A Second Chance

sorry it took me so long to update :thinking:

first i want to thank Sabella for betaing this chapter, you really helped me :hug:

Chapter 6

Friday came around sooner than Sydney had expected. She now stood in her room, almost panicking. She had only two hours left till Will would arrive and she had absolutely no idea what to wear. Sydney didn’t know if she wanted to impress him or someone else, because she knew that Michael and his friends would also be at the cinema. She had to admit that secretly she hoped to see Michael there. She felt a little guilty hoping that she would see Michael while she was going out with Will. But she also knew that this was her chance to get over him, so she hoped that her date would go well. Maybe after today her and Will could be more than just friends.
But she still had a really important problem to solve, what was she going to wear? Sydney decided to call her best friend for help.
“Hello.” a voice answered.
“Hayley? Good you are there, I have a huge problem.” Sydney said.
“Ok, what is your problem?” Hayley asked her.
“I have absolutely no idea what to wear today” Sydney informed her.
“Do you have a date? With whom? Michael?” Hayley sounded excited.
“No, with someone else” She paused, “His name is Will”
“So you are over Michael?” Hayley asked intrigued.
“I’m trying” Sydney answered honestly.
“Ok, what clothes do you have so far?” Hayley quickly changed the subject.
“Honestly? Nothing at all” Sydney said unenthusiastically.
“Where are you going to?” Hayley asked her.
“Just to the cinema” Sydney replied.
“Well, what about a dark pair of jeans and your red sleeveless shirt? Do you still have it?” Hayley suggested.
“Yes, I guess this could work! Thanks!” Sydney told Hayley gratefully.
“So, calmed down a little bit?” Hayley wondered.
“Yes, thanks to you! I think I overreacted a little” Sydney admitted.
“But only a little!” Sydney could hear Hayley laugh.
“Did your parents agree that you visit me in two weeks?” Sydney seemed excited.
“Yes they did!” Hayley answered happily.
“Great, Oh god! I have to hurry to be ready in time. Talk to you the next days. Bye.” Sydney told her
“Ok, bye but you better call and tell me how it went.” Hayley demanded.
“Promise.” Sydney hung up, took her clothes and went into the bathroom to shower.

An hour and a half later Sydney was ready and she didn’t have to wait long for Will to arrive. Five minutes later it he knocked and Sydney opened the door.
“Hey, you look great.” Will said shyly.
“Thanks.” Sydney said blushing slightly.
“Ready to go?” Will asked smiling.
“Yeah, let’s go.” Sydney answered.

Another half an hour later they sat in the cinema. The film hadn’t begun yet and so they were talking. Although Sydney wanted to pay attention she couldn’t help drifting away a few times to what had happened before.

A few rows behind them Michael was sitting next to Lauren, thinking of exactly the same thing while pretending to listen what she was talking.

* 10 minutes earlier *

Michael was going in with Lauren and his friends when he saw her. Sydney was standing in the entry hall probably waiting for Will, he guessed. He noticed how great she looked although she was just wearing jeans and a shirt. He was about to go to her to greet her. But Sydney had noticed them already and was walking in their direction.
“Hey” She greeted them.
“Hey” He said, at that moment Will came back with the tickets.
“I got them, ready to go?” he asked.
“Yeah, see you at school.” Sydney said and walked away with Will.

Michael stared at them while they were walking away. He tried to fight back the jealousy but he couldn’t ignore it completely. Then he joined his friends and went into the room. After they had arrived and had sat down, he noticed that Sydney and Will were sitting in front of them. ‘Great now I have to watch them the whole movie’ he thought. Then he put his thoughts away.

* end *

Michael stopped thinking. He should forget about her or otherwise it would ruin his relationship with Lauren. So he leaned closer to her and took her hand.

At the same time Sydney also decided to concentrate on what was happening right now. At first she had been a little tensed sitting next to Will, mostly because she knew that Michael was sitting behind them. But now she felt more and more relaxed and forgot about him. She and Will talked quietly and laughed. Sydney really enjoyed sitting next to him and so it didn’t bother her as he took her hand and hold it during the whole film.

