~Forgotten memories~

:hi: Hey guys!

I know, it's been ages -_- But here I am, with a lil something :thinking: let me know whatcha think! :bag:

Just a little reminder about the last chappie...

“Look, I already quit the CIA, I can do it again. I can teach while you just do whatever you want to do, we could just have a normal life, Syd.” the idea of having what she’s always dreamt about seemed so appealing, but in the other hand she needed to stay an agent in order to know what happened to her. She couldn’t quit that soon, without knowing.

“Vaughn-”

“You don’t have to give me an answer now. Take your time to think about it. I’ll wait as long as you need me to.” Vaughn took her hand in his and looked at her expectantly. All he wished was that Sydney took at least the time to think, not to say no immediately.

Sydney shook her head and squeezed his hand softly. “Vaughn, you know how much I wish all of that could come true, but it can’t, not now.”

“Yes it can. We just have to let it happen Sydney.” she shook her head once more, looking down at her cup of coffee, letting his hand go.

“You don’t get it, uh?” Vaughn looked at her quizzically. “I want to stay at the CIA because I need to. I can’t quit now, Vaughn. I have to keep working against the Covenant, I have to keep gathering informations about what happened to me. I can’t just quit and start something with you as long as I don’t know what happened in the last two years of my life.” she let out a sigh and waited for Vaughn to react. He just nodded, not knowing what to say. He understood why she needed to know, he himself wanted to know what happened to her, but half of him wished they could just go away and forget everything, starting something new together.

Chap 21 (or so)

Three days went by and Sydney was now standing in her new house, the living room full of boxes. She'd unpack later, the office already waiting for her. She'd packed everything she had, yet there wasn't that much. Her clothes, the few items she'd bought since she was back, some books, and her favorite CDs. The rest was food and some bathroom items. She hadn't get a lot of things since she came back, and it appeared to be a great thing after all. She sighed and went to change in her new bedroom; she had time to go for a quick run, and after all she had to visit Manhattan.

She put her runners on and closed the front door. She looked around her: obviously there was a nice neighborhood. The grasses were well cut, every house had a white picket fence, and most of them had a dog running on the front yard, child playing here and there. The CIA had found her the perfect place to feel blue: everything around her was perfect, everyone seemed to be happy. Except her. She was lonely. She didn't have any dog. She didn't have any children who played around the house. She didn't even had a friend in town anymore. She was alone in the world. Alone in the new world Lauren had made up for her.

She looked at the house in her right and saw a man coming out of the front door, wearing a nice suit -obviously the neighbors had a great job, welled paid and all- and saw a woman almost running after him, giving him a loving kiss on the lips. Then a little boy came after him too, gave him a hug, and the man left, smiling. Sydney sighed and looked at the sky, trying to empty her mind, before starting to run in the streets, wondering what were doing her friends in Los Angeles.

Vaughn woke up in Weiss' couch for the third time. He was become accustomed to the hard cushions, his back finally accepting the new material. He sat and stretched before heading to the kitchen. He gave Donovan his food, took a quick shower and grabbed a banana before going out for his morning jogging. He had start to run every morning with Sydney, and hadn't loose the habit since then. Of course he'd stopped some times, after Sydney disappeared, but he finally started to run again, and since then he was enjoying this routine that helped him to empty his mind before going to work.

He ran to the park, waving at some morning joggers, smiling here and there at the people he saw almost everyday. He stopped at a bench at the opposite side of the park and sat down for a moment. He had met Sydney at this bench once. She came running, he was walking Donovan, and he remembered when he saw her approaching, the sun glowing behind her, her fit figure bouncing with grace on the pavement. He'd been stunned by her simple beauty, as if it came naturally from her. Actually it does come naturally, he corrected himself in his thoughts.

He was pulled off of his reverie when another jogger went stretching at the bench too. he looked at him and recognized Alan, another jogger. They had met at the park, with Sydney, and since then they had become friends. Well, not friends, but every time they'd exchange a small talk. This day wasn't different.

"Hey Alan." Vaughn smiled, greeting his companion.

"Hey Mike. So still no chick running with you this morning?" he smiled, he loved teasing Vaughn about that.

"Nope, but you can't say better, can you?" Alan smiled and sat beside Vaughn, looking at the sun rising in front of them.

"So she's gone?" Alan saw Vaughn nodding in the corner of his eye.

"I'm sorry, Mike."

"It's okay, it's not as if I could do anything."

