Once Around the Block

👋

Title: Once Around the Block (Fluffy angst, intrigue and a lot of FB). S/V/L/S kinda of story. What happened after Vaughn shot Lauren in Palermo)

Author: CJ (Sarkattack)

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters! J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot and ABC own them.

Rating: PG-13 because I know a LOT of my reader are underage!

Spoilers: None

Summary: We all know what happened in S-3. Sydney came back from the dead to find Vaughn married to someone else other than her. Now that Lauren has been found out by Vaughn and Sydney and has been left for dead in an excavation hole in Palermo, Italy. Vaughn and Sydney try to resume the relationship they had before those 2 years happened, but realised that they aren't the same people they used to be 3 years ago.

Can they start to trust each other again? Can Sydney ever get back the years that she missed? Is Lauren's ghost gonna affect Sydney/ Vaughn's relationship. All twists and turns at each corner. Intrigued? Keep reading!

Author's Note: This was my first fic that I started almost a year ago. I never thought this one would ever see the light of day, but I just couldn't resist. Thank you so much for your kind reviews of The Price of Fame and Miracle! I hope I don’t disappoint you with this one! Even though the story is nor finish writing yet, I know exactly where I'm going and can't wait to take you on this incredible journey with me. Please review! :P

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 1: New Start</span>

In a hospital not far from LA, a woman whose identity is unknown is brought to the emergency room. After a few hours of tests, her broken body is lying down on the bed and she doesn't remember who she is. She has been brought in by a couple of men who seemed to really care about what happens to her. By the attention that she is receiving from the medical staff, one might think that she is a very important person. The men are in the hallway discussing on what the next step should be. They all agree, this woman has to recover from her wounds very quickly and be back to her life as soon as possible.
One of the men is talking to the doctor about the extend of her injuries. From the x-rays that they took, she received 6 bullets to the chest area and has a severe head trauma due to a fall from about 20 meters. One of the men’s cell phone rang and here is what it is said:

" Is she going to recover?"
"Yes"
"Does she remember what happened to her?"
"Not yet, but the doctor said that she will probably remember in time."
"Where are Sydney Bristow and Michael Vaughn?"
" On there way back to LA."
" Do we have someone monitoring their progress?"
" Yes, someone is on site."
" Keep me posted on the progress."
"Will do."

The communication ended.

After a while, another communication takes place.
"Sir, my contact is ready to go."
" Good, now we have to find a way to extract Mr. Sark from the CIA custody as soon as possible".
" I'm working on it."
"Fine, we'll meet in a couple of days."

MEANWHILE ON THE PLANE BACK TO LA

On there way home, Vaughn and Sydney are sitting all wrapped up in each other arms and looking very much in love. Sydney is the first one to break the silence:

"Vaughn, how did you get there so fast, the last time I saw you, and you were going in for surgery?"
" Are you sure you are ok? "

" Syd, when I woke up after my surgery, I was looking for you and all I wanted to do was look into your beautiful face, but all I saw, was Weiss. Not that it is not great to wake up looking at a friend's face but I wanted to see you. You weren't in the hospital, so I asked Weiss where you were. At first, he was very reluctant to tell me because of my condition but I make threats to strangle him if he didn't tell me where you were. He had no choice, he told me that you have gone after Lauren and all I wanted to do was to get to you as soon as possible. He helped me get dress and I took him hostage and escaped the hospital through the back door. I had to be very clever because the place was crawling with agents; they were going to take me into custody because of my rogue operation. I don't regret leaving the hospital because I wanted to find you and Lauren.

I was afraid that Lauren might do something and I would not be there for you. I know I let you down some many times this past year, I kept hurting you and I couldn't not take to see the hurt and the disappointment in your eyes again. I had to find a way to make you trust me again. I didn't even think twice about my medical condition or the risk I was taking by leaving the hospital bed so soon after surgery, my mind kept going back to you. I am glad that I was able to be there for you. When I got there and saw you two fighting, my heart stop beating for a minute and that's when I saw the gun pointed at your head, I knew I had no choice, she had to die.

“Vaughn, the doctor told me that you had a puncture lung, are you sure it was wise to come after me. You should know by now that I can take care of myself. You could have made your condition even worst but I still glad that you came for me. You are my knight and shining armor.

“Yes, I'm fine, a little sore but nothing a vacation won't cure.
" Vaughn, you took a big risk leaving the hospital so soon after your surgery. As soon as we get back to LA, we are going to have you check out at the hospital. I am not risking the chance that you have aggravated your injuries. Ok?

“Ok, whatever you say. As long as you are with me, I'll go wherever you want.

“So, do you think Dixon will give us a few days to rest? Maybe we can finally take that trip to Santa Barbara. It is a trip 2 years in the making and I only want to go there with you.

“Vaughn, Santa Barbara? are you sure that you want to go there, especially after the last time we tried to go, maybe we can go somewhere more tropical. How about Mexico?

“Syd, good idea, as soon as we get home, I will make the reservations for Mexico. I can see us sitting on the beach drinking some tropical cocktails, looking at the beautiful sunset and dancing under the moonlight.

