Status
Not open for further replies.
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

I used to love this community...
so what made it change other than the 'other people' ? :confused: I mean sure, you might have disliked or even hated some other members but is it that difficult to ignore them?
--mandy :angelic:
not when they attack you in posts and pms and AIM...a lot has taken place offline...i guess thats why people dont understand this whole thing...
I thought you could block people on AIM and MSN :blink: I mean, I dont' know much about you, because I rarely go into the members lounge... (hmmm i wonder why... -_- ) but I do still have a great friendship with Jo (speaking of which I should pm her or e-mail her) I mean if you have a problem with the posts and PM why didn't you contact an admin or mod? :(
--Mandy :angelic:
Because I'm not gonna be a little tattle-tale...it's pathetic and immature...

Has Jo talked to you about any of this?? She's as pissed off as we are...she's the top poster on our new site :lol:

SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

so what made it change other than the 'other people' ? :confused: I mean sure, you might have disliked or even hated some other members but is it that difficult to ignore them?
not when they attack you in posts and pms and AIM...a lot has taken place offline...i guess thats why people dont understand this whole thing...
I thought you could block people on AIM and MSN :blink: I mean, I dont' know much about you, because I rarely go into the members lounge... (hmmm i wonder why... -_- ) but I do still have a great friendship with Jo (speaking of which I should pm her or e-mail her) I mean if you have a problem with the posts and PM why didn't you contact an admin or mod? :(

Has Jo talked to you about any of this?? She's as pissed off as we are...she's the top poster on our new site :lol:
:thinking:

but it's not immature :( it makes you a responsible member, and it protects not only you but the community. :( I really dont' know what else to say.

No I haven't talk to Jo lately. I haven't had the time to really think of what to say to her :( but i'll go email her right now :confused:

SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

How would saving the community be immature?

Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

ditto to what he said. :blink:

Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
i love the people that i met on here...they all mean a great deal to me...but we have our own site now where we talk and we dont need aa and all it's "baggage"

But it's not loss of friendliness...it's lying...but our new site is quite friendly :D and we're all planning on visiting each other...i mean...we're all the best friends anyone has ever seen...and I'm really grateful that aa brought these people in my lives...but...the bad is starting to outweigh the good here...its not worth it...

Why can't people just be honest...
About a year ago, a similarly major thing happened to SD-1, where at the time I was very active. It split the very active members apart, and many of the (then) top posters left and started their own community. I've always hoped to prevent such a thing at AA, but it happened anyways, although from a different type of source.

I don't see why AA can't become friendly again. I hope you come back in a couple of months and see if things are better :smiley:
There are just so many bad memories with this site...and I dunno...it might seem pathetic so some of you but people I was really close to betrayed me...Wikky and I would talk to each other 12 hours a day everyday...we were never without each other except at school...and even then we'd sneak to talk to each other in classes...and...when he betrayed me...it was like...knives...everywhere...i couldn't stand it...and then Ally...we were at the point where we would talk on the phone to each other...and then i find out everything she said to Jo, Siri, and I was a complete lie ...that was...undescribable...i wanted to commit suicide...someone i loved so much lied about everything to me and made me worry for her day and night over a bunch of lies...that was the worst (i know she's a member of the site but I have textual evidence from aim convos and msn convos that prove she lied...so i dont care what anyone says...she LIED)...and then Natalie...and then 2 people I won't name because that will just bring more contention to the site if i mention them...and now Moriel and Betha...and then after we left old friends i had always been nice to flaming me...i dunno...i just need to leave all this behind...i dont want to risk coming back to AA and getting hurt the same way...nothing is worse the chance of it happening again...

Betha Bristow said:
Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

ditto to what he said. :blink:
*clenches fists*

I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that...

mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

:thinking:

but it's not immature :( it makes you a responsible member, and it protects not only you but the community. :( I really dont' know what else to say.

No I haven't talk to Jo lately. I haven't had the time to really think of what to say to her :( but i'll go email her right now :confused:

you can't e-mail her...her dad set up this restriction e-mail where he has to approve all her e-mail before she sees it...i wouldn't e-mail her just yet :thinking:

I've been on AA for about a year and at the beginning it was a lot of fun it was very personalbe. But once the site got REALLY big (thats not a bad thing) but many of the members forum cliques or groups ( like the Insano Family and others * also not bad*) but it left out the other members of AA that weren't as active or apart of it those groups then when other members that were more active in the community were in the other groups they fought so in the Member Lounge I posted less and even quit coming for about a couple of months and it seems its really hard to get back into the old habits of the community I really don't know how to help but I really will try my best to help if ppl get any ideas

~KM

Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

because look at what happend the other times we tried to tell people about liars...Ally...people hated us after we tried to let everyone know she lied...even you wouldn't believe us Charlie...nothing good ever came of going to the admins with a problem with one of the members...

SydB_JenG said:
Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

because look at what happend the other times we tried to tell people about liars...Ally...people hated us after we tried to let everyone know she lied...even you wouldn't believe us Charlie...nothing good ever came of going to the admins with a problem with one of the members...
*ears redden*

and I'M gonna pretend you didnt say that.........

