Happily Ever After

Ok, here's the next chapter, enjoy!!!!

Chapter 14: A Big Decision

Sydney took off yet another day from work and went with vaughn to the JTF. She marched in proudly. She wore a black pants suit with a pink shirt and her boots. Vaughn wore his classic black suit with a blue tie.

Kendall was waiting for them in his office. The couple walked right on in, not even bothering to knock on the door.

Kendall looked up from his desk. "Good morning Agent Vaughn. Ms. Bristow."

"Morning." Sydney said, trying to sound as cheerful as possible.

She took a seat opposite kendall.

"I'm here for a reason, Kendall. Let me tell you my conditions. 1. I will be field rated, but i will only go on 2 operations each year. 2. I am free to leave whenever i feel like. 3. I will not be called in at ridiculous hours and will not be called in more than 3 times a week. 4. I will make at least $80,000 a year and will also make a $50,000 chirstmas bonus."

"$80,000 a year? Plus a $50,000 bonus? I'm afraid that that will be too much. The CIA cannot afford to spend that much just on employee's salaries. I'm afraid that can't be done."

"Well then, I'm afraid that I won't be able to come back. Those are my terms. I want them all clearly stated in a contract that both you and i will sign. If you want me back that is."

kendall groaned. "Fine. I'll be back in 5 minutes with a contract."

He left.

"Syd, are you sure you want to do this? I don't want you to be forced to agree."

"Vaughn, I'm tired of going to work, living a 'normal' life. My life will never be normal. I'm still looking over my shoulder, and i'm not seeing anyone. if i have to be looking over my shoulder, there might as well be someone to see. I miss the excitement. I miss my life as Agent Bristow."

"Alright. Now, if we're gonna get married, and in about a year or 2, if we're gonna have a family, don't you think that our kids will be wondering why you call me by my last name? Call me michael. i don't know how many times we've had this conversation before."

Sydney smiled. "Yeah, i can just see it now. 'Mommy, why do you call daddy vaughn?'."

Vaughn smiled.

Kendall came back in.

He sat back down, and placed a paper on the desk. "Ms. Bristow, your contract. Sign it and we'll be finished here."

Sydney gave him a look, and read everything over twice, ignoring kendall's angry glance and annoying habit of tapping on tables.

she picked up a pen and signed it. "Now that i'm back, I will be taking the next few days off. In case you haven't heard, Michael and i are getting married and will be spending a week in Hawaii before he leaves for Bangkok."

"Consider it done." He said, glad that she was back.

She nodded.

"Sydney, you will need to take a picture for you new badge. Everyone has new ID's." kendall told her.

"Alright. Give me a few minutes to fix my hair and apply some makeup."

Kendall rolled his eyes and left.

sydney went to the bathroom, leaving vaughn sitting alone.

She opened the door to the 2nd floor women's bathroom and went to the mirror. She fixed her 'California Cut' hair and after smoothing out her layered hair, she applyed some lipstick and redid her eyeshadow.

She went back to the room, and left her purse with vaughn before leaving once again to take a picture. Within 10 minutes, she was walking out of the Joint Task Force center with vaughn, her new badge in her purse.

she drove home, and began to pack for their honeymoon the day after tomorrow. She used all 3 suitcases that she had. They were all full of shoes and matching dresses.

She took a shower, and got ready for the rehearsal ceromony and dinner.

Loved that chapter!! Syd definitely knows what she wants and she'll do everything to get it!! Go girl! Although, I definitely think I would act the same way in her situation! Can't wait for the wedding and honeymoon!! :smiley:

Ok, after like over a month, here's a chapter! Enjoy!! And don't forget to read my other stories. See my sig for details!!

Chapter 15: Escape

Joey Smithson sat in his cramped, cold cell in the maximum-security prison in Los Angeles. He had heard that Sydney was marrying Michael Vaughn, her ex boyfriend. He had read his file before accepting his assignment. Joey knew that they had loved each other so much, that he wouldn’t be surprised if they were getting married the same day that he had planned to marry Sydney. He had to get out of this cell if he wanted to get his revenge. When he had chosen this assignment, he had no idea that he’d actually fall in love with Sydney Bristow. He had just assumed that it would be another assignment.

He had to stop it. He thought about other times when he had gotten caught. The only difference was that he was in the United States.

Joey faked a seizure, and almost immediately the guards came in. He disarmed them and took their guns, shooting out the cameras. A few minutes later, alarms began to sound and guards came after him. He found cover and shot them. Getting past the gates was a little more difficult. Joey had to do some hot wiring, but escaped.

“Stupid U.S. Government!” He thought. “There’s no snipers on the roofs!” Joey ran and ran until he shot out the window of a car and drove off.

As soon as Sydney had climbed into Vaughn’s car, both cells rang.

“We need you at operations now!” Kendall shouted into Sydney’s cell, while Dixon shouted into Vaughn’s cell.

They hung up.

“I told you!! I told you something like this would happen!” Sydney said.

“What are we supposed to do?” Vaughn asked.

“Let’s go do our duty.” Sydney said, sadly.

“You sure? I can just call them back and say we’re on our way to rehearsal.”

“No, it might be important.” Sydney replied and Vaughn turned in the other direction to HQ.

They were rushed into the conference room.

“This is footage from less than an hour ago at the maximum security prison 35 miles from here.” Kendall said and presses a button on the remote. The TV turned on and played the surveillance video from the prison. It showed Joey faking a seizure and the guards rushing in, only to be knocked out. The tape ended when he shot out the cameras.

