Anti-Lost

Leslie said:
You got it! :smiley:
Hm. Well I for one do not like JJ. Period. I think it is sad that he is Alias' creator, because perhaps with someone else at the helm, things like S3 would never have happened. Don't get me wrong -- I respect that he came up with the entire premise for and world of Alias for S1, and the intriguing and awesome things he did then. But mid-S2, Alias just went downhill fast, IMO. And then friggen "Lost" came out. :hmm: Coincidence? I think not. :P

Anyway, I respect people for liking JJ but to me he is just another "brilliant mind in Hollywood" (not my term) who's not only overrated, but has come *this* close to abandoning his best project in the interest of making more money (or whatever it is he's trying to do with "Lost" -- coz to me it sure ain't to entertain people with quality TV).

I am sure a billion people (incl. Verdy :D) are going to scream bloody murder at me for this, but I just don't like him. I love Alias. I hate what he's done with it. *le sigh*
[post="1116602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That comment isn't even worth a response.

hey Im also from Israel and when the show will come here, i will first start see it and then i will decide if i like it or not but-
I am sure a billion people (incl. Verdy biggrin.gif) are going to scream bloody murder at me for this, but I just don't like him. I love Alias. I hate what he's done with it. *le sigh*
totall agree! the show was good till they killes francie, from there it was down hill! but still is my favorite show, cuz there is nothing better!

Leslie said:
I am sure a billion people (incl. Verdy :D) are going to scream bloody murder at me for this, but I just don't like him. I love Alias. I hate what he's done with it. *le sigh*
[post="1116602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Not hardly, although I don't entirely agree, unless what you mean by "what he's done with it" is "leave it to a bunch of inferior writers." The problem is not that he made a pig's breakfast of things, but that he entrusted the project to his team and they made a pig's breakfast of things. He was asked to shepherd Lost at the exact same time they had to replace some very important members of their team. Some producers screw up by not being able to delegate--at all (um, Sorkin), others by entrusting too much to others . . . but part of this is ABC's fault because they fast-tracked Lost. But I'm sure they consider this the correct decision (Lost's ratings dwarf those of Alias)--I'm not entirely happy with the results (Lost yes, Alias not so much), but it's water under the bridge and as far as I'm concerned, things are looking optimistic for Alias (more involvement from Abrams, new writers, including ones that I trust from Angel). I don't consider this opinion "screaming bloody murder" and I hope you don't. But you are more than welcome to continue to hate JJ Abrams should you care to do so. I personally have no desire to tar and feather him. ;)

(Sorry to stick my nose in here again, but I saw myself mentioned by name . . . ^_^)

(Oh, BTW, as much as many of you here despise DH, I'm sure you'll find it refreshing to know that, unlike many in-demand producers, its producer wants to concentrate his full attention on that project for a while . . . ;))
✌️

Where did all my fellow 'haters' go :thinking: I swear.. I just hate this show more and more.. and I'm practically forced to watch a full minute of it each week (which just makes me.. in the words of Sydney.. "want to wretch") so I don't miss any of the opening of ALIAS. Could it be more boring? and ridiculous? :rolleyes:

Don't worry -- still here. omg I am so pissed. My brother has started watching it! He disses Alias and watches Lost -- it's like the worst of both worlds! *headdesk* I am convinced he does it just to piss me off. :hmm:

Hmmm....

I understand not watching a show because you don't enjoy it, but boycotting a show to 'get back' at JJ for making Alias bad is, well...... :o_O:

It's not like it's going to affect JJ - Lost is doing well enough anyway!

I am actually enjoying Lost a lot more than Alias these days. Alias has become one big melodrama, whereas Lost has characters with problems, as well as a direction to go in.

As a scriptwriting major, it REALLY annoys me when people start accusing a show of being 'soapy' just because it has interesting characters and a decent storyline! :angry: :angry:
Going by those guidelines, anything that isn't Law & Order or American Idol is a soap opera!

Haha. OK, it's understood that there are lots of Lost fans here at AA, which is why I made this thread. For the people who don't like the show. So, respectfully, an opinion is an opinion and we are allowed to hate it if we want. Which I do. Vehemently. ^_^ So thanks guys but this thread is for those who disagree with you.

Back