“Do you want to go to the park?” Will asked Sydney.
After the cinema Sydney and Will had decided to just walk around for a while.
“Sure.” They were still holding hands and Sydney was having so much fun. Now they were on their way to the park. They talked about many things, their lives, friends, school. Will told her funny stories about his friends and him and also about his family. Sydney found it interesting to listen to him and had to laugh quiet often. She also told him a little about her life but avoided getting to personal.
“Do you know what time it is?” Sydney suddenly asked, they were sitting on a bench eating hot dogs they had bought at a stand before.
“10 P.M. Why?” he answered.
“I have to be at home 10.30. So I think we should probably go” she said.

They walked to Sydney’s house and arrived twenty minutes later. Sydney went to the door and then turned around.
“I had a really great time tonight, thanks.” Sydney smiled at him.
“You are welcome.” he said. Then he took her hands and went some steps closer to her. Sydney looked at him realizing what he was about to do. He slowly leaned over to kiss her but Sydney slightly pulled away.
“I’m sorry. I thought... “Will began, then he looked down and turned around.
‘God! What am I doing? He is nice and I like him. I’m sick of being alone, that’s why I went out with him in the first place. I should forget about my plan to keep distance. It hurts this way or another so why not be happy as long as it lasts’ Sydney thought. So she took Will’s hand and held him back.
Will turned and was about to go he was held back by Sydney so he turned around and found himself standing face to face in front of Sydney. He noticed something had changed, she had a different look on her face. She was coming closer to him, if it was even possible. Then she placed a soft kiss on his lips.
“Good night.” she said, then she went inside, leaving a surprised Will behind.

hope you liked it, please tell me what you think

i need a beta for the next chapter, if you are interested please pm me

pm-list

cute_as_candy
Mountaineer4746
syd26
Sabella
ashqua
luckylass
vaughnsgurl4lf
gonnabfamous07
LaurenRachael
fire*N*ice
broe4ever929
deranged_girl
rileylovesalias
Monstica
vaughnshoney
KAliasGirl
fieldstation
tamminann
texasalias2004
alizas
Sydney_Starbuck
vaughnroxmysox

Can I get a pm? Am I first wow I think i am and I dont even get a pm for this fic? wow this is a first anyways I loved it, although make will go aay and Lauren make them get together.

That was cute.
I loved how she as with Will, but then couldn't stop thinking of Vaughn...same thing with Vaughn. Kind of reminds me of season one in a way...they want each other...but they can't have each other...*sigh*
Glad you updated because I really liked it. Keep up the wonderful writing and I can't wait for another update.
Thanks for the PM.

Riley xoxo

That was funny that they were both thinking about each other. I think that you should hook up Will with LAuren so that Michael and Sydney can be together.

texasalias

this is going to be the coolest fic ever
vaughn is going to be so jealous and its going to be so great
i loved this chapter thanks for the pm

Tammin

Good stuff! ALthough now there is yet another barrier between Syd and Vaughan. ah... I hate angst... bring on the fluff. We all know that there is where it is headed, but I guess that this way it'll be oh so sweeter when it happens! Great chapter!

This was so great! I love that they were thinkin of each other lol! So cute! Neway, u had better update soon k lol! That was really really good! Thanx 4 the pm

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I've written the next chapters but I really need a beta to be able to update.

If you want to please pm me.

Thanks</span>

ok here is the next chapter

it's completely unbetaed so please excuse any mistakes

it would be great if someone can beta the next one

Chapter 7

The next two weeks Sydney went out with Will a few more times. After Sydney had decided not to keep distance anymore, she and Will got much closer and Sydney was much more happier than she had been before.

Now it was Thursday and Sydney was lying on her bed. She had already done her homework and was now thinking about how she could keep herself busy. She could still go to Will but somehow she didn’t really wanted to. ‘Maybe I should clean up a little bit more, Hayley is coming tomorrow’ she thought. She was really excited to see her tomorrow and was already counting the hours until then.

Sydney began to pick up some clothes and took them to the bathroom. She was just about to use the vacuum cleaner, which meant she had to be very bored because she hated to vacuum, the telephone rang. Sydney put the cleaner away and went downstairs in the living room.

“Sydney Bristow.” she answered the phone.

“Hey Syd, it’s me. Hayley.”

“Hey, when will you arrive tomorrow?”

“That’s why I called. I’m really sorry I can’t come. I totally forgot that I have to go to a family party, but I will come next week. Promised.” Hayley said and Sydney heard that she wasn’t happy either.

“It’s ok. But you better come next week.”

“I will. So you and Will. Are you really together now?”

“Yeah, we are.”

“Are you happy?”

“I am. This happy I hadn’t been in month. I guess since the last time I saw you.”

