Season 4 What Dixon Said To Sloane?

Do you agree with Dixon that Sloane is still "toxic"?

• I believe Sloane when he says he is reformed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not sure whether he is good or bad now.

• I think he is up to something but I am not sure whether it is really bad.

• I fully believe he could NEVER reform.

• Total voters

jems

michael's widow in mourning
Dixon: "I'd have said this earlier, but when I get done it's likely that you relieve me of my position and I didn't want that to happen whilst Sydney was in the field. I've asked myself countless times why I never saw the true nature of SD-6 . For a while I punished myself over it, finally I realised, my only failure was that of imagination. Despite all the evil I'd encountered I'd never imagined a person could exist, someone as thoroughly toxic as yourself. I won't make that mistake again. You want us to believe you've reformed, that for the love of your daughter you've decided to listen to the better angels of your nature. Arvin, let's be honest. You don't have any. And on thet inevitible day, when your true motive reveales itself. I promise you, I'll be there!. I'll be waiting!"

Since the start of the season I have been waiting for the audience to be reminded of Sloane's history. Although we were told in APO that the group are watching him as he leads APO nothing else has been mentioned to hint to us that he does indeed have another agenda and in the past his motives have always been floating around in the background rousing our interest.

Hearing Dixon say this to Sloane made me start to wonder what Sloane's motives are and how they are going to come into play this season. It also made me wonder whether he really could become a reformed man and play a good guy...........I was soon to dismiss this since I believe as Dixon said that he has no "better angels". But I continue to be intuiged by his supposed good side and wonder what he is up to and why the US Government are so keen to use him.

I suppose I am just interested to see where this is going and why we are now being reminded that he is a nasty little SOB.

Any thoughts?

When Dixon finished that speech, I shouted, "Beat that little man down, Dix!" I think that speech served as a reminder to the audience that Sloane might be up to something and that we shouldn't trust him. In every episode so far, the idea of Sloane betraying them hasn't really been addressed. There have been a few comments, but nothing like what Dixon said. I think the writers didn't want us to starting getting comfortable with Sloane. Also, that look on Sloane's face when Dixon left made me suspicious too. He was so angry. Angry because he knew that Dixon wasn't afraid of him and was preparing for Sloane's inevitable betrayal? Could be. Maybe he was trying to get Syd killed or more possibly, let a crazy Syd kill Jack and/or Vaughn. I'm left with one thought: Don't trust Sloane!

i fully belive he could never reform!!!!!!!!!!!

once a bad evil sob - always a bad evil sob

sorry -_- i hate sloane. He should have stayed dead in hourglass as far as i'm concerned.
i'm kinda sick of him being the plauge on everyone's lives - as sydney put it after the fall of SD-6
but you know what hes up to something hes ALWAYS up to something
and if the show hadnt changed to get rid of rambaldi - sloane woudl be off in some wharehouse somewhere drooling over the sphere of life and contimplating his next evil move

the manis bad news - could someone just shoot him inthe face please?

So I think, definitely Sloane has an ulterior motive. There is no way he would do something for altruistic value only. There has to be something in it for him...whether that is the ultimate evil, or maybe just something to do with Nadia, Syd, or Jack...I don't know. I think though, that is possible that he could be enjoying doing work for the good guys, because if the evil little man does have a spark of wanting to be a better man in him.......well, this would feel like pennance or something. Cannot wait until next week!

Hearing Dixon say this to Sloane made me start to wonder what Sloane's motives are and how they are going to come into play this season. It also made me wonder whether he really could become a reformed man and play a good guy...........I was soon to dismiss this since I believe as Dixon said that he has no "better angels". But I continue to be intuiged by his supposed good side and wonder what he is up to and why the US Government are so keen to use him.

I suppose I am just interested to see where this is going and why we are now being reminded that he is a nasty little SOB.

Sloane didn't have me fooled for one minute. He is up to no good. I don't think he will ever really change.

You bring up a good point. Why are we now being reminded that Sloane is an evil person. I'm sure it has everything to do with what Sloane is up to. Hopefully we will find out at some point this season.

Dixon is the voice of reason on the show now, it seems. He was right on target with what he said to Sloane.

ron rifkin is a great actor
he put an expression on his face that
could be variously interpreted as
"you'll never catch me"
or "how dare you insult me like that-
i'm a changed man"
more will be revealed but
they left me wondering...

mc

I think he is up to something...which of course it is not good because its SLOANE!!!! Which is good because this is what I love about him!!!

Mel

Dixon totally kicked ass in this speech. Of course Sloane is still evil! He's Sloane, that's what he does. If Sloane isn't up to something major I will be very disappointed. With Dixoon, Jack, and Syd watching him, he will have to be very clever to fool them all.

Sloan has his own agenda and for whatever reason, being where he is has to be part of it. I think part of his reasoning is to get on Nadia's good side and win her trust and try to get her on his side. I don't think he could even attempt to win anyone else over.

I just wonder how long it will be until he starts showing his true colors again.

I agree jems - I'm so used to thinking of Sloane as pure, unadulterated evil that the thought that he might have a good side is intriguing. It would also make for an interesting storyline if Sloane didn't turn out to be the bad guy this season. I'm mean, I'm sure he has something up his sleeve, but maybe it's more complicated and morally fuzzy this time around. He's such a fascinating character that anything's possible.

But even if he does reform, can he ever truly redeem himself for his past actions? Is there anything he could do that would merit Sydney and Dixon's forgiveness? I don't think so.

I am not sure whether he is good or bad now.
Yup, thats what i said. I seriously don't know. Even my mom who has seen Alias like 4 times said that i am crazy to think that he could possibly be good. I just don't know....

he would NEVER reform himself ... and Dixon said it good ... its his nature ... he is TOXIC (y) (y)

btw ... "I'll be there" Dixon said ... but WE will be there too ... ;)

That was a great speech. Go, Dixon! Since the premiere, everyone has been acting like it's okay that Sloane's the boss, but now Dixon reminds us that no one's forgotten about Sloane's evil side.

35 votes and no one is foolish enough to believe that Sloane has reformed.

That pretty much tells you right there.

After that final scene, it's pretty obvious that the writers are gonna do something big with Sloane this season. I hope it's worth waiting for and I hope they do it right.

Alias_Gay said:
he would NEVER reform himself ... and Dixon said it good ... its his nature ... he is TOXIC (y) (y)

btw ... "I'll be there" Dixon said ... but WE will be there too ... ;)
[post="1206075"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

How can you be certain that YOU'LL be there!? ;)

Just kidding... :D ^_^

mexico city said:
ron rifkin is a great actor
he put an expression on his face that
could be variously interpreted as
"you'll never catch me"
or "how dare you insult me like that-
i'm a changed man"
more will be revealed but
they left me wondering...

mc
[post="1205377"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree that Ron had an ambiguous expression.

I don't think that Sloane is simply pure evil, nor is a sociopath. He has an agenda. And if some 'collateral damage' occurs, he thinks that it is justified to accomplish his goal.

Alias has some of the best writing on TV. It doesn't seem likely that anything is as straight forward as they appear.

Back