What It All Comes Down To

:hi: Hello everyone! Next update is tomorrow since I have up to chapter twenty-one already written. :smiley: So enjoy and don't forget to review!

-erin :smiley:

Chapter Sixteen
-Vaughn’s POV-
“What do you mean you have a hostage situation?”

“Simon.”

“Who did he take? I hope not Mr. Tolton!”

“No, he took Senor Hernandez and shot his bodyguard. I escaped from the conference room through the air vents. Simon’s supposed to be calling with his demands in about five minutes.”

“Okay. Go! I’ll get the authorities.”

“No! We’ll wait until after twenty-four hours.” And with that I hung up.
-End of POV-
-----------------------------
-Nadia’s POV-
On our way back to New York City, Sydney received a call. From hearing what she said, it sounds like trouble. I think Mrs. Tolton is worried because Syd mentioned Mr. Tolton’s name.

“Mrs. Tolton, Mr. Tolton and Agent Vaughn cannot make it to the tour of New York City. The conference is going longer than expected,” Sydney said. I could tell she was lying.

“Oh alright. For a minute there you had me worried.”

No one said anything for the rest of the ride back. Eric and I haven’t called a truce yet, so it might be a while.
-End of POV-
-----------------------------
-Vaughn’s POV-
I casually walked back in and went to the conference room, through the doors. Everyone was shocked that I came through the actual doors. About two minutes later the phone rang. I pressed speakerphone.

“Good afternoon, Senor Hernandez here is still alive. Here’s your proof.”

Senor Hernandez got on the phone, “Hello all. I am alive for now. You must meet the following demands within the next twenty-four hours: four million in cash, four firearms, and someone to take my place.”

The call ended, “Attention!” I called out after everyone started freaking out.

“We will NOT meet the demands of Simon.”

“But that’s absurd!” Someone yelled out.

“No, because another agent, one of the best in the field and myself will rescue Senor Hernandez. I cannot promise you this will work. Two other agents will stay with all of you while this goes on for your safety. Questions?”

People asked questions and I answered each of them to the best of my knowledge. During the questions I remembered that my op-tech was x-ray vision sunglasses…good thing the sun was setting and it was shining in my eyes. I put them on and looked around. They were all clean. Just as I passed some man I spotted a bomb in the bookcase. Immediately, I called Marshall.

“Marshall.”

“It’s Vaughn. I need your help.”

PM LIST
cupcake55
iheartvaughn
texasalias2004
benzmine
derevkointraining
Nicky_Bristow
sydneymicheal
tubby
Nadia Weiss
grassyass
KAliasGirl
UndercoverPhoenix47
fire*N*ice
mnkdance963
Aliaschick347
Love That Arvin Sloane
syd-157
AliasSydney502
Catfishally
ALIAS_chick
dandan

bomb in a bookcase? what is this, doctor suse?

ok, i really have no idea how to spell that.

and i was joking. Great update, cn't wait for another tomorrow

A/N: Sorry it took me so long. I had the chapter already in the computer, I just haven't found the time. Were did the summer go? :thinking: Anyway, next update is most likely on the weekends, as mentioned in my other fics. Only about seven chappies left. :( Please enjoy and review!

Chapter Seventeen
“Yeah?”

“I found a bomb, and I need to know how to disarm it now.”

“Okay, what color of wires are there?”
-End of POV-
---------------------------
APO
-Marshall’s POV-
Just as I asked what color the wires were, Mr. Sloane walked in.

“Marshall, who are you on the phone with?”

“My wife Carrie, Mitchell is in the hospital. He fell and hit his head,” I replied.

“I hope he’s alright.” Sloane said suspiciously and walked out.

“Phew…Vaughn?”
-End of POV-
Conference
“Yes?”

“Okay the colors!”

“Um…blue, red, yellow, and white.”

“Trace them to the detonator; it should be the yellow one.”

“I’m going to cut it, it looks right.”

“Alright, I’ll stand by.”

Marshall stood by for a minute until Vaughn said, “It stopped. Thanks. Again, this DOES NOT go to Sloane.”

“Gottcha.”

