EQ2

I have been interested as I always like EQ2 just my system does not handle it so well. I am moving at the end of the year and will be getting a new comp that should handle it a lot better. So I may go back but I am playing WoW and CoH at the moment so may not but we will see what happens when the time comes.

Overall I'm impressed with it. As with original Kunark of EQ, this one lets us revisit the best loved expansion of days gone by but progressed lore. Even has the froglok/dragon breed mounts King Rile made to combat the Dragons.

It's a tad graphic intensive which means I need to upgrade again. blah. They did a great job on making the Sarnak, even if I do hate the race (then and now) lore wise.

Lots of changes to game with this expansion. Crafting changes that seems to be a norm now days. You either fail or win. Some of the new armor for T8 is SWEET. Just wish they'd put more into the 20s-40-s levels which is where most my chars are. heh

Now to visit ole Venril muhahahahah

Oh and the trading card online game... brilliant idea. Bravo to Sony for being innovative. Wonder which company will copy them first. http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/

I just got EQ recently and I really like it so far. I'm on the Lucan server, might be willing to try some other servers as well. Only 1 thing I don't really like about the game is that there's something wrong with the graphics, they aren't that good but it runs slower than any other game on my computer. I had to turn off the shadows since they were the main problem. On "Extreme Quality" setting with shadows off the fps is ok.

In my Experience, it's mostly the "environmental Shadows" that kill any System. I also set the high Detail Characters to 2 and turned off outdoor Waterreflection... but that may be different on another System.
Oh, and never turn on Flora Displacement !

While their graphics are pretty killer to some systems, they at least went so far as to optimize many of them over the last two years AND have more graphic setting controls for the user than any game I've ever seen. Even our lowest comp 1.2ghz half gig mem can run the game (granted it chokes if there are more than 100 people nearby heh).

Lucan's a good server, especially for roleplay. It doesn't have the HUGE hardware and overloading problems that AB has, thankfully. But, if you game for people then Crushbone or AB is where mass people are at all hours. Tad too crowded for me lately.

I'm enjoying the loot cards from Legends of Norrath!! YaY You get booster packs in game then can trade them in LoN for loot cards that give you items or spells. I just traded for the dryad illusion, love their dryads! Next one... uber mount card. RAWR

I don't see why my computer doesn't run it better. Many other games with far better graphics outperform it on my computer.:confused:

Core 2 Duo 3.33 GHz (9.75 GHz effective)
Nvidia 8880 GTS 640mb PCI-E 16x
4 GB RAM (1024 mb DDR2 PC 6400 @ 800 MHz * 4)
Creative Labs SB X-Fi, 32-bit, 7.1 Channel
DSL 3 mbps Download, upload > 500 kbps

So I'm not sure how it could possibly still get bad frame rates unless there is some kind of compatibility issue that I'm not aware of. :-/ I'm running Win XP home 32-bit btw.

First off what resolution are you playing in?

One thing, Eq2 doesn't make use of dual core, so your down to the normal 3.3 ghz. Which should still be sufficient to play the game acceptably. (I play with a P4 2.4)

On your graphics card make sure that you are using the latest driver which Sony supports (sometimes they don't work well with the newest driver) You can find that here.
http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16089

Your graphics card is definitely up to par.... showoff ;) (I'm running with an Ati Radeon 9700 AGP at 4x (MB bottlenecks my card))

4 gig ram.... I'm not even going to mention what I use lol *hides his memory*

Ok, the DSL... I can beat you on that 10mb cable lol ;)

The only problems I can see with your setup are the dual core not being supported, and possibly a problem with your video driver.

Oh and the bad frame rates, are they appearing as soon as you start playing, Or do they appear after you've been on for a bit? MMO's are plagued with memory leaks, and they seem to have added one in recently (One that can even affect people with 4 gig).

Also What zone/s are you getting lag in? If Neriak, everyone seems to, it has a massive memory leak, that they have been trying to trace for a while now. (I crash from it after 10 minutes)

If none of that helps. You could also try this thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=43253

***Edit Stick with Win XP, EQ2 doesn't like Vista (it is supported at least... lol) and neither do I

I think it's due to the fact that EQ2 doesn't support multi core CPUs. Since then my processor is only a 3.33 GHz regular and that would also cause my video card to bottleneck a lot. Well I can run the game ok on Extreme quality - shadows.

