By Chance

Title: By Chance (subject to change)
Rating: no more than PG-13
Disclamer: I do not own any of the characters from Alias. JJ Abrams and company own them! I only own original characters!
Summary:Will fate keep Sydney and Vaughn together or tear them a p a r t?

<<<Also posted here>>>

Fan Fic Poster:
bychanceposter.jpg

AN: Ok, this first chapter doesn't really have any S/V action, but trust me, by the end of the chapter, you'll see that it will eventually happen. It's totally AU. Irina was never bad, Danny never died, no doubles or CIA. Just plan old world. Hope you like it! Ask for a PM. And I'd like to thank my beta Sydney! You've helped soooo much! :hug: Hope you like it!

Chapter One: Someone Special’s Fate

Sydney Bristow was walking down the street. She had just gotten off work from her shift at “Mimi’s Café.” She had walked in there one day for lunch with her best friend Francie, and they both ended up walking out with part-time jobs. Today, she had gotten off just as Francie was starting her shift. She got into her Ford Mustang her father and mother had bought her last year, and picked up her Nokia cell phone. Sydney dialed her boyfriend, Danny’s, number. As she backed out of her parking spot, Danny answered.

“Hey there sweetie,” she said.

“Hello Sydney,” Danny replied happily.

“When does your shift end? I thought we could go out to dinner tonight. There’s that new place, Castaldi’s,” Sydney continued.

“Umm, that sounds awesome. I should get off soon. In about an hour,” he said with his thick British accent.

“Good. I’ll see you at home,” Sydney ended the call and smiled.
She met Danny at Mimi’s Café one day, and they had been dating ever since. Danny moved in last month. She was very happy with him. He was a doctor and always made her feel special. He was the perfect guy. He left messages on her cell phone all the time. Today, he left a wonderful message.
“Sydney, just calling because I miss you. Work is boring today. But it’s better now that I got to her your voice on the answering message. I can’t wait to see you later. You’re special my dear. Hope you get this in time. There’s something waiting for you.” He had sent flowers to the café. He was so sweet, and she loved him for that.

Later that night at 6 PM

Danny walked through the apartment door. He didn’t seem like himself. Sydney was sitting on the couch reading Francie’s book. She looked over, and noticed his unhappiness. “What’s wrong?”

“A trauma patient of mine died. He had cancer. I thought he was going to pull through. I had to tell his family. It was depressing,” he said sadly.

“Aw, honey, I’m so sorry,” she walked over to him. “Do you still want to go out tonight?”

“Of course dear, don’t let me spoil your fun,” he answered trying to be giddier.

“Thank you Danny. Let me go get ready,” she said walking into their room.

Sydney was looking in her closet, and couldn’t decide what to wear. She wished that Francie was there. After ten minutes of staring at clothes that she saw everyday, she decided on a black flowery skirt, and a pink V-neck sleeveless top. She put her hair up, with a couple strands hanging down. She walked out and Danny was wearing khaki pants and a black skirt.

“You look beautiful Syd,” Danny complemented.

“Thank you handsome,” she replied in her sexy voice.

“Shall we?” he asked.

“Why yes we should,” she said, and they walked out the door, arm-in-arm.

At the restaurant

The hostess seated them at a corner table away from everyone else. She handed them menus and then promised them that the waiter would be there momentarily.

“Syd, it looks like you picked a good restaurant,” Danny said scanning the menu.

“Fran said she and Will came here a bit ago and loved it,” she replied gazing at her menu.

A young waiter came by. “What could I get for the lovely couple,” he said smiling.

“I’ll have a white wine,” Sydney said smiling back. She knew how hard you had to work for tips.

“I’ll have the same,” Danny answered smiling at Sydney.

“That’s a wonderful choice,” the young waiter wrote down their order and then walked away slowly. His smile was gone.

“Sydney, you know that I love you right?” Danny asked in shaky voice.

“Yes. I love you too,” her eyes was soft and she was getting scared.

“No matter what, I want you to remember that ok?” he said in the same tone.

“Ok,” Sydney replied. She was getting very scared. “What’s wrong Danny?”

“Syd, I was feeling sick, and went to a doctor friend of mine, and he examined me. He said, I have cancer,” Danny told her slowly and softly.

Food was now that last thing on her mind.

AN2: Evil cliff I know, but if you guys really like it, and post, I'll write the next chapter and update soon! The more reviews, the faster the updates! And possibly spoilers! And if you're going to lurk, please at least say, "I like the chapter" That kind of review even makes me feel better than none! Thanks!

