Reality TV American Idol 3

Today, in my biology class, this guy was talking about the 'She Bangs' guy from AI and we found out my teacher knows him...weirdness. Later, I found out a friend of mine knows the guy too!

I love William Hung (the She Bangs guy!)! That's cool that they know him! Oh, and William is returning in the AI special, looking back at the 'special' auditions. William will be singing live!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!

Kelly

I've heard that William Hung has been offered a recording contract worth USD$26000! Not bad for someone who didn't even make it past the first round!!!

Kelly

In Aus, we just saw the bad auditioners episode, with William Hung's performance!!! He is so adorable, loved his She Bangs! And his 'romantic' song hehehe, just gotta love him!

Kelly

`Idol` reject Hung gets record deal
Associated Press

-----------------------------

NEW YORK (AP) -- Who needs "American Idol"? William Hung doesn`t -- he already has a recording contract.

The singer, who became a fan favorite -- but not a judges` favorite -- during open auditions for the Fox series with his spirited version of Ricky Martin`s "She Bangs," has signed a deal with Fuse Music Network and Koch Records.

His debut album, tentatively titled "The True Idol," is scheduled for release April 6, it was announced Monday. It will contain "She Bangs," along with another Martin hit, "Shake Your Bon Bon," and a cover of Elton John`s "Rocket Man," which Hung sang recently on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."

And for those of you hankering for more Hung, the disc will include a 40-minute DVD with behind-the-scenes footage from his studio recording sessions and fan questions and answers.

"He may not be the next American Idol, but he is definitely a star and inspiration to everyone who sings in the shower," said Marc Juris, president of Fuse, which will exclusively air his "She Bangs" video.

Koch Records general manager Alan Grunblatt was even more effusive: "He is the new Elvis!"

Hung, a 21-year-old Hong Kong native and civil engineering student at the University of California, Berkeley, has inspired fan clubs and Web sites that sing his praises.

Meanwhile, back at "American Idol," eight of the 12 finalists have been chosen. The remaining four will be announced this week when "wild card" singers -- those who didn`t get enough votes the first time -- come back for a second chance.

Honestly, I think everyone feels sorry for William... lady's man he is not. So through some sick twisted American infatuation we have with being nice to circus freaks, while secretly cringing, William Hung becomes an idol... because deep down we feel sorry for him, and for a change the nice guy does finish first.

yah, i agree with you joyie... oh well. onto another topic... im glad that george and jon got into the wildcard show tonight. jon's crazy dancing may have done just the thing... that or maybe like all my other friends, america thinks he's cute. lol...but he's so short!:P. overall, i think the top 12 is alright... some not as good as last year's top 12 and some that are just as good. but no one will ever be as good as clay... lol :D . can't wait to see what happens in the following weeks.

Oi! There's nothing wrong with being short! I'm only 5'1"!!!

I'm glad Jon got in, but I really wanted Lisa to get in - and she didn't even get a chance to sing which I thought was absoloutly appaling. She had the best voice out of the wildcards, and she didn't get to compete in it.

Kelly

The Wildcard is on tonight in Australia...I don't know if I can bear to watch!!!! I already know who gets picked (obviously from my previous post!!), and I don't exactly agree with the four.

Oh well, let's see how the theme performances go!!!

Kelly

Wow. The final 12 were mostly good. Latoya and Fantaisia rock! :band: I'm a fan of John Stevens, but I have to say he didn;t do all that well. :(

I can't wait to see the performances on the weekend (Australia airs the shows on Sunday and Monday)! I've already heard most of the performances thanks to idolforums.com and, unfortunetly, I know who was eliminated, cuz someone put it in a thread title! Grrrrrrr!!!

For those ppl who don't know and want to know, the person eliminated is <!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Leah!<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Kelly

woo hoo, i feel sorry for leah, but i have to say that i didn't really like that person much, sorry. i'd have to say that jpl and jasmine trias are my favs. but i also think that a lot of them are really good. i cant believe that they have a top 12 this season that has more than half of them, really strong singers. cant wait to see what happens next week. i hope jpl keeps on dancin'! :lol:

ok...i am NOT a fan of amy adams in any way, shape or form. honestly, i very much dislike the girl.

but how in the WORLD was john stevens not voted into at least the bottom 3? am i the only one that thought he did absolutely horribly tuesday night. he couldn't have hit a note with a 50 foot wide stick (love that analogy, dontcha ;) )

ugh!

i have to start voting in this competition...i don't think i have a right to complain unless i actually vote. hehehe

Back