Home to Stay

Sydney gave a slight whimpering sigh. He was making it impossible for her to say no. “I’m not… I’m not the kinda girl that’s going to be your trophy, you know? I’m not going to dangle on your arm, smile like a fool and wait for everyone to worship me. I’m not a Barbie.”

He smiled, laughing softly. “Well, that’s good, because I don’t want a Barbie. I want you. Jeans and dark colors, dimpled smile, art student, you. Because even though you try to be invisible,” he paused and lowered the volume of his voice slightly, “I can still see you.”
Awesome update :lol: Can't wait for more.

Could he be any more perfect after those last lines? I don't think so.

I had wondered what had happened immediately after the dance.
We obviously knew they continued to see each other.
It seems that Sydney did not remain invisible and was occasionally
part of the center of attention because of the photos in the year book.

Awww...that so made me feel good...because it was written so well, and when my ships are fluffy and written well, it makes me feel good...so thanks! I loved it, as always.

the last sentences of the chapter are like sooo cute !! Michael is so sweet !!
i can totally understant why this fic is your fav !! i really enjoy reading it !! and i like the flashbacks !!

Yep, my theory is correct. Sydney is very uncomfortable being around the 'public' Michael Vaughn, she doesn't like being in the center of attention (whether it be by herself or as an extension of him). It was that way in high school and it's still that way now that he's a big movie star.

Chris

He smiled, laughing softly. “Well, that’s good, because I don’t want a Barbie. I want you. Jeans and dark colors, dimpled smile, art student, you. Because even though you try to be invisible,” he paused and lowered the volume of his voice slightly, “I can still see you.”
Awww... I felt so bad for Sydney during her school day... It's sad that what happened would probably happen in a high school. But I"m so glad that Michael got a chance to explain. Loved that last line. :love: :love:

Great chapter.

awww this was a great great great great chapter. loved the end!

god you're good! that was soo amazing! i was eating when i read the part about them kissing in the cafeteria, and i literally slowed down my chewing as i was reading what was happening! SO GOOD!

aWwWwW that is like the sweetest line ever. awww :(
can't wait for moree :smiley:

Aww that was soo cute!!!
-Vaughn's little speech was soo sweet!!
I'm glad he didn't listen to his friends..and I'm glad Syd let him explain!!
-Great update!! LOVED it!!

Back