Home to Stay

Chapter 25

-June, 2006-

“Ohhhhh, I can’t believe you leave in four days,” Sydney groaned. She let the script she was holding fall onto the bed beside her as she crawled up to the head of the bed, where Michael was resting against the headboard. “I don’t want you to go,” she frowned.

He leaned over and kissed her gently. “I know, but it won’t be that long.”

“That long! You’re filming for two whole months!” she exclaimed.

“Yeah. And I won’t ever see you in that time,” he rolled his eyes.

“I know,” she sighed. “But it’s not the same as having you here, beside me allllll the time,” she said. Now that they were living together (despite his occasional slob-like behaviors) she never wanted to be separated from him again, especially not separated by an entire country for so long.

“I know,” he nodded, agreeing. He didn’t want to be apart from her either, but short of dragging her with him to California in his suitcase, it was an unavoidable condition of his job. “It’ll be okay though, I promise. Can we just go through that last scene once more before we go to bed? Please?”

She nodded and crawled back to the discarded script. For the previous two hours they had been running through the lines of the scenes he would be filming the following week. It had become common practice for them to do this prior to every one of Michael’s performances since they got together as a romantic couple. He’d sit with his back against the headboard of one of their beds; she’d sit at the opposite end of the bed facing him.

She would then proceed to read through the lines of all the people in the scene, except Michael’s of course, since he would say those. The first time through she’d always stumble over some of the words and then correct him if he said something wrong. By the third time around, though, she was using voice inflections in the lines she was reading and attempting to act it out, but minimally so, for on several occasions her overacting the lines caused them both to burst out into hysterical laughter.

“Okay,” she sighed, flipping back two pages in the script. “Scene: Interior of Simon Patterson’s house. He’s making dinner when the doorbell rings,” she paused to clear her throat before reading the first line spoken by the character Amy Hawthorne, the love interest turned murderer in the film. In the scene they were about to read, Amy visits Simon, trying to entice him to go out on a date with her shortly after their first meeting.

“Hi, I was wondering-”

“What are you doing here?” Michael/Simon cut her off.

“Well, I just wanted to see-”

“How did you find me?”

“Boy, you sound awfully paranoid.”

“I’m not paranoid. What do you want?”

“I just wanted to ask you to dinner, alright? I’ll leave if I’m bothering you that much… I’ll just leave….”

“Wait, I mean… dinner…yeah, that’s felgercarb. Line?” he groaned.

“Dinner sounds good, I mean, if you wanna,” she told him.

“Oh right, okay, keep going,” he sighed. They continued through the scene and Michael only made one more mistake, which was a vast improvement over the previous time they had gone through it.

“You know,” Sydney sighed, setting down the script once they were done, “This Amy chick really creeps me out. Do you know who’s playing her?”

“Uh, I know her name…something Franklin… but I don’t know who she is and I’ve never heard of her before,” Michael said, shrugging slightly.

“I’ll look her up on the internet at work tomorrow,” Sydney assured him with a smile. He laughed softly before sliding off the bed and walking into the bathroom. Sydney cleaned up the mess of pillows and blankets that had been surrounding them before crawling into bed.

“Hey Syd, can I ask you something?” Michael asked, poking his head into the bedroom, toothbrush dangling from his mouth. Sydney nodded, laughing slightly. He returned to the bathroom briefly before emerging toothbrush free and asking, “Will you come to the premiere of Vindicated in New York City with me?”

Sydney’s heart sank slightly. “Oh Michael, I don’t know….I mean, I want to go and see the movie but… premieres have all those cameras…,” she cringed slightly.

“And you’d look beautiful in any picture they took of you,” he told her with a smile. She blushed slightly and looked down towards her lap. “I won’t be upset if you don’t go… I won’t,” he assured her once she gave him a cautious glance. “I can’t blame you for not wanting to be blinded by a million flashbulbs at once… I was just offering and I would be happy to take you should you want to go.”

“Can I think about it?” she asked cautiously.

“Of course,” he nodded. “It’s not until July second.”

She nodded and slid down into bed as he did the same. “What are premieres like?”

“Well…there’s lots of cameras, like I said… lots of different actors coming to see the movie… depending on what it is, of course. And there are reporters who ask you questions about the film and your upcoming projects… and then you go inside and everyone gets to watch the movie and, of course, I walk out during my scenes,” he told her, laughing slightly.

