What is the =maximum= that you'd be willing to pay for a game?

What is the maximum you would spend per month for one Game

• $15 and under

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • $16-20

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • $21-30

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • $31-40

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • $41 and over

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
33 pages and going. I've already said what I'm going to say, but for the sake of pointing it out to new readers..

Don't rock a boat that sails fine.

WatchMaker said:
33 pages and going. I've already said what I'm going to say, but for the sake of pointing it out to new readers..

Don't rock a boat that sails fine.

And Simu has been sailing along much longer than the rest of them.

1. I ran a mud ... back in the 90's. *bleh* to text games. It's old, it's out of date, and people that don't like change, will like 'em to this day.

2. I have a hard time justifying the expense of $50-$60 for a console game that lasts relatively 10 hours.

3. I have a hard time justifying the expense of purchasing *any* game that costs $50+ to buy and $20 each month thereafter. That's $290 per year that I could put elsewhere. For that price I better be darn well entertained, thoroughly. $30+ per month is insanity in my eyes, and cannot be justified. I would get more satisfaction of dumping $30+ to my local zoo, botanical garden, museum or theatre.

... This is my opinion, and most likely no one elses. I don't expect an agreement, nor to start a war, this is purely my own opinion of cost justification. -- and I'm by no means poor. I can afford $100/month if I chose it, but I haven't found anything yet... other than my apartment's rent and auto insurance ;)

Jaraeth said:
It's old, it's out of date, and people that don't like change, will like 'em to this day.

I change every day. My job requires me to push change on others. To date I have not found a graphics game that provides the immersion that a good text game provides.

Sylvado said:
I change every day. My job requires me to push change on others. To date I have not found a graphics game that provides the immersion that a good text game provides.

The graphics games don't hold a candle to the level of intricacy in GS or DR systems either.

I'll ask again Jaraeth. Have you tried either game for any reasonable amount of time. It's awful lame to try and imply any type of correlation between your 90's MUD and GS/DR if you haven't even played them.

Opinions without foundation are rather worthless, other than fulfilling some desire to pontificate.

This thread can't die!

87cf706ceda689fc0dd28df65ba1f6be.gif

i voted $16-$20. basically i wont play the game if i have to pay more then i do for WoW. even if you are offering me pure joy at it's most basic levels for every moment i am logged in. even if your graphics look better then reality it's self, i wont pay more then $20 for the monthly fee.

Why pay for collectors edition anyway? For an extra non-use pet usually? seems like a waste of an ecxtra 20 bucks to me.

Oh they often have things like pewter miniatures, or maps, in them too. All sorts of stuff. If people are into the game, they see it as good value.

DAoC came with a map no matter what and a pewter miniture is worthless to me, so I, for one, will be getting reg unless they ofer something ab-normal for those who get collectors edition.

They should give you something like a worthless item that looks cool and has some cool ability instead of something to follow you around maybe.

Back