SpyGurl001 said:
I've been on AA for about a year and at the beginning it was a lot of fun it was very personalbe.  But once the site got REALLY big (thats not a bad thing) but many of the members forum cliques or groups ( like the Insano Family and others * also not bad*) but it left out the other members of AA that weren't as active or apart of it those groups then when other members that were more active in the community were in the other groups they fought so in the Member Lounge I posted less and even quit coming for about a couple of months and it seems its really hard to get back into the old habits of the community I really don't know how to help but I really will try my best to help if ppl get any ideas

~KM
:lol: The Insano Family is just a mess :o_O: It was just something to use for writing fanfiction in the Odd thread....but then...i dunno...people turned it into a club...:blink:

SydB_JenG said:
Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
i love the people that i met on here...they all mean a great deal to me...but we have our own site now where we talk and we dont need aa and all it's "baggage"

But it's not loss of friendliness...it's lying...but our new site is quite friendly :D and we're all planning on visiting each other...i mean...we're all the best friends anyone has ever seen...and I'm really grateful that aa brought these people in my lives...but...the bad is starting to outweigh the good here...its not worth it...

About a year ago, a similarly major thing happened to SD-1, where at the time I was very active. It split the very active members apart, and many of the (then) top posters left and started their own community. I've always hoped to prevent such a thing at AA, but it happened anyways, although from a different type of source.

I don't see why AA can't become friendly again. I hope you come back in a couple of months and see if things are better :smiley:
There are just so many bad memories with this site...and I dunno...it might seem pathetic so some of you but people I was really close to betrayed me...Wikky and I would talk to each other 12 hours a day everyday...we were never without each other except at school...and even then we'd sneak to talk to each other in classes...and...when he betrayed me...it was like...knives...everywhere...i couldn't stand it...and then Ally...we were at the point where we would talk on the phone to each other...and then i find out everything she said to Jo, Siri, and I was a complete lie ...that was...undescribable...i wanted to commit suicide...someone i loved so much lied about everything to me and made me worry for her day and night over a bunch of lies...that was the worst (i know she's a member of the site but I have textual evidence from aim convos and msn convos that prove she lied...so i dont care what anyone says...she LIED)...and then Natalie...and then 2 people I won't name because that will just bring more contention to the site if i mention them...and now Moriel and Betha...and then after we left old friends i had always been nice to flaming me...i dunno...i just need to leave all this behind...i dont want to risk coming back to AA and getting hurt the same way...nothing is worse the chance of it happening again...
I'm sorry to say this but Welcome to the internet. There will be lying, maybe it shouldn't been to the extent of where it hurt you that much, but you gotta prepare yourself. You can't let all of this get to you. Personally AA is really important to me. I can barely survive a day where I dont' come on but this will be what this is. No site will be perfect and this is especially why I despise (and i'm sorry to say this Charlie but it's true) the Member's Lounge. I mean I've heard bits about what Happened with Ally and yes I know it's terrible but realize this. If you start to lie online, you're going to have to go with it. and eventually like what they always say, it's gonna get bigger and bigger. Until a point where it just can't last anymore. and that's what I think happened here. I mean sure, I've said a couple untruthful things on here, but that's to protect me personally, but I've never lied about not liking something. and on a site like this where there are all kinds of people and you're gonna meet other people it's going to be hard. :(

SydB_JenG said:
Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

Now that's a problem I need to solve if people don't feel like coming to the admins is reasonable way to solve problems.

BUT: Since people were directly attacking and flaming you, couldn't you have come to us then? :confused:

mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:

I'm sorry to say this but Welcome to the internet. There will be lying, maybe it shouldn't been to the extent of where it hurt you that much, but you gotta prepare yourself. You can't let all of this get to you. Personally AA is really important to me. I can barely survive a day where I dont' come on but this will be what this is. No site will be perfect and this is especially why I despise (and i'm sorry to say this Charlie but it's true) the Member's Lounge. I mean I've heard bits about what Happened with Ally and yes I know it's terrible but realize this. If you start to lie online, you're going to have to go with it. and eventually like what they always say, it's gonna get bigger and bigger. Until a point where it just can't last anymore. and that's what I think happened here. I mean sure, I've said a couple untruthful things on here, but that's to protect me personally, but I've never lied about not liking something. and on a site like this where there are all kinds of people and you're gonna meet other people it's going to be hard. :(
This is what I'm picking up from that post...

It's ok to lie because everyone does it...we should just throw honesty out the window :confused:

Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
nance said:
Well that's the thing.

Now that's a problem I need to solve if people don't feel like coming to the admins is reasonable way to solve problems.

BUT: Since people were directly attacking and flaming you, couldn't you have come to us then? :confused:
I guess so but I still just didn't think you'd care...i dunno -_-...usually you guys dont do anything about that kind of stuff unless its some new member who did nothing but flame...:thinking:

SydB_JenG said:
mystery_chick said:
SydB_JenG said:
Charlie said:
SydB_JenG said:

This is what I'm picking up from that post...

It's ok to lie because everyone does it...we should just throw honesty out the window :confused:
No, that's not what I mean. I'm sure you were not 100% honest about your personal life while you were on this board. It's hard to be. You dont' want to tell every single details about your life to someone you have not even seen. I dont' know if that's how it is with you, but it sure as hell is with me. I'm not saying that doing something that Ally have done (that's only from what I've heard btw. I'm not bad mouthing you Ally if you ever read this, sorry. ) is justifiable, but you gotta realized not everything can be true. To some people there's a limit to how deep they can share on the internet. -_-

i don't think mandy meant it's okay to lie!! she meant that it's the internet, and sometimes people don't feel comfortable using their real name, or saying their real age. and there are weirdos out there too, who just don't understand the difference between a 12 year old girl, and a 65 year old man.
mostly, people are only saying it to protect themselves, or make themselves sound cooler. like i could say i own a pair of gucci shoes, but have never even seen them in a store. it's just human nature.

Also, even though some people may lie, that's their problem. The point of a community is to stay strong and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back