“That’s great. And what about Michael?”

“Nothing’s about him.”

“I have to go. My dad wants the phone. I’ll call you to tell you when I’ll come next weekend.”

“Ok, bye.” Sydney hang up, walked to the couch and switched on the TV. Now there was no need to keep on cleaning.

The next day during the lunch break they were all sitting outside the school building.
“Michael and I want to go to the ice rink this afternoon. Anybody want to join us?” Eric asked.

“Francie and I can’t. We have cheerleader training.” Lauren said.

“I thought you have training only on Thursday and Wednesday.” Michael wondered.

“We have extra practice because there is this football game on Saturday.” Lauren explained.

“What about you Sydney?” Eric asked her.

“Uh, I don’t know.” she answered.

“Oh come on.” Eric said.

“Will you come too?” Sydney asked Will.

“I have to work but I can pick you up afterwards if you want to.” Will said.

“So will you come?” Eric asked her again.

“Ok, but I’m so not good. The last time I was ice-skating was at my sixth birthday.” she said.

“I can teach you if you want.” Michael offered.

“Sure, but you better not laugh.” Sydney replied.

Sydney stood in front of the ice rink, looking skeptical at the ice. She was trying to keep her balance on her skates. She wasn’t so sure this was a good idea. Michael and Eric had already skated a few rounds and now Michael was standing next to her, waiting for her to get on the ice.

“Come on Sydney, it’s not that difficult and I’ll hold you. You won’t fall.” Michael tried to encourage her.

“Sure.” Sydney said sarcastically, ”or you’ll also fall and I’ll break a few bones.”

“That won’t happen.” Michael said.

“Ok, I’ll try BUT remember: don’t laugh.” Sydney carefully took one step towards the rink and placed one foot on the ice. Then she grabbed the barrier of the rink and put the other one on the ice, but she didn’t take her hands off of the barrier.

“Now let go off the barrier.” Michael said.

“No.” Sydney answered, she wouldn’t move one inch.

“Here, take my hands.” Michael offered.

Sydney just looked at him but then took his hands. She slowly made a first unsure step. Then another. So they slowly moved on the ice. After some minutes Sydney got better and they could skate a little faster. During this whole time Michael was holding her hand and she couldn’t say she didn’t like it.
Suddenly Sydney stumbled and almost fell but Michael grabbed her upper arm and saved her from falling.

“See. I told you I won’t let you fall.” he said after he had helped Sydney. Now she was standing very close to him and looked into his deep green eyes, searching for words but was too lost in them.

“Th..Thanks.” she stuttered.

“Hey how is it going?” Eric joined them.

“It could be worse.” Michael said teasing Sydney.

“Hey.” Sydney playfully punched him.

The next two hours they were skating and Sydney got better and better. She had much fun and liked ice-skating more than she had thought she would. Then she saw Will standing at the rink. So they went to him.

“Hey.” Sydney left the ice and walked to him to give him a short kiss.

“Ready to go or do you want to skate some more?” he asked.

“We can go.” she said then she turned to Michael and Eric, “I’ll see you on Monday.”

Together with Will she left and Michael and Eric spend another hour there.

hope you liked it, please review

@gregstar: you didn't say you wanted a pm but i added you, if you want to be of the list tell me

pm-list

cute_as_candy
Mountaineer4746
syd26
Sabella
ashqua
luckylass
vaughnsgurl4lf
gonnabfamous07
LaurenRachael
fire*N*ice
broe4ever929
deranged_girl
rileylovesalias
Monstica
vaughnshoney
KAliasGirl
fieldstation
tamminann
texasalias2004
alizas
Sydney_Starbuck
vaughnroxmysox
ohiochic2010
gregstar
maddy28
Jen-Jen

That was so good, amn y is she so happy with Will? lol that sux bout her friend, she had better b there soon and help syd sort out this Michale Will thing! GREAT UPDATE!!! Plz update sonn again!

Thanks alot for putting me on the list. It was in fact on the agenda for this review, so now that is taken care of....

Great chapter. I like the way that Syd and Michael are still hanging out. Although I must confess I can't remember why they are not together. coz of Lauren right? Oh well, hockey will bring them together it always does.

Thanks for the pm and for the update. Great story. Going to go and read the whole thing again to refresh my memory. What a Shame I'm gonna read it again..... damn! Oh well... he he... the extent that I'll go to for these fics!

Back