"But before we go, Sydney, there is one more thing you need to know:
during the years that I was married to Lauren, I never really loved her, when we met, I was a broken man, I couldn't find anything to smile about and she took advantage of my grief, of the man I became and used it to fulfill her agenda for the Covenant. I told you when we were in North Korea that in my life there was only one person, that person is you Sydney. I have been in love with you from the moment I saw you and I realized that you are the only person for me. You are my soul mate, my meant to be and faith brought us together and every time I look at you, I see my past, my present and my future. I know it is going to take time to regain what we had before but I will do anything to have you back into my life, because I can't live with you.

Sydney with tears in her eyes is looking into Vaughn's beautiful green eyes and says:
"Vaughn, I fell in love with you the moment my eyes met yours and all during SD-6, my mother, you have been the only constant in my life and I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life. I think that everything that happened until this point is for a reason. It was faith that we met that day soon after Danny died. I always thought that you were my soul mate, my other half and....I just love you so much.

"Syd, I love you so much that sometimes, I can't breathe. I am not going to lose you again. This time, it is forever."

A voice on the microphone told them to put their seatbelts on and get ready for the decent.

At the airport, someone is watching Sydney and Vaughn getting off the airplane and started talking on a cell phone.

" They just landed."
"Good, you know what to do."
" Yes."
" Keep me posted."

So what did you think?

TBC

:redhair:

Here is the Part 1 and 2. I decided to post them together cause one goes with the other one. Have a nice day!

Chapter 2: Just like old times (part 1)

Sydney and Vaughn are on their way to her place. They are sitting in the car and for a few minutes now, Sydney is looking at Vaughn with a big smile on her face. She is thinking about how much she loves this man and also everything they went through last night with Lauren. She knew that she had to die but she wishes that Vaughn wouldn't have to be the one to pull the trigger. She knew that he needed the closure and by the way he was on the plane with me, it seems that I got my Vaughn back the way he was before all this started two years ago.
After a few seconds, Vaughn felt her loving glance and turned to look at her.

" What are you smiling about?"

"You."

" What about me?"

" I was thing how much I missed looking at your gorgeous face".

Vaughn blushing a bit “I know how you feel; I can really look at you without feeling guilty about it anymore." "You know how I love looking at your beautiful smile."

Lost in each other eyes and smiling like teenagers in love. Sydney had just realized something.

“Vaughn, I was thinking that you never seen my new place, hope you like it".

"Syd, I am sure I will; did you ever hear the saying that home is where you heart is and since my heart is always with you, home is wherever you are."

Sydney's smile gets bigger and she started laughing.

" Such a romantic, Mr. Vaughn."

" You have no idea how much I missed you, Syd."

" Not as much as I did."

" You wanna bet."

They started laughing in unison. The rest of the drive seemed to go not fast enough, they wanted to be alone and into each other's arms as they kept exchanging looks and smiles as a sign of understanding. They always could talk to each other without saying a word to one and other. It is this undenying connection they have, a connection of the mind, body and soul.

They both got out of the car and opened the door to Sydney's apartment. As they enter, Vaughn takes a quick look around, he immediately notices the bare walls, long gone are the pictures of the people that she loves. Before, in the old apartment, you could find mementos of Francie and Will. The place was so alive and Sydney was so happy there. She doesn't have much furniture in the living room, a couch that as seen a better day, probably given by Weiss, a coffee table and 2 lamps. As he walks around, he couldn't help but be sorry for what she has gone through and he is determine more than ever to make it up to her. Sydney notices his look and walks toward him and grabs his hand.

With a shy smile she says:" I didn't have time to decorate."

" Syd, you don't have to pretend with me."

" I'm not, since I got back, I wasn't in the mood to decorate but now..." now I think I will buy a new couch, I don't know, what you think?"

" Do you want some help? I'm not a great decorator but I'm pretty good with a paint brush."

Sydney, with a big smile on her face, went to hug Vaughn as she can't believe that he is standing in her living room smiling at her.

“Ok, we'll do it this weekend" as she gives him a quick kiss on the lips.

“It’s a date." grinning back at her.

Vaughn grabs Sydney by the waist and turns her around to face him. As their forehead meet, they are both smiling as they are happy to finally be together.

"For now on, this is a new beginning for both of us." Sydney grabs his face between her hands and brings him closer to her lips, at first, their kiss is soft almost as if their lips are not touching but as they continued kissing, the kiss intensified to a point that they are sucking the life out of each other. Out of breath, Vaughn breaks the kiss and looks at the woman he loves with the biggest smile on his face.

“So, didn't you say earlier that you were going to show me how much you missed me.”?

" Didn't that kiss prove it to you?"

" I think that you can do better than that."

" So, Mr. Vaughn, what did you have in mind?"

" Where is you bedroom?"

" Follow me" as she is leading him towards the bedroom.

Chapter 3: Just Like Old Times (Part 2)

Standing across the room from each other, Vaughn walked around, checking out the bedroom and all of the sudden, he is nervous. He has been waiting two years to be with her again and now, here they are. He started moving closer to her without even realizing he was doing so. His heart was beating so fast and loud that he was sure that Sydney could hear it.

