Happily Ever After

Great chapters!! I was kind of surprised that Syd didn't have more of a shocked reaction to Sark (or should I say Eddie?) being her twin...

"Your first name is eddie? you killed people and your name is eddie?"
LMAO!!! You are too funny - you wrote exactly what I was thinking when he said his name was Eddie!! :lol:

Thanks for the PM - Post more soon!!

J. :D

Chapter 9: Vaughn's Proposal

"So, how was the vist?"

"Ok."

"Really, you look shocked."

"I am shocked. DOn't tell anyone, but me and sark are siblings."

"WHAT??????!!!!!!!" Vaughn screamed.

"Yes, it's true."

"Ok, then."

"I'll just drop you off at your house and then come back to pick you up for dinner around 5?" he asked.

"Ok, thanks."

vaughn drove her home and then went to his own house to get ready.

after rehearsing what to do in the mirror for 3 hours, he left to pick up sydney.

sydney looked amazing. she was wearing a strapless turqouise dress with heels and a necklace.

"WoW! you look amazing!" he said, as soon as she opened the door.

"Thank you. you look good to." she said.

"Let's go to the restuarant." he said, nervously.

"Are you ok, michael?" she asked, suddenly concerned.

"yeah, i'm fine."

the two got in the car and drove off.

when they arrived at the resturarant, vaughn was even more tense.

"what is it?" she asked.

"Nothing. just don't worry about me."

"Ok."

they sat down and they ordered. right before the food arrived, sydney left to go to the restroom.

"perfect." vaughn thought. "this is the perfect oppurtunity for me to drop the ring in her wine." without hesitation, he did so.

their food arrived and sydney continued to drink her wine until she felt something in her mouth. she pulled it out, gasping when she saw it.

"Oh my god, michael!"

"Sydney, i made the mistake of marrying alice. i don't want to miss another oppurtunity to marry you again. will you marry me?"

"YES!!!!!!!" sydney screamed.

they kissed.

"what about the wedding?" she asked.

"don't worry about it, we'll use the same wedding that you were planning as ours."

"oh, vaughn, this is too good to be true!!" she said

"I know."

"I love you so much, michael."

"I love you too."

"ok, so, now you've got 1 problem."

"and what is that. michael?"

"you have to decide whether to change your name or not."

"i already figured that one out a long time ago."

"Well?"

"I want to be known as sydney vaughn."

"If that's what you want."

"Oh, michael, i love my ring, but you didn't have to get it that big."

"you deserve it though, w/ all you've been through."

"We also have 1 more problem, syd."

"what?"

"am i gonna move in w/ you or are you moving in w/ me?"

"i was thinking whatever you want."

"well, i want to get away from my house as soon as possible."

"why?"

"too many bad alice moments."

"fine, my house is big enough for 5 people to live comfortably."

"5 people huh?"

"yup."

"It'll get filled up fast. we need 3 kids then."

"we haven't even gotten married and you're already thinking about us having kids?"

"yup."

"ok, then. tomorow you can start moving in."

"great!"

the couple ate in silence and then left.

vaughn drove his fiancce home, imagining what life w/ sydney bristow would be like.

"so, i'll be here to help you move in tomorow."

"thanks syd."

"for what?"

"for making me a very lucky guy."

he kissed her goodnight. one of their first kisses in over 2 years.

Loved it, loved it, loved it!! Have I mentioned that I loved it yet? :lol: Nervous Vaughn is sooooooo cute; as if he isn't cute enought already!! So glad that Syd said yes, although we all knew she would!! Can't wait to see what happens next! Just a thought, but is there anyway that you could provide a link to the chapters in the PMs? If not, that's cool, but it just makes accessing the stories easier! Laters!

did anyone notice that both joey and vaughn proposed when they dropped her engagment ring into some kind of food?

Chapter 10: Moving in

the next morning and immediately placed her ring on her finger.

today was the day that michael would move in w/ her. she couldn't wait.

she ate breakfast and changed into more comfortable clothes.

at 9:30, vaughn arrived w/ the first of his things.

"hello, honey." he greeted her.

"hey." she greeted him back.

"guess what?" he said.

"What?"

"i just came from the cia. yesturday was sloane's trial and he was convicted of more things than i can count and will die in 1 week."

"good. my goal has almost been acomplished. when danny died, i vowed to kill sloane. he's finally going to die."

she saw the look of jealousy in his eyes. "if danny hadn't died, i wouldn't have ever met my husband, and i wouldn't ever had found out the truth about sd-6."