"Well, you could join her, wherever she is now." Vaughn chuckled.

"What did I say?"

"It's not that simple, Alan." he sighed and went on. "We have..issues. She doesn't want me to come, and I have to stay here to take care of my divorce anyway."

"So you're gonna do it?" Vaughn nodded.

"Wow." Vaughn turned his head toward his friend.

"What?"

"It took you time. Never thought you'd have the balls to do it."

"Why?" asked Vaughn, amused by Alan's reaction.

"Well you seem to be the kind of guy, you know..."

"No." Alan looked down and smiled before explaining.

"I thought you'd stay with your wife. I don't know why, I didn't think you could divorce just to be with another girl. I mean, maybe if you try to know your wife, she might be nice, maybe nicer that-"

"I don't think so. It's because of my 'wife' that Sydney's away."

"But maybe if you-"

"No." Vaughn cut him off again.

"So she's the one, isn't she?" Vaughn only nodded, a small smile creeping on his lips.

"Yeah, she is. She's always been. Just a few more weeks and I'll be able to ask her out on a real date." he said dreamingly, already picturing the day he'd show up at her door, or at the office, with a giant bouquet of roses and the biggest grin he'd ever had on his face.

"Well good luck then. You deserve to be happy Mike. Really."

"Thanks." he smiled to Alan and ran back to Weiss' house, his footsteps lift by a strange energy he hadn't felt in years.

Sydney was now in front of her new office. A small building was standing in front of her, there wasn't more than eight, maybe nine levels. It was one of the only buildings of the little town. Trees were surrounding the little parking, and Sydney could see a park starting behind the building. It would be different from LA, but maybe it would do her good. She'd always wanted to live in a small town, where everyone knew everyone. It wouldn't be like the big towns she's ever lived, where no one knew their neighbors, where everyone was egoist.

Sydney took a deep breathe and entered through the front door. She immediately spotted the reception ; it was the only thing in the hall, besides some flowers here and there. The young lady asked her to follow her and both took a small elevator. After some seconds only the doors opened and Sydney was pleased by the sight. The interior wasn't like the offices she'd knew. This one was quite colorful, with opened offices, where everyone could talk to anyone. There were pictures on most of the desks -children, parties and weddings pictures- and the people there seemed nice. Sydney couldn't explain why, but just in some seconds she could already tell that she would like this new place.

The woman left her in front of a door, telling her Peter would be there in any second. The door simply read 'Peter Holloway'. Sydney waited patiently for a few minutes and a man came behind her, clearing his throat.

"You must be Sydney Bristow. I'm Peter Holloway, the director of this office." Sydney shook his hand, observing quickly the man in front of her. He seemed to be forty, maybe forty-five. He was healthy, he probably did a lot of sport, and was tanned. Either he spent a lot of time in mission in some sunny countries, either he had a lot of free time. She hoped for the second option, hoping an office so small wasn't too demanding.

"Well lets sit and fill the forms before I give you a tour of our offices." He led the way to his office. It wasn't that big for a boss' office; it was well decorated, with children's drawings and some frames on the desk. A bouquet of flowers was sitting on the shelves, near the coffee maker. Sydney sat on the chair in front of him and waited until he pulled out some papers from one of his drawers.

"Well here's your contract, as well as some fills you'll have to return -medical information, emergency contacts- that kind of thing."

"I'll return them tomorrow."

"Oh you don't have to hurry, nothing is going to happen in one day. Take your time to settle in, visit the town, don't rush into work like that." Sydney was quite surprised the CIA would be so 'relaxed'.

"Well, thank you." Peter thought a few seconds before asking her.

"I got it you didn't ask the transfer. Would you like to tell me more about it?" Sydney shifted uncomfortably on her seat, but chose to explain the reasons she was there.

"One of the NSC agent asked for me to be transfer, and one of her contact, a senator, approved the transfer. I had no choice."

"I see." Peter nodded. "I take it whoever is the 'she', didn't want you in our LA office. May I ask you why?" Sydney was reluctant to open up to a stranger. But after all, if she had to work in there, the best was to open up a little.

"I..." Sydney thought for a way to explain her situation without telling much. "I went missing for two years. I can't tell you much, but the person who made me transfer didn't like me coming back." Peter nodded, feeling sorry for Sydney. It was unfair to throw someone away, particularly if this person was just back from God knows where.

