Season 5 Kristen spoiler

Vaughn is a pretty moral person. I have a hard time buying he would kill Irina in the name of revenge. Plus, why would he automatically suspect Irina? Sloane seems the more likely suspect. After he found out about Lauren, he wanted her in custody at first. It wasn't until some prodding by Jack that he wanted to kill her.

If by the slight chance he did kill Irina in the name of revenge, I don't think he could look at Syd and not feel guilty. I think the guilt would have wore him down pretty fast and he would have confessed. If Vaughn is the killer, I'd say he honestly doesn't remember doing it. Now, I can see perhaps, Irina approaching Vaughn when he was really drunk, Irina saying the wrong thing, and then Vaughn killing her. Then Vaughn would not have remembered doing it. Or perhaps he would have thought it was some wierd alchohol induced dream he had. When Irina's death came out, he might not have said anything because he didn't want to believe he could have done such a thing to Syd.

I think Syd could forgive Vaughn if he killed Irina if he was really drunk and didn't know what he was doing. And of course, there is still the conditioning theory. Or we're all barking up the wrong tree and Vaughn didn't kill her at all.

filmlover said:
It is possible that he forgot.  They could use that lame brainwashing idea.
[post="1089142"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Everything is possible on Alias, but to be honest, I hope they don't re-use that idea, cause that would be so unoriginal. Besides, whats the good in the story line if he forgot, or if someone brainwashed him. I mean, if they are gonna make him the killer, at least make him a man and let him admit to it, even though he kept Sydney out of the loop for so long. You know what I'm saying, it's just so predictable if 'omg, Vaughn lost his memory too.'

Just when I didn't think I could get any more excited for the new season, we get this spoiler. Right now my guess is Vaughn shooting Irina. Imagine the drama with Syd and Vaughn. The possibilities are endless. I'm not sure if that's the route I want them to take, but oh well. My only other idea is Dixon. But it seems the writers would go for Vaughn. I'm sure this is really complicated, and it will be amazing on screen.

I don't think it's Dixon cause Dixon already killed someone Sydney cared about anyway, remember, he was the one that killed Emily... so that is old news, they wouldn't repeat the same story line, at least I hope not.

Vaughn is the most obvious to me. And remember JJ said he will be darker this season, maybe that has something to do with him killing Irina as well.

I don't think it is Vaughn. Supposedly this death takes place in episode 4 and just a few episodes later Sydney and Vaughn are all over each other in bed. So if Vaughn did kill Irina and it "ROCKS HER WORLD", she sure gets over it fast.

Who says we know the order of what gonna happen. For all we know so far is that Sydney and Vaughn sleep together at the season premiere, and maybe a few eppys later, thats when she finds out who killed Spy mommy or whoever it is....

We are just left to guessing whats gonna happen, but I bet this could happen... specially since JJ said that they will be kissing right away and then there will be lots of agnst between them... it only makes sense to me

Makes sense to me too that it would be Vaughn. I wonder when he could have done it though. It would have to be sometime after Jack's imprisonment, right? Who was Jack talking to on IM if not Irina? Katya?

sharonky said:
I don't think it is Vaughn.  Supposedly this death takes place in episode 4 and just a few episodes later Sydney and Vaughn are all over each other in bed.  So if Vaughn did kill Irina and it "ROCKS HER WORLD", she sure gets over it fast.
[post="1089203"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Perhaps she doesn't find out it's Vaughn until half way through the season. She's searching, finding clues 🕵

Maybe Vaughn didn't realise it was Irina. He had a fight with someone that looked like Lauren come back to life :ermm: so he kills this person and then realises it's Irina in a blonde wig, not Lauren. Oops. Not good to kill the mother-in-law to be :redhair:

Who was Jack talking to on IM if not Irina? Katya
The killing of Irina has to be done AFTER most of S3 and after the affair has been revealed. Then there is more motive ie Jack 🇳🇴 :lame:

Another scenario is what if Sydney tells Vaughn about what Jack and Irina did to her. Vaughn gets mad and goes off to hunt down Irina. :sly: Brill told him about his father. Vaughn thinks he has to protect Sydney and off he goes :rifle: :sniper: :blowup:

OK... I just want to remark how LAME it would be for them to kill Irina without Lena Olin even coming back for a brief appearance. I cannot possible believe that they think it a good idea to do something as emtional and story altering as that "off camara" and then have someone tell Sydney. Again, LAME.

Recast Irina and get on with one of the best story lines they have.

(Sorry to be so blunt. I just get so fired up about this!)

Awesome reply djohnston. I totally agree with the Irina thing. Irina was (in my opinion) the best thing to happen to Alias. And that would totally be a lame way to end such a great role. Very inapppriate.