"syd."

"What? it true."

"ok, but do you have to put it in that way?"

"in 5 days, we're getting married!"

"yup, so we need to move everything in here today!"

moving the furniture was backbreaking work. it took them 5 hours.

"Is this the last thing?"

"yeah."

"god, vaughn. i didn't realize you had so much stuff."

"i didn't realize that the day you walked into my office w/ that ridiculous red hair and bloody mouth that you would be my wife."

"i didn't realize that when i walked into your office, that you'd be so stubborn."

"hah, hah, hah. that's so funny, syd." he said sarcasticly.

"well, all this moving furniture has made me hungry. are you hunrgry too?" she asked him.

"Yup, i'm starved."

"ok, then. i'm gonna go make some sandwiches."

a few minutes later, their food was ready.

vaughn gulped everything down.

"god, you weren't kidding when you said you weer starving."

"would i ever lie to you?"

"you havent yet. that must have been hard for you. working for the cia and all."

"you worked for them too."

"yes, and i had to lie to you too. remember about dixon's tests?"

"yeah, but you were honest enough to admit it."

"and you were understanding enough to forgive me."

"ok, forget about the past. we've got 5 days before we get married, and we still have stuff to do."

"oh my god!"

"what?"

"I realized that no one knows we're engaged. everyone thinks that the wedding's off."

"call up your dad."

"you want me to call up my dad? my dad's the most difficult person to talk to. let him wait until he gets the invitation."

"if that's what you want. but by the time everyone gets the invitations, the wedding will be like the very next day. i'll personally deliver them."

"you will? thanks!"

"hey, its my wedding too!"

"We still need to get the wedding bands."

"shall we go shower and change and then go and get them?"

"great idea!"

"I'll go to my house and then meet you back here."

"there's no need to. do you remember when we first started dating? i let you have a drawer of mine. you kept 2 changes of clothes. when i moved, i didn't want to throw them away, and i didn't want to talk to you about stopping by and picking them up, so i just kept them. you still have a special drawer all to yourself. that way, you wont have to go back to that empty house of yours. tonight after we pick up those rings, we can stop by and get your other clothes."

"ok, i can't believe you kept that drawer reserved only for my clothes. after nearly 3 years."

"i guess i had a small hope that would somehow not be married to alice and come back to me. i was right."

"you go first and then i'll go/

"ok."

"sydney went off to take a quick shower and got dressed in a tshirt and jeans.

vaughn went in next and soon they were both done.

"should we go in your car or mine?"

"yours is way better than that ugly cia focus. yours."

"Ok, you wanna drive?"

"yeah! i haven't driven a car like that since high school!"

She tossed him the keys and climbed in.

vaughn drove to the mall.

they parked and went to Baily banks and biddle.

"oh, mr. vaughn!" mary exclaimed.

"hey, mary. i was wondering if we could have a look at wedding bands?"

"i see your girl has said yes. right this way."

she led them to a counter full of wedding bands.

"let me know which ones you want me to take out."

sydney pointed at one and said, "that one, 4th from the left, 7th from the top."

vaughn gasped as sydney said that. "Over 4, up 7. 47!!"

mary unlocked the sliding glass paneland got the matching rings out. they both tried them on. they were both a perfect fit.

"I think we'll take these." they said together.

"ok, then. right this way." she led them to a cash register.

they paid for the rings and left.

vaughn drove to his old home, now weiss's.

weiss and vaughn were roomates before the 'ice queen' as weiss had called alice, married vaughn. he told sydney that alice had nearly forced him out of the house. he was forced to live w/ his parents. somthing that he didn't want to do. now that vaughn had told him he was moving out, he was moving in again.

vaughn had called eric in advance to tell him that he and sydney would be stopping by to pick up vaughn's stuff.

vaughn drove up to the driveway amd he and his wife-to-be got off.

"wow! man! what's up w/ you?"

"what do you mean?"

"first you divorce 'ice queen' then you say you're moving out and now you show up her w/ sydney?" he noticed the huge ring on sydney's finger. "What? are you 2 engaged?" sydney told him what had happened. "so, i guess that the wedding's still on? same bride, different groom. i can't say that she made much of an improvement though." he joked.

"Listen, eric. i came by here to get my stuff, not to be insulted by my friend and would be bestman. Now, do you have the boxes like you said you would?"

"yes."

weiss motioned to a room w/ a light on.

"i'll go and get it for you."