“Nice room", he said with a big smile on his face.

“Thank you.” Sydney said as she is looking at him and without a hesitation, she takes a very slow step toward him.

And as if it was meant to be, they felt into a kiss, neither of them aware of who made the first move. She experienced a rush of excitement, God, how much she has missed him. Her heart began beating incredibly faster.

" You are so beautiful."

" Oh God Vaughn, I missed you so much."

She had not intended for this to happen so soon, but now that it has, she was not about to stop it.

Vaughn felt as if he was coming home. He couldn't get over the warmth of her soft lips drawing him in; making him fell welcome and alive. You can hear this song playing in the background.

My love
I'll never find the words, my love
To tell you how I feel, my love
Mere words could not explain
Precious love
You held my life within your hands
Created everything I am
Taught me how to live again

Only you
Cared when I needed a friend
Believed in me through thick and thin
This song is for you
Filled with gratitude and love

God bless you
You make me feel brand new
For God blessed me with you
You make me feel brand new
Without you
My life has no meaning or rhyme
Like notes to a song out of time
How can I repay you for having faith in me
(Simply Red (You make me feel brand new)

She touched his cheeks with her hands, and he experienced a desire so strong and powerful that all the reservations he'd given himself meant nothing, and he knew he had to have this woman in his life forever. Tonight, nothing mattered except the two of them being together.

“Michael," she murmured his name very softly "Michael".

He caressed her neck, down her arms and all the way to her waist and back up again, exploring her body like it was the first time all over again. His hands on her skin are like feathers but at the same time, they are creating an incredible heat marking her flesh with his desire.

“Lie down."

Sydney climbed in the bed and set herself long side him. Staring into each other eyes, Vaughn finally find the strength to put more than two words together.

“Are you sure? We can, you know ...wait"

" Yes, I 'm sure".

Sitting on the bed, Vaughn started unbuttoning her shirt as she trusted here body toward him. Her hands are also struggling to remove his shirt and when she undid all the buttons, she caressed his muscular arms while making "Mmmm." "Mmmm" sounds as a sign of appreciation for what she is seeing before her eyes sending shivers down his entire body.

Sydney was concentrating on kissing him with such an intensity and yearning that he could barely breathe. Vaughn is touching, stroking her satin skin as a way to reclaim her body as his and his alone.

" Syd, I love you."

" Love you too, Michael."

Vaughn looked surprise and smiled at her.

"Since when are you calling me Michael?"

“From now on, maybe...I don't know, do you want me to?

"Syd, at this exact moment, I don't really care what you call me. I'm not even sure I remember my own name". Resume back to the kissing.

TBC

:bye:

CJ

*glares at people at aa*

DO YOU KNOW HOW GOOD CJ'S WORK IS? WHY WON'T ANYONE READ HER FICS? THEY DESERVE TO BE AT 100 PAGES BY NOW, INSTEAD SHE HASN'T EVEN GONE PAST 20!!! I THINK THAT IF YOU WORKED HARD ON A FIC, YOU'D EXPECT SOME REVIEWS!

i love your ficcies CJ!

Gotta agree with Juju here.^^ Your work does deserve more appreciation than it gets CJ. Great start.. Can't wait for more.

Can I get a PM please.

Thanks.

DO YOU KNOW HOW GOOD CJ'S WORK IS? WHY WON'T ANYONE READ HER FICS? THEY DESERVE TO BE AT 100 PAGES BY NOW, INSTEAD SHE HASN'T EVEN GONE PAST 20!!! I THINK THAT IF YOU WORKED HARD ON A FIC, YOU'D EXPECT SOME REVIEWS!

i love your ficcies CJ!

thanks B, for all your kind words, you're the BEST

for those of you who are interested, here are the next 3 chapters

Chapter 4 (Remember me)

Waking up with Vaughn beside her was exciting and exhilarating. She had been dreaming of this moment for two years now. Rested on one elbow as she stared at him for a few minutes. He was a beautiful man, not only good - looking, but kind and caring and a sensational lover. She touched his face, gently stroking the faint stubble around his chin. At the contact of her hand, he stirred in his sleep. She removed her hand, not wishing to disturb him. It was still early around 6:00am and they had an amazing night last night. A smile played around her lips as she remembered all that was said and every gesture they expressed between them. Something magical had taken place last night, a true connection between two people reaching out and finding each other. She gave him a soft kiss on his forehead and headed for the kitchen to have something to eat.

Meanwhile at the hospital near LA

the blond woman is having nightmares as she is trying so hard to remember who she is. She keeps seeing the face of several people but she doesn't know who they are. A man enters the room and picks up the medical chart lying at the end of the bed.

“Hi, remember me?"

“No, I'm sorry I don't."

“I remember you...Julia."

The woman looks at him with a strange look on her face. That name sounds familiar to her but she doesn't know why.

“Are we...huh... related? Mr.?"

“My name is Cole, McKenas Cole and we are business associates.”

