Coming Back Home!

I decided to write a new story, it isn’t one of my best but it’s okay. Tell me what you think. Oh yeah, don’t ask why this takes place during Christmas I just picked a random holiday. There are still some flaws I have to work out.

Vaughn had been taken 2 months ago, by no one other than Sark and Sloane. Sydney was now only out for revenge, just 2 weeks ago the CIA was sent pictures of Vaughn, the pictures made Sydney want to tear out her heart, they showed Vaughn tied up to a chair with a bullet hole in his head. Sydney was in denial, she cried for him over and over again. She tried to understand why she had to be tortured like this, everyone she has ever loved has either died or has come close. Sydney sat at her desk thinking about no one other than him. No matter how hard she tried she couldn’t move on. He was far too important to her and he deserved someone to remember him forever. He was by far the greatest man to ever live. Of course he had a few flaws like his constant concern for her and no one else not even himself. It was the loneliest day of the year, Christmas. She hated it because everyone else had someone to go home to, Someone to tell “I love you” too. While people ate dinner Sydney would be standing at his grave, talking to an empty grave. They never recovered his body, which made it even harder for her to except. She wished she had told him how much she loved him before he was taken from her. All of a sudden Sydney’s phone rang bringing her back to reality. She picked it up.
“Hello? Yes I’ll be right there, okay.” She hung up the phone and walked to the briefing room.
-Australia-
The door slowly opened and a small British man stepped inside. He set down a plate of food on the table.
“You should eat something.” He said pulling the tape off of the prisoners mouth.
“I’m not hungry you son of a b****!” He said coldly.
“Mr. Vaughn is that anyway to talk to your captor?” Sark asked. Vaughn was silent.
“We’ll talk later.” Sark said. He left the room. Vaughn hadn’t had a shower in 2 months and his hair was about two inches longer than usual. He had a beard and open cuts on his face and back. Vaughn looked at the plate of food. Sark had to be the stupidest villain ever to live. He gave Vaughn a fork to eat with? Vaughn took the opportunity he was given. He picked up the fork with his mouth and dropped it into his lap, he grabbed it with his left hand and started to cut the rope. After about 45 minutes he finally got both of his hands free, he undid his legs and quickly got up and ran to the cell door. A guard was standing there. Vaughn sat back down and pretended to be tied up.
“Help!” Vaughn said. The guard came into Vaughn’s cell.
“What is it?” He asked.
“Please I dropped the spoon can you get it for me?” The guard bent down in front of Vaughn and picked it up. Vaughn got up and stabbed the guard in the chest. He then knocked him out. Vaughn took his money and ran out of the cell and too the nearest window. He climbed out and started to run just as the sirens went off. He never looked back. After about 3 hours of evading the enemy Vaughn stopped at a local store. He bought a hooded sweatshirt, a razor, scissors, a hat, and other things to clean himself up. He bought them and headed out of the store. He walked to a motel down the street.
“I need to rent a room for a few days.” Vaughn told the manager.