"thanks, i would appreciate that."

weiss left to get the boxes.

when they finally loaded everything into the car, it was almost 30 minutes later.

they drove off to their new home.

"i'm tired." sydney complained.

"Well, it's not like san fansico's just 5 minutes from LA. i'm tired too. i'm glad we managed to get everything moved in. tomorow, i'll stop by the office w/ you, and we can announce it to everyone together. we should also thank sloane."

"thank sloane for what?????????"

"For causing us to meet."

"do you think that's a good idea? coinsidering he could try and break out and kill us?"

"who could escape w/ miller watching them?"

"i don't know. let's tell him. i'd love to see the look on his face when he hears that."

when they finally arrived home, it was very late.

"i know that even though we're engaged, it wouldn't be right for us to sleep together again until the day we're married." sydney said.

"don't worry about it. i'm just glad i have a place to sleep. i'm so tired."

"good night, michael."

"good night syd."

he kissed her good night and went to the guest bedroom where everything of his was.

sydney went to bed, feeling happy for what had been the first time in nearly 3 years.

once again, the last thing on vaughn's mind when he feel asleep, was sydney. it had always been like that since the day they had met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, here are some clues from the next chapter, an unpleasant visitor from the past.

WORDS:

old fiance, syd faints, vaughn meets someone that supposedly died, 5 years back

Chapter 13: An Unpleasant Vistor From the Past

Sydney got up, took a quick showe, and started cooking a special breakfast for 2. pancakes and orange juice was on the menu today.

"Ummm! What smells so good?" Vaughn asked.

"Oh, that's something called breakfast. it's what you eat in the morning, you know? Right before lunch."

"very funny, syd."

"Eat, and hurry up! I want to go to the CIA ASAP today. remember?"

"Ok, i'll just eat and take a shower, and then we'll go."

"ok."

Vaughn finished eating and left to take a shower.

sydney began to clear up the table and the doorbell rang.

"That's odd." sydney said out loud.

"I never get any visitors or packages."

As soon as sydney opened the door, she fainted.

it was noah. he looked older, but it was definetly noah.

vaughn was just coming out of the shower when he heard the loud thump. he had called out her name several times to make sure that she was ok, but had gotten no answer. he finally got worried and went to the kitchen. only to find sydney unconsious and and a stranger in the kitchen. he went back to his bedroom and pulled out his gun. he crept back to the kitchen and held the person at gunpoint.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

"I'm Noah Hicks. I'm here to see sydney. I was told she lived here. But i didn't know she had a relative over."

"I;m not her relative. i'm here fiancee. get out now or i'll call the cops on you for breaking and entering and tresspassing."

"Who are you?"

"I'm michael vaughn, sydney's fiancee."

"Her fiancee?"

"Yes!"

"She left me."

"No, she didn't. you left her. you died."

"What do you know about project helix?"

"Oh, no. You haven't been doubled, have you?"

"Yes. You see, when i went to that guy's house, i planned on killing the real double. i was approached by the u.s. government. they told me the truth about SD-6, and i went to work for them. I ran when ever sydney killed the real double. i thought she wouldn't believe me. i just wanted what was best for her. nice to meet you by the way. good luck w/ everything. tell syd what i said to you. oh, and what are you two doing now?"

"Sydney took down the allicance almost 3 years ago. since then, she's been working for the CIA. until 3 years ago, when she went missing for 2 years. she's now a teacher. when she went to the cia for help, about 5 years ago, she was assigned a handler. i was her handler. i still work for the cia. sloane's gonna be executed next week. you should go. nice meeting you. and if you want, you're more than welcome at the wedding, it's in 4 days. st. mary's church."

sydney woke up just then.

she was relived when she saw both men unharmed. noah was leaving and sydney was shocked.

"Syd, i invited noah to the wedding. is that ok?"

"If you want. how the heck can he even be alive?"

Vaughn told her what noah had told him.

"Oh my god!! Why is it that everyone i know has been doubled? you aren't doubled are you? because if you are, i'm gonna go crazy!!"

"Relax!! I'm not a victim of project helix!! now, are we going to announce this wedding or not?"

"let's go!"

the 2 drove to CIA HQ and got off.

once inside, they said, "everyone? we have an announcement to make. we're getting married in less than a week!"

everyone jumped w/ joy.

"everyone is invited. including all of you senior officers who have no personality!"

everyone laughed at that one.

