Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must really need some Jen news, if we're debating the elegance or gawdiness of her necklace.

Thank heaven for the Oscars.

Also? JJB can have an opinion, too. It's allowed. Let's avoid board wars, please, especially since we're linking to 'em for pics. Thanks.

Jen just blew me away with how she looked on the red carpet and on stage - three months after giving birth, and she looks great! ^_^ :syd4:

It helped, too, that she cracked the audience up with her "I do my own stunts" comment after tripping on her way on stage :lol: - the Oscars usually seem stuffy, and Jen redeemed it by lightening things up a little.

I'm watching the post-Oscar show now, and Suzanne Somers just commented on Jen tripping a few minutes ago - she was as concerned as a lot of others were about what happened, but added she was relieved that nothing worse happened than that.

Although I'm not really crazy about Jen wearing white or light colored clothes because of her fair skin... I still love her dress! It's beautiful when you look it close up :P

I definitely had to check out the boards to see it right away...

Now I'm running late for work *felgercarb* :angelic:

Off I am, and I'll talk to you guys later...

PS. I think daddy's home with the little girl ;)

I'm watching after-Oscar coverage, and 2 people I don't recognize just talked about how Jen always nails the red carpet. They said it was because she was lovable and happy and called her "America's Sweetheart". Hee.

Poor Jen stumbled onstage, but thank goodness she didn't fall. Gertie has the clip up at:
http://jen-garner.net/modules.php?name=Dow...p=getit&lid=262

I see that Jennifer was holding her dress up about an inch as she was walking out so that the front of it wasn't dragging on the floor. Then she let it drop and moments later, I guess that she stepped on her own dress and stumbled, then her feet slid forward a little and she nearly fell backwards. She held out her hands for balance, then approached the microphone and laughed "Ha-haa! Thank you!" She did a little curtsey and joked "I do my own stunts" then adjusted her dress. I love that Jennifer is cool under pressure and self-depricating! (y)

I'm watching after-Oscar coverage, and 2 people I don't recognize just talked about how Jen always nails the red carpet. They said it was because she was lovable and happy and called her "America's Sweetheart". Hee.

aw, how sweet is that?!

anyway, ya'll have been having some interesting convos here... but i gotta say the "i do my own stunts' was SO cute and when she stumbled i screamed - NO DONT FALL :blush:

I freaked out too....the whole audience gasped, you could hear it...poor girl...but it's Jen so she totally handled it with grace! I didn't get to watch any of the post-oscars stuff because I was so freakin tired and I had a massive headache, so I just went to bed...

aw, how sweet is that?!

anyway, ya'll have been having some interesting convos here... but i gotta say the "i do my own stunts' was SO cute and when she stumbled i screamed - NO DONT FALL :blush:

^^I did the same thing! My mom actually ran in to ask what happened. Then she looked at the tv, gave me the *You really need a live* look and walked away. :P

i loved the way she handled it thou - if it wer me i jus would have hid behind the podium and died :blush:

^I would have too. :blush: There's something about Jennifer... she can giggle and joke her way out of any awkward siduation... like on Jay Leno when she accidentally said she was having a girl. She just laughed, took a sip of her water, and was like "anyway...." :rotflmao: That cracked me up. It's just her personality... and thats why she has so many fans. She can be totally graceful even when she almost falls flat on her back. :D

I loved her in the oscar!!!!
She was perfect, even with the little tripping thing, she was perfect when did the comentary after it. * I DO MY OWN STUNTS* I laughed a lot with my mother!
She isn't as thin as she was, but she lost a good part of her baby fat, and the dress she was wearing was ver elegant and pretty beautiful.

The only thing I kinda didn't like was: No BEN! People that don't like him was saying that she was ashamed of him, so I really wanted him to go and shut them up. But maybe he was at home taking care of little Violet!

He probably was at home taking care of Violet...he was seen in Miami a few days ago, so maybe he is still there...who knows?

I told my mom I wish I had half the grace that she does....I told her I probably would have thrown up on stage from all the nervousness...haha

I'm watching Oprah and Oprah's friend Gayle interviewed Jen on the red carpet. Gayle asked Jen what was the one thing that surprises her the most about motherhood and Jen said how much less she cares about her job now. She quickly added she does love her job but at the same time it's like, "You want me to do what and leave my baby where?!" Gayle also asked where Ben was and Jen said he's at home babysitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back