“Okay, here, it’s room 250.” He gave Vaughn the key and Vaughn headed up to the room. He opened the door and set his things down. He fell onto the bed and instantly fell asleep. 7 hours later he woke up feeling refreshed. He got into the shower and stayed there for atleast 1 hour. The hot water felt good on his open wounds. He got out of the shower and started to shave his face, he left a goatee that way people would not recognize him. He cleaned his cuts and wrapped bandages around them. He cut his hair, the way it used to look months ago. He put on his hooded sweatshirt and headed out the door the next day.
-Sydney-
Sydney walked out of the briefing room she had been given the rest of the day off and she decide to go visit his grave. She drove down to the cemetery and got out of her car. She walked to his grave and bent down in front of it. The ground was cold seeing it was three days before Christmas. She starred at the words on the carved stone.
Beloved son and friend!
Syd’s eyes got teary and a few managed to escaped her eyes.
“Hi, I know I came yesterday but I wanted to say merry Christmas. I’ll come back on Christmas day, I wouldn’t want you to be alone. And I don’t want to be alone. All of a sudden Sydney’s phone rang.
“Bristow.” She answered
“Agent Bristow we need you in the Ops Center now!” Kendall said.
“I’ll be right there.” Syd said.
“Kendall, I have to go. Good-bye.” Syd said. Sydney got back into her car and drove to the Ops Center. She walked inside and immedialty walked over to Kendall.
“What is it?” She asked
“Follow me.” Kendall said leading her to his office. He closed the door and they both sat down.
“Your father has requested I gave you a one week vacation. I was reluctant, but I want to know if you would consider taking some time off?” Kendall asked.
“No, not until I bring Vaughn’s killers to justice.” She said with such determination.
“Well I think you should take some time off, we are doing all we can.” Kendall said.
“No, I won’t rest until I find Sark and Sloane.” Syd said. Kendall sighed.
“Let me put it straightforward. You will be taking the next week off no exceptions.” Kendall said.
“You can’t do that.” Syd said angry.
“I just did.” Kendall said. Sydney was about to go off on him but someone burst through the office.
“Sir, we have a security breach, someone just used a canceled security clearance card.” The agent said.
“How did they get a security card?” Kendall asked.
“I don’t know, Marshall is checking the card I.D. right now.” The agent said. Kendall ran out and Sydney followed. They walked over to Marshall’s desk.
“Did you find out whose card it is?” Kendall asked.
“Well that’s the funny thing, or, the weird thing, I don’t know it’s just…”
“Marshall!” Kendall yelled everyone was quite. Marshall gulped.
“It’s Agent Vaughn’s card.” Marshall said. Sydney’s eyes filled with anger.
“Someone is using his card, someone is using him.” Syd said. Sydney spotted something out of the corner of her eye. She turned around to see someone dressed in jeans and a black sweatshirt.
“YOU, FREEZE!” Syd yelled as she pulled her gun. The man stopped. Everyone backed out of the way.
More Agents drew their guns. Sydney saw the security card in his hand.
“Don’t turn around, just throw your card back towards me.” Syd said. He obeyed. She picked it up and studied Vaughn’s picture. Her eyes filled with rage and anger.
“Where did you get this?” She asked steeping a few feet closer she was now about 15 feet away.
“Where did you get this you son of a b****!” Syd demanded. She stepped even closer to him she was now a few feet away.
“Turn around.” Syd said pointing the gun to the back of his head. Slowly he turned around. He came face to face with the barrel of her silver gun. Syd’s mouth dropped. Under the bruises and cuts was no one other than...