“You’re so pathetic,” she laughed.

“Oh yeah, what would you do if your face was fifty feet high?” he challenged, raising an eyebrow.

“Cry,” she responded with a laugh.

“Exactly. Anyway, then after it’s over you go to a party type thing and just mingle. It’s just… it is what it is. All the more reason for you to come and see what it’s like, Missy,” he said, poking her arm lightly.

She giggled. “Yeah, yeah. I’ll think about it.” She sighed and rested her head against his shoulder while reaching down, taking his hand and lacing their fingers together. In her mind, she was arguing about the pros and cons of going to the premiere of Michael’s movie. On the pro side, it was a once in a lifetime experience and she wanted to be there to support him. In addition, the fact that it was in New York meant she could make it there and back quickly. Thus, most likely having to miss only one day of work, if that. On the con side - the slightly bigger side – was the publicity the premiere would bring. She wasn’t sure if she could handle all those cameras and strange people without having a panic attack. Luckily though, she had some time to think about it before making her final decision.

“Hey Michael?” she began softly after about ten minutes of silence. He grunted. “Do you ever think about the future? I mean… are you going to act forever?”

“Forever?” he laughed. “Have you seen my movies, Syd? I doubt I’m the kind of actor that’s going to be still working decades from now.”

“Michael, don’t say that; you’re fabulous.”

“You have to say that, you’re my biggest fan,” he said, laughing slightly. She elbowed him lightly. “Nah… I dunno, Syd. I doubt my career will last that long, I mean… I dunno. Plus, I can’t live in Hollywood forever. The atmosphere is just too stressful and… self-absorbed. I wouldn’t make it. Careers are so volatile out there… you never know when your next part will come or if it will,” he sighed. Then, after a few moment pause he said softly, “The only thing I know for sure about my future is that you’re in it.”

Sydney’s heart leapt into her chest at his comment. She knew he was an actor and was trained to deliver a line, but he never ceased to amaze her at the fact that he could bring her practically to tears with just his words. She leaned up and kissed his cheek gently before settling back down and hugging him tightly as she drifted off to sleep.

YAY!

I haven't been on here in forever....you know I still keep up with the stories though. :smiley: I will begin to relearn the habit of checking this site daily.

“Hey Michael?” she began softly after about ten minutes of silence. He grunted. “Do you ever think about the future? I mean… are you going to act forever?”

“Forever?” he laughed. “Have you seen my movies, Syd? I doubt I’m the kind of actor that’s going to be still working decades from now.”

“Michael, don’t say that; you’re fabulous.”

“You have to say that, you’re my biggest fan,” he said, laughing slightly. She elbowed him lightly. “Nah… I dunno, Syd. I doubt my career will last that long, I mean… I dunno. Plus, I can’t live in Hollywood forever. The atmosphere is just too stressful and… self-absorbed. I wouldn’t make it. Careers are so volatile out there… you never know when your next part will come or if it will,” he sighed. Then, after a few moment pause he said softly, “The only thing I know for sure about my future is that you’re in it.”

Sydney’s heart leapt into her chest at his comment. She knew he was an actor and was trained to deliver a line, but he never ceased to amaze her at the fact that he could bring her practically to tears with just his words. She leaned up and kissed his cheek gently before settling back down and hugging him tightly as she drifted off to sleep.
Awwsome update :lol: Can't wait for more.

Awww :love: So cute. Syd should go to the premiere with Vaughn. I have a feeling the actress whose last name Vaughn said was Franklin was his ex or something. Great update.

-erin :smiley:

“Uh, I know her name…something Franklin… but I don’t know who she is and I’ve never heard of her before,” Michael said, shrugging slightly.

I have a suspicion that this chick is going to try and use Michael to get ahead. Most likely, by leaking stories out that they're a couple. She may even try to make reality out of fiction.

I think Sydney needs to go to that premiere. I know she'll have to fight her insecurity about being thrown into the center of attention. But if my theory is right about a young, female wanna-be is true, Sydney will want the world to know Michael is hers.

Chris

:woot:

Fluff!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

She could always go to the premier with him but not walk the red carpet with him. She could go in ahead of him and the cameras wouldn't focus on her since they don't know who she is or who she is with. Then Michael would walk the red carpet and do the interviews without them knowing who his date is.

Like some others said, I wonder if his unknown co-star will try to cause some problems.

Back