Anti-Lost

Leslie said:
Don't worry -- still here. omg I am so pissed. My brother has started watching it! He disses Alias and watches Lost -- it's like the worst of both worlds! *headdesk* I am convinced he does it just to piss me off. :hmm:
[post="1232213"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:rolleyes: I will never understand some people... How on earth could you prefer that felgercarb to ALIAS?

no i don't mind you disliking it. i just think your reasoning (that it subtracts from the quality of alias, and that jj shouldn't have spent time on another show) seems a bit... i dunno. ^_^ hell, i dislike plenty of shows that most people like. two examples: desperate housewives, the o.c.

mostly, i hate them because they have horrible acting and pitiful excuses of a plot that are not at all engaging.

Actually, you're right on the money. :smiley: In my opinion anyway... I feel that way about Desperate Housewives and The OC, too. AND Lost. ^_^ It's not *just* that Lost is JJ's new "baby," it's also that the show itself is unoriginal and lacking, IMO. And boring. And seemingly going nowhere.

Leslie said:
Actually, you're right on the money. :smiley: In my opinion anyway... I feel that way about Desperate Housewives and The OC, too. AND Lost. ^_^ It's not *just* that Lost is JJ's new "baby," it's also that the show itself is unoriginal and lacking, IMO. And boring. And seemingly going nowhere.
[post="1238956"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I am getting closer and closer to Anti-Lost-ness...ITA. It's been so boring lately. I will continue to watch, but (as if it wasn't solid in my mind already), it will never be better/as good as Alias, and it won't be my favorite show either. I hate how every semi-compelling story is dropped at the end of the ep, seemingly to be cleared up in an over-loaded, contrived season finale...

lol! well, i don't think lost is unoriginal. sure, i can see the plane crash thing as slightly old news, but the rest of the story more than makes up for it. and i love sawyer.

I certainly am not anti-Lost in any way, shape, or form... :lol: .... But in saying that... I do have alot of friends who are losing interest in it pretty quick. They have been increasingly "bored" (as they call it) over the last several weeks...

Ok, I am so not Anti-Lost anymore. The past few eps have been great, and I can't wait for the finale so we get answers! I want to see what's in that hatch sooo bad.

Leslie said:
[post="1238956"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Funny, that's how I viewed Alias when it first came on air. Because it took JJ Abrams away from Felicity. And granted, Felicity (as much as I loved it... and still do love it!) was a sinking ship anyways... but if JJ hadn't jumped, maybe it would have done a little better.

I hated Alias for a year... Thought it was different, but just another show with a bunch of pretty faces. And then I gave it a chance... and well, we all know what happened from there. :lol:

I certainly am not anti-Lost in any way, shape, or form...  .... But in saying that... I do have alot of friends who are losing interest in it pretty quick. They have been increasingly "bored" (as they call it) over the last several weeks...

That's funny, 'cause Lost is the one show that I watch that my roommate is semi-interested in. She will never watch Alias with me (okay, she did once or twice), but unless she has major studying to do, she will sit down and watch Lost. She even knows the plot (which is impressive, 'cause this girl will read a book, put it down and forget everything that happened).

Existentialist said:
I hated Alias for a year... Thought it was different, but just another show with a bunch of pretty faces. And then I gave it a chance... and well, we all know what happened from there.  :lol:
[post="1296232"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Whoa, I hope you don't mind, but this is hilarious to me. :P I think this is why a bunch of people hate Lost.

I really love Lost. I thinks it's very interesting and compelling. But I have a friend, who, at the beginning of the season, LOVED it and we would always talk about it on Thursday morning. And then she started going "I don't like how they don't tell us everything that's goin on...." i said "well, if they told you everything, why come back next week?" So she slowly stopped watching it and now everytime someone says anything about it she goes "I HATE that show!" and I just tell her to shutup cuz she used to love it :rolleyes:

Leslie said:
Er... ok? ^_^
[post="1320999"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol.

Lost has been in a relative slump lately...or maybe I just haven't cared. Seriously, everyone's like "Oh my god I'm so sad Boone died" and I'm just like "WTF?"

The only part about his death that was sad to me was the scene that show's Shannon weeping over him. That's it. That whole "Doc, I'm letting you off the hook" thing? Nothing. Nada.

Anyway, I can't wait until the season finale because I think it'll be good. But I will still despise it for making Alias leave its timeslot...

Well, I meant it's being pushed back an hour for that big-ass Lost finale. Seriously, who the hell needs three-fricking-hours finale?

I was very much anti-Lost before it started and during the first few months. I thought that the story line sounded dumb, and felt that it was taking too much away from Alias (also felt the same way about Desperate Housewives...which I now love).

Recently I've watched Lost (mainly because it's on before Alias), and I can see the appeal. I'm not a fan by any means, and just watch when it's conveinent for me or when nothing better is on. But I see why people like it...it is interesting. It keeps people guessing, and obviously the viewers like that.

Plus, it looks like that having Lost on before Alias has helped Alias' ratings...so Lost can't be all that bad in my book ;)

Back