"everyone is invited. including all of you senior officers who have no personality!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: This line totally cracked me up!! Noah showing up was definitely a surprise; Syd was definitely right on the money when she asked Vaughn if everyone was a double!! That was so nice of Vaughn to invite Noah to the wedding! :smiley: Can't wait for the wedding and everything to follow! :smiley:

well, i had orginally written the story w/ danny coming back. but, since danny comes back in my other story (the perfect life) i wanted something different. i wrote 12 chapters of this story over the summer when we didn't know what would happen, who he married, that sorta stuff. i just fininshed writting chapter 13 yesturday, so, here's the next chapter!!

Chapter 12: A Chat With The Devil

they proceeded down to sloane's cell and were checked for any weapons they might be carrying and then were premitted to talk to the prisoner.

"Sloane." Sydney didn't even bother w/ the hellos. he certainly didn't deserve one w/ all of the bad he's done.

"Sydney, what do you want?"

Vaughn spoke up.

"We want to thank you."

"Whatever for?"

"For causing us to meet. we're now getting married."

sloane's face went very pale.

"See ya later!" the couple said to the prisoner.

they walked out of the JTF and walked back to the parking garage.

"syd, i just realiezed i don't have a tux."

"how about you drop me off at the house, and you get it."

"You're worried aren't you?" he asked, concerened.

"Yes."

"why?"

"Because every single time things start getting good, something bad happenes and everything goes downhill."

"That won't happen this time."

"ok."

he pulled up to the large house and sydnye got off.

vaughn blew her a kiss and sped off. sydney opened the door and walked into the kitchen. she was starteled to find noah there.

"hey." he greeted her.

"Hey. i thought you left."

"I did. but i came back to talk to you."

"About what?" she asked, pulling a chair to sit down in.

"Just everything that's happend."

"are you mad at me?"

"No! I know that you thought you killed me. you moved on w/ your life. and that's something that wonderful."

"Ok."

"Michael seems like a great guy."

"He said the same thing about you."

"Do you want me at the wedding?"

"YES!!!! You were my only friend when i was a trainee. i remember my mission test. i had burned my hands, you bandaged them for me. I remember our first mission to paris. i remember when i went on my first solo mission. i remember hawaii, our first kiss. i remember when we thought wilson was a double. i remember you as a janitor."

"Ok, i'm coming then."

they smiled, remembering the horrible navy blue janitor outfit noah had worn during one of sydney's first missions at SD-6.

"So, you've been good?" he asked.

"yeah. i'm out of the spy life."

"so, if you don't mind, what exactly made you a double agent? and you never told me about your mother."

sydney took a deep breath. "About 7 months before you came back, when i didn't know the truth about SD-6, i was engaged to this guy, Danny. I told him that i worked for SD-6. secruity section found out, they killed him. my dad told me the truth. i went to taipei where the rambaldi device was that sloane wanted. i gained back his trust, and went to the cia."

Sydney wiped away a tear.

"Syd, i'm sorry."

"My mother, i thought she had died in a car crash. i was wrong. she faked her death, she was KGB. she was sent her to marry my dad and gain info on a project he was developing for the cia, project chirstmas. it trained children to be american spies when they were 6. i was the first kid to be tested. that's why, it might have seemed i advanced quickly through training. i had already learned all of this stuff. my dad erased my memory of that after he found out it worked. i just learned it about 4 years ago."

noah sighed. "gosh."

"So, what do you wanna talk about?"

"I don't know."

"Where are you staying?"

"rental car."

"WHAT???"

"i sleep in a rental car that i rented."

"Noah, if you need a place, i can let you stay here."

"syd, i'm fine! I don't want to intrude."

"you won't be."

"syd, i'll be fine by myself."

"Noah, i would love it if you would stay for dinner tonight. i was going to invite some of michael and i's friends. Michael is inviting his ex-wife. you might like her."

noah smiled.

"alright! i'll stay for dinner. you win!"

sydney smiled.

Vaughn came in.

"Hey!!" sydney said.

"Hey syd!" he said and kissed her.

noah came out just as they kissed.

"noah's staying for dinner." she told him

"great!" vaughn said.

Sydney went to the phone, and after 30 minutes, had called weiss, marshall, carrie, jack, dixon, and denise vaughn. vaughn came to the phone, and called alice.

everyone accepted the inivtation.

sydney started to trim the fat off of the steak and vaughn started making the side dishes. noah showered and went to his car to get his suitcase. sydney showered and changed into a fall dress w/ her black boots. vaughn changed into jeans and a sweater.

everyone arrived at 5.

