit that I’m every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

Vaughn stopped at a red light, and looked over at Sydney. As soon as his head turned, her head turned back to the road. He smiled a bit, but then his smiled faded when she looked over and gave him a death look. His eyebrow went up, and his face just turned to disapointment. Sydney had never ever given him such a bad look until now. He looked into the back, Francie had fallen asleep. He opened his mouth, but no words came out.

Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
Cause I’m afraid that this complacency is something I can’t shake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.

I am a hostage to my own humanity
Self detained and forced to live in this mess I’ve made
And all I’m asking is for You to do what You can with me
But I can’t ask You to give what You already gave

Sydney's eyes began to well with tears as the words of the song blasted through the radio, and she did not want Vaughn to see her this way. She couldn't hide her face, because he would obviously see her. She turned her head to the right, pretending to look out the car window and watch the cars fly by her. She had to make Vaughn stop somewhere.

Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while you hold the key
I’ve gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I’ve gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging
You to be my escape.

I fought You for so long
I should have let You in
Oh how we regret those things we do
And all I was trying to do was save my own skin
But so were You

So were You

"Vaughn, can you pull the car over?" She asked without looking in his direction.

"Why?"

"I need to use the bathroom." She lied.

"I'll stop at the next exit."

"Thanks." She put her hand in front of her mouth the hide the sobs.

~~

As soon as the car pulled into the McDonalds parking lot, Sydney rushed out the door and ran into the store. Vaughn was about to run after her, when Francie woke up.

"Whats going on?"

"Syd has to use the bathroom."

"Oh I see. Well, I'm gonna go in and get some food while we're here."

"I'll wait out here."

"Want anything?"

"I guess I'll have a chocolate milkshake. Heres two bucks." He handed her some money.

"Be right back." Francie stretched her legs and walked inside.

~Syd POV~

I wish I could just die right here, right now. He hates me. I could tell by the way he looked at me. It was just so cold and so disinviting. I mean, I know I gave a mean look back, I'm just so upset with our conversation earlier. He knew damn well I loved him, and I don't know why those horrible words came out of his mouth. It pissed me off so bad. He knows I'm angry too. I won't look at him at all, I can't. I'll break down if I do look at him, especially in the eye. I wish Francie wasn't so hung up on him, otherwise I would totally confide in her for help. I can't do that, for so many reasons that I can't name. She just wouldn't understand...she always thought long distance relationships were bullshi*. She made fun of me when I told her about it, and then she talked to him online and she took him over for a while it felt like. I lost him for a few months. He just wouldn't act the same and everything wasn't the same with us. It killed me to death, too. I just can't confide in Francie.

Sydney put her head in her hands, once again, breaking down in a stall, like she did at the beach. She pounded at the walls, she didn't care if she was causing attention, she just needed to get her anger and sadness out of her system.

Francie came into the bathroom while Sydney was doing this, and knew it was her from looking at the bottom of the stall. She came face to face with those black flip flops with rhinestones. She knocked on the door quietly.

"Sydney? Hun whats wrong?"

"Francie go away, please." She sobbed.

"Hun please talk to me. I'm here for you."

"Just go away I said, just GO back in the car."

Francie heard Sydney throw some of the toilet paper, it was rolling all over the floor, as she looked back under the stall, finding Sydney now on the ground. She was completley breaking down now, and she was grabbing fistfulls of her hair and pulling at it. She was screaming and hitting the stall walls, and Francie panicked. Her best friend was slowly loosing control. She ran out of the bathroom, trying to cause no attention, and ran out to the car. She had to get Vaughn.

She opened the car door and began to pull him out.

"Whats wrong?"

"You need to come. Sydney is having a mental breakdown in the bathroom."

"Are you kidding me?"

"NO! Now come get her out! She needs help Vaughn!"

They both ran as fast as they could, almost knocking people coming out of the door. He ran into the women's bathroom, people now staring at them. He opened the door, finding Sydney still sitting on the floor with her hair in her hands.

"Sydney whats going on?" Vaughn sat down next to her.

"I can't take this anymore."

"Sydney, lets just go home."

Sydney didn't respond, as Vaughn picked her up in his arms. He walked out of the bathroom carrying her, and everyone looked at them as the three of them walked back to the car. He laid her in the backseat, covering her with a blanket. Francie offered to sit with her, but she just shook her head. She sat in front with Vaughn.

"Vaughn." Francie finally spoke when Sydney was asleep.

"I know, this is my fault."

"Whats going on with you guys?"

"We talked, and I said some dumb things. I f*cked up Fran, I f*cked up."

"Tell her that then."

Lyrics- Be my escape-Relient K
PM list:
rileylovesalias
sd6452
SuperDuck123
vaughnshoney
vaughnsgurl4lf
KAC
xMountineer02300844x
kalias
stealthy
Lovygirl
deranged_girl
Syd_ Vaughn
gregstar
frangipani
KAliasGirl
74Aliaschickita47
sydney_alias_vaughn
alias=mylife26
Garner_Chick6
Sarahmañana
SYD96
Addicted 2 Alias
SydAPO05
Phoenixwannabe
Nancy O
Bubbles
secret_agent_angel
ashqua
SpygirlAmy
maddy28
jadeygirl
sydneyv22
BrownEyedGirl
cupcake55
-----------
sydneymicheal
freckles3706
freelancer79
buckeyealum2000
syd26
tunita
mountaineer83186
texasalias2004

anyone else? ;)
Addicts list
#1-maddy28
#2-bubbles
#3-SYD96
#4-sydney_alias_vaughn

ooo can i be added to your addict list please :D
i love this story
great chapter, poor Syd, both Vaughn and Sydney need to get their act together and tell eachother something constructive
can't wait for more
thanx for the pm

:smiley:

Oh no!
Poor Syd
She doesn't deserve this
Michael needs to tell her how he feels
Cause I swear that Sydney feels the same way
I promise you that
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

I know how Sydney feels. -_- And Vaughn too, I guess.
It must be harder when there's love involved..I wouldn't know...since to love you have to have someone to love you back. *sigh*
It was a really good chapter and you did a wonderful job incoperating song lyrics into the chapter :smiley:
Thanks for the PM :hug:

Ri

If they aren't willing to put themselves out in the open with their feeling maybe they don't deserve each other.
Thanks for the PM

Oh poor Sydney. :(
She is hurting so badly.
I hope her and Vaughn talk soon. :thinking:
Thank you for the pm.
I can't wait for more.
:surf:

Back