“Sydney, Joey Smithson has escaped.” Kendall said.

Vaughn shot Sydney a nervous glance.

“How could he have escaped? He was placed under maximum security! He was in solitary!”

“It appears that he faked a seizure.”

“What’s being done?” Sydney asked.

“Since we have no idea where he’s going, we’ve got a team of choppers in the air, searching for him.”

“And what are we supposed to do? Go about our lives like nothing’s happened? In case you forgot, I was engaged to Smithson before I found out the truth. If he knows about our wedding tomorrow, he might show up and sabotage it.”

“We can’t confirm or deny the fact that Smithson knows of the wedding.”

“Well, you better get to work then! Because, I’m not going to stop aggravating you about it until you can. And I’m not talking about just saying yes he knows. I’m talking about providing me with evidence to support your answer.”

“How’s this then? I’ll instruct the NSA to add every word that could relate to a wedding on the Echelon watch list.”

Sydney gave him an angry glance. “I don’t know what your problem is with me! Ever since you flew in to interview me nearly five years ago, you’ve given me a rough time. Now, tell me, what is your problem?”

Kendall was silent.

Sydney and Vaughn got up, and arrived only fifteen minutes late for the rehearsals.

After going through the rehearsal dinner, and Weiss’s best man speech, Sydney wasn’t sure what would make this perfectly planned wedding even worse.

On the way home, Sydney thought up an idea.

“Maybe we should just elope.” She blurted out.

“If that’s what you want, I’m fine with that.”

“Are you sure?”

“Syd, let me tell you something. When I found out that you were gone, I kept praying to God to give me a second chance. I would have given anything to stop the fight. I would have gone through anything. I’m glad that I got that second chance. Just to be married to you will make me forever happy.”

Sydney smiled through tears.

“You know what else would make me really happy also?”

“What?” Sydney asked.

“In a few years, a mini me.”

Sydney lightly slapped his arm and they laughed.

“Eloping it is then?” Vaughn asked.

“Yup, eloping it is.”

Ok, I lost my PM List. If you didn't get a pm, sry. I know the following ppl got PMs

Alias Fan Gillian
uasydvaughngurl
jobi2372
Ms.MichaelVaughn
hannahb

If you didn't get a pm, sry! let me know if you need to be added to the list.

i am currently writing the next chapter.

my friend wanted me to make him the bad guy, so, i did. i told him what happens to his character, and he says, "I wanna escape!!!!!" SO, after stratigizing how he could escape, a teacher came up w/ the escape idea.

Chapter 16: Eloping

As soon as they arrived at their house, Vaughn got out his cell and started to pack.

“Where do you want to go?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I’ve planned this whole thing. You pick.”

“Ok.”

He started to dial and walked off into the living room.

Sydney tried to listen, but only heard a little.

“Yes…Honeymoon Suite…Yes…Great…We…10 Hours at the most…Thanks…Bye.”

Sydney went back to the room and started to pack.

“So, where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“Just a little hint?”

“Nope.”

“How am I supposed to know how to pack then?”

“Good point. I guess you’ll just have to not pack.”

“What am I supposed to wear then?”

“You’ll get new clothes when we land.”

“Oh, we’re flying huh?”

“Maybe.”

“Well, you’re gonna have to leave now.”

“Why?”

“Do you want more bad luck than we already have?”

Vaughn shook his head.
“Then you need to leave.”

Sydney packed up her dress very carefully and grabbed a pair of jeans, some dinner dresses, boots, sweaters, jewelry, and pajamas and placed them in the other suitcase along with her high heels and a bikini and a dress suit just in case.

Vaughn had gone back to his room and had started packing. He, of course, knew that they would be staying at the French Château that was on the Rivera. It would be perfect. No annoying parents or embarrassing best man speeches. Just him and Sydney and two witnesses and the priest on the beach. No worries. And best of all, no being called in at the worst possible moments.

You would think that being called in while you were using the rest room or were caught in traffic were the worst times, but being on your honeymoon? That was the worst possible time.

Sydney thought about calling her father and telling him, but quickly decided against it. Yes, her and her father had gotten closer over the years, and yes, he does have a right to know, but the question was, did Sydney want to ruin this opportunity? She placed her wedding dress in its bag and went to Vaughn’s room.

He was busy packing. She sat down on the bed and watched him. Packing had become practically second nature to both of them. Sydney looked away. She thought back to her first real mission, over a decade before. She was going to Paris. When Wilson, her boss back then, had told her the plane left in 30 minutes, she had thought that wasn’t enough time to get home, pack, and then go through security. He only smiled and said that SD-6 had provided her with clothes already packed.

On some operations, she only had less than an hour to pack and get to the plane. She knew what to pack in a hurry. And God knows that she knew what every corner of the Earth was like.

Vaughn shook her shoulder. “Hey, time to go.”

She blinked several times and nodded. Sydney carried her luggage out to the car and after loading it up, sat down in the passenger’s seat.

The ride to the airport was quick and ten minutes later, she was seated next to Vaughn on a private jet.

“Are you really not going to tell me where we’re going?” She asked.

“Yes, I am really not going to tell you. All I will tell you is that you will like going where we’re going, trust me.”

Sydney, who didn’t feel like arguing anymore, fell asleep.

What they didn’t know, was that Joey had tailed them home and using the bugs he had planted in Sydney’s car, had found out about the sudden change of plans. He had also tapped into the phone that Vaughn made the call from about their location and had a jet standing by to take him to Nice.

Back