Season 3 Lack Luster

lizvang

Cadet
I'll just say it first 'cause it's going to be said pretty soon. This episode of Alias was less than lack luster. There was something "off" about it. Everything happened too fast and nothing seemed to make sense. The production seemed shoddy even.

(y) *nods* it was... wierd. I didn't like the Lauren scene. especially the one where Lauren ran into her mother's arm and cried.... that was... eh
--mandy :angelic:

Is it just me or they making Lauren ugly? Lighting, angles, make-up, etc... Not that I mind whatsoever, but maybe it's a trick to make us hate her more 'cause she's not attractive and we wouldn't understand why Vaughn is with her. I dunno.

I didn't notice that she was uglier. She did have her face twisted in this expression of grief though, when Vaughn saw her in the office.

Can we not have a personal opinion?

I didn't like the episode. The acting was bad, especially Lauren's Mother and overall I just found it a little boring. I really enjoyed last week's episode. Thought it was one of the best of the season if not THE best. Maybe that's why I felt this week's kinda sucked because it didn't have the same "UMPH" as last weeks.

Sorry, next time I'll try to form my opinions around what you think, so let me know if you think it's good or not and I'll agree. K? Awesome!

I thought it was a little "off" as well. I'm not sure why, other than the whole Lauren-suckage (but that's nothing new.)

I think the problem is that the missions aren't fun lately. They're too short, the disguises aren't as good, the music isn't as good. Well, really it was just this episode, I shouldn't say "lately" because the last few episodes they've been okay. They just don't seem to be having as much fun with that aspect of the show - It's like they're hurrying through the missions and just throwing them in as a nod to the earlier days of Alias.

Yes, Lauren's mother's acting was bad.

I think the "off" thing about this ep was that it was too focused on Lauren. <_< Do we REALLY need to deal with her family? Do we really?!

I thought the first half was good...but then once again it turned into a yawn fest.

I do agree about Peggy Lipton though...here undercover days were over in the 70's when the Mod Squad ended.

I remember looking at my watch saying 'Damn, it's only 8:30! There's still a half hour to go!"

Then what happened? Lauren, Lauren, Lauren... and triangle BS. Gah! :o_O:

hotpot said:
I remember looking at my watch saying 'Damn, it's only 8:30! There's still a half hour to go!"

Then what happened? Lauren, Lauren, Lauren... and triangle BS. Gah! :o_O:
Ugh, I know...I hate that b*tch. This show is such a soap opera with this triangle and it's all lauren's fault!!!!! I think all of you are right. I loved the ep but there was something a bit off about it and I agree that it was because everything was focused on LAUREN damniT! I'm gunna snipe her @ss. :Ph34r: I'm just really excited for ep 18 and 19. It's gunna get good ya'll... :woot: (y)

There was something off about the delivery of the lines in this episode. I don't know exactly what it was, but it just seemed like everyone's lines were so forced. I don't know. Especially when Vaughn was talking to Syd in the cave, it all seemed very unfeeling (if that's a word).

And Senator Reed...his voice is just so mono-tone, and boring. This definately wasn't one of the better episodes.

But...with that being said...it almost cried when Syd started to cry!!! That was sooo sad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...I'm done.

lizvang said:
Can we not have a personal opinion?

I didn't like the episode. The acting was bad, especially Lauren's Mother and overall I just found it a little boring. I really enjoyed last week's episode. Thought it was one of the best of the season if not THE best. Maybe that's why I felt this week's kinda sucked because it didn't have the same "UMPH" as last weeks.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, except you, since you have probably never been more incorrect.

lizvang said:
Sorry, next time I'll try to form my opinions around what you think, so let me know if you think it's good or not and I'll agree. K? Awesome!

Quite possibly the smartest action you've ever taken. You can start by liking this episode.

Lazerey said:
Quite possibly the smartest action you've ever taken. You can start by liking this episode.
LMAO!! Sorry, I know it was rude, but that just cracked me up.. :rotflmao:

kittykatsmeow said:
There was something off about the delivery of the lines in this episode. I don't know exactly what it was, but it just seemed like everyone's lines were so forced. I don't know. Especially when Vaughn was talking to Syd in the cave, it all seemed very unfeeling (if that's a word).

And Senator Reed...his voice is just so mono-tone, and boring. This definately wasn't one of the better episodes.
Very true. As I mentioned somewhere else, I was stunned by the mediocre writing and the poor pacing. It was like no one's heart was in this, and mine certainly wasn't either.

Those lines between Sydney and Vaughn? enh..... Where was the chemistry that used to be so obvious? In fact where was the chemisty between anyone?

So disappointed...

Who were the writers on this one? Have they written any other episodes?

I agree...the writing was terrible...the lines seemed forced and incomplete...much of the acting was terrible... the "special effects" of the underwater scenes with S & V were fake...the break up scene between Vaughn & Lauren was very weak, the scenes between S & V regarding the breakup were weak...what happened? Different writers? Different editors? And I am very upset that we now have to wait another 2 weeks to see the next episode. ABC is going to kill this show if they don't stop pre-empting it so much. This has been a very strange season....The last few episodes had made me very hopeful that our old Alias was back. Hopefully last night was not a preview of things to come...

Back