TO BE CONTINUED....... :lol:

Under the bruises and cuts was no one other than Michael Vaughn. She lowered her gun and dropped it. She carefully removed his hood. Everyone else was frozen they now understood who it was. Syd tried to say something but couldn’t, tears formed in her eyes and the began to flow freely. She forcefully hugged him, he winced when she hit his broken rib. She pulled back immediately and looked at him worriedly.
“I, we, how?” Syd asked. Vaughn stood there looking at the ground.
“I got out.” He said. His voice was trembling.
“When?” She asked.
“A few days ago.” Vaughn said.
“I swear we thought you were dead.” Syd said. She hugged him again, but this time carefully making sure not to hurt him.
“I missed you so much.” She said into his shoulder.
“Everyone go back to work!” Kendall said. Everyone obeyed immedialty. Syd and Vaughn finally pulled apart.
“I missed you…” Vaughn was interrupted
“Why in the hell didn’t you turn yourself into security section? Instead look what you caused, all this madness!” Kendall said. Vaughn looked at Kendall.
“I have to use the bathroom, it was a long flight.” Vaughn said. He smiled at Sydney and walked away.
“We need to debrief you.” Kendall said. Vaughn turned his head while walking.
“So debrief me in the bathroom.” Vaughn yelled across the ops center. Sydney smiled at his smart comment. Kendall was fuming.
“When he’s done I want you two in my office.” Kendall said, then walked away. Sydney watched Kendall slam the door of the office for the first time in nearly 2 months she giggled. A few seconds later Vaughn came out and stood behind her, he cleared his throat, she turned around and smiled.
“Kendall wants us.” Syd said. Vaughn rolled his eyes.
“I figured.” Vaughn said. She smiled and Vaughn started to walk towards the debriefing room, she grabbed his hand.
“In his office silly.” Syd said.
“Oh.” Vaughn said. They walked into his office and sat down. Kendall had calmed down a little. They sat there for a few minutes before Kendall said anything.
“You two will be going on a mission tomorrow.” Kendall said.
“What?” Syd asked.
“It isn’t hard you just need to retrieve a disk and then you’ll be back home.” Kendall said.
“Vaughn just got back and you’re sending him on a mission?” Syd asked
“Yes, it seems that Agent Vaughn, is capable of handling himself.” Kendall said.
“He went through god knows what and you are completely ignoring his state of health.” Syd said.
“Syd,” Vaughn said looking at her. “It’s okay.” He said reassuringly. I mean who cares how he felt he was going to spend Christmas Eve with her. ALONE!
“Well now that we are on the subject, Agent Vaughn what exactly did they do to you?” Kendall asked. Vaughn swallowed hard.
“Just, stuff.” Vaughn said looking at the ground.
“Like?” Kendall asked. Vaughn played with the loose material on the armrest of his chair.
“Sometimes they would use fire, sometimes knifes, sometimes they would just beat the hell out of me.” Vaughn said recalling the horrific events. Sydney saw how hard it was for him to even look up. It must have been bad.
“The pictures that they sent you, of me, were fake. They put pigs blood on my face and made a fake bullet hole.” Vaughn said.
“Why did you let them?” Kendall asked
“Because they said they would kill everyone I love.” Vaughn said. Kendall listened carefully.
“So Sark and Sloane were the ones who took you?” Kendall asked. Vaughn nodded.
“Do you remember anything that could help us find them?” Kendall asked.
“Well, I was in Australia. Otherwise most of the time I was in a cell underground, the walls were so thick, I couldn’t hear anything outside it.” Vaughn said.
“I’ll get Agents to check out Australia.” Kendall said. He handed them their mission and walked out. Sydney turned to Vaughn.
“Do you need a ride home?” Syd asked.
“No, I’m sure Weiss will take care of it. But thanks.” He said. He got up and walked to the door.
“See ya later.” He said smiling. He walked out the door leaving Sydney in her own thoughts.
-Later that night-
Sydney arrived home, she walked in the door finding Francie in the kitchen.
“Um, what smells so good?” Syd asked as she put down her bags.
“Hey Syd, oh I’m just making a new sauce for the restaurant.” Fran said.
“Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go do some last minute shopping with me tomorrow. I have to get some stuff for the party.” Fran said.
“What time?” Syd asked.
“In the morning.” Fran said.
“Fran, I can’t I have to go on a trip.” Syd said.
“The day before Christmas Eve?” Fran asked. “That’s it I’m calling in sick for you.” Fran said picking up the phone. Syd stopped her.
“No, I’ll be back tomorrow. Besides.” Sydney smiled.
“What?” Fran asked curiously.
“I’m going with this guy.” Syd said.
“Oh really.” Fran said. “What’s this guy’s name?” Fran asked.
“Michael.” Syd said, Fran saw Syd’s eyes light up.
“So did you invite him to the party?” Fran asked.
“No.” Syd said.
“Why not?” Fran asked
“He has a girlfriend.” Syd said.
“Oh.” Fran said. All of a sudden Syd’s phone rang.
“Hello?” She said.
“Joey’s pizza.” Vaughn asked.
“Sorry wrong number.” She said. She hung up and picked up her keys.
“I forgot something at the office I have to go get it, I’ll be back.” Syd said.
“Okay, see ya.” Fran said.
-Warehouse-
Sydney walked as fast as she could. She finally reached Vaughn.
“What is it?” Syd asked. Vaughn just smiled.
“Vaughn?” Syd asked again.
“I just wanted to go over the mission plan.” Vaughn said.
“Oh.” Syd said plainly.
“We will be flying together but wont be tied together, just in case SD-6 decides to check in on you.” Vaughn said.
“Sounds easy enough.” Syd said. There was a silence.
“Well I guess I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” Vaughn said.
“Yeah you will.” Syd said. Syd walked away.

Man i haven't posted on this fourm forever! I have been so busy with work and everything. Anyway glad you like it. Don't know what brought on the Christmas thing! :lol:

Back