Season 5 A New Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this over at TV Tome website. I didn't know in which thread to post it, so I put it here. I figure somone will move it to tyhe correct place. It is speculation on ABC's new fall schedule...note that Alias is moving to Wednesday night?

Fall Schedule Predictions (Part 1:ABC)
ABC has finally gotten its foot in the ground, and can claim the #3 slot on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and once in awhile Sundays. Still, they have some holes, and this is how I think they'll fill them.

Sunday:

7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00 Desperate Housewives (NEW)
10:00 Untitled "The Practice" spinoff (NEW)

"AFHV" and "Home Edition" have helped resurrect this night along with the decent performance of "The Practice". The spinoff follows James Spaders' character going into a bigger legal setting. "Housewives" stars Felicity Huffman ("SportsNight") as one of a group of women living in a culdesac in middle America.

Mondays:

8:00 PrimeTime Monday
9:00 Monday Night Football

This worked in the 1st half of this season, so don't expect it to change.

Tuesdays:

8:00 Less than Perfect (New Time Slot)
8:30 8 Simple Rules (New Time Slot)
9:00 According to Jim
9:30 That's My Rodney (NEW)
10:00 NYPD Blue

"Perfect" has been a surprise hit, building in on its "Jim" lead-in numerous times. Hopefully, it can give "Rules" a needed boost. "Rodney" is a politically incorrect family comedy starring stand-up comic Rodney Carrington.

Wednesday:

8:00 My Wife and Kids
8:30 Untitled Sofia Vergara Project (NEW)
9:00 The Bachelor/ette
10:00 Alias (New Time Slot)

Hey, Alias needs a boost, let's see if the veteran show can take some young viewers from Law & Order. The "Vergara Project" stars the actress as a single mom who, in order to stay in the country, pays an American businessman to marry her.

Thursday:

8:00 Empire (NEW)
9:00 Extreme Makeover
10:00 PrimeTime Thursday

"Makeover" is ABC's breakout hit, and will stay here to keep it floating. "Empire" is a limited show chronicaling the power struggle in Rome in 44 B.C. after Julius Caesar is murdered.

Friday:

8:00 The George Lopez Show
8:30 Earthquake (NEW)
9:00 Hope & Faith
9:30 Life with Bonnie
10:00 20/20

"TGIF" was a decent success this season, but the 8:30 slot needs a push. "Earthquake" stars the stand up comic as a father of four struggling to make ends meet

Saturday:

8:00 Disney Movies
10:00 Monk repeats/AFHV repeats

It looks like Alias will be on Wednesday nights instead of Sunday

This sucks!!! Im too tired at 10!! ugh .... I know I will watch it anyways but still...oh well I guess I will have to get used to it. lol

I don't mind Alias going to a new night. And it's fine to put it on Wednesday nights now that I don't have Angel to look forward to, but to put it at 10? That's putting it one foot in the grave if you ask me. A lot of the demographic from what I understand is 16-30. And you are not going to get a lot of that crowd staying up until 11 to watch it. Thank goodness for TiVo!!

Makes me glad that I live in the central time zone, and it'll be on at 9. :lol: But still... it's been on 3 years at the 9 pm Sunday slot and doing quite well. Why change it now?

Silly ABC monkeys...

I know, i hate that too. 10 o clock?? thats crazy. Especially if you have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get ready for school. Hmmm.... that leaves me about 6-6 1/2 hours for sleep. But that schedule is just a prediction, so hopefully they are wrong

I cna prettu much bet that many people won't tune in to watch Alias on Wednesday night, especially if it's on at 10. Many people have to get to work and school, I don't think I really would enjoy watching Alias at that time, but I still will.

Why is everybody panicing about moving to Weds??? This hasn't even been confirmed...and it may not even be true....ABC doesn't even announce their fall schedule til Tues...5/18.

If you check out "thefutoncritic.com"....they list a probable fall schedule and Alias is listed as being on Sundays....I don't see them switching nights...

THIS REALLY SUCKS!
Alias on Sunday's gives me something to look forward to even though the weekend is over. 10pm is too late!

Ugh. I will watch it, but 10 is pretty late for us working folk! I think a lot of people will be recording or using Tivo!

Agent_Britt0710 said:
Aww that sucks , oh well it wil be nine for me since im in chigcago
A fellow Chicagoian, cool. Atleast it will be on at 9 over here, i agree though, it's kind of bad that it'll be on at 10 otherplaces. But then again that's how the practice was on Sunday nights and people still watched although it was late and it was monday the next day.

yea it doesnt bother me that it moved to Wednesday... its the 10 o'clock time that I hate... but I would rather it be on Sunday, like certim said... its the only thing I look forward to once the weekend is over.. since the next day you have to go to school.

This has nothing to do with Alias, but I noticed that "I'm with her" wasn't on the list. Did they cancel it? I would be sad. I thought that show was kinda cool. But don't know if I like the whole Alias moving to a different day and different time slot. :confused:

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

Hate to say it but told you so. I posted this liek overa month ago and everyone said no way...............but my source is more than reliable works in TV land so yes most likely it will move or they will not have enough $ from ads to support it .

i hope that new show bombs so alias goes back to sundays. i'll be working and at college so it'll be hard to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back