“ The doctor told me that you hit your head, but I didn't think it was that severe." looking at her with a crooked smile." "So do you remember anything about your life?"

“Not yet, the doctor said that it would probably come back eventually." “My head hurts a lot."

“I was sent to jog your memory because frankly sweetheart, the Covenant needs you to remember what happened to you and fast. You have some crucial information locked in that brain of yours."

Hope that you are comfortable because I will tell you a little story: "First of all, your name is Julia Thorne and you were the middle child of a wealthy family. You were born in Australia, your father was a diplomat and you mother was a teacher.

“What happened to my family?"

“Patience, my little lamb, you will find out in time."

It happened in the middle of the night, some men dressed in black entered your house, and they tortured and killed your mother and father, your brother Daniel and your little sister Catherine. The Covenant gave these men the order to keep you alive for some medical reason. You were taken to a facility along with other children to participate in an experiment for the government. The project required for kids (5-6 years old) with specific learning predisposition (genius) to undergo extensive tests. A couple of months before their deaths, your mother took you along with your siblings for some medical tests before entering school. The doctor that did the tests discovered that you possessed that ability to learn. So after they were killed. The house was set on fire to remove any trace of the Covenant. The experiment took about one year, where you learned basic weapon training, linguistics, brainwashing techniques and much more. Senator Reed and his family in London, England later adopted you. The Covenant knew that Jack Bristow had tested this project Christmas successfully in the Unites States and that’s why they sent agents like Irina Derevko to steal the project so they could start training children overseas.

Your new name is Lauren Reed. The Covenant decided to change your name because the CIA was investigating your family's tragedy and you had to remain invisible to the world for their future plan to work. The CIA lost trace of you when you emerge for the experiment. For the world, Julia Thorne cease to exist and Lauren Reed was born.

“So I work for this Organization called the Covenant?"

"Yes, McKenas Cole said with a proud smirk on his face.

“For how long?"

“A few years now."

Later on, the Covenant contacted the kids that took part of the experiment and you, along side the other kids were sent to a Farm. Just like the CIA had its Farm, the Covenant also has one. Each person was assigned a teammate to execute the various assignments; your partner in crime was none other than Julian Sark.

The doctor walked in the room and said to McKenas Cole: "we need to runs some tests, so you will have to come back later."

“Fine, I will, Julia, you rest now and we'll talk some more later, ok?"

“Ok and Mr. Cole...huh...thank you for coming."

“My pleasure Ms Thorne, see you in a little while."

Back to Sydney's apartment

Sydney is in the kitchen trying to figure out what to have for breakfast. She is listening to her answering machine. There is a message from Weiss. Here is what the message says:

“Hi Sydney, it's Weiss, I hope that everything went well and that you and Vaughn came back safe and sound. I tried to reach Mike at home but I guess he is with you where he belongs. If you guys decide to come back to work anything soon, I guess I'll see you then. Say Hi to Mike for me and if you guys want some company or need anything, give me a call. Huh, well I guess I'll talk to you guys later.

Sydney listened to the message and a big smile appeared across her face, Eric was such a good friend to Vaughn and her, if it weren't for him, they would have never have gotten together in the first place. God bless him. She turned around and Vaughn was staring at her with a big grin on his face. She gave him a big shot of her dimples. Looking at her, he couldn't stop thinking how he would like to wake up like this every morning.

“Good morning" he said with a flash of that gorgeous smile of his.

"Good morning, how long have you been standing there?"

“Not long, I was just watching you." "You are so beautiful.” as he came closer to give her a kiss.

Standing in front of each other, Sydney puts her hands on his neck and decided to play with his hair and gave him a big kiss in return. They were standing there for a while, holding each other and looking in each other's eyes. Her stomach started to gurgle and they started to laugh.

“What do you want for breakfast?"

“Anything, I'm easy."

“After a night like last night, we deserve the breakfast of champions."

"Ok, Ms Bristow, lead the way."

TBC

CJ

Here is Chapter 5 of this saga that I started almost a year ago. This story is not over yet as I started working on The Price of Fame and Miracle. Hope you enjoy this chapter and maybe you'll discover my writing style that some of you already know from reading my other stories. ENJOY!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 5 (old is new again)</span>

Sydney and Vaughn have been staring at each other for a few minutes now. Neither of them wants to break this dance that their eyes are doing. Finally Sydney broke the stare and smiled at him.

“So, what do you feel like?"

“You." He said with a devilish smile on his face.

“Vaughn, we need some food, I'm starving." "Aren't you hungry?" "Go take your shower and I will make breakfast."

Looking at her intensively. "Why, I have a better idea than food right now, want to hear it?” smiling at her.

"I think I have a pretty good idea what you have in mind Mr. Vaughn."

“Oh Syd, come on, why don't we take a shower together, then we can have breakfast."

“How can I resist such a generous offer?" Grabbing his hand.

Sydney and Vaughn stepped into the shower; the water is a perfect temperature. Sydney is standing, her back to him and started to get wet. The water is cascading down her body and Vaughn is watching every drop on her body. His eyes are following her hands to her hair and to the rest of her body. Finally she turns around to face him still holding the sponge.

