Alias Renewed for Fourth Season!

verdantheart said:
I recommend calming down before emailing and not swearing at them. You'll get a better response.
;)
Ditto to that first off ;) ......just read this here....wow :eek: ...can't believe it :blink: ....But I guess if it helps JG at all I'm game.....or to make it so Lena's schedule works out...even more game......at least we'll have S1-3 on DVD to hold us over till 2005 then right?? :thinking:
But I still haven't seen the finale.....this ALL might change after seein' the finale!! :D
We'll have to see! ^_^
Colly E. 🦋

MaryJane said:
Syd&Vaughn4ever said:
Well, I just wanted to add that after I read about this whole thing (and BEFORE I read the "this might be good for the show" arguments), I wrote to ABC and they actually responded, just a few hours later!  Here is what they wrote:

Thanks for your note about the ABC TV Network Fall Schedule for 2004 and the show, “Alias.”

The show will be returning in January 2005 at its regular Sunday timeslot with absolutely no repeats through the end of the year.

We appreciate your interest in ABC TV network programming!

Now don't they sound smart?  I already knew all that!  Ugghh.  ABC- plffft!! 
:makefun:

Anyway...  :sigh:

Anyone know where I can get ALIAS DVD's and how much they are?

Bye!
I'm surprised they responded, what email address did you use. I'd like to email them.
It sounds like an auto response! -_-

verdantheart said:
But if you guys get what you want and the schedule's moved back, I'm going to jump right down the throat of the very first person I see griping about the first 3-week wait between episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to say, well, that's what you said you wanted, g-d it! So shut it! Sorry, but that's how I feel. You gripe all year about a problem, they come up with a solution, and you beat them up about it. Sheesh.
-_-
I will be second in line to do that to any one who cries ... too long ... a wait ... :angry:

This is so stupid i mean its bad enough that there waiting to start the season in 2005 but to only have 22 eps. that makes me mad i mean every season before had 22 whats up with that. :angry:

vaughnlover22 said:
This is so stupid i mean its bad enough that there waiting to start the season in 2005 but to only have 22 eps. that makes me mad i mean every season before had 22 whats up with that. :angry:
Not sure what you are talking about. They are only having 20 eps next season....they need to be able to fit all the episodes in between January & May.

2 less episodes is not a big deal.

I don't know if it's been addressed in this thread or not (having not checked all 12 pages of thread), but will Alias still be on 8PM CST (9PM EST)? I heard some scuttlebutt that the ABC kahunas were considering moving it to Wednesdays at 9PM CST.

Anybody know?

Cudgel

ALIAS_RULES said:
From www.zap2it.com

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - While ABC won't officially announce its fall schedule until May, "Alias" star Jennifer Garner says that she and the spy series will be part of the line-up.

"We are coming back for next year, which we are thrilled about," Garner tells Zap2it.com. "I don't know if it's been announced, but I'll be back. We hired new writers, we hired new cast members, so it's happening."

"Alias" has been a critical favorite since its premiere and has a devoted fan following. However, its ratings have never been more than mediocre, earning it the dubious honor of being a "cachet show" -- one that might not perform well overall, but a good project for a network to be associated with as well as the lone program viewers who don't normally visit the alpahbet network will make a point of watching.

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->One of the new cast members is Mia Maestro ("Frida") who will play the sister of Garner's character in the last three episodes of this season and will more than likely be a regular come fall. <!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> The additions to the writing staff will also help "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams manage his time, since he currently has two pilots in the works for the network: "Lost" revolves around a group of plane crash survivors building new lives and stars Dominic Monaghan ("The Lord of the Rings"), Matthew Fox ("Party of Five"), Ian Somerhalder ("Smallville") and Daniel Dae Kim ("24," "Angel"); "The Catch" (for midseason) follows the adventures of a bounty hunter played by "Alias" supporting cast member Greg Grunberg.

Garner, who is currently promoting her upcoming romantic comedy "13 Going on 30" and training for "Elektra" based on her character from last year's "Daredevil" film, admits that the last three seasons on the show have been grueling, but changes have been made to accomodate the need for her to deliver a convincing performance as CIA agent Sydney Bristow and keep up with the physical demands.

"I was so tired I was falling asleep between set-ups, so I was crying 'Uncle,' and I've never asked for anything before," Garner explains, saying that she rarely has a day off during the TV season and often has to be back on the set in less than 12 hours. "They redoubled efforts to be protective of me after that."

Not that she's complaining, nor will the show lose any of its trademark action sequences. "Next week I'm rappelling out of a helicopter 200 feet off the ground, and I know that two weeks ago I was barreling across the desert on horseback," she smiles. "I love 'Alias,' we're all so much like a family. I'm with the show until the end."
OMG thats sooooooo cool. cept it'll probably come by really late in the UK.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: TOTAL AND COMPLETE BULLS***! ANYONE HAVE A PETITION?

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

let's 86 ABC! :Ph34r: break in and change the schedules lol!

but seriously, i guess that the DVD's will hold me over. i can't wait for those!

ok, so maybe this isn't soo bad after all!

kay said:
The Scoop:
Although ABC claims the rough production schedule is why Alias was pushed back to midseason, let's be honest -- the critically acclaimed drama has never been a hit and never will be.
um...uh huh...huh huh... :lol: :rotflmao: this is a joke right? I mean, I open the net for the first time in a while and see this thread link at the top about not coming til 2005.....and freak out might I add. and now this. Who wrote this? What jackass dared write that? He's gotta know that there are over 11,000 alias freaks on this board alone much less everywhere else.....alias freaks that get very defensive.... :hmm: I'm so finding out where this idiot lives..... :angry:

at least season 3 dvd's come out in sept.

Oh man, I am now adding emailing these ABC buttholes to my list of things to do this weekend. I am still in shock about this - I finally get the internet and am all excited about being back at AA - and this is what I'm met with?! No Alias til 2005?! Noooo!!

hotpot said:
Oh man, I am now adding emailing these ABC buttholes to my list of things to do this weekend. I am still in shock about this - I finally get the internet and am all excited about being back at AA - and this is what I'm met with?! No Alias til 2005?! Noooo!!
Yeah, I know how you feel! Maybe ABC's playing a joke on us?

ok, so i finally calmed down. your right VH and everyone else, there is no sense in sending letters or anything, it won't change the fact that we have to wait for season 5.
but then i come back here and find out that we are possibly only getting 20 eps instead of 22???? come on! if we have to wait, we should at least get 22!!! rrrgh. :banghead:

but i think it's good that they have more time to rethink the plot over since season 3 majorly sucks compared to the other 2 seasons and plus consecutive new episodes...

ive calmed down a ton...and that the general concensus has been that everyone flips out at first but then realizes that although the wait is annoying, 20 eps of alias in a row will be pretty cool.

I found out that Alias was returning in January 2005 by reading Robert Bianco's great review of the Alias Season3 finale in today's edition of USA TODAY. I immediately rushed to our website to see if this was true. Leave it to AllAlias.com to be on top of the latest breaking news about our favorite show! I just can't believe it and I share in the disappointment and frustration that many of us have expressed about this unfair situation. No wonder ABC is in the ratings cellar---they always pull dumb stunts such as this! :angry:

Back