whats the difference between high and middle skl?

Charlie said:
Generally, you TURN each of these ages right before, during, or in the early summer after the grade.

Kindergarden - turn 6
1st - turn 7
2nd - turn 8
3rd - turn 9
4th - turn 10
5th - turn 11
6th - turn 12
7th - turn 13
8th - turn 14
9th - turn 15
10th - turn 16
11th - turn 17
12th - turn 18
[post="1092556"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah thats true.... cept me i was a year younger

mystery_chick said:
I'll be 16 when I gradeuate and a month later I would be 17 ;)
--mandy :angelic:
[post="1092597"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

wow! but its ok mandy! i was 17 when i gradated but just barely :hug:

many middle schools start in 7th grade actually, though many also begin in 6th. depends on the area. it's funny, b/c the public schools in my town are k-6 elementary, but in teh town where i attent a private school, all of the schools end in 5th grade.

I've never had a middle school. I was at the same place from kindergarten to grade 8 and hated it so much. Even at 14 you were treated like children.

But then, in comparison to high school seniors, we were.

Yeah, generally that age chart works. Except if you're born in August or September in which case you might be a year younger. Like I'm going to still be 16 when I start senior year and I was 4 when I started kindergarten.

Our middle school here was 6th through 8th. Although, in our other town it was split up more, like 5th and 6th in one building, then 7th and 8th in another, then high school.

australia and america are SOO different
not just that our yr starts in jan and yours in like sep or something
but everything

Our middle school in my city is only grades 7 and 8. All schools in the US are different but if its public schools then middle school is either grades 5-8, 6-8, 7-8, or 7-9. -- At least all of the schools I know of.

berry_kyoote_spy88 said:
highschool gives you way more freedom, and way more free time!! like seriously i have so much time in school im like serioulsy fooling around or laughing most of the time.
[post="1127966"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I wish...the exact opposite happened to me...I remember middle school being sooo easy that I didn't have to go to American History near the end of school in 8th grade because I conviently convinced the assistant principal that headed all the student council meetings and newspaper meetings to have 'em during then. Not that I didn't like the subject...as a matter a fact I adore the first half of american history...the teacher was just puke...and that was the only regular class I was in...everything else was accelerated.

Mandddeeerz....is our special lil girl! :marlene:

Melissa said:
To me nothing except highschool is sooo much easier! In my opinion!
[post="1200062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, the thing about high school is that you pick your classes, so some people pick all easy classes like pottery or media studies or whatever and then other people pick all AP, IB, or honors classes. My high school was all about getting into college, so we killed ourselves taking the hardest classes possible. I still managed to have fun though.

ms.katejones said:
Well, the thing about high  school is that you pick your classes, so some people pick all easy classes like pottery or media studies or whatever and then other people pick all AP, IB, or honors classes. My high school was all about getting into college, so we killed ourselves taking the hardest classes possible. I still managed to have fun though.
[post="1200494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't take the easy classes I take all the collage bound classes and honers history and it is still easy where i go. It is pretty much the "harder" the class the easier it is to get a high A in! :redhair:

Marlene said:
I wish...the exact opposite happened to me...I remember middle school being sooo easy that I didn't have to go to American History near the end of school in 8th grade because I conviently convinced the assistant principal that headed all the student council meetings and newspaper meetings to have 'em during then.  Not that I didn't like the subject...as a matter a fact I adore the first half of american history...the teacher was just puke...and that was the only regular class I was in...everything else was accelerated. 

Mandddeeerz....is our special lil girl!  :marlene:
[post="1146011"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The same thing happened to me. When I was in middle school, I skipped most of my classes. Seriously. I never got in trouble because I was either helping in the library (library staff, thank you :smiley: ) or working on the yearbook (editor). The class I skipped the most was West Virginia History. I was NEVER in that class, but hey, I got an A!

Back