Not everything in life has to be a sacrifice

Title: Not everything in life has to be a sacrifice

Ship: S/V

Genre: Angst/romance

Disclaimer: I own none of these characters except Aryen and Alex, all the rest are JJ’s etc etc.

Summary: S/V. Basically it’s about Sydney and Vaughn, post resurrection, still tension between S/V. They save two CIA agents, Aryen and Alex, which then join the team. Go on missions etc. Aryen has a dark secret that will affect everyone at the CIA!
Also Rambaldi is involved. Sark is evil and works for the Covenant (yes they weren’t destroyed), Lauren is dead (and will stay dead!) and Nadia was killed before Sydney could find her.

Hi guys yes it’s me here again with another fic! I have almost finished this fic so decided it was about time to post it. It’s a bit slow at the beginning but I promise it will get better!
I hope you like it. :hug:
Read, enjoy and review. :smiley:

Chapter 1

In Dixon’s office, CIA Headquarters’

Sydney had to steady herself on a chair. She couldn’t believe what Dixon had just said to her. It couldn’t be true, could it?? She just stood there in disbelief. Vaughn was also stunned by the revelation. It affected both of them deeply and neither of them had had a clue. They couldn’t believe it had been going on for 18 years and it was kept from them!

1 month earlier
London, England.

Aryen was sitting tied to a chair in an abandoned warehouse. She was blindfolded and gagged alone side a 21 year old CIA operative, Alex King and a 17 year old boy, Liam Johnson. They had been trying to protect Liam, the son of a wealth American business man who Sark wanted to abduct, to get his father’s co-operation. Liam had been sent to college in England for his own safety and left in the care of Agent King. Aryen and Alex would have to pay the price for trying to keep Liam from Sark.

As Aryen had became conscious she heard footsteps walking towards her. He took off her blindfold and gag. Aryen wasn’t surprised at who she saw. It was Sark.

“Aryen Ryan what a pleasure it is to finally meet you in person.” Sark said in his British accent. Aryen didn’t say a word. She just sat in silence. “Aryen you know the Covenant has missed you since you ran away from us. All we wanted to do was help you.” Aryen still remained deadly silent. “So you’re not very talkative, well we can always sort that out.”

Just as Sark finished that sentence the doors of the warehouse burst open. In ran five CIA operatives that had been sent to rescue the trio. Sark managed to escape the building even with Sydney Bristow hot on his tail, shooting at him. He got into a black car and drove away. There was nothing Sydney could do but watch. I’ll get you, sooner or later, Sydney thought to herself.

Inside the warehouse Michael Vaughn was helping the others untie the captives.

“Thanks for saving us” Aryen muttered. Once all of them were untied Michael informed them that they had to leave. It wasn’t safe for them to stay.

As they left the warehouse Vaughn approached Sydney. “Syd.” he said softly.

“Michael, I don’t want to talk. Not here…and not now.” She replied

“Sydney please let me explain. You have hardly talked to me since Palermo. I need you to know how I feel.” he pleaded with her.

“Later, when we get back we can talk. Ok?” Sydney offered. Vaughn nodded his head disappointed as they left the building.

On the plane journey home all Aryen could do was think about what it would be like back in America, back at the CIA, which she had left a year earlier. All she wanted to do was have a normal life. She had been recruited at the age of 14 due to her connections with the Covenant and when she left at the age of 17 finally thought she could get on with her life. That wasn’t possible.

Sydney stared at this young woman for most of the trip back, knowing there was something about her, something she could put her finger on, something familiar about her.

If you want a pm, please ask.

I only posted this 30 minutes ago and I already have 4 replys! :notworthy:
Of course you can all have pms. :D

Becca - thanks for all your help with this fic. Love you. :hug:

Pm list

broe4ever929
KAC
julesvartan
dreamer920

Pm list

broe4ever929
KAC
julesvartan
dreamer920
smartgirl2004
luckylass
mightylittleone
vaughnshoney
vaughnsgurl4lf
alias/gglover
Sydney L Bristow
vaughnlover22
Lovygirl
maddy28
vaughnroxmysox

Thanks everyone for reading. If you're lucky I might update later on if I get back from work early! :smiley:

I said early I would update so here I am updating! :D
I'm just so happy. I love my new car! :drive:
And as it is the last Alias of the season tonight I thought it only fair to update. :woot:
All comments and criticisms welcome.
Here it is:

Chapter 2

Back in L.A

Sydney had just stepped off the plane and was shattered. All she wanted to do was go home and curl up in her bed, but she knew that wasn’t going to happen. She had to talk to Vaughn first and sort out their relationship or lack of one. Aryen noticed Sydney’s face and asked her what was wrong. Sydney just replied that it wasn’t important. She couldn’t see why this girl would be so interested in her relationship with Vaughn, but then again maybe she just wanted to see if she was ok.

As Sydney approached her car she heard someone shouting after her. She turned around and saw it was Vaughn. “Sydney.” He said a little out of breath as he had been running towards her. “Did you want to go out tonight?” he asked nervously.

“Vaughn…” was all she got out before he interrupted her.

“Sydney all I want to do I talk, please.” He looked at her with his gorgeous green eyes. It just made her melt.

“It’s late Vaughn.” She said looking at her watch. She didn’t realise it was already one in the morning, thank god. Vaughn looked so disappointed. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to talk to him she just didn’t think she could do it tonight. Instead she suggested something else. “I’ll tell you what. I’ll meet you at the pier tomorrow night 7.30. Is that ok?”

His face brightened up. “Yeah sure that would be great.” He said with a smile and walked to his car.

On the drive home, all he could think about was tomorrow with Sydney. He hoped she would understand about Lauren and all the events that have happened with her. Why I couldn’t leave Lauren when her father died even though I craved to be with Sydney. He loved her. He always had, ever since she walked into the CIA with that bozo wig. He wanted her to know that, and know that no matter what happened that would never change and he would always be there for her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, on the other side of LA, Aryen was being driven with Alex to a safe house. They had remained silent for the whole journey in the car. As soon as they entered the house Alex had to break the silence. He couldn’t stand Aryen not talking to him. “Aryen, I’m sorry about what happened. I never meant to drag you into this. I never wanted them to find you again”

“Well, you did!” she said angrily

“You know I never wanted to hurt you. I only wanted to protect you.”

“Alex….”

Alex interrupted her “You know I didn’t know you were there. They didn’t tell me where you were and then when I saw you again I couldn’t just let you walk by and pretend I didn’t know you.”

“I know, you didn’t know, no one did. That’s the point of being in the witness protection. Alex, you know I couldn’t stay with the Covenant after me it was too dangerous. I had to leave. Why couldn’t you just let me go?”

“When you left I lost my best friend, my partner. I missed you and I couldn’t imagine my life without you. You were the one thing that brightened up my day. When ever I was down you were always there to offer a friendly ear and I just wanted that back….I wanted you back.” he replied, with a tear in his eye. What he really wanted to say was that he regretted never telling her how he really felt about her before she left and now it was too late. He knew she was mad at him for ruining her now ‘normal’ life and he was sorry for that, but he didn’t think she would forgive for that.

“Alex, this wasn’t easy for me either you know. I had to give up everything. My job…my friends…my life. Most of the time I wanted to come running back here, to you and my former life, but that wasn’t possible.” They stared at each other and Aryen realised she couldn’t be mad at him for long. She was mad that he had ruined everything, but she had missed her former life. This was what she wanted. She wanted to go back to her previous life and now that might actually be possible.

Back