~Forgotten memories~

I hope this mystery person is OK. I also don't want this person to be a old romantic interest in any way. I want her free for Vaughn.
Thanks for the PM

Who is her friend that she is going to be working with? I hope that it is a girl and not a guy... I'm glad that Vaughn is getting a divorice.... Lauren needs to stop fighting it.... The more she fights it the angrier Vaughn gets and now they wont even be friends in the end which is a good thing, so she can fight it all she wants as long as Vaughn wins!

Great chapter! Update soon!

Megan

"Well the good news is that I have a lawyer."

"And what's the bad one?" Eric asked, eyeing his friend.

"Lauren won't agree to divorce. I'm gonna have to fight."

You wanna fight, do you b*tch?

*pulls Lauren's hair catfight style*

:laughbounce:

"I'm sorry man." Vaughn put his hand in the air, stopping Weiss.

"Don't be. I'm going to fight, you know? This time, I won't her win. I know she's been great, she helped me a lot, but this time, I'm going to act for my happiness. I'm given a second chance, and I won't waste it." Weiss smiled, liking how his friend thought. He resumed his cooking and Vaughn helped him, the two friends chatting about nothing and everything, wanting to spent a nice evening together.

Vaughnie, Vaughnie, he's our man! If he can't do it, no one can!

:groupwave:

Sydney stepped back from the shelves and looked at the work she'd accomplished. In less than two days she'd unpack all the boxes, put up all her shelves, her bed and a few things, and cleaned everything.

*cough*Workaholic*cough*

:angelic:

"Hey Eric! How are you doing?"

"I'm great, but what about you?" she looked around her, trying to describe her new surroundings.

"Well I'm quite comfortable. It's a small town, the new boss seems nice, so I guess everything's okay."

"You guess?" Weiss knew everything wasn't okay. She'd been forced to leave her friends, her father, and Vaughn, all of that because of Lauren, the woman who married the man of his life. She was now in a small town lost in nowhere, with no friend, no one to talk to, everything was foreign to her, and she was guessing she was fine. It was definitively not.

*cough*IDIOT*cough*

(i.e. Sydney. Because I mean, what kind of idiot does that? Isolates themselves in god knows where to escape the evil spawn-of-satan wife?)

I mean... I didn't say anything, did I? :Paranoid:

"Want to hear the good one or the bad one first?" she frowned, hearing there was bad news.

"The good one?" she tried.

"I lost weight!" Eric almost bounced saying it, proud to reach his goal.

L
M
F
A
O
!

Now that I certainly didn't expect! :rotflmao: BUT GO WEISS! YOU GO GIRL! :lol:

"Sydney? Sydney Bristow?" she turned around and smiled.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you're here!" the other person smiled and gave her a hug.

"So you're the newbie, hu?" she nodded, still smiling.

"How come I find you here?" she asked.

"Oh well I just asked to work in a quiet office, you know, it's pretty calm in here. It keep us busy, we're paid, and everyone's happy."

"So we're gonna work together?" she was thrilled by the idea.

"Well, my desk is the one right in front of yours. Hope that's okay for you?"

"Of course it is! I can't believe you're here. That's so great."

"I know." the other person nodded, and both smiled to each other. This transfer that first seemed like a punishment was looking more and more like a gift. And Sydney was liking that.

Uh... Clammy?

*Taps Clammy on the shoulder*

Did you realise that you didn't actually tell us who it was that Sydney was so familiar with? :confused: *scratches head* Oh dear, I'm puzzled. :mellow:

Anyway, awesome chappy Clammy! I must be off to bed now, sorry... Update soon though :D

Cai
x

so who is this person??

Cant VAughn get divorced, evil spawn (ie Lauren) run away, and Vaughn run back to Syd decaring his undying ove for her and then al just b wonderfully happy!!

UPDATE SOO

Hey everyone! :hi:
well yes I am back, with a little something :thinking:
I know it's been ages since I last updated this fic, but I've been really busy :Pinch:
So what happens in the last chappies? Vaughn fought with Eric, and is leaving his house; Sydney met someone from her past in Manhattan, Texas, where she's been transfered thanks to Lauren.
Now on with the show... :rolleyes:

Chapter 23

Almost a week had passed since Sydney had move into her new house, in the little town of Manhattan, Texas. She'd been scared at first scared to move so far away from everything, from everyone. From Vaughn. But in the other hand this could have been the best solution; to get away from everything, and to start something new. Even if she was alone, even if everything was new for her, she was starting to enjoy it. She could do what she wanted, when she wanted. And this new freedom was a great thing for her.

