EQ2

Well at least I'm not the only one obsessed with Ratonga. I'm still fairly new to the game and have 3 characters (excluding crafting mules). Akodia which is my main a Lv. 41 Ratonga Bruiser, Tsarmina my Lv. 14 Ratonga Wizard and have plans for creating another character, Trisscar who will be a Ratonga Brigand (looks like a fun job).

Well at least I'm not the only one obsessed with Ratonga. I'm still fairly new to the game and have 3 characters (excluding crafting mules). Akodia which is my main a Lv. 41 Ratonga Bruiser, Tsarmina my Lv. 14 Ratonga Wizard and have plans for creating another character, Trisscar who will be a Ratonga Brigand (looks like a fun job).

Ratongas are the bestest! :D

Hey EQ2 peeps, lets create a world chat channel and have everyone join that are in game.

What do you want it to be called?
Heroshall

Whatever server it is on.. you will need to do /join servername.Heroshall

Then we all can talk while in eq2.

The performance makes me depressed but besides that the looks of the graphics are.. alll right. Good for such an old game but nothing impressive.

Well, decided to give EQ2 another try. Rolled up a high elf swashbuckler on Antonia Bayle. Rolin is his name.

Graphics are decent. Now if they hired exceptional art designers like Blizzard, it would have been incredible considering all the polygons.

That's why it gives me headaches. Really, their programming stinks. There's no reason those graphics should take up that many resources. If it came down to just the game, I'd rather play WoW or Shadowbane again just because of the performance I get while being able to see my character and their clothes clearly still as well as other characters. EQ2, even with my computer, has problems seeing things clearly. I'd say my performance should be at least a little above the average home user. It's just lower graphics taking up more resources than they should is all..

Yeah the game is a bit of a hog BUT it's ten times better than it was year one. A thousand times easier to run than Vanguard.

If you're on AB server and need skills (fighter) and spells (mage/priest) made then Dain and I can help. Only up to 55 though. We've no trader on the Lucan server, just adventurers.

There is a In Character rp channel that I join from all my servers I play on type /join lucan_dlere.rptavern. It's clean cut, not the smut some of the others are a bit um famous for. There is also the lore one with a couple seriously obessed collectors of lore heh /join lucan_dlere.lore (really, these people have collections in and out of game of both EQs that beats my gig of stuff, scarey)

Not sure how the channel is working out but had four of us off and on in it last night. You can see who is in a channel by typing /whochannel <number of the channel according to your list>. I think command to see number list is /channellist or some such.

Add me to the list of "people that got tired of waiting for HJ and started playing EQ2" =)

Ripert Deathstone, Warlock on AB

I have to say I am really enjoying it. It does bring back a lot of the original EQ feel and challenge.

Freeport or Qeynos? You can shoot Rakali a tell if you need spells done, just supply the components and she can whip 'em up to 56.

Started in TD and am in Butcherblock at the moment...

I’m a sage and transmuter myself... Though I am wondering if that was smart... Looking at the prices on the market I would almost be better selling off the harvested materials and drops and buying from others.

In what kind of economy would a level one drop sell for over a gold? :-/

Started in TD and am in Butcherblock at the moment...

I’m a sage and transmuter myself... Though I am wondering if that was smart... Looking at the prices on the market I would almost be better selling off the harvested materials and drops and buying from others.

In what kind of economy would a level one drop sell for over a gold? :-/

It was even worse when transmuting had just been released. Level 1 drops for 20+ gold, at least on the Everfrost server.

Long one, hold your undies

(and no, not a smart idea to craft in eq2 as a newbie to game)

Earning the Coin in EQ2

Starting out in a new game usually means you will be asking the magic question shortly after starting. How do I earn coin? This brings about a variety of answers but for me I've found one way to make coin quickly in EQ2 that works at any level. Harvesting.

Understanding the System
If you ask the channels how the harvesting system works, how to get rares, you will get a handful of theories which few have been tested by the individual spouting the greatness of their theory. Tried and true means extensively tested. My system isn't actually mine but what the devs designed. I spent a year in beta and watched as the devs tweaked and changed the harvesting system. It's undergone some changes, mostly increases, but the one thing that has stayed the same (minus fish node change) is that each node belongs to an area and the area respawn determines the rare spawn.

More clearly.

Nodes are the harvestables.
Each node belongs to an area.
An area is a set space in the zone where x number of nodes are placed.
Not all nodes are active at the same time, but after you harvest an area for hours and hours you will notice where some of the placements are which helps in your collection route. Be observant.
X number of rares are set to spawn per area, which rare is random ALTHOUGH it is hinted at by devs that some rare types are given a lower percent chance to spawn than others.
In order to get a cycle going when rare collecting, you MUST clear an area of all spawned nodes so the game knows to start a new rare respawn. This is minus fish nodes, which wasn't the case in beta, but is now.

Finding a node area can be tough in open zones. Stick to zones that have more clearly defined areas, spaces where collision detection borders easily define an area like in corners or dead ends. Remember that not all areas are square. While it is possible that an area can cross collision detection borders, I've not found one that does to date. This works at all levels, all zones, all tiers.

Avoid areas where there are nodes that say it can't be reached, like in a tree. Those bugged nodes ruin the area quick.

When I prep to harvest for the day I set about clearing my spawn area, sometimes I need to do this twice before the rares will begin. This might be because you missed a node somewhere. Clear it well. You will begin to see a timer on when they spawn. I usually work from one corner and cross over then back moving from one end to the other, one side to the other. Etc. Use your key commands in Options to set your Target Next NPC key to something easy. Set your Target Nearest NPC. These two used constantly while moving will help you to find hidden nodes and ones that simply don't load graphics until you are on top of them.

To date I haven't noticed a set number of rare spawns per clearing. Sometimes a clear will give me three sometimes it will rate me six. Hard to know for sure since it's always possible someone came through and harvested a rare without you noticing.

Follow these and you will do fine with harvesting. Tidbit advise: Don't do a trade skill if you're new to game. It will quickly suck your harvestables and coin. Raise all harvesting skills, yes even fishing, since at higher levels fishing does pay decently. Log the market from the broker. Keep a written log of what sells for what on your server and watch as that fluctuates up and down over a month period. This helps to decide what to price at what cost and WHEN.

How much you earn depends on too many factors for me to give you a set number. How long you work an area. What tier. Are the mobs in that tier gray to you, if not, consider the extra time it takes to play dodge-the-mob to get to nodes. How well you can research the market and use that information. I generally earn 1 to 3 plat an hour of hardcore, non-interrupted area harvesting. That’s selling everything I harvest, minus the totally worthless items. (Those items that never, ever sell for more than 10copper each.) This varies depending on what tier. On most the servers I can earn 1plat an hour doing tier one areas. Some servers are less, some are more it all depends on the market. Leaded loam that sells for 1silver here might sell for 50silver there.

You know the system now. Know your market. Enjoy your coin earning!

Add me to the list of "people that got tired of waiting for HJ and started playing EQ2" =)

Ripert Deathstone, Warlock on AB

I have to say I am really enjoying it. It does bring back a lot of the original EQ feel and challenge.

Me too!!
Great game all around, I just wish the 'zerker were stronger...

Unrest
Sevakias <Random Evac> Level 22 Lizard Wizard :smiley:
Throkk <Random Evac> Level 15 Ogre Berserker

Damn, I almost said Troll again!!!!! The word Troll just compliments Berserker SO nicely.

As a healer I have great love for zerkers (hubby plays one) since they can take a hit decently and do more dmg than I do (fury). We have a great time duo'ing. 57 and counting (although our tadeskillers are hammering away for 80)

Back