Politics Christianity

aliasjunkie4ever said:
Ah, makes sense. :smiley: I agree with that. Although, personally, rather than have a balance of both, I would rather the friendship/feelings/etc part of the relationship outweight the physical-not nescessarily by a long stretch, but at least a little bit. You know? 🤷
[post="1036258"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: yes I understand that and i agree. :smiley:
--Mandy :angelic:

We're not as niave as those of you who were older at 15 anymore. Childhood is getting shorter and shorter, there are a lot more felgercarb that we have to deal with even as young adults.
I would have to disagree. Young people these days are staying at home longer, getting married later, studying longer etc. When I was a teenager we all used to say how much more mature we were than previous generations, but now as an adult I can see that wasn't true. Looking at teenagers now, they don't grow up faster, if anything, they have extended childhoods. There is a big difference between thinking you are grown up and actually being physically and mentally mature.

That said, I think that not being able to sit close to your boyfriend at 15 is erring a bit far on the side of caution. Especially as the age of consent in many countries (I don't know about America) is 16. I'm not saying you have to run out and have sex at 16, but as long as you feel comfortable with a physcial relationship (meaning holding hands, kissing etc), 15 really isn't THAT young.

The ultimate sin for me is the destruction of nature, there should be no excuse for it.

I'm sorry but if i have to chose between making stricter laws for endangered wildlife over date rape .... i would do so without hesitation. People take the earth and its resources for granted. It sickens me to see that a dead human corpse or even a criminal in jail has more rights than a living animal, boggles my mind how prehistoric we are.

Goonigoogoo said:
The ultimate sin for me is the destruction of nature, there should be no excuse for it.

I'm sorry but if i have to chose between making stricter laws for endangered wildlife over date rape .... i would do so without hesitation.  People take the earth and its resources for granted.  It sickens me to see that a dead human corpse or even a criminal in jail has more rights than a living animal, boggles my mind how prehistoric we are.
[post="1037720"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OK, I agree that the environment is important, but I don't think it is comparable to date rape. If you knew people who had been a victims, you would know that date rape has devastating, long term effects. I'm not saying one is worse than the other, just that you can't really compare them, since one is a crime against nature and the other is a crime against a person.

I would say the ultimate sin would be stupidity, and rape.
Stupidity...I just feel that is a choice to be stupid and if you choose it then hell with you I chose to be smart not lazy and when you are stupid you are nothing but lazy. :angry:
Rape because to force someone to have sex when they don't want to is just plan rude and well stupid so I guess if you are a rapist then in my book you have to ultimates sin rape and Stupidity. (n)
Many people feel sex beofre your marriage is a sin but hey if you are in love with the person go for it, and some also feel cheating on your spouse is wrong...I guess in a way it's wrong but your spouse wants you be happy so if that makes you happy then hey go for it. :lol:
Melissa
:angelic:

I am christian and i have never had a serious relationship with anyone. I think that (This is just my opinion) In a Christian relationship, you can hug and kiss and hold hands and all that jazz, but i really don't think you should have sex or anything until you're married.

God Bless you too :smiley: :D :D :D

Natalia said:
I would have to disagree. Young people these days are staying at home longer, getting married later, studying longer etc. When I was a teenager we all used to say how much more mature we were than previous generations, but now as an adult I can see that wasn't true. Looking at teenagers now, they don't grow up faster, if anything, they have extended childhoods. There is a big difference between thinking you are grown up and actually being physically and mentally mature.
[post="1037605"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

And how exactly do teenagers now have an extended childhood? What makes you say that?
--mandy :angelic:

Well, I thought I illustrated that already. They stay at home longer, marry later, study longer and so don't venture out into the adult work force until later. Parents support their children for much longer, and governments generally acknowledge that the onus is on parents to provide for their children (in education, and often housing and other expenses) until the age of 25.

I am just saying that what I am reading here about how much more mature teenagers are these days is something I have heard before, from previous generations. Everybody says that when they are a teenager.

The truth is, teenagers today have never had it easier. You don't have to 'deal with more' as was said. Think back a few generations to what teenagers had to deal with during times such as World War Two.

But that's not really what this thread is about.

I am christian and i have never had a serious relationship with anyone. I think that (This is just my opinion) In a Christian relationship, you can hug and kiss and hold hands and all that jazz, but i really don't think you should have sex or anything until you're married.
That's fine if it's your decision. :smiley: But everybody has to decide for themselves.

i find it interesting that people say stupidity is worse than murder, rape, and so on. so is it more evil and damning to be dumb (on purpose or no) than to do something awful to yourself or others? stupidity doesn't cost people the things that matter most: freedom, happiness, life, etc.

However, if you murder someone in an act of self-defense that's a different story.
That's not murder. Murder is when you deliberately kill a person.

Murder would have to be the worst.
Rape is close behind murder, but I know people who have been raped, and at least they are still here.

the ultimate sin is to not love your "neighbor".
So as long as you love them you can kill whoever you want?

Stupidity...I just feel that is a choice to be stupid and if you choose it then hell with you I chose to be smart not lazy and when you are stupid you are nothing but lazy.
So it's better to kill a person than to be stupid?

sex before marriage is definitely bad
Says who? Your Bible? Not all of us believe in that. I think it is fine to hve sex with someone you love. There are far more important issues out there.

And I think the people who say disbelief in the Christian God is worse than rape or murder should keep those thoughts to themselves. There are people here of all different faiths.

Stupidity...I just feel that is a choice to be stupid and if you choose it then hell with you I chose to be smart not lazy and when you are stupid you are nothing but lazy.
You really think it's a choice? I know people who arn't smart. They try, they have tutors, they work harder than I do at schoolwork, but it just doesn't help them much. And it makes them feel like felgercarb. I really don't think it's a choice.

I don't think they're is an ultimate sin. Christ can and will forgive anything anyone's ever done, if they'll believe in Him.

I think pre-marital sex is wrong. Not only is it wrong it's just not good for you.

I think making someone question they're worth is wrong. There's way to much of the going on.

I think pre-marital sex is wrong. Not only is it wrong it's just not good for you.
How so? Does it make you fat? Does it make you fail university? Does it make you lose your job? Does it make you die?

I certainly don't think it is something teenagers should be rushing into, but as an adult, it is a perfectly acceptable and normal thing to do if that is what you want.

I don't think they're is an ultimate sin. Christ can and will forgive anything anyone's ever done, if they'll believe in Him.
A lot of people here aren't Christian. It would be nice to hear opinions of an ultimate sin based on how it effects the people around us, rather than on what a God only some of us believe in apparently said.

I just feel that is a choice to be stupid and if you choose it then hell with you I chose to be smart not lazy and when you are stupid you are nothing but lazy.
I agree with agnes bean on this. That is a terribly cruel and uninformed thing to say.
I can't believe anybody could choose this over rape or murder.

i would have to say definatly taking someones life woudl be the ultimate sin.
no one has the right to take away someone else's life.

rape is definitely the worst thing someone can ever do. there are ways to justify murder and other things (i mean like self-defense and stuff) but never rape. you can't say "i feared for my life so i raped her" or anything like that. any form of sexual assault is awful.

m-c

Back