Tonight was saturday night, meaning she'd two days left before she'd start her new job. Her new boss seemed nice, but the better part was that she'd met an old friend at the office; someone she knew would help her going through all the changes.

Sydney was lost in her thoughts, a book in her hands, a glass of red wine sitting on the coffee table, when the ring bell rang. She stood up from her couch, leaving her book onto the coffee table, and went to open the door. Who would visit her on a saturday night? She looked at the clock on her way to the door; it was almost seven o'clock.

She opened the door carefully, letting her foot behind it. But she didn't have to be worried; when she saw who was at the other side of the door, she opened it completely, smiling.

"Hey! What are you doing here?"

"I was around and wondering if you'd come over to eat dinner tonight?"

"Sure, come on in." she let her guest into her apartment, closing the door behind him.

"You should have called, I'd have made something-"

"Don't worry. I was just thinking that it would be great to eat together, instead of each one alone at home." Sydney nodded and walked to the kitchen.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Sure, just take the first thing you find."

"Is wine okay? I opened a bottle earlier, red wine."

"Perfect." her guest replied from the living room. Sydney appeared some seconds later behind the couch, holding a glass and a bottle. She set everything on the coffee table and poured some wine into the cleaned glass, before handing it to her visitor.

"So I see you're all settled in already?" Sydney nodded, looking around her.

"Yeah, I didn't have that much stuff to unpack anyway. So tell me something; what are you doing here? I though you'd stay in the spy business."

"You know, after everything that happens, I wanted to take a break, go away for a while. I did, and when I came back to work I realized it just wasn't what I wanted to do anymore. So they gave me a place here, which is not bad at all. It's pretty much analysis, we barely go on missions anymore." Sydney nodded and took a sip of her wine.

"What about you?" Sydney looked at her guest, not knowing how to explain the situation.

"Well I didn't chose to come here."

"I would have guessed." Sydney smiled and continued.

"Someone asked for me to be transfered. Obviously no one wanted me in Los Angeles anymore."

"What about this guy? I know it's been some years but..."

"It's complicated." the guest nodded, not wanting to ask too many questions.

"So tell me, Jim, how's life around here?"

"Oh it's great, calm, you can relax a lot. And there's a lot of activities do to, too." They kept talking about nothing and everything, and finally decided to order chinese take-away, eating at Sydney's place. Sydney enjoyed Jim's company, and though that finally, Manhattan, Texas, wasn't that bad after all.

Michael Vaughn closed the truck of his car, looking one last time at his friend's house. He hadn't seen Eric since their fight, and he preferred it like that anyway. He didn't want to fight with anyone anymore. He sighed and put the house keys into the mailbox, with a little note telling his friend not to worry. He had no idea where he was going to, but he didn't want to depend on anyone anymore.

He climbed in his car and drove straight ahead, not really carrying to where he was going. He stopped by his lawyer's office, because he needed to sign some papers according to some voice mail he'd received on his cellphone, and then drove again. He stopped only when the sun wasn't in the horizon anymore, the moon illumination the ocean. He parked in front of a motel, checked in and went into a small, yet comfortable room.

He took a shower, watched some action film on tv, and tried to sleep. But the more he tried, the less he could stay still. He turned the lights back on, and started to read the book that the previous person who rent the room probably forgot in the bedside table. He started to read it, curious and bored at the same time.

After about half an hour he stopped and read again a sentence that hit him. 'I know the night is not the same as the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained in the day, because they do not then exist, and the night can be a dreadful time for lonely people once their loneliness has started.' Seems the author was right; he felt lonely the day, but when the night showed up, it was even worse. Because he had all the time to think; about what he'd had, what he'd lost. And about what he could have at this moment, where he could be.

He looked at the phone near the bed, and shook his head. He couldn't call her. It was too late. And she said she needed space. He sighed and closed the book, leaning his head against the wall behind him. The more he thought, the more he wanted to call Sydney. Just to say hi, to ask how things were going. He just needed to hear her voice, to feel her smile through the phone.

Vaughn sat on the bed and put the corded phone near him on the mattress. He'd had Sydney's new number thanks to Weiss, but never dared to call her. He took a deep breathe and dialed the number he knew by heart. The ring tone came to his ears, and seemed to last forever. Finally, an angel's voice greeted him.

"Hello?" he closed is eyes, relieved to hear her voice again.

"Hey." he almost whispered, afraid of her reaction. Would she be happy to hear him? Or angry at him?

"Am I interrupting anything?" Sydney shook her head, even if Vaughn couldn't see her.

"No, no, it's alright." she knew Jim wouldn't mind waiting, he'd been the one who told her to pick up the phone.