Sydney and vaughn greeted everyone and explained to their fellow agents about noah. noah greeted everyone as well. he noticed alice almost immediatly. he smiled at sydney.

he walked over to alice and started talking to her. she smiled and replied.

weiss came over to sydney and vauhgn. "you just had to invite ice queen!" he said

"yes, we did. but we also invited my sister, denise." vaughn replied.

weiss smiled and turned around and found denise talking to carrie. weiss had had the biggest crush on denise since vaughn and weiss had first became friends in high school.

carrie walked off to marshall, leaving denise alone.

marshall and carrie had gotten married over sydney's absence. carrie was expecting their first child in less than a month.

sydney smiled, she walked over to the stereo and turned on a cd. everyone started dancing.

vaughn took sydney to the middle of the room, and they began to dance.

"sydney" he whispered into her ear.

"yeah."

"Look over at noah."

she did. he was dancing w/ alice.

sydney smiled.

"look over at weiss."

she did, weiss and denise were dancing also.

sydney smiled.

"See? this was your idea. look how happy everyone is because of you."

sydney smiled, feeling happier than she had before she and vaughn were engaged.

Ok, here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Chapter 13: Talks About the Future

Sydney and vaughn washed all of the dishes with noah's help even though sydney insisted on not letting him do any work.

They finsished and got ready for bed. Noah, sleeping in the second guest bedroom, vaughn in the first guest bedroom, and sydney in the master.

Sydney woke up, took a shower in her large bathroom, and changed into a pale pink suit. She would be going in late, but there was a sub that could handle the students until she got there. She had already missed a coupld of days. The university didn't mind though.

she walked to the kitchen where vaughn was already dressed in a suit and tie, he was reading the newspaper.

"Hey, morning, syd."

"Morning." she leaned over and kissed him.

"Have you heard from Noah today?"

"No, why?"

"Well, its almost noon, and he hasn't opened the door yet."

Sydney looked worried. "I'm sure he just had a little too much to drink last night at the party." she said, still worried.

"I think we should go check on him." vaughn said.

sydeny nodded. they walked to noah's room and knocked. no answer.

"Noah? Are you in there?" No reply. "Noah, we're coming in."

they opened the door, and the room was empty.

there was a note on the pillow.

Syd and Michael-

I am sorry to have to leave like this. I just couldn't stay here. I don't want to seem ungreatful. I don't think it would be right to intrude on your wedding. Syd, you know how we felt about each other when we first dated when you were a trainee, and when i came back. that's gone now, but it will be back. Michael, i thank you for introducing me to alice. I think we could actually have a future together. Syd, Michael, you 2 will make the perfect couple, i know that for a fact.

Syd, you have my cell, it's the same number as when you were a trainee.

Wishing you 2 the best,

Noah Hicks

Sydney turned to vaughn and showed him the note.

"Syd, not to be rude or anything, but we should really be going to work now."

"I know, its just weird."

"what?"

"He's done this before. left in the middle of the night, its just like him. i don't know what to do now. you're right, we should be going to work."

"Syd, look at me." Vaughn said, and spun her around by her shoulders.

"Syd, Noah's gonna be fine. He can handle himself."

"I know."

"ok, now, lets go to work."

Sydney grabbed her keys and went to her car. vaughn's car was parked alongside hers.

"Bye, syd." he said.

"Bye, michael. Have a good day."

"You too." he kissed her.

she smiled and climbed behind the wheel.

10 minutes later, she parked at the university and got off. she walked through the empty classroom, glancing at the clock. 5 minutes to get ready before students come in.

she set her purse and bag down and went to her office.

she grabbed her notebook and went back to her podium where she would teach the lesson today.

5 minutes later, students were seated and were waiting quietly for the lesson to begin.

"Now that i'm back, we will finish off our chapter in Greek mythology and its roles in literature. Any comments, questions, concerns?"

Some one raised their hand.

"Yes, Janet?" sydney said.

"Where were you, and why do you have a glow on your face?"

sydney froze. "I was busy taking care of some personal matters. And there is NO glow." she said.

"YES THERE IS!" the class screamed at her.

"No there's not!" she said, using her left hand to put the hair that had fallen out from behind her ear back behind her ear. Biggest mistake, she thought.

"Prof. Bristow, you're engaged!!" Janet shouted.

sydney blushed. "yes, i am."

"Who?" said another student named johnathan.

"Michael Vaughn. He was my ex boyfriend but, we got back together and have decided to get married." she said, smiling.

"Congratulations!!" everyone said.

"Thanks."