Vaughn looked at the clock on the wall, seven forty-five. His cell phone rang.

“Vaughn.”

“It’s Syd. I’m ready.”

“Good, get Eric and Nadia. Meet me by the delivery door. Call Marshall if you need help.”

“See you in fifteen.”

“Room one.”

He hung up his cell phone and once again got the EU and U.S. farmer’s attention, “Alright, it’s been four hours. We have twenty hours to save Senor Hernandez. I have my team coming in less than fifteen minutes. Two will be on hand here in the conference room.”

Vaughn walked over to Mr. Tolton, “Mr. Tolton, Barbara, Maria, and Tom are all okay.”

“But how will they be with no agents with them?”

“Agent Bristow is checking the room before they enter. They cannot leave until we have Simon.”

“If you’re sure it’ll work.”

“Positive.”

Fifteen Minutes Later:
Sydney, Eric, and Nadia arrived at the conference room.

“Good evening once again. Tonight we are going to try to rescue Senor Hernandez. Agents Santos and Weiss are going to stay behind with all of you while Agent Bristow and I are going in. Rules: NO ONE leaves. NO ONE calls the press and you obey Agents Santos and Weiss.

PM LIST
cupcake55
iheartvaughn
texasalias2004
benzmine
derevkointraining
Nicky_Bristow
sydneymicheal
tubby
Nadia Weiss
grassyass
KAliasGirl
UndercoverPhoenix47
fire*N*ice
mnkdance963
Aliaschick347
Love That Arvin Sloane
syd-157
AliasSydney502
Catfishally
ALIAS_chick
dandan

:eek:ldhi: Hi everyone! Wow, I looked back at the post and realized, oops, I forgot to give you guys the rest of the chapter. Sorry that it confused everyone. Anyway, I was cleaning off my desk, mounds of school papers, handbags, water bottles, stuff from camp, the list goes on...and low and behold, I found the rest of the pre-written part to this fic! YAY! Which means, now all I have to do is type it in, post it for you guys, and update the other fics, and we're good to go. Again, apologies for the un-updateness and for confusing you guys. Update tomorrow, I think. We'll see if I have time.

:eek:ldhi: Hey! Wow, long time no post. Well I've gotten chapter eighteen typed and seventeen fixed. So, I hope you haven't lost interest, the remaining chapters will be posted within the next week and a half I hope. So R&R and enjoy!

Chapter Seventeen
“Yeah?”

“I found a bomb, and I need to know how to disarm it now.”

“Okay, what color of wires are there?”
-End of POV-
APO
-Marshall’s POV-
Just as I asked what color the wires were, Mr. Sloane walked in.

“Marshall, who are you on the phone with?”

“My wife Carrie, Mitchell is in the hospital. He fell and hit his head,” I replied.

“I hope he’s alright.” Sloane said suspiciously and walked out.

“Phew…Vaughn?”
-End of POV-
Conference
“Yes?”

“Okay the colors!”

“Um…blue, red, yellow, and white.”

“Trace them to the detonator; it should be the yellow one.”

“I’m going to cut it, it looks right.”

“Alright, I’ll stand by.”

Marshall stood by for a minute until Vaughn said, “It stopped. Thanks. Again, this DOES NOT go to Sloane.”

“Gottcha.”

Vaughn looked at the clock on the wall, seven forty-five. His cell phone rang.

“Vaughn.”

“It’s Syd. I’m ready.”

“Good, get Eric and Nadia. Meet me by the delivery door. Call Marshall if you need help.”

“See you in fifteen.”

“Room one.”

He hung up his cell phone and once again got the EU and U.S. farmer’s attention, “Alright, it’s been four hours. We have twenty hours to save Senor Hernandez. I have my team coming in less than fifteen minutes. Two will be on hand here in the conference room.”

Vaughn walked over to Mr. Tolton, “Mr. Tolton, Barbara, Maria, and Tom are all okay.”

“But how will they be with no agents with them?”

“Agent Bristow is checking the room before they enter. They cannot leave until we have Simon.”

“If you’re sure it’ll work.”

“Positive.”