"Where are you?" she asked, not knowing what to say.

"I'm near the ocean." his answer surprised her.

"With Eric? Or are you with someone else..."

"No, no I'm alone. I just needed...nevermind. Tell me about you. How are you doing?" she didn't like his answer, but she knew she couldn't force him to talk if he didn't want to.

"The place is great. The house is big, I have plenty of space, and a nice backyard." he was glad to hear that she liked her new surroundings.

"How's work?"

"I didn't start yet, the boss gave me a week to settle in."

"It's nice of him." she nodded and saw Jim in the corner of her eyes, cleaning up their dinner. They've had time to eat a nice meal, and were chatting when the phone rang.

"Can you hold on a second?"

"Sure." Vaughn lied back on the bed and switch off the light, letting only the little lamp on the bedside table on. Sydney put her hand on the phone before talking to her guest.

"Jim, just let it all on the table."

"It's okay I'm almost done anyway. I'm gonna head back home, get some sleep." Sydney opened her mouth to ask him to stay but he put his hand up, stopping her.

"I'll see you monday morning, okay?" she nodded and opened the door for him, thanking him for coming to her house. He wished her good night and went back to his house walking. She locked the door and put the phone back on her ear as she switched off the lights and went to sit on the couch, her legs under her.

"So where were we?" they talked and talked for hours, not counting the hours. It was saturday night, they would sleep the next day anyway. Vaughn wanted to know everything about the new life Sydney was living, but wasn't opening up about him. Sydney sensed something wasn't right, but he wouldn't talk to her about it.

"Vaughn what's going on?" he frowned. It wasn't the first time of the night she asked him that.

"Nothing, why?"

"Tell me." she wasn't giving him much choice anyway, so he decided he'd better be honest with her.

"I miss you." Sydney sighed.

"We already-"

"-talked about it, yes, I know. You asked, I answered." she smiled at his stubbornness. Suddenly she asked what she was dying to ask since the beginning of the conversation.

"How are things with Lauren?" she heard him sigh; it wasn't a good sign.

"She...let's say it's going to be more complicated than what I was expecting."

"Meaning?"

"She doesn't agree with the divorce. She said we still could try to...that she could help me remember the past." Sydney didn't say a word, and he knew it wasn't good. She was doubting, she was afraid it would never end up.

"Sydney I promise you I'll do whatever is needed to end everything the sooner I can."

"What if it's too late anyway?" what did that mean? Wasn't she going to wait for him? Feeling he was troubled Sydney cleared what she just said.

"What if we get lost in the way? What if it takes too long? If one of us meet someone else or-" he cut her of, afraid of what she was talking about.

"Syd did you meet someone over there?" she smiled, touched by his insecurities. Didn't he know that she would never love someone else?

"Of course not. You know I won't."

"But we never know..." Vaughn mumbled, more to himself than to Sydney.

"Look, all I can do is I promise to do anything to divorce the sooner I can. And the day it's done, the minute I'm finally free, I'll show up at your door. I'll take you away, we'll go far away in vacation. Just the two of us." his words made her want to believe that someday, this would come true. But as much as she wanted to believe in a future for them, she'd learn to be careful with her wishes.

"I can't wait." they both smiled, finally happy for the first time in weeks. They talked some more before Vaughn noticed how late it was already for Sydney. She said she didn't mind, but he wouldn't let her stay up anymore because of him. So he wished her goodnight, said that he would call back in a few days, and they both hung up, finally believing that maybe, someday, they could be together again. Free and happy. But for that, they would have to wait.

*quote from "A Farewell To Arms" by Ernest Hemingway

Sci :watsup:

Jim is great, as a friend for Sydney. Certainly not a romantic interest, please. Can I say once again I hate Lauren? Not an uncommon reaction I know. I really liked their phone conversation. Very sad.
Thanks for the PM

Great update. I so hate Lauren for making things difficult.. Doesn't Vaughn not remembering her make her realise she means nothing to him.

Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

Can we have like this big enormous showdown with Vaughn and Lauren? Vaughn really insults Lauren, makes her look like a loser, gets his divorce, and runs to Syd. that would be really cool.

It's been awhile but the update was worth it :blush:

I officially hate Lauren :angry:

Syd & Vaughn's phone conversation was really sweet, I hope he'll be able to divorce his wife very soon because they're both miserable without each other.

Thanks for the pm

Sab

:love: :angel2:

I hope nothing happens between Syd and Jim...
At least Vaughn and Syd are talking and want to be together.
thanks for the pm.
update again soon please.

Back