"WHat happened to Prof. Smithson?" Janet asked.

Sydney sighed. "Something came up. Now, your test will be in 2 weeks. I, unfortunetly will not be here. I will be on my honeymoon."

"Prof. Bristow? What happened?"

Sydney sighed. Janet was one of her nosiest students. "Janet Orane, That is none of your buisness. I said something came up and that's exactly what happened. Now, I don't know if you're keeping tabs on my personal life, but that's all the info on my life that you will get. Now, if you would kindly drop the subject, we can get started today." sydney said, somewhat angry.

she paused and after a few seconds, she continued. "I hope that everyone's contined to study, because, as a gift to my students, you have a quiz today!" she said.

Everyone groaned.

Sydney passed out the quizzes and sat down in her desk. she looked up, and saw janet passing a note. She cleared her throat and walked to janet's desk. she was busy bubbleing in her answers, and sydney, after almost a decade as a spy, had completely mastered sneaking up on people.

She cleared her throat again. janet looked up.

"janet, tell me, were you passing a note."

she looked nervous. "No, ma'am. I know that you forbid that, and so, naturally, i wouldn't do that."

"Really? Then what was the piece of paper that Amy just passed to you?"

"What piece of paper?"

"Empty out your pockets please?"

she did, and there was a small piece of notebook paper.

Sydney picked it up, and opened it.

Amy-

I can't believe how rude bristow is today! Whats her prob? I hope she leaves! By the way, whats the answer to # 17 and 14?

"So, not only were you cheating, you were also disrespectful, and broke one of my rules?"

"What is your problem today?"

"Excuse me?"

"I think you heard me!"

"Janet, who the heck do you think you are, talking to me like that??"

"I can talk to you however i feel like!"

SYdney was ready to punch her in the face.

"Ok, so, i guess you won't have a problem talking to the head administrator?"

She looked worried now.

"I'll take that as a no. Now, i hear Mr. Vesussci can be as tough as i can. shall we?"

She dragged janet out of the room, and outside to the administrative building.

she knocked on Mr. Vesussci's door twice, and barged in.

"Sydney? what brings you here today?"

"well, Anothony, I caught janet here, cheating on a quiz, and passing notes."

She made janet sit down, and left to go back to her class.

4 hours later, sydney was unloading the bags of groceries as vaughn pulled in.

she finished, and went into the kitchen.

vaughn was sitting down on the couch, watching a hockey game on TV.

She smiled.

"HEy, i don't even get a hello from you?" she asked

"SHHHHH!!!! Be quiet!! Wait till the next commercial!!" he said.

Sydney went to her room, got out a pair of jeans, and found a kings jersey she had gotten before she and vaughn had started dating.

She walked back to the family room, and sat down beside vaughn. he didn't even take his eyes off of the screen for second.

Sydney waited, and after 15 minutes, there was a commercial.

"Hey." vaughn said.

she kissed him, "hey."

"how was your day?" he asked.

She opened the note up, and showed it to him. he smiled.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"good, but as soon as we get back from our honeymoon, i've got to fly to bangkok."

Sydney sighed.

"Do you mind?" he asked.

"Yes and no. I don't care where you have to go, i understand how this job requires you to travel. But, please, just be careful."

"I always am."

"So, who's winning?"

"Kings, 17 to 4."

"Good."

"The agency wants you back."

Sydney looked at the floor. "Why should i come back?"

"Syd, you know that the cia hasn't been as sucessful as it was when you were there."

"I know, but why should i come back? I finally get the chance after almost a decade in this buisness to leave, and i leave. now, they want me back! You know what i'm thinking about? All of the missions i went on, all the times i risked my life to get a piece of paper that was just going to be thrown in a vault, if i was lucky, or an artifact that would get stolen or just to get pictures of something. I'm thinking about all the things that joining the cia's done to me. it cost me 2 years of my life!"

"Kendall's made it very clear that they will agree to almost everything. You'll be paid as much as you want, as many missions as you want, and you're free to go when you want to leave."

sydney nodded.

"I don't know." she said.

"Syd, i know you miss the excitement of a mission completed, the thrill it gives you, knowing that you kept something away from the bad guys."

"Vaughn, i spent almost a thrid of my life slaving for sd-6 and the cia. I'm not so sure i want to do that again."

"Sydney, please, everyone misses you."

"That's not the point."

"Just come in w/ me tomorow, and kendall will sign a contract w/ all of the agreements in it, and you decide."

"Fine!"

he smiled, and she went to the kitchen.

Back