A New Night

really!! they need to decide soon!
i just hope they are smart about it. im ok with the move but yeah sundays are where its suppose to be and we all look forward to the night so moving would be weird! i just hope if they do move it that the ratings dont go down hill!

I heard somewhere (where I can't remember ...) that maybe Alias will be simular to sex and the city's format - shorter seasons - anyone know if it will be like that? Really hope not

ninja-kitty said:
I heard somewhere (where I can't remember ...) that maybe Alias will be simular to sex and the city's format - shorter seasons - anyone know if it will be like that? Really hope not
For a network show?! Oh, good grief!! I hope that's not true.
:blink:

this is crazy......first the thing about WEDNESDAY...then at 10:OO!!!...and now SHORTER SEASONS!?!?!!?

whyyyyyyyy???????? ⭕ ⭕ :angry:

What if i forget? and are they goofy? people work and go to school and have tests and meetings. everybody is expected to be a drone monday morning, but ya gotta be up n' movin on thursday mornings....

allaliasallthetime said:
i think i'd be ok with it if it changed, but sundays are my favorite days of the weeks. If this new time slot moves, then I guess Wednesdays will be my favorite days of the week! I wish it was on at 9 though -_-
damnit, no! if it's on at 9p, i won't watch alias...

Actually there is speculation of 2 mini-seasons, not shorter seasons. There will still be 22 episodes (TNT has ordered 88 episodes which would take Alias all the way through Season 4). This format has worked well for other shows. They would show 11 consecutive episodes followed by a break say around the holidays and then the rest of the 11 episodes into May sweeps.

After thinking about it, my only concern with the speculation that it is moving to the 10/9 Central timeslot is the new CSI: New York. The CSI franchise is very powerful especially this one with Gary Sinese starring.

Let's all wait and see what ABC announces on the 18th during their upfront. I receive all of the upfront information in my media updates and will post as soon as I know anything.

Let's not get excited before CBS even talks schedule. We don't even know if they can pull the series together in time for the fall schedule--they started pulling it together pretty late . . . not that a forensic procedural's any tough cookie.
-_-

well, V ... thats the same thing they did with CSI:Miami ... they started late ...

and FYI ... last monday night they showed an eppy where the Miami crew met the NY crew ... and that show was # 1 that monday night ... so, believe it that CBS is bringing CSI:NY ...

and what if they decide to put it on Wednesday night ... against Law and Order on NBC ... they just re-newed L&O ... ABC better not make that stupid mistake of moving Alias to a night where CBS might most probably put that new show ...

Alias has to go somewhere, and no matter where it goes, it's going to face competition. That's the facts of life. It's facing competition where it is now, and usually it's not doing that well. So I see a whole lot of people getting afraid of a show that maybe might be put up against it in a slot that it maybe might be moved to.

Geez! Stop worrying!!!!!!!!!!!! Get on with your lives! And if you must worry, do something about it! Get your friends to watch--especially if they have Neilsen boxes!

Meanwhile, I'd walk across the street to avoid something starring Gary Sinese, no matter how good it was . . .

Although I love Alias on Sunday nights.... I don't care where it goes. Because wherever it goes, I will follow. No matter what show it will end up against, Alias is my first choice..... ;)

The TV Parental Guideline people have certain guidelines for what shows can contain, depending on when they air. For instance, shows that air at 8:00 I don't think can have a TV Parental Guideline of more than TV-PG D,L,S,V on the major networks. At nine, I think that the highest is something like TV-14 with only two of the four letters, with not excessive sexual content. At ten, there are no limits. Therefore, Alias might try to reach new areas by making the violence even more brutal, increasing sexual content, making sharper yet inappropriate dialogue, and using more vulgarities ('F' words, however, cannot be used). I hope they don't dirty up the show if it moves into this time block! My mom (yes, I'm only 14 and my mother shows an interest in what I am exposed to) won't let me watched anything if it has sexual content or suggestive dialogue in it. A good thing about the Wednesday @ 10 time period is that it would run after the Bachelor which is (sadly) ABC's highest rated show (besides Monday Night Football).

Mr Abrams has always wanted the later time period, partly because of the greater latitude for "edgy" content.
;) ✌️