"Well thank you for telling me. If you feel the need to talk, to confide, we have a psychologist right in our offices. But don't hesitate to talk to me if you feel the need to." Sydney smiled and thanked him for everything before leaving the room. He'd gave her the rest of the day off, saying she didn't have to come back until wednesday. That would give Sydney plenty of time to unpack and visit the town.

Sci :watsup:

What a small town... And the CIA giving her the time to do what ever she wants! I can't wait for Vaughn to get his divorice and go after Syd!

Great chapter! Update soon!

Megan

Oh yeah... FIRST!!!

I like her boss. I think I'm going to go work for the CIA now :smiley:

Vaughnnnn to the rescue!! Gonna save Syd from the really nice office and boss! But she'll get lonely. Yepyep. And she'll want Vaughn back. Just because I said so!

Loved the chapter, Miss C. I'm going back to sleep now. :byesad:

UPDATE SOON!

x Laur

sounds like the move is to a good place. yay! it would be sad if the place was sad. anyway good update. though alan confused me.

what? she left??

Alan?

anyho sorry it's taken me so long to reply :blush: and i called my self #1 addict :hide: but i'm hear now and i hope you don't wait as long before updating next time.

thanks for the pm

Wow. That's a director of the CIA? Or well, one of the branches of the CIA? Because he's... Well... He's so nice. And isn't it a standard rule that all CIA directors are bald and mean and scary-like? :confused:

Anyway, this little town sounds really nice... Apart from the fact that Sydney's alone, but that won't be for long, hopefully... Divorce away, Cap'n Vaughnie!

*shoves divorce papers in Vaughn's face*

[chant]Sign it! Sign it! Sign it! Sign it! Sign it! Sign it![/chant]

:rolleyes: Someone sure is taking their time...

Anyway, love the update, Clammy! Update soon! :D

Cai
x

:hi: hey dudes!
yep it's not a dream :blink: but an update :rolleyes:

I want them together :cry: noooooow :cry:

(Yes I've started reading this sci and i wants a PM :smiley: )

awww :hug:
i wub ya :woot:

Wow. That's a director of the CIA? Or well, one of the branches of the CIA? Because he's... Well... He's so nice. And isn't it a standard rule that all CIA directors are bald and mean and scary-like? :confused:

Anyway, this little town sounds really nice... Apart from the fact that Sydney's alone, but that won't be for long, hopefully... Divorce away, Cap'n Vaughnie!

*shoves divorce papers in Vaughn's face*

[chant]Sign it! Sign it! Sign it! Sign it! Sign it! Sign it![/chant]

:rolleyes: Someone sure is taking their time...

Anyway, love the update, Clammy! Update soon! :D

Cai
x

😆 well I wanted a nice boss, for once (y)
cos I wub nice bosses, even if they can't be real :cry:
So I decided Peter would be nice :P

Okay, I shush now :bag:

Chappie :Ponder: I lost the count :thinking:

Vaughn closed the door behind him and plopped on the couch, sighing. He thrown the keys on the coffee table, took off his shoes and placed his feet besides the keys.

"Hey man!" his best friend was already back from work, apparently busy in the kitchen.

"Hey Eric! How was your day?"

"You know I should be the one who asks that." Vaughn nodded and joined his friend in front of the sink.

"What are you doing?"

"Pancakes. But don't avoid the question." Vaughn smiled at his friend and took a deep breathe before starting to tell him what happened.

"Well the good news is that I have a lawyer."

"And what's the bad one?" Eric asked, eyeing his friend.

"Lauren won't agree to divorce. I'm gonna have to fight." Eric stopped cooking and looked at friend, feeling sorry for him. It was unfair he had to fight again. He's had enough bad things in his life, he deserved to be happy finally. He knew Vaughn would hesitate to fight against Lauren, because he wasn't someone who liked to cause problems to others. But this time, he'd push him to fight, and win. Because it was right.

"I'm sorry man." Vaughn put his hand in the air, stopping Weiss.

"Don't be. I'm going to fight, you know? This time, I won't her win. I know she's been great, she helped me a lot, but this time, I'm going to act for my happiness. I'm given a second chance, and I won't waste it." Weiss smiled, liking how his friend thought. He resumed his cooking and Vaughn helped him, the two friends chatting about nothing and everything, wanting to spent a nice evening together.

Sydney stepped back from the shelves and looked at the work she'd accomplished. In less than two days she'd unpack all the boxes, put up all her shelves, her bed and a few things, and cleaned everything.

"Now it look more like home." she said out loud. She was going to take a shower when her phone rang. She frowned, wondering who it could be; no one had her number yet. Except work, maybe.