“Can you wash my back?"

“My pleasure." Grabbing the sponge from her hand and started lathering it between his hands and massaging Sydney's shoulders and down her back.

" Mmmm, that feels so good, don't stop."

Smiling at her, he bends down and started to kiss her neck and moving his lips down her body. "My god Syd, you're so tense." “I think I have a way to relax you." still kissing her.

“Vaughn, at this rate, we'll never have breakfast." Sighed - a long- drown-out sound.

“Who cares?" Turning her around to look into her eyes.

" You are right, who cares." grabbing his face between her hands and started to kiss him on his forehead, down his neck and traced the contours of his chest with her tongue, watching his face as he obviously still loves it when she does that - so she really got into it, licking and sucking, teasing him with little love bites.

“Hmmm.Syd." That's all he could muster, barely able to put two words together.

“Sssh and enjoy it", she said leisurely traveling down his entire body sending shivers all over. Vaughn is barely hanging on to the wall behind him, he feels that anytime now, his legs will give out and they both going to fall in the shower. He is enjoying this too much to make her stop; he is not a stupid man. He started to kiss her, slowly at first, but as things began to heat up, it was all he could do to control himself.

“You are so beautiful," he said totally out of breath."

“You’re not bad either," as she touched the scar on his chest. She remembers when she had to stab him to save his life from Simon.

Vaughn was just thinking how he missed their lovemaking sessions in the shower, like it was not enough waking up with the most beautiful woman in the world; he had this to look forward to every morning. Lauren was never a morning person, so he took up jogging as his morning workout. He used to go running with Weiss every morning and let Lauren sleep in. Weiss was getting good at keeping up with him. That thought made him laugh.

“Hey, what are you thinking about?"

“This!" How I missed our showers together and I had to take up jogging with Weiss as a morning workout while you were gone," while continuing kissing her gorgeous neck.

His kisses became more aggressive, moving for her lips to her neck and down her body, making love to her like his life depended on it.

After the shower, they were sitting in the kitchen eating their big breakfast which was consisting of omelets, fresh strawberries, croissants, orange juice, a coffee late for her and an espresso for him.

“So, I was thinking where are you going to leave? Are you keeping the house or will you move to an apartment?"

“I haven't really thought about it, this happened so fast.... I guess I can crash on Weiss's couch for a while until I decide what to do. I don't want to live in that house every again."

“I understand, do you think Weiss will mind having a roommate? Because you know...you can stay here... if you want to."

“Syd, nothing would please me more... but I think moving in together is a big step and we just got back together and I want us to wait before we become roomies. Ok?"

Before Sydney could answer him back, the phone rang. She got up and ran for the phone.

“Hello"

“Hey Syd, it's me, Eric. Uh, I'm sorry to disturb marital bliss but your pagers are not on that's why I called, there is an urgent meeting at JTF." Something major happened and it's really important for you guys to hear. Dixon told me to track you guys down pronto.

“What about?"

“Don’t know, I guess we'll found out when you two get here."

“We’re on our way."

By the sound of Weiss's voice, it doesn't sound good. Hopefully whatever it is won't jeopardize her new life with Vaughn.

Sydney goes back to the kitchen where Vaughn is sitting reading the paper. As soon as she enters, he looked up and saw the concern in her eyes.

“What’s going on?"

“Eric just called, there is an urgent meeting this morning, and they are waiting for us to get there."

“Ok, let's go get dress."

TBC

Here is Chapter 6 of Once Around the Block. will post the next chapter very soon.

Have a nice day!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 6 Welcome back Mr. Vaughn</span>

The meeting was about to start, Sydney and Vaughn had just arrived at JTF and they both look very nervous about what is going to happen. Sydney is looking around the room, looking for a familiar face like her father or Dixon. She entered Dixon's office and saw that he was on the phone. Sydney is trying to read his facial expressions, trying to see what is going on but Dixon is really brief in his responses, so no luck in reading him. Jack is also on the phone as Sydney walks over to him.

“Hey Dad, what is going on?"

“Hi Sweetheart, we have just received some Intel about Katya and your mother."

“WHAT! Where are they?"

“I’m not sure, I guess since Dixon is still on the phone with Interpol; he's going to have more info for us at the meeting.

Everybody walked into the boardroom and took their seat. Everybody is looking around the room, trying to get a feeling of who might know something and who is in the dark. Sydney is looking at Vaughn as they exchange a smile while they are waiting for Dixon to come in.

Dixon walks in with two other agents by his side. The two gentlemen take their seat beside Vaughn on the other side on the conference table. Dixon stood up and cleared his throat.

“Good morning all, First of all, an update on Marshall. I spoke to Carrie a few hours ago and the doctor told her that he is going to be fine and out of the hospital in a couple of weeks. He was lucky because the bullet missed a major organ by only a few inches. In the meantime, Mathew here will be replacing him."

Everyone acknowledge him as a silent hi was felt around the room. Mathew was looking in Sydney's direction until he met Vaughn's eyes staring at him. He knew better than to try to steal that woman from agent Vaughn. He had no chance whatsoever.