Fifteen Minutes Later:
Sydney, Eric, and Nadia arrived at the conference room.

“Good evening once again. Tonight we are going to try to rescue Senor Hernandez. Agents Santos and Weiss are going to stay behind with all of you while Agent Bristow and I are going in. Rules: NO ONE leaves. NO ONE calls the press and you obey Agents Santos and Weiss.”

Nadia, Eric, Sydney, and Vaughn headed towards the end of the conference table to discuss plans.

“I brought the comms.” Sydney announced.

“Okay,” Vaughn said as he started drawing, “Syd and I are going in through the vents up to the third floor where Simon is. Syd is going to take out the guards by the door and get Simon out of the room. If we need back-up we’ll call.”

“Alright, we’re going to order some food for these people and me!” Eric said.

“Classical Eric,” Nadia said giggling.

Sydney and Vaughn entered the vent and went radio silent until they got out of the ventilation system.

Nadia and Eric asked the conference members what everyone would like to order. Everyone agreed on Chinese take-out after five minutes of arguing. It was planned that they would call the order in and Eric would go get the food, hopefully not eating all of it before he got back.
----------------------
Once up on the third floor, Sydney crawled out.

“Evergreen?” Sydney called on her comm.

“Yeah?”

“Can you hack into the security feed?”

“Hold on.” Nadia said as she borrowed Mr. Tolton’s laptop. She plugged into the network.

“Okay.”

“We’re in.”

Chapter Eighteen
“Evergreen, how’s the third floor?”

“Two guards on room three.”

“Copy that.”

Sydney proceeded down towards room three; she pulled out a gun and shot each guard in the leg. She then drug them around the corner.

“Boy scout we’re in, do you copy?”

“Copy that Phoenix, heading back in, going radio silent.”

Vaughn proceeded and found the room. Simon was talking on his cell phone.

“I have another man. I couldn’t find Tolton! Another man was in his place!”

“Yes, I understand, hold on, I heard gun fire.”
------------------------------------------
Sydney heard the door open, Guess I have to play dangerous, she thought.

She walked in the direction, “Entschuldigung! Entschuldigung!„ (Excuse me! Excuse me!)

“Ja?” (Yes?)

“Ich muss meine Hotel Zimmer finden.” (I must find my hotel room.)

“So, was kann ich für dich tun?” (So, what can I do for you?)

“Helfen.” (Help.)

“Sicher,” he sighed, “Moment bitte.” (Sure, one moment please.)

“Ja, okay.” (Yes, okay)

Once the doors were closed, Sydney started into combat mode. Punches left and right, kicks were flying everywhere. After five minutes Simon Schmitt was on the ground. She opened the door.

Once Vaughn saw the doors close he rushed to Senor Hernandez’s help. As he was un-cuffing Senor Hernandez, Vaughn saw out of the corner of his eye the doors open. To his relief, it was only Sydney.

“Senor Hernandez, we’re going back to the conference room.” Vaughn told him.

“Okay.”

“Vaughn, I’m going to handcuff Simon and call the police.”

“Alright, take him to our conference room.”

“I will.”

Vaughn and Senor Hernandez disappeared into the vents. Sydney opened the door and saw that Simon was no longer there. How could I have been that stupid? Sydney thought to herself.

“Evergreen? Boy scout?”

“Go ahead,” Nadia said.

“Simon’s gone! He apparently got up and left. Boy scout is coming your ways soon. Lock the door and keep it shut with chairs and anything else.”

“But Eric’s supposed to be back in five minutes.”

“Then we better hope that he makes it back FAST!”

“I know.”

“I’m going through, be there soon.”

Sydney got back to the conference room in five minutes. Weiss was there and the door was blocked by chairs and the table.

“Let’s call for a limo out of here,” Mr. Tolton said.

“Alright,” Vaughn told him and then spoke up, “Everyone should call for a ride. Tell your driver to pick you up at the delivery door.”

“Vaughn, man, Nad and I will wait until everyone has gotten their ride. We all drove here in the BMW.”

“Okay, have you and Nad repaired things?”

“Yeah, I think.”

“Good, now I can get peaceful night of sleep.”

Back