Do you think Irina would be a good role model?

So your just waking up and I'm off to bed! ^_^ I'm still on the whole Irina is a good role model, and no matter what she does, unless it questions her love for Syd and Jack, I'm sticking with Irina's the best!

Manu said:
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. They have no complaints (just like I don't) They just want some answers, like everyone else. But given the context of the show we all know that answers aren't something easy to get. Doesn't mean they don't agree with the way her character is written though.
All righty then. That makes much more sense!!!!
:D

I want some answers, too -- as everyone well knows. And it will take a lot for me to ever trust Irina again. I think Jack and Sydney feel the same. 🐈

It's not like she never tried. That sure is the writers fault, not hers. They waste too much time on Sydney giving Vaughn a new drawer at her apartment instead of developing the real important and interesting storylines.

Yes! Thank you! That's exactly my point! I saw that and said "What the hell is this?"...dumb writers.... :hmm:

Well...they have said they are keeping Irina in season 3, but I don't know how long that will be for...

I read somewhere she'll be back for season 3 but not all 22 episodes..... :thinking: :Paranoid:

Of course she won't be back for 22 episodes. That's like.. never going to happen. Anyway, news on LO's contract status and on the whole good/evil thing straight from Lena's mouth.

From Wanda/Kristin:

For those of you still reeling from the news that Penny Johnson Jerald won't be a regular on 24, here's something encouraging on another TV fave: Lena Olin of Alias.

At the premiere of Hollywood Homicide (in which she stars opposite Harrison Ford, in case you hadn't heard), Lena had this to say about her chances of returning to Alias: "I think so. I'm not sure. I hope it could work out. We just have to see about the schedules and such, but I think so."

And from where this tuber was standing, her smile said it all.

As for the ever-present puzzle of whether Irina is good or evil, Lena would only say, "I think she has good intentions when she does all these things. [Laughs.] But that's just what I think."

Spoken like a true woman of mystery
That goes without saying. God, I love her.

And Ron Rifkin says the same thing about Sloane. They're good actors.
;)

Excuses, excuses [shakes head]

Ron Rifkin never said that. He said that he wouldn't have accepted the part if his character was just evil and that he wouldn't be surprised if in the end, his character turned out to be a good guy (working for the CIA all along) That's definetely not the same thing. Besides, that's what JJ keeps saying, that he's the real villain but deep down, all of the characters are "good" people.

One of the good things about being Lena's fan is that she's never wrong about the characters she plays (she said it herself). I don't think anyone knows Irina better than her (except for JJ, of course)

Besides, that's what JJ keeps saying, that he's the real villain but deep down, all of the characters are "good" people.

hmmmmm? What about that for an ending, all along everybody was good, the whole killing etc was all for a higher purposem, ha, that would be interesting to see! ^_^

Manu said:
Ron Rifkin never said that. He said that he wouldn't have accepted the part if his character was just evil and that he wouldn't be surprised if in the end, his character turned out to be a good guy (working for the CIA all along) That's definetely not the same thing. Besides, that's what JJ keeps saying, that he's the real villain but deep down, all of the characters are "good" people.
I'm taking what you said to mean that Irina is not "a villain." Ron Rifkin has said that he doesn't picture Sloane as a villain. From p. 82 of Alias: Declassified:

"I actually don't think of Sloane as a villain," Rifkin added. "I can't approach him as a villain. I have to play it as if I'm a guy who has principles and morals. The fact that he has to do some bad things, well, we may find out that the people he had to do away with were really KGB or whatever. . . ."

(now, whether Mr Rifkin has since changed his opinion . . .)

What I'm saying is that the actors who play the best villains either believe that they aren't really villains, or they have a deep sympathy for them. It's the ones who believe that villains know what they are doing is wrong without bothering to resort to rationalizations, or--worse--enjoy their villainy for villainy's sake that turn their characters into caricatures and end up doing a truly poor job. (Although, oddly, some have actually been praised for this . . . must be their sheer gusto.) This is probably part of why Mr Rifkin is so darn good at what he does. Frankly, using the story revealed to us so far, the character of Irina could be taken either way--regardless of the instincts of the actress who plays her. (And it's gonna take some heavy-duty storytelling to explain how she can have done what she has done as a heroine. If that's the way they choose to take it, I can't wait to see how they pull it off. I have my own ideas of how it might be done; I'd love to see theirs.)
;)

smegheadalways said:
Besides, that's what JJ keeps saying, that he's the real villain but deep down, all of the characters are "good" people.

hmmmmm? What about that for an ending, all along everybody was good, the whole killing etc was all for a higher purposem, ha, that would be interesting to see! ^_^
That would be very wrong. LOL. Too happy. :o_O: :angry: <_<

For some reason that idea is start to whirl around in my mind, imagine the ending Jack/Irina/Sloane all in cahoots :woot: . They were all good all along ^_^

In cahoots? Yeah, I guess that's why Jack told Sloane, "I will never work with you again."
:P

True :P , but with Sydney gone, he'll be a desperate man, and Sloane said something along the lines of, "We'll be seeing each other sooner than you think", or sutton along those lines!

Well...I always think that Irina has a higher purpose, and although she may not offer much to Syd and Jack, I think that this could be because she is trying to protect them...but that one part where she got Syd with the stun-gun (when they were at the server farm) really shocked me...her motives better be really good!!! Otherwise, I'm sure she has an amaizng plan to do something...

Nah, that stun-gun was cool, I think Syd needed the wind taken out of her :lol: . Although she did, stun her once and then again when she fell down and what's the saying,"Don't kick a girl when's she down"). I agree K, there is something being planned and I need to know about it.....

Exactly, if syd was already on the ground, why do it again??? And I still haven't seen the last half of the finalé, so I'll let you know my final thoughts then.

She seem to have a grin on her face, but I'm not disputing the fact that she loves her, of course she does. But there's just sutton not quite right, ^_^ . So Ackles you ain't seen the second half, why's that?

I like Irina. She's soooo cool!!! I don't care if she's good or bad and you really can't tell. She's mysterious, you don't know if she's telling the trunth or lying and you don't know where her loyalties lie. That's what makes her character so cool. Atleast that's what I think.

Alias_Freak said:
I like Irina. She's soooo cool!!! I don't care if she's good or bad and you really can't tell. She's mysterious, you don't know if she's telling the trunth or lying and you don't know where her loyalties lie. That's what makes her character so cool. Atleast that's what I think.
Yes, Irina is a fascinating character. That doesn't make her a role model. I think that Irina herself would agree. 🐈

Back