Memories

Okay...I wrote this last night at about 12, so bare with me please! This story is about Vaughn, and it may not start off romantic and all, but I assure you, it will have some moments of fluff here and there...

so please read and review!

Maggie

Memories Part 1

When I was a young boy, I had always wanted to be like my father. He was tall, handsome, and always had a smile on his face. He was strict at times, at which I didn’t like him for it then, but we had more fun times I had cared to admit. If I close my eyes, I can still see myself running towards him when he opened the door, holding a new present he bought me after one of his trips.

I can remember what my mother was like when father was around. She would be distant, and look very sad when she looked at my father. Sometimes when I had lain awake at night, I could hear them yelling at each other, and I had always thought I had done something wrong.

But when dad was away, my mother would try to make the best of it. She would always take me out to my favorite places, and cook my favorite meals. I can remember thinking that she could have been more like that when dad was around.

And even though I can’t remember everything, I’ll always remember that my father never made a promise he couldn’t keep. He would always promise to bring my mother flowers whenever he went out. He always promised to bring me back a souvenir from a trip he took. And before every trip, he would kneel down before me, give me a hug, and promise that he would come back.

And he had always come back. I’d never doubt it, whenever he had promised to return home. But one night, I had gotten tired of the hugs. I wanted to be treated like a man. Get a handshake or something. So when he tried to hug me that night, I ran to my room, and slammed my heavy door. I never looked back. I had hated it, how he always treated me like a stupid child!

But while I was in my room, there was a knock on the door, and his voice drifted through, saying he’d promise to be back. But I was too furious to reply. And just when I had thrown away the little pride that I had, and pushed the door open, he was gone. I hadn’t got to say goodbye. But I wasn’t worried. He would be back, just like he had promised.

About five days after he had left, my dad’s friend from work came to talk to my mother. I thought it was kind of weird, having my dad’s friend talk to my mother.

My mother sent me up to my room. I didn’t understand, but I had obeyed none-the-less. But being as curious as I was, I strained to hear what they were saying, to no success.

But then, when I had just given up, I heard my mother scream. I got so worried. I had to see her, find out what’s wrong. So, I ran to her. Called out to her. I ran until I felt I couldn’t run anymore.

And then I found her. She was crumpled to the floor, in my dad’s friend’s arms. He was stroking her hair, like my father used to do. She was sobbing madly, clutching on to him like he was her last lifeline. I didn’t understand. Why was he here, comforting my mother, when my father could do it just the same?

Before I knew it, I was clawing, kicking, and punching that man. I wanted him to get away from her; my father could do that. I thought he would fight back; I was hoping for it, just to show him that I was in charge, and that I could take care of my mom before dad came back. I wanted to hurt him, like he had obviously hurt my mother.

He didn’t fight back. He took every kick, every punch, and every bite. I just kept hitting him. But, eventually, I had stopped. I had dropped to the ground, just looking at my mother’s face. It seemed like years before she realized it was me that she was staring at.

What she did, when she had seen me, took me a while to understand. She hit me. The first time she had ever hit me. And yelled at me, saying I was just like my father, an ungrateful bastard. I was shocked. Why? Why did she have to say this about my father?

And then it dawned on me.

He had broke his promise.

Please read and review!

i'll PM everyone when I get a new plot line...I don't know exactly where i'm going with this, and I was hoping to have more people read it...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries* that's so sad. so good though. very nice.
--Mandy :angelic:

hey, me likey. Poor wittle Vaughnie... tell his mom not to be abusive! :( Hope you post more soon, I like it.

Could you PM me? ;)

Rach

ok, since i have mixed ideas, so his memories, at this moment, won't be in chronological order i think...since they ARE memories, they'll just around, but you'll get the general sense or what he's doing, what age he's at, and such....

i hope that's ok

Wow........... That's really good. But Vaughn's mother.... Eeeeeeek! This story seems REALLY interesting!!! Can't wait for the next update! :smiley:

ILuvMichael said:
ok, since i have mixed ideas, so his memories, at this moment, won't be in chronological order i think...since they ARE memories, they'll just around, but you'll get the general sense or what he's doing, what age he's at, and such....

i hope that's ok
this is your fic, and i'm sure any idea you have will be perfect for your story. i can't wait to read more.

ok everyone...this one's kinda short, so i hope you can bare with me!

Maggie

Chapter 2

I ponder about that day, when my mother went into hysterics, when I had learned the truth, and when I figured out that my father’s whole life was a lie. I still think that I never wanted his life. I didn’t want to lie to the one’s I loved, I didn’t want the danger, and I just thought that I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I did follow in my father’s footsteps.

I remember high school vaguely. There was a lot of girls, a lot of drugs, and a lot of drinking. That was, at least, what all the other guys had experienced. I, on the other hand, worked hard on my studies, trying to make my mother proud.

I graduated, with high honors. I strode down that aisle, held my head high, and for the first time in years, saw my mother look proud. Of me. I couldn’t believe it. I imagined what my father was thinking, or would have thought. What would he think of me? How I had grown up? Would he be proud, like my mother?

I didn’t know what I was going to do with my life. I just decided to major in some felgercarb courses and such. I didn’t know what to do. I just wanted to be like my father. I wanted to make him proud.

Back