Good music, Faeshadow. Was a fun event. Tonights was short, sweet little auction after tossing the theif into the pit. Darn ratongas bought up everything. Shiny obsessions, that is what the problem is.

Hey Risu,

After the blowup on the Test Server (long story, but it was the top of the official and flames message boards for a few days) I started all over again on Najena. I'll add you to my friends list and bug you some time in-game.

Magarian (need a new sig)

What exactly are those events? Do they have events like that frequently?

Oh fairly often I'd say. There's always some tavern or other having a Grand Opening, plus during Frostfell we're all having parties. I just ran one on Dec. 9 myself (I'm the Social Director of my guild, Silver Circle), and tonight I think Vagabond Knights had one in Qeynos.

The Town Square has a nice calendar of events for the RP communities of all servers that have one (which is usually just AB and LDL, but everyone's welcome) here: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=209853&TabID=1770904

Also, there is an AB specific one in the Venues and Events section of the Raven Mythic message board, here: RM: Login

What they are are pretty much role-play get-togethers, where characters gather, have a drink and/or have a bite to eat, chat, give the hairy eyeball to people they don't like, maybe listen to a song, watch a performance or take part in a game/contest, etc.

I am currently on the Kithicor server. In the guild The Rikana www.anakir.com

My main is a lvl 73 Assassin named Agony. My Ratonga Assaassin perfers to walk up to the person and stab them in the face instead of the back :P I like to watch them fall to the floor screaming in pain and blood rolling down their faces mwahahahah. Errrr sorry about that, my Ratonga gets a little excited when it comes to killing lol.

I also have a lvl 67 Warlock named Aenaki. Ratonga also. Nothing better then the rats!

I have my first toon which was a Wood Elf Ranger lvl 57. His name is Taevil. I was going to make him an assassin then i found out i couldnt become one unless i betrayed, so i stuck with a Ranger. Now i have not played him for years because he is not a Ratonga :D. If i could pay SOE to switch him to a Ratonga, i would pay it!! I would like to play my lil ranger again lol.

Next on my list is my Fury. His name is Aenashi. I dont play Healers and please do not call me a healer. I am DPS. He is lvl 51 right now and i am having a blast with this Ratonga :D

I also have a lil Ratonga swashy that is lvl 28. His name is RavenLocke which was my first roleplaying name long long ago.

Next i have a lvl 13 Conjy named Aenarata. I betrayed this Ratonga over to Kelethin to work on writs. I do 4 writs and take about 10 minutes for the set. So far i did them over 400 times last time i looked. I am trying to max out the writ faction people before i start to level him up. He is a complete twink with nothing but Mastercrafted, Adept 3s/Masters, Legendary & fabled gear. He rocks :D

My last Ratonga is a very low lvl Bruiser. His name is Despero. I have not had a lot of time to play him yet. So not much to say about him.

I do have another that i do not play any more. He is a Froglok Troubador named "Scheet Music". Everyone called him "sh*t" so i just stopped playing him. he was my 2nd toon. I was thinking "sheet music" being a bard and all.. and being a frog that could sing... It was just memories of the singing/dancing frog from the old warner brothers cartoons. And also "scheet" in dutch means "fart" lol. But no one knew that in the guild lol.

Sooo If you want to play any time, i will be more then happy to group and help you out on the Kithicor server!

Be a Ratonga, there is no other better RACE then that!!

Hey Risu,

After the blowup on the Test Server (long story, but it was the top of the official and flames message boards for a few days) I started all over again on Najena. I'll add you to my friends list and bug you some time in-game.

Magarian (need a new sig)

Sounds good chief, be sure to PM Malax to get into a great guild while yer at it ^_^

Oh yar, if I happen to not respond to a PM (which happens a lot) try PMing my overly chat-happy wife's char, Kirthi.

Currently we are 62 wizard (me) and 62 fury (pays more attention than me)

Back