Link to Chapter Two

Awww...that's so sad. My baby cousin had cancer, but he's in remission. I hope Danny will be alright. Thanx for the PM.

~Kristina

spy41 said:
Awww...that's so sad.  My baby cousin had cancer, but he's in remission.  I hope Danny will be alright.  Thanx for the PM.

~Kristina
[post="1132298"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Would you like to keep getting a PM?

PM List:
Spy41
Cai
Sydney Bristow 2300844
Vaughnlover15
LaurenRachael
Bubbles
Aliasfan13
ktstar

Thanks! The more the reviews, the more I have confidence. The more I have confidence, the more i write! ;)

Yahoo! First on the PM list. lol. I'm going to try really really really hard to keep up with this fic. I have problems keeping up to date with alot of fics and responding regularly. But i will try.

~Kristina

:shock:

*jumps up and down* I want a pm! I want a pm! I want a pm! Please? Love the start... Is Danny gonna die? I don't want him to die... But I don't want him to live either... I want S/V!!! :lol:

Cai
x

spy41 said:
Yahoo! First on the PM list. lol.  I'm going to try really really really hard to keep up with this fic.  I have problems keeping up to date with alot of fics and responding regularly.  But i will try.
[post="1132306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You don't know how much that means to me! My first fic every, only three people reviewed. -_-

Cai said:
:shock:
*jumps up and down* I want a pm! I want a pm! I want a pm! Please? Love the start... Is Danny gonna die? I don't want him to die... But I don't want him to live either... I want S/V!!! :lol:
[post="1132307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yes, you get a PM Cai. Thanks for reviewing, it's very special to me!

Hey, don't get discouraged if you don't get alot of replies. You just have to find the right story. I have about 10 floopy disks filled with unfinished stories that i've never posted. When i first started writing fanfic i didn't get alot of replies either. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd show you how one of the first stories i wrote just to show you how much it sucked. Just keep writing no matter what, you'll constantly learn new things, and maybe even change writing styles etc. I do. A book was the thing that turned around my writing. Best book i've ever read! It's got it's spot on my shelf all to itself!

~Kristina

ETA: Love the story so far, and i'd give you a quoted review. But i still can't figure out to do double quotes. It won't work for me.

Cai said:
Yay, cool thanks :D And cool pink converses!! :whistle:
[post="1132313"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks.

spy41 said:
Hey, don't get discouraged if you don't get alot of replies.  You just have to find the right story.  I have about 10 floopy disks filled with unfinished stories that i've never posted.  When i first started writing fanfic i didn't get alot of replies either.  DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'd show you how one of the first stories i wrote just to show you how much it sucked.  Just keep writing no matter what, you'll constantly learn new things, and maybe even change writing styles etc.  I do.  A book was the thing that turned around my writing.  Best book i've ever read! It's got it's spot on my shelf all to itself!
[post="1132315"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks. :hug: My first one was also not Alias. I think that was a big factor!

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
lol.

I'd request a PM, but I've already read it so...

If you don't send it to me beforehand, PM me
[post="1132317"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks for reading Syd. I'll add you! Thanks so much for reading. :hug:

:whistle: I'd love quotes too! :whistle:

Danny moved in last month. She was very happy with him. He was a doctor and always made her feel special. He was the perfect guy. He left messages on her cell phone all the time. Today, he left a wonderful message.

Awww.....he does sound sweet. Leaving her messages just cause he misses her!

“A trauma patient of mine died. He had cancer. I thought he was going to pull through. I had to tell his family. It was depressing,” he said sadly.

Awwww.....NO! That's so sad! Especailly since he himself has cancer.

“Of course dear, don’t let me spoil your fun,” he answered trying to be giddier.

That's nice that he's still willing to go out and not ruin her night.

“I’ll have a white wine,”

Taste's like felgercarb! I had some on Christmas and hated it. It wasn't a very good wine i guess. I would have rather licked the ground. lol :lol:

“Syd, I was feeling sick, and went to a doctor friend of mine, and he examined me. He said, I have cancer,” Danny told her slowly and softly.

That had to be really hard to confess to her. I know it's just as hard to hear.

Thanks soooo, much for that awesome review. I promise next chapter of Joes's Bar and Grill, I'll give ya quotes! ;)

ETA: Yeah, my grandma had cancer, but they caught it early...

And Jen, thanks so much. You'll get a PM when I update!

rileylovesalias said:
Thanks soooo, much for that awesome review. I promise next chapter of Joes's Bar and Grill, I'll give ya quotes! ;)
[post="1132341"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol. You don't have too. I'm content with knowing people are reading it and liking it.

Back