Choose your weapon...

Originally posted by Daax@May 17 2006, 04:11 AM
well, I heard you can weild anything from swords to beer mugs. Beer Mug FTW!!!!
Wow! That would be absolutely amazing! Even if wielding random items applied just your hand-2-hand damage that'd be great. Just the fact that you can, if you so choose, beat somebody to death with a fish!

I remember playing Medievia a long time ago and beating someone who tried to steal from me to death with a loaf of bread I had in my hand. Nothing more satisfying then reading:

-- You hit a shady hoodlum in the right arm with a loaf of bread for 7 points of damage causing minor bruising!
a shady hoodlum appears bruised
CRITICAL HIT
-- With a vicious swing your loaf of bread connects with a shady hoodlum's head causing 40 points of damage!
a shady hoodlum's head explodes drenching you in blood

Originally posted by Daax@May 16 2006, 11:11 PM
well, I heard you can weild anything from swords to beer mugs. Beer Mug FTW!!!!
Yeah, I remember reading that stats are separate from your weapon graphic. So someone with a beer mug could do as much damage as someone with a huge greataxe.

I read that a while ago so I don't know if they changed it.

Are you serious Rics? That would be so freakin awesome. I would start beating people with my shoes. Just like my grandma....

Claws. Like this :D

ifritparty-newclaws.jpg

I'm such a ruthless fan of my Exocets in FFXI.

Also...

lostcobbi.jpg

Totally implausable, but hilariously cool :lol:

I seen shots of similar hand weapons in HJ so I think your safe ...now you just need to make a really small guy with a button nose :lol:

Originally posted by Ikiru@Jun 13 2006, 10:16 PM
I seen shots of similar hand weapons in HJ so I think your safe ...now you just need to make a really small guy with a button nose :lol:
Haha :lol: I think I can skimp on the button nose deal and just make a really short Suwari with those claw weapons :smiley: Now that's the ticket.

I've got a few sets I'm considering:

A Warhammer and a Shield with the Rockstomper emblem on it

Magical staff and a beer mug.

Twin magically enchanted beer mugs that never run out of ale

A rock

My bare hands

Right now I'm favoring the twin ale mugs idea. Mostly because they're magically enchanted to never run out. But also, imagine a crazy bearded midget running around and screaming using ale mugs to pummel his foes while magically using stone to assault his foes or defend himself. I'm still excited about stone being a type of spells for wizards. Like a true Burian wizard! (No matter how controvesial that statement is)

I really like trebuchets. Hard to carry around, though, so I will probably switch to rapiers. I'd really like to see some of the other weapons listed above: Halberds, spears, some whips. Flails would be neat, too.

Apart from that: Hopefully we don't get too many fishing-pole wielding roleplayers. People hitting each other with tools and furniture in a bar brawl? Fair enough. But an adventuring party getting the better of a dragon with a mug of beer, two bananas, one raspberry and only one pointed stick would be rather silly. Counterproductive to immersion, probably (even though it is consistent with the internal logic of the world (via the wyr system)).

Originally posted by QuantumWire@Jun 15 2006, 12:55 PM
I really like trebuchets. Hard to carry around, though, so I will probably switch to rapiers. I'd really like to see some of the other weapons listed above: Halberds, spears, some whips. Flails would be neat, too.

Apart from that: Hopefully we don't get too many fishing-pole wielding roleplayers. People hitting each other with tools and furniture in a bar brawl? Fair enough. But an adventuring party getting the better of a dragon with a mug of beer, two bananas, one raspberry and only one pointed stick would be rather silly. Counterproductive to immersion, probably (even though it is consistent with the internal logic of the world (via the wyr system)).
I do agree with you even though it would be funny to watch people with slingshots and rasberry's and tank's weilding duel bannana's killing mobs, and when your done you would just have to add ice cream and you'd be set.

But I don't think they have any plans of making this warped fantasy a reality

I would prefer a personalized arcan staff of some sort. And one that the character leans on, not just carries around like in most MMO's, lol.

Back