Season 3 Julia

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Julia apparently sent her apartment key to Sloane for Sydney. That meant she knew she was going to "turn" back into Sydney. How could anyone live with that knowledge? It's like anticipating your own death...Once she became Syd, she would cease to exist. Unless..She was working under the assumption that Sydney would eventually "turn" back into Julia, and her existence would be restored. Or that Syd would get her memory back, and the two identities would fuse into one.

On the other hand, this makes it seem possible that Julia was less a separate personality, and more like an actual alias. So maybe Sydney really was still "Sydney" while she was gone. Maybe she did remember her life before. But if so, what the hell was she doing? And was she in contact with Irina? Or Sloane? And why didn't she come home?

I think it's safe to assume that Julia wasn't a double, as some have suggested. Since Alias is a world where "doubles" exist, I suppose it's always a possibility, but the fact that Sydney is having dreams about her activities seems to point to the fact that she and Julia are one and the same.

The whole thing is making me crazy. I can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Woah, that was a lot of questions. I wish we had the answers to them!

I thought that Sydney didn't know what she was doing for the two years, that she had a sort of split personality in Julia. But since Julia sent her the apartment key, she must have had some memory of her past life.

Now Sydney is remembering things like the hospital scene (that was so gross btw!) so... ack, I don't know! :thinking:

oh, yeah...that's definitely enough to make anyone go crazy. i didn't even think about how weird it was that "julia" would send anything to "sydney." good observation!!

although, in some cases of dissociative personality disorder (aka multiple personality disorder) some of the different manifested personalities are aware of each other, as weird as that may sound. not to say that that's what she had, but it's just a possible explanation...

i do wonder if irina was in contact with syd during those two years though. maybe julia was the one that contacted irina and irina just never knew that julia was actually syd. because if irina knew syd was alive all along... hmm...

although, in some cases of dissociative personality disorder (aka multiple personality disorder) some of the different manifested personalities are aware of each other, as weird as that may sound.

you know, even if I didn't know you were a psychology major, I still could have guessed it. :lol:

but good observations. ^_^ I didn't really think about how Julia would be sending her alterego a key... my thoughts were more along the lines of "Wow, Syd has neat handwriting." :geek: :blush:

:hmm:

a.k.a.Kate_Jones said:
you know, even if I didn't know you were a psychology major, I still could have guessed it. :lol:
hehehe...what gave it away? :lol: :P

but good observations. ^_^ I didn't really think about how Julia would be sending her alterego a key... my thoughts were more along the lines of "Wow, Syd has neat handwriting." :geek: :blush:

:hmm:

hahaha...yeah, definitely neater than mine.

crazy spinster said:
although, in some cases of dissociative personality disorder (aka multiple personality disorder) some of the different manifested personalities are aware of each other, as weird as that may sound. not to say that that's what she had, but it's just a possible explanation...
Hahaha... I was actually thinking that too! But you there before me. And eep... dissociative identity disorder reminds me of Identity. :hide:

Add that old doctor that Syd killed saying "you were my favorite... you never broke..." or whatever into what everyone else has said. And you've got a whole lot of confusion.

yah, i never believed the whole "double" theory. and now it's proved for certain with Sydney's memories/dreams. but i think too that Sydney wasn't Julia as another personality, but simply as an alias. and knew that her mind would be erased and sent this key to herself so that she could figure out what happened during those 2 years.

but then again, maybe Irina copied Sydney's handwriting and sent the key pretending it was from Julia. but why would she do that? it doesn't really make sense. this is driving me crazy!!!!

yikes wow first i hafta understand what you said :lol:

wow :shocked: i never thought of the thing about her knowing that she was gonna turn back into syd... :jawdrop:

and apparently she was in contact with her mother. but if irina didnt tell jack... :depressed: i want them back together!

okay... trying to get my poor mind to accept this all....

so what we're saying is that Julie (whoops, wrong name. that's *mine* ha ha. :lol:smiley:, Sydney-as-Julia knew she would eventually return to being Sydney, and, knowing that she wouldn't remember a damn thing, sent Arvin Sloane, of all people, a key to her flat in Rome.

I'm dizzy just thinking about it. :lol:

okay... but WHY would she send it to sloane?! i mean, of all people!! did sydney-as-julia not know anyone else in her old life? does this imply that sloane had something to do with the 2 year disappearance?

another question... why would sloane so willingly give the key to syd? there has to be an ulterior motive...

a.k.a.Kate_Jones said:
okay... trying to get my poor mind to accept this all....

so what we're saying is that Julie (whoops, wrong name. that's *mine* ha ha. :lol:smiley:, Sydney-as-Julia knew she would eventually return to being Sydney, and, knowing that she wouldn't remember a damn thing, sent Arvin Sloane, of all people, a key to her flat in Rome.

I'm dizzy just thinking about it. :lol:
I thought about that for about a second because it reminds me of something like "Total Recall"
but then my mind got focused on the damn handwriting :lol:

:thinking:

wait but that means she knew she was going to hafta do something to make her forget!

i suppose going back to her old life is worth it... but if she knew she wouldnt remember wouldnt she send herself something to remind her?

and doesnt she know by now not to trust sloane?! :lol:

Maybe Julia was just tired of what she was doing and knew who she used to be and just wanted to go back.

And how could Irina not know it was Syd if they were in contact? I mean she is IRINA!!!

yeah i know i think she knew but maybe she had something to do with her disappearece? *cries* it would only be in a good way though ^_^

crazy spinster said:
okay... but WHY would she send it to sloane?! i mean, of all people!! did sydney-as-julia not know anyone else in her old life? does this imply that sloane had something to do with the 2 year disappearance?

another question... why would sloane so willingly give the key to syd? there has to be an ulterior motive...
Yeah! Why didn't she send it to Jack or Vaughn? :confused:

I'm still convinced that Sloane had something to do with her disappearance in the first place. So maybe she, as Julia, had contact with him. And Irina too, I think, since that code that she wrote was one of Irina's. Probably though, Syd/Julia had no recollection of who they really were. Because if the personality of Syd had existed at all, I'm sure she would have found out a way to contact someone.

a.k.a.Kate_Jones said:
Maybe Julia was just tired of what she was doing and knew who she used to be and just wanted to go back.

but how did she know she could go back?
maybe she was contracted or something

when her time was up she had the choice to go back

or whoever it was who kept her decided she wasnt of any use any more or had to go back or somehting

Back