French Help

This isn't school work but, what are girl guides called in french and does anyone know how I could find some information about them or any of their songs or something by tomorrow- I know this is a little last minuite but i'm desperate!!!

i have a question...i'm supposed to write a quick little abab, type of poem in french, & i was just wondering if you had any words that easily rhyme, like we have can/ban/van...etc? I just need some quick, simple rhyming words & it'd be helpful if you put the meaning, in case I haven't learned that word yet. Thanks!

WOW! Let me think about it, the words with er or the sound é at the end could work.
I was never able to write a good poem, because I was never able to find good rhymes.
What yr poem is about?

yea yea i need HELP RIGHT NOW....can you translate this from english to french for me?...or i'll write what i can and you help me ...PLEASEY??

see we had to ask our partner's about there family...but i didn't have one * crys* so i did it on my self ...so here it is

Mon pere s'applle lius. Il a trente-cinq ans. Mon pere habiter en Montebello. Il travail a The postal Service.

Ma mere s'applle Tami. Elle a trente-sept ans. Ma mere habiter en Stanton. Elle travail a The postal service.

J'ai un frere. Mon Frere s'applle T.J. Il a dix-huit ans.

J'ai un soeur. Ma soeur a cinq ans.

jEn Jr. said:
yea yea i need HELP RIGHT NOW....can you translate this from english to french for me?...or i'll write what i can and you help me ...PLEASEY??

see we had to ask our partner's about there family...but i didn't have one * crys* so i did it on my self ...so here it is

Mon pere s'applle lius. Il a trente-cinq ans. Mon pere habiter en Montebello. Il travail a The postal Service.

Ma mere s'applle Tami. Elle a trente-sept ans. Ma mere habiter en Stanton. Elle travail a The postal service.

J'ai un frere. Mon Frere s'applle T.J. Il a dix-huit ans.

J'ai un soeur. Ma soeur a cinq ans.
[post="1226830"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Mon père s'appelle Lius. Il a trente-cinq ans. Mon père habite à Montebello. Il travaille au service postal.

Ma mère s'appelle Tami. Elle a trente-sept ans. Ma mère habite à Stanton. Elle travaille au service postal.

J'ai un frère. Mon frère s'appelle T.J. Il a dix-huit ans.

J'ai une soeur. Ma soeur a cinq ans.

blueangel said:
what about i think it's a good idea or i think the poll's right or... well, how do you know when to use which one?
[post="1226266"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Think and believe can be synonyms. They have the same meaning. You express an opinion when you use them.

So in the sentence you wrote, you can use believe or think.
But you should use "think" when you're sure about the opinion you express and "believe" when you are very sure about the opinion you express.

Hope it help.

tolkien said:
Think and believe can be synonyms. They have the same meaning. You express an opinion when you use them.

So in the sentence you wrote, you can use believe or think.
But you should use "think" when you're sure about the opinion you express and "believe" when you are very sure about the opinion you express.

Hope it help.
[post="1226845"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

okay so penser is for you think, as in you're not sure and the other's for it's an opinion and you really really believe in it..?

blueangel said:
okay so penser is for you think, as in you're not sure and the other's for it's an opinion and you really really believe in it..?
[post="1226880"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
They're is not a great difference between think and believe.
Think or believe = opinion. They introduce an opinion.

think: you're sure about your opinion.
Example. I think i can help you.
I should be able to help you
(Je suis probablement capable de t'aider).

Believe: you're more sure about your opinion
Example. I believe i can help you.
I must be able to help you.
(Je suis certaine de pouvoir t'aider)

tolkien said:
They're is not a great difference between think and believe.
Think or believe = opinion. They introduce an opinion.

think: you're sure about your opinion.
Example. I think i can help you.
I should be able to help you
(Je suis probablement capable de t'aider).

Believe: you're more sure about your opinion
Example. I believe i can help you.
I must be able to help you.
(Je suis certaine de pouvoir t'aider)
[post="1227071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hmmm *thinks about it* okay, i think i get it. thanks for explaining!

does anyone have a good trick on how to remember if it's 'ie' or 'ei' in treize and sieze (god i don't even know if i spelt them right)
i get numbers, it's just that one thing that i can't for the life of me remember to spell!

oh, and also: ok...

J'habite à Melbourne en Australia

what does à mean and what does en mean?

and last thing: à, aux, à la...

what's all that? like i know one is masculine, one is feminine, one is plural and one is for words beginning with vowels or 'h' but which is which?

thanks!

Back