“Ok, you might be wondering about the two gentlemen sitting with you guys, they are from the NSC and they are here to investigate Lauren Reed's affiliation with the Covenant which led to her death."

“Agent Vaughn, since you were married to agent Reed and also you were present at the time of her death; we want you to assist us during our investigation."

Vaughn looked at Sydney in a very loving way and it was a look that didn't go unnoticed by the NSC agents. They started whispering at each other and one of them wrote something in a black book. They looked at Vaughn in such a way that one might think they probably thought that he killed Lauren to be with Sydney Bristow. Vaughn stared back at them as the stare down continued, after a few minutes, both men decided to turn their eyes somewhere else around the room. A brief smile of victory appeared on Vaughn's face.

" Katya Derevko was last seen in Palermo where she encountered Sydney. She saw that
Sydney was alone and tried to eliminate her. Unfortunately for Katya, Sydney figured her out; Katya was there for the Rambaldi device and would not have hesitated to kill whoever stood in her way. Sydney knocked her out with a tranquilizing dart and that was the last time she was seen until now.

A confused look echo around the room, so Dixon continued his briefing.

“A few hours ago, Echelon picked up her movement as none other than Irina Derevko met her at the Geneva airport. We also know that Katya is the one responsible for stabbing agent Vaughn because she was working with Lauren and the Covenant while pretending to be concern about the welfare of the passenger. Her double- crossed us, we should have known that she couldn't be trusted; after all, she's also a Derevko. As far as Sloane is concern, we can assume that Nadia is with him, we still not sure yet if it was a kidnapping or that he left the CIA safe house on her own. Sloane and Irina used to be partners and maybe they decided to team up again to protect their daughter.

Jack is the first to react at the last statement; he was thinking that Irina was so helpful when Sydney was missing. Could she have known all along that she was alive and where she was, no it is impossible, Irina wouldn't choose one daughter over the other one nor could she? Has she? Was killing Sydney her endgame all along? Too many questions and soon he would get the answers from her even if he has to torture her to get them. That's a promise.

Sydney is trying to absorb the news that her mother might have been responsible for her two missing years and that she wanted her to become a trained assassin for the Covenant. She is not Irina Derevko and she would never be. She looks at her father as they exchanged a smile; Jack took her hand in his as a way to say that he would protect her always.

“Dixon, what's our next move.”? Sydney is asking, as she is anxious to find her mother. She needs answers that only Irina can give to her.

"We have Sark in our custody, since he was running the North American division of the Covenant with Lauren, I am sure that he knows more than he is telling. "Sydney, I want you to talk to him, see what he knows about Katya and Irina, also what's in Geneva and we need to know what they found in Palermo.

Meeting adjourned, Dixon escorted the NSC agents out of his office. When he came back, Vaughn and Sydney were still in there talking. Dixon cleared his throat as to give them a signal that he was back.

“Sydney, if you don't mind, I need to talk to Vaughn alone."

Sydney looked concern as she left Dixon's office because she didn't want Vaughn to be investigated for killing his wife. “That b**** deserved to die. She left him no choice; he was defending me because Lauren had a gun pointed at my head. Vaughn made the choice between us and her and we won and now, she is dead.

“Vaughn, I'm sorry for what happened to you, nobody should have to track down his own wife. You found out that she betrayed you and almost killed you twice. I will support you with the NSC, it was self-defense and I am willing to testify to that fact and I am sure Sydney will too.

“Thank you Dixon." Vaughn said as he shook Dixon's hand.

“When I got there, she had a gun pointed at Sydney's head and was about to kill her."

Flashback

“No, drop it Lauren, its over.” Let her go." Vaughn said pointing a gun at Lauren.

“If you love her, drop your gun." Lauren said as she is holding Sydney by the neck and has a gun at her right temple.

Vaughn is about to drop his gun at his feet.

“You really are a boy scout." Lauren said with a twisted smirk on her face.

Vaughn took a look at Sydney and without hesitation, raised his gun and started shooting in Lauren's direction. Lauren lost her balance and fell a few feet down a shaft. Sydney got away from her as she ran into Vaughn's loving arms.

End of Flashback

"Vaughn, I want you to go see Dr.Barnett, she can help you manage your anger and that would help your new relationship with Sydney."

“Dixon, Sydney and I are fine."

“Vaughn, as a friend but I'm also your boss, this is not a request but an order. You can thank me later if you want." Dixon said with a little smile on his face.

“Fine, I'll go.” as Vaughn left Dixon's office.

At the same time, Sydney is making her way towards Sark's cell.

TBC

Hehe I love this, it's so great, can I have a PM please :Please: But I think I may have read the first two chapters at allies, I don't remember :blink:

:eek:ldhi: Guys,

Well it's Monday and I felt like giving you another update. I'm posting 2 chapters today. Hope you all like them.
Will be posting another chapter very soon.

For those of you who just discovered this story, Welcome and the rest of you who read it from the start, here we go....

