Season 2 Il Dire: The Telling

Yeah, if sloane hasn't seen Page 47 then he obviously doesn't know about Sydney's importance in his journey....unless of course it was on the paper that the monk showed him....

AliasALIAS said:
If he does not know that Sydney is the "chosen one", then why would he need Jack? And if he does know, perhaps from the newly acquired manuscript, what will he do to stop Sydney?
A new thought came to mind. Sloane said to Jack (not an exact quote), "Sydney will no longer be a pawn in our ventures." This would lead me to believe that he does not know about Sydney, but I can't be too sure.
ack! I forgot about that. well, now I'll just have to mull over it for a while. ^_^

but, my first thought is that his motives for contacting Jack have nothing to do with Sydney. But then why?

jack is obviously a key player in which Sloane knows this and he must get Jack's cooperation as quickly as possible so that Sloane can continue his Rambaldi discoveries!

good point...never, except to Irina somewhat....and jack was the one who disappointed Sloane by staying with the CIA instead of SD-6

AliasALIAS said:
Sydney has a brawl with Francie. Sydney, near death, wakes up. It is two years later. Sydney is alive. Will, too, is alive after being stabbed by Francie.

[ . . . ]

Vaughn seemed to have made a clue that Sydney saved him. How did Sydney save him? Maybe Sydney used Il Dire to save him. Maybe unintentionally, unconsciously. It could have been Irina that used the device on Sydney.

I think you're on to something. The Rimbaldi device probably isn't a time machine or a weapon of mass destruction, etc. It's a resurrection machine, giving life to the dead. The Catholic Church executed Rimbaldi for "heresy," not for inventing a machine for Spontaneous Human Combustion. A resurrection device would provide the necessary theological threat to justify such a charge.

Will Tippen should have been dead and probably did die. When I relive the awful scene when Francie/Allison stabbed him with a large butcher knife in the gut, I have no doubt that he was dead by the time he hit the floor. So how's he back to life? The Rimbaldi device.

Francie/Allison is also probably still alive. Look what her character development in the last episode: she now has a real name, a history, a love-complication with Sark, a desire to return to her former self, and even a bit of a conscience (but not enough of one) at killing Will. When Sidney shot Francie, the shots did not hit the head or the heart area. It looked like they hit Francie's shoulder or upper chest, but not the vital organs. Vaughn never told Sidney that "Francie" was dead. I think the episode was crafted to permit fake Francie to reappear later.

But what about that scar? Probably not a healed wound from the broken glass, and more likely a tissue sample that is essential for regeneration and cellular regrowth. Sidney is now necessary to Sloan, which is why he reassures Jack about her. Sloan had previously promised Sidney that he would kill her, but since his visit to the monastery, he now realizes that Sidney's life (or at least her DNA or something) is an essential component to the Rimbaldi resurrection device.

The danger of Sloan acquiring such a device is that he could not be successfully killed. Irina wants to stop Sloan because an immortal wicked man truly is a global threat. And this is total speculation here, but maybe the reason Sloan felt "renewed" to continue the quest is because it can even bring back Emily from the dead. The DNA encryption tags on each page of the Rimbaldi papers mesh very well with the current fascination with human cloning, and I'll bet the device has something to do with resurrection-through-cloning or somesuch.

Can I go out on a limb now? Maybe this now provides an opportunity for Rimbaldi to reappear as well. (But I gotta say, I really don't want to see Alias turn into The X-Files.)

Feedback, anyone?

dauphine_dream said:
Feedback, anyone?
don't want to quote the whole thing because it's quite long :P, but i like your theory dauphine. it's certainly valid and well explained. but how would you account for the two years thing? perhaps sydney "died" but was then resurrected with the rambaldi device? but if the rambaldi device has to do with ressurection, then why was it called "the telling"?

i agree with you on the rambaldi point though - i don't want to see him make an appearance. he's dead. let's just leave it at that. but...yes yes, it's alias, anything could happen. :rolleyes:

yes, rambaldi is dead....but his infatuation with Immortality still lives and it lives through Sloane I think

AliasALIAS said:
If he does not know that Sydney is the "chosen one", then why would he need Jack? And if he does know, perhaps from the newly acquired manuscript, what will he do to stop Sydney?
A new thought came to mind. Sloane said to Jack (not an exact quote), "Sydney will no longer be a pawn in our ventures." This would lead me to believe that he does not know about Sydney, but I can't be too sure.
Actually, this kind of contradicts with my theory. Now I'm guessing that Sloane doesn know about Sydney because if he needed Jack for the machine because of his (Jack's) relationship to Sydney, then he (Sloane) must realize Sydney's importance.

but if the rambaldi device has to do with ressurection, then why was it called "the telling"?
My guess is that it has more than one use. The main use is telling (hence the name), but because of the De Regno heart, it leads me to believe that it may also play a role in life.

Good thinking, dauphine_dream (y) (y)
I've wondered about the two year-gap too, and maybe Sydney was resurrected. Although I agree that that's too X-Files, and why would she be resurrected two years later?

Sloan felt "renewed" to continue the quest is because it can even bring back Emily from the dead.
Sloane did say in Truth Takes Time, (indirect quote) "Among other things, I'm hoping to keep you cancer-free....forever." Though I think Emily is now completely out of the picture ( :( ) because Conrad said she had to die.

I like your theory, dauphine_dream! I hadn't thought of resurrection at all, and that would explain Sloane's renewed interest in Rambaldi. But I have two questions. Why would Sloane use the telling to save Will? And I'm positive that Sloane had something to do with Sydney's disappearance and the leap into the future, so how does that fit in?

kate_jones said:
Why would Sloane use the telling to save Will?
My theory is that Irina did. Not Sloane. But if it was Sloane, perhaps he didn't mean for it to save Will. Vaughn made it seem as if Sydney saved Will. So maybe when Sloane used the machine, it also activated Sydney's power, without Sloane's knowledge.

And I'm positive that Sloane had something to do with Sydney's disappearance and the leap into the future, so how does that fit in?
Who knows? :P Other theories are that it's only a glimpse into the future. I don't agree with it 100%, but I'm going along with it.

i'm so confused about Il Dire or "The Telling"!!! so is it the heart? omg i need to watch my tape again! gr

Back