Favorite Couple?

What is your favorite couple on Buffy&Angel?

• Buffy&Angel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buffy&Spike

• Buffy&Riley

• Xander&Anya

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Willow&Oz

• Willow&Tara

• Angel&Cordelia

• Xander&Cordelia

• Giles&Jenny

• Other

• Total voters
Actually, I rather like Dawn. Not so much Connor, though. The concept of Dawn worked out a bit better than the execution, but I liked a number of things about her, including the ball of energy thing (they should have done more with that--I mean, it was enough to retrofit her into everybody's lives, but all it really amounted to was a cross-dimensional bleed at a specific moment in time?!)--and her relationship with Spike (which they did exactly zip with in season 7--I mean, how did they readjust to each other after what happened in season 6?). Yeah, she was irritating, but there were times when I found even Willow--and, goodness yes, Buffy--irritating. Neither character was really out-and-out lovable, though!
;)

well, even though i dislike both adolescents, i did like dawn slightly more than connor. i agree with you, vh. i liked the concept of dawn; theoretically, she was a good idea. and i liked how she changed the show - making buffy into a sister and a more responsible person. without dawn, we wouldn't have had that totally tear-jerking moment at the end of the season 5 finale. i love that scene. that may be one of my all time favorite scenes of the entire series. but i felt like after season 5, she just wasn't much use any more. and, on the whole, i was never very fond of her.

as for connor, i just don't get what the point of him was at all. well, i did like baby connor. ;) he was cute. and i liked how he was the reason wes "betrayed" the group. also, i liked how he left the show. ;) it was a great way to go - to show how much angel loved his son. but...other than that, not really much purpose to his character, in my opinion.

I agree with you both there. The idea of Dawn was good, and making Buff more responsible, but it seemed after season 5, her character had no purpose. There were times I could possibly stand her or actually like her, but then there were other times when i just went completely oposite.

And I agree CS-I like Connor for all the reasons you came up with and how he came and went in the very beginning but when he came back and he didn't leave was when it went all down-hill. And then I'm not going to get started on the icky-ness of his relationship with Cordy.

I like the way Conner went in Angel. Michelle Trachenburg(sp?) can do comedy very well tohugh. Just look at 'Him'.
"I'm the skanky queen of [EDIT] town!"

I agree--they really didn't give Dawn enough to do after season 5. She seemed mostly unfocussed. And it isn't the actress's fault, she's really quite good.
;)

well, on the subject of couples then, and seeing as how everyone dislikes dawn and connor, why don't we just hook them up! :D i think they'd be the perfect couple. they could get together, be annoying together, have annoying children, and go off into their own annoying little world. ;)

Hmm...Buffy's little sister and her former lover's son...It almost seems kind of incestuous, in a way. ^_^ I do think they'd make a fitting couple, though. I just don't think I'd be able to watch more than 2 seconds of a scene with the both of them in it. Talk about annoyance overkill...

LOL. Dawn/Connor. For some reason that at least made partial sense in the fact it could have possibly happen, well, if they would've known eachother. By the way, was anybody else a big shipper for Xander/Cordy. I was sad they never got back together. They were funny together.

I agree. Willow&Oz were very sweet. I missed oz when he left. I mean I liked Tara, but there was just something about Oz that was just...undefinable as I cannot think of another word.

yeah, seth green was so sweet. i loved him.

and i agree with you about xander/cordy, cass. i always wanted them back together. why did xander never make any guest appearances on angel?? practically everyone else did...

I know! I wish he would have. Maybe in some it-probably-won't-happen-but-we-can-hope way he will, maybe in one of the ones charisma will be in. Though unlikely, we can always hope.

syd_spy47 said:
but there was just something about Oz that was just...undefinable as I cannot think of another word.
Yeah. He was special. The writers said he was really difficult to write, though, because he was so laconic.
;)

But that was what made him so sweet! I loved this
"Where Willow goes so goes my nation." and
"In my whole life I've never loved anything else."
He just seemed totally devoted to Willow even more so than Buffy and Angel. Oz was my favorite charchater out of the whole series. Oh how I miss him. :smiley:

Back