Enjoy and Have a nice Monday Guys! :groupwave:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 7 : The truth and nothing but the truth</span>

Sark is pacing in his cell, left arm in a sling. He is wondering who and when someone will come and talk to him. Vaughn beat the felgercarb out of him because he wanted info on the whereabouts of his wife Lauren. He was acting like a mad man and he wouldn’t want to be Lauren right about now. He is wondering if she is okay, I mean he likes the woman and she is very good at what she does. After all, she was able to fool her husband and the entire CIA for two years; that takes talent and dedication.
He is also wondering is he was able to recover the Rambaldi artifact, that piece is crucial to their master plan. He never thought that he could like a woman as much as Lauren, she is driven maybe more than I sometime and we work well together.

As he is thinking out loud

“We could be the most powerful couple and maybe one day, we will control the Covenant. “
“AH, a person can dream, can they?”” It would be a nice payback for all the felgercarb that Sloane and Cole gave me; I want them to beg me to work for my organization. Yeah someday, they will do so; you can count on it.” Said with a little smirk.

As for Lauren, I hope that she made it because her husband and his lovely girlfriend were determining to find her.

Michael Vaughn is a fool; Sark thought to himself, he should have known that a woman like Lauren would have an agenda from the start. Michael Vaughn felt that his wife was responsible for coming between him and the love of his life Sydney Bristow.

Ah, Sydney Bristow, she is quite a woman, too bad that she never agreed to work with us; she would have been a valuable asset. She is extremely beautiful, smart and very deadly. Any man would kill for the likes of her, no wonder agent Vaughn is so in love with her and would do anything for her. Maybe I can convince her to come and work for us, together we can make an awesome team. His thoughts were interrupted when he came face to face with the only woman he knows he will never have nor could he?

On the other side of the glass, Sydney is looking at him. Their eyes met as they are studying each other. Sydney wanted to smile because of what Vaughn did to him. She could see that he is in terrible pain; maybe we could use that to our advantage. Sark also has a little smirk on his face, thinking how fun it’s going to be to play with her mind.

“Sydney, what do I owe this pleasure? Is the CIA running out of agents to send you to come and talk to me?
“Also where is Mr. Vaughn, I assumed that he would like to come and watch this interrogation.”
“I didn’t think that you care about what happens to me, I’m truly touched.”

“Sark, you’re so full of yourself. I’m not here because of what happens to you, can I say I like to see you in pain but we need some information and you’re going to help us. “Understood?”

“Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, always blunt I see, but I have a question for you, what do I get for my cooperation, because I need a few things to make my short stay here more comfortable.”

“Maybe we can get you medical attention, I can see that you are in a great deal of pain, as for the other items, cooperate with us and I’ll see what I can do.”

“Your boyfriend, Mr. Vaughn went crazy when he learned about his wife. Judging from my injuries, one might think that he still has strong feelings for her. After all, they were married for 2 years before you decided to come back from the dead. Did you ever question him why he moved on so fast after your supposedly death? Aren’t curious about that because I know I would be?”

Sark is looking at Sydney, he knows that what he is saying is affecting her because she is shaking and you can see her mind racing faster that a speeding bullet. She seems very uncomfortable and in a hurry to leave this place. Now, Sark knows that he can use this to destroy them; their love will be their downfall. If he can put doubts in their minds, he will be able to tear them apart.

“We are not here to discuss my relationship with Vaughn, what happens or not between us is our business and nobody else. Oh, by the way, Lauren is dead so don’t expect her to come here and save you. You are in CIA custody and that’s where you’re going to stay.” As she said that with a little smirk on her face, showing that she had regain control of her mind and body. He would not win, because he is the last person that I would believe what he has to say.

“Really? I’m truly sorry to hear that she died, she was a beautiful woman, no wonder that agent Vaughn fell for her s fast. You know they would still be married if you haven’t come back, something to think about Sydney. Can you still trust agent Vaughn with your life? Or even your heart? How much more can you take from him? Sark is now looking at her with the biggest smile on his face even through the bruises; one can see that he is enjoying torturing her. The laugh seemed very loud due to the echo from the cell.

“You’re one twisted son of a b*#*#*, do you know that?”

“Thank you, coming from you, I‘ll take that as a compliment. As he moves closer to the glass so he could touch it.

Backing away from the glass and staring strait at him: “Whatever, the reason I’m here is because we need information on Katya Derevko. Do you know her?

“Yes, I do.”

“We found out that Katya Derevko was greeted by my mother in Geneva. We need to know what are they looking for in Geneva?

“I don’t know what’s there; all I Know is that it has something to do with the Rambaldi artifact that was retrieved in Palermo.

“Is my mother working for the Covenant? Was she working with you all along? I need to know as Sydney’s eyes were pleading him for an answer. The right answers, only time will tell.

Sark is looking at Sydney’s body language:” Irina is a great woman and she would do anything to protect the people she cares about. I am sure that if Katya asked her help, she would not hesitate to come to her aid, after all they are sisters.

“Where is she? I need to talk to her?”

