Choose your weapon...

Two-handed footman's mace. I just imagine a warrior standing in the middle of the battlefield swinging that thing like a baseball bat. :smiley:

I'm a big fan of the staff as well, but I have a softspot for spears as well since my RL first name means "One who carries a spear". ^_^ Generally speaking, though, I get attached to a specific weapon, not a type of weapon. Like my EverQuest character having a Great Staff of the Four Winds. It often sneaks up on me, which weapon I end up becoming attached to.

In fact, that's something I'm excited about in HJ...that I don't have to keep trading out a favorite weapon for something "better".

Mine generally depends on the character. What style of attacks they utilize, their build, how conspicuous do they want to be?... those kind of things. For Czidvar (also my new and most favoritest DR character) He uses a Sabre, Scimitar (not at the same time... yet), and a Light Crossbow. My Paladin on the other hand uses a bastard sword and a tower shield (but he's a paladin, of course he does) because it fits with my vision of the character. I use many other weapons with both of them and all of my other characters as well (though this is more of a mechanics and training thing,) though concentrate on those certain ones.

Any weapon can be cool when the right character is cutting you in half with it!

:P

Although for a more concrete answer, I have always enjoyed the Spear, very underrated and underused (though most games don't make them a real viable option) weapon.

Czi

Can't you all just have one favorite class like me?!!

"OH! I just went and bought 17 new characters for myself! I was originally gonna make only 1, but I loved them all! Merry F@#king Chirstmas!!!!" :angry:

lol.

Originally posted by Daax@May 14 2006, 02:28 PM
Can't you all just have one favorite class like me?!!
Nope, I'm an alt-a-holic, which means, I'll have a caster, a fighter, a crafter, a ... Nvm, I just want 72 character slots personally ;)

~ Jaraeth

LOL, I'm with you Jaraeth. If they only give us a few character slots, with 72 classes to choose from, then my head just might explode. :eek:

My head will explode if I have to memorize all of my friends characters like I do on all my other games. In GunZ I used to have every friend with 5 characters but me, I had only 1. I spent too much time devoting stuff to that character to worry about other characters. >:P

I tend to rotate weapons from character to character. Last MMO I played I used maces, then here in Oblivion I used axes for the most part. It tends to be whatever doesn't seem cliche to me when I'm creating my character.

I'm kinda leaning to those hand dagger things you see in some of the screens...katars...I think? Just know it's the weapons that Voldo's using in Soul Caliber. :D

I'd love to see spears and whips in game though !

Well maybe we should start a thread to make sure they make spears cool. Or Ill just say that last line and hope they read it right after the last one about spears.

Czi

Hmm will try to find shots of EQ spears. The new models there make some of the best looking weapons I've seen in any game. And they're not freaky cartoony like WoW... that makes them hot all on their own. :D

Wow, I've decided it might be really cool to use a Punching Dagger. Not with Rics, but with my ruthless, rude, murdering bastard of a character (Rics opposite).

Punching Dagger!
11284.jpg

Blasphemy! To us D&D faithful it's a Punching Dagger! Besides, it doesn't matter what it's really caled...I shall name mine Bob and Flump. Or just dual wielding Bobs!

Regardless of weither its in HJ or not, my favorite weapon is, and probably allways will be, the Naginata (oriental broadbladed polearm).

Followed closely by the Bo Staff, then the Katana

Just my 2cp

Xhar

Maybe a transforming weapon? I came up with an idea for an alt to play, and I have a specific weapon in mind for her. Picture this: a naive, cheerful, kind of ditzy 12 year old girl who also happens to be a witch (probably Wizard/Necromancer). She seems harmless enough, but when someone starts trouble, she turns her broom into a gigantic scythe that's practicaly twice her size and carves up her opponent with amazing skill, smiling innocently the whole time.

Back