"Hello?" she said sitting on the couch.

"Hey Syd! How are you doing over there?" she smiled immediately, recognizing her friend's voice.

"Hey Eric! How are you doing?"

"I'm great, but what about you?" she looked around her, trying to describe her new surroundings.

"Well I'm quite comfortable. It's a small town, the new boss seems nice, so I guess everything's okay."

"You guess?" Weiss knew everything wasn't okay. She'd been forced to leave her friends, her father, and Vaughn, all of that because of Lauren, the woman who married the man of his life. She was now in a small town lost in nowhere, with no friend, no one to talk to, everything was foreign to her, and she was guessing she was fine. It was definitively not.

"I'll be fine, don't worry." Weiss didn't want to push and changed the topic.

"So how's the wether over there?" she smiled.

"Weiss, I suppose you didn't call me to check on the wether cast?"

"Um, actually, no. There's er... some news over here."

"Oh?" news about what? she wondered. Work? Vaughn?

"Want to hear the good one or the bad one first?" she frowned, hearing there was bad news.

"The good one?" she tried.

"I lost weight!" Eric almost bounced saying it, proud to reach his goal.

"That's great! How much exactly did you lose?"

"Well, it's not that much yet, but it will be." he nodded, speaking through the phone. Sydney giggled and asked, a bit scared.

"And what's the bad news?"

"We still have no information about you. About, you know, when you disappeared." she looked down, disappointed that the last mission Weiss had gone in had been unsuccessful.

"It's okay Eric, we'll keep looking."

"Yeah." that's when Vaughn entered the house, sweating, breathless, with a thirsty Donovan running after him.

"Look, I have to go. I'll call you soon, okay?"

"Okay." she replied she'd write him an email -to describe the neighborhood- and hung up.

Vaughn headed straight to the bathroom, trying to avoid Weiss. Unfortunately, his friend caught him in the middle of the living room.

"You went for another run?" it was more an affirmation than a question.

"It's the third today, Mike." Vaughn nodded.

"I know. I'm fine, Weiss. I just..." he sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"You just... what? You're not fine! You need to talk to someone, if not me find someone else. You can't go on like that." Vaughn went sitting on the couch, and Donovan took the opportunity to get some pats on the head.

"Seriously, I'm not saying that to annoy you, but it's not healthy."

"What?" Weiss showed the room with his arms.

"This! You're not going into work anymore, when you're not with you lawyer you're running -to escape what? I'm wondering- it's not healthy for you. Neither t is for me." Vaughn nodded and stood up, obviously angry.

"Okay. Then I guess I'll have to find another couch. I'll be gone within the end of the day." with that Vaughn walked to the bathroom and locked the door, stepping under a cold shower. Weiss stood alone besides the couch; he hadn't have time to reply, his friend too quick for him. He didn't want Vaughn to leave, he didn't say what he said to get him angry. he was just trying to explain how he should continue living like he used to, instead of closing himself in 'divorce-land'. Of course it wasn't easy to divorce, Lauren was after all a nice person, but Vaughn shouldn't feel sorry; if he didn't love her, then he couldn't stay married to her. It was simple.

Three days later, Sydney was sitting at her new desk, already having some work to do. It remembered her her early days at SD-6. Her tasks were almost the same as they used to be; read a mission debrief, try to improve the mission, find the errors the agents made etc. It was simple, but it kept her mind busy. After hours though, she sighed and rubbed her eyes, needing to take a break. She stood up and walked to the 'coffee room', as Peter told her.

She poured herself a cup of coffee and sat down a minute, observing the room. The atmosphere was relaxing, the colors soothing her mind. She stood up and went to throw her cup in the trash when she heard a familiar voice.

"Sydney? Sydney Bristow?" she turned around and smiled.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you're here!" the other person smiled and gave her a hug.

"So you're the newbie, hu?" she nodded, still smiling.

"How come I find you here?" she asked.

"Oh well I just asked to work in a quiet office, you know, it's pretty calm in here. It keep us busy, we're paid, and everyone's happy."

"So we're gonna work together?" she was thrilled by the idea.

"Well, my desk is the one right in front of yours. Hope that's okay for you?"

"Of course it is! I can't believe you're here. That's so great."

"I know." the other person nodded, and both smiled to each other. This transfer that first seemed like a punishment was looking more and more like a gift. And Sydney was liking that.

Sci :watsup:

Back