Sci-Fi Minority Report (Fox) (TV series)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Minority Report

Genre: Crime, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2015-09-21

Creator: Max Borenstein

Cast: Stark Sands, Meagan Good, Nick Zano, Daniel London, Laura Regan, Li Jun Li, Wilmer Valderrama

Overview: Ten years after the demise of Precrime, crime-solving is different and justice leans more on sophisticated and trusted technology than on the instincts of the precogs—individuals who able to see the future. In Washington, D.C., a man haunted by the future and a cop haunted by her past race to stop the worst crimes of the year 2065 before they happen.
Minority Report (Fox) (TV series)

Looks like Minority Report is getting ready for a possible run as a TV series. I am kind of surprised because it has been over 10 years since the movie came out and Fox, who is doing a pilot for a possible series, doesn't exactly have a good track record with sci-fi shows (*cough* Almost Human *cough* Firefly *cough*).

Minority Report hails from 20th TV and Paramount TV, whose feature siblings produced the Tom Cruise-starring film. The series is envisioned as a sequel to the movie. It is set 10 years after the end of Precrime in DC. One of the three Precogs struggles to lead a “normal” human life, but remains haunted by visions the future, when he meets a detective haunted by her past who just may help him find a purpose to his gift.[/quote[

Minority Report was not one of my very liked movies. In fact, most of my friends & family that like scifi dont care for it. To me, a TV series would be like putting lip-stick on a pig. Like most TV shows that are based on a lack-luster movie, I will avoid it. Its just more felgercarb to be rehashed.

I am so far out of the TV series watching mode that there are very few of them I want to see. Lately I have been watching old favs and thats about it. I have trouble listing the current shows I follow on my fingers.

{split from the movie thread}

The TV series adaption of Minority Report premiered this week and, honestly, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. :coffee:

If you've seen the movie then you'll be familiar with the background of the characters and with a lot of the terminology used but most viewers will likely be able to follow without seeing it. The technology in the series pilot is on par with what was seen in the movie, a combination of today's world with a melding of tech that is the probable evolution of today's tech.

The series picks up the characters several years after the end of the movie with Dash, the youngest of the two male twins, and the youngest of the three precogs, being the central character. Dash is trying his best to prevent the murder visions that he still sees but on his own he has not been getting any results and is still trying to adapt to fitting in with the rest of society. His brother and sister have each taken their own paths. After giving a tip about a murder to a police detective, Dash finds himself suddenly thrust into working with the officer as an informant and way outside of his comfort zone.

The show isn't exactly groundbreaking... think of how many shows there have been with cops working with untrained civilians who suddenly find themselves helping the police and how many shows there have been where a character has visions (if Medium with Patricia Arquette was set 100 years in the future it would've looked like the world of Minority Report)... but the previews for the upcoming season show that Dash's brother & sister have some secrets of their own trying to fight a possible conspiracy against them, so combined with the special effects it just might hold viewers attention for at least a full season.

it just might hold viewers attention for at least a full season
Well, it held their attention to survive a full season but not enough to get a second one. The show is not yet officially canceled but it is not on next years schedule either and the lead actress, Meagan Good, is expected to be freed up for other pilots.

Has anyone seen the NEW X-FILES? It has come back starting Jan. 24th with most of the original stars! That means Mulder, Scully and Skinner, all many years older! Unfortunately, my timer on the VCR cut off early, half-way through the show. I am intensely interested in this show, because I AM AN ABDUCTEE. People say I am more of a contactee, because the aliens and the government are GOOD GUYS.

Back