Season 5 Kristin's Chat for 3/22

Stupid question:

But what is the definition of recurring? Recurring as opposed to regular? Like she is a Marshall or Weiss. I don't hate Melissa George or anything, but there's really not any room for her anymore.

Manu said:
She's not with Irina. As far as the money thing goes, Kristin should really learn how to keep her mouth shut. Don't believe everything you read, especially if it comes from her.
The voice of the truth!! :P :P

You know, I hate it when writers get "creative" which changes the whole past of the show. By creating Nadia out of thin air, they've made Sloan into an adulterer. Even though he's an all-evil being, one thing noble about him was his devotion to Emily. Now, he doesn't even have that. He's scum. The writers could have wrote in Nadia as Jack and Irina's daughter who Sloan hid from both parents. And why does Nadia have to be a spy at all? She could be a sheltered, normal person. With so many spies out there and how Syd keeps running into the same set of spies over and over, why didn't she ever run into Nadia? (or she did!) There, I feel bettah.

On the other hand, I am looking forward to seeing Nadia. It's just that "blood relatives separated at birth who end up enemies while knowing or not knowing they are related" story line is so overrated and done already on the show. -_-

Well maybe that's the whole point with Sloane. Maybe the fact that Emily no longer exists makes him scum. We really don't have a clue as to what Nadia will be like. Manu said they won't really get along at first, but that doesnt necessarily mean she'll be another sloane. Sloane just being plain out evil is fun as hell better than having to constantly guess his true motive.

I heard something strange about Bill Vaughn on another thread. They say that Irina killed Bill because he was a major Rambaldi player who was looking for "The Passenger". Irina killing Bill Vaughn only in the interest of protecting her child makes her seem even more innocent and good in Syd's eyes. I wonder how Vaughn will take it if this is true. His dad's memory and Syd are the only things he's ever been able to count on.

The only thing that matters to me is "Melissa George is stepping down to recurring." I was nearly jumping for joy when I read this!! THANK GOD!! Finally someone knocked some sense into J.J.

I'm excited though about the prospect of this sister. The actress does bear a striking resemblance to Irina and it looks as if Sloane could be her father. I'm really intriguied by this new storyline. Hopefully they will execute it better than the "you've been missing for two years and I'm married" storyline.

while i can't dispute the fact that i'm glad that Melissa George is stepping down to recurring (jumps for joy), the prospect of a sibling just doesn't excite me. while i don't dispute that it could be interesting, i feel that it's just been done too many times before. i feel like i'd be watching season five of Buffy the Vampire Slayer over again. so forgive me, but i honestly feel that this is J. J.'s attempt to turn a dying show into something more interesting. and it's not working... :angry:

while i can't dispute the fact that i'm glad that Melissa George is stepping down to recurring (jumps for joy),
ditto that :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:

Alias is no way "a dying show". Gotta really disagree with that. Please let's just all trust JJ on this move. If spy sis turns out to be another Lauren before she went evil then complain, but if she turns out to be anywhere near Irina's character in mysteriousness and intrigue, and I really think she will, we've got nothing to complain about. Give JJ the chance to finish the story then judge. there are so many things that can happen to shock us we know they are out there let JJ bring them together like he always has.

you're right, Spike. i should just trust J. J., after all things went great with Lena Olin on the show as Irina. however, after the whole debacle with Lauren (whom i can't stand), i just have started to get slightly angry at him. after all, i waited a year and a half for the SVR and then it was over after half a season. so forgive me for my lack of faith with J. J. I just feel like bringing in a sister this late in the game is something of a gamble on his part, as anyone can tell from watching season five of Buffy. as long as her sister is a badass, and can kick some major ass, i don't mind her being on there. but if she's going to be some spoiled-rotten, crybaby, (like dawn), then the show's better off without her. JUST GIVE ME SOME SV AND SOME KICKING OF MAJOR LAUREN ASS :smiley:

Alyce9967 said:
Stupid question:

But what is the definition of recurring? Recurring as opposed to regular? Like she is a Marshall or Weiss. I don't hate Melissa George or anything, but there's really not any room for her anymore.
Recurring would be more like Merrin Dugany (sp?) this year. We are very familiar with the character but she is not in every episode.

to loz or what ever, MELISSA GEORGE FAN! get off this site then! MG is a horrible actress and sucks at being lauren! Hint: look at my name.

Please be more respectful of other people on this site, and I would think Melissa George would appreciate it if you would get back onto the topic that is being discussed right now in this forum.

mozart_180 said:
to loz or what ever, MELISSA GEORGE FAN! get off this site then! MG is a horrible actress and sucks at being lauren! Hint: look at my name.

Please be more respectful of other people on this site, and I would think Melissa George would appreciate it if you would get back onto the topic that is being discussed right now in this forum.
I agree with you mozart_180! Just because Melissa George plays a character who comes between Syd and Vaughn does not make her a horrible actress! And lauren_hater_69 how would you know that Melissa George sucks at playing Lauren if no one's ever played her before?

lauren_hater_69 said:
You've got to be kidding me.

laurenfan_devilwrites.gif

Isn't there something in the rules of this place about being rude regarding the actors/actresses?

thanks for the support guys and as i said i think this new character will ptentially be a great addition to the show :smiley:

I agree with you mozart_180! Just because Melissa George plays a character who comes between Syd and Vaughn does not make her a horrible actress! And lauren_hater_69 how would you know that Melissa George sucks at playing Lauren if no one's ever played her before?

Thanks! And I agree with you!

Thanks and I agree with you!

Uhh... I have 2 accounts cos I used to be ilikesloane so jus ignore the ilikesloane post sry :blush: (i am a spydaddy fan now) sry 4 :eek:fftopic: :blush:

Back