If she dies, I will be very disappointed in Alias.

IMO, Irina wasn't the best thing to happen to Alias. The show was awesome even when she wasn't on the show. Lena Olin apparently doesn't want to come back, so we will never see that character again. Majority of fans don't want a replacement, so I don't see any other alternative. The IMing was stupid. I think they should stop making Irina such a big focus on the show and move her to the background. It might be easier if she was dead. Well, maybe it won't be easier, but I don't see any other option.

Apparently no one has realized this yet, but...

It's quite possible that either Katya or another member of the Covenant killed Irina (assuming she is the "death" spoken of...which I admit does make sense).

Think about this... When Jack contacted "Irina" after Syd and Vaughn's plane went down in North Korea, Irina "sent" Katya to him. I very much doubt that Irina, as a premier underworld power, would not be aware that her sister worked for the Covenant. So, obviously, Irina would not have sent Katya in to help her daughter.

This means that Irina was compromised at some point before then, and Katya was inserted in her place in order to give herself the opportunity to prove herself to Jack by saving Sydney and Vaughn, thereby making her "trustworthy" and give herself a chance to infiltrate the CIA via Jack (which, to a certain extent, she did).

So, it seems to make sense to me that it was not Vaughn who killed Irina (unless in some monumentally stupid twist of fate, was forced to do it by the Covenant brainwashing he apparently received). It also doesn't wash with me that it was Arvin Sloane. Since the Covenant would have been both his and Irina's enemy, it does not follow that he would kill such a powerful ally. (Not to mention that I seriously doubt Nadia would go out with Sydney to hunt down her own father.) It makes more sense that it was her own sister, Katya and/or "The Man" who ran the Covenant.

Clarification: Alias was fantastic before Irina. My frustration concerns the killing of a major character without the actress who plays her. I personally do not think it a good idea. On the other hand, keeping her in the background with no real substance is not good either. I guess what I am ultimately trying to say is that I just need them to move on in either direction soon. And it seems like they are.

Sorry.

djohnson, that is also what I want. Just for them to make a decision about the IRina character and deal with it. Just her being in the background isn't going to work, but Lena Olin doesn't want to come back, so it will have to be done without the actress.

It sucks that she was made such a big part of the prophecy. Definitely should focus on characters who are actually on the show, like Jack.

Yeah, I agree, if she is not gonna be around, might as well kill her off and move on. She is a pretty good agent, but not immortal or impossible to kill.

I don't think Katya killed her anyway, because I think katya would want to use her sister to her own endgame, besides Katya is not someone that Sydney cares dearly. That's why it brings me back to Vaughn... I still think it's him.

abbysmom, I have been wondering the same thing. I haven't heard that much about Jack, and it had me worried that he would be underused again.

I have been trying so hard to think of someone who could kill Irina (b/c that's who i think dies) and be someone that Syd loves.....

I don't think it is Vaughn. I have to believe they wouldn't go against the character they have developed. I think Vaughn was much more likely to kill her in Season 2 and never did. She saved his live. She saved Syd's life. I like to think they come to an understanding. I don't think he would kill Irina on purpose. Definatly not for revenge, definatly not after she saved his life.

It could be Dixon. It could be Nadia (that would be wicked, kill your own mother). It could be Jack, but I think he still harbors some feelings for Irina, so I don't think he would kill her.

This season is going to be fabulous!

Oh my lord. Please oh please don't let Irina be killed by Vaughn, of all people! Just NO.

spymaster said:
To me, Irina's killer has to be a worthy adversary to make sense.  A nemesis like Sloane (or Sloane's brother?).  But they don't seem likely if Sydney is supposed to care about the killer.  I'd hate it if Vaughn were the killer- he's not Irina's equal, and it'd be even worse if he were brainwashed.  That would be a cop out.
[post="1089085"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exaclty.

And can I say once again that this SUCKS? Thank you.

Just her being in the background isn't going to work

Now why wouldn't that work? Like I said, the woman is a world renowned terrorist who is on the CIA's Most Wanted list, she's supposed to be MIA.

I think that having her in the background would not work because we've already been blessed with the presence of the great Irina Derevko, and the idea that she's just out there somewhere wreaking havoc, and we are not able to see it, really pisses me off!!! I wish Lena would return, but that's another story...

And I agree, Vaughn does not seem like he would be capable of killing Irina...which is why I've changed my mind yet again and think that it's Nadia that did it...she didn't know she had a family, she could have easily killed Irina and didn't know it, and also Irina hasn't seen her in years, so she may not have recognized Nadia

I guess there's a question about whether or not Nadia is a worthy enough opponent to have killed off Irina, but we'll find out in Season 4 whether she's as bada** as her sister and mother...

Back