“ Irina wishes to remain in hiding for now but her plan will be revealed in due time. Sydney, we are all pawns in her game, you, me and even your father.”

“My father, what does he have to do with my mother’s plan? Are they working together, you have to tell me.”

“Your father was working with your mother while you were gone, I’m pretty sure he must know something about this. Go ask him; maybe you will uncover his precious secrets.” That’s all I have to say until you get me what I want. Sitting on his bed, his back turned to her.

Vaughn was watching the conversation via monitor in the boardroom. He looks very disturb as to what he is hearing. Sydney’s been through so much and I wish that everything and everyone would disappear and leave us alone. We both want a normal life and with Sydney’s mother and maybe father too pulling her strings, it’s going to be difficult to achieve that goal of some kind of normalcy.

Sydney finally emerges from the detention center and she is physically shaken by what Sark said to her. As soon as she saw Vaughn standing there, she broke into a shy smile. Vaughn opened his arms to her and she just melted into them. They were holding each other so tightly, that you weren’t sure who is trying to comfort whom in this picture. Vaughn bent his head down to her ear and whispered to her.

“Are you ok, I heard what he said to you in there?”

“Vaughn, you have to believe me when I say that we can’t trust anything that scum bag is saying. You know he is trying to break us up. I’m so glad you’re with me because I don’t think I could go through this alone.”

“Sydney, you know I love you right and I’m right here, I’m not going anywhere, never,” as he places a soft kiss on her forehead. They were looking intensively at each other for a few minutes in a complete silence and breathing in sync. It almost felt like time stood still for just an instant.

Bringing her eyes up to him, she smiles and said: “I love you too Vaughn, never doubt that, you hear me, never doubt that for one second.” Vaughn smiling and nodding his head in total agreement with her last statement.

“Ok, let’s go, I need to find my dad.”

They left the detention center hand in hand.

TBC

:starwars:

CJ

Here we go with the 2nd chapter of the day. Hope you guys are having a nice Monday. Feedbacks are welcome and can't wait to read what you guys think is going to happen next.

thanks guys for reviewing! :smooch:
vaughnshoney
Sabella
Cailin
syd26
littleangel
ILOVEALIAS27
Bubbles

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 8 :

The truth and nothing but the truth (part 2)
</span>

Sydney and Vaughn are talking in the flirting corner away from the noisy people.

“Syd, wait a minute, you have to process the Intel that Sark gave you before you go after your father. Do you actually think that your father would be working with your mother for the Covenant?

“I don’t know, I want to think that I know him, you know is my father but he lied before to protect me. Remember Project Christmas, he lied about conditioning me to become a spy and even set up my mother for execution to protect his secrets. I’m not sure of anything, anymore.

‘Sydney, one thing you should never question is that I’m on your side, never doubt that. A long time ago, I told you that I was your ally and together, we can face anything.” Looking into each other eyes as they embrace and placing a soft kiss on the lips.
Still holding each other, forehead against forehead, neither of them wanted to break that comfort zone they were in. When they are together in each other arms it is like nothing else matter.

Dixon didn’t want to interrupt them but he wanted to know the outcome of her meeting with Sark. Sydney looked up at him and smiled.

“Dixon, have you seen my dad?”

“Sydney, the last time I saw him, he was sitting in the conference room. “What did Sark tell you?” grabbing her hand as he saw that she was obviously shaken by what has been said earlier in the day.

“Dixon, I will tell you everything but right now I need to speak to my dad.”

Sydney said goodbye to Dixon and Vaughn and headed towards the boardroom. When she entered the room, she saw that Jack was watching the playback of her conversation with Sark.

“Dad?”

“Sydney, you startle me, I didn’t hear you come in.”

“We need to talk.”

“Yes, I think it’s time.”

Meanwhile Vaughn has been called into Dr. Barnett’s office for his first one on one session. Vaughn is preoccupied; his mind is with Sydney right now. She’s been through hell and back in the past 2-½ years and the last thing she needs right now, is to find out that her parents orchestrated the whole thing. His mind jumped when he heard his name being called by Barnett.

“Agent Vaughn, come on in.”

Vaughn sat down and looked quite distracted and very nervous. Anyone could tell that he would rather be somewhere else right at this moment.

“Just relax, it will be fine.” “You know why you were called to see me?”

“Not really but I’m pretty sure you’re going to tell me.”

“You have been called to see me because of everything that happened to you in the past year since Sydney came back to the agency.” “Everything that will be discussed here today will be strictly confidential, so feel free to talk to me about anything that it’s on your mind.”

“Ok, let’s get started”, as he sat back on the couch.

“You look distracted, what is going on, anything you want to talk about?”

“Sydney, she had an encounter with Sark this morning and he said things that really upset her and right now, she is confronting her dad about his possible dealings with Irina Derevko and her disappearance.”

“Do you think it is possible they were working together, Jack and Irina?”

“I don’t know, I don’t want it to be true for Sydney’s sake but I’m afraid for her if it is true.”

“ Ok, let’s talk about you, the last time I saw you, you had just found out that your wife had been working for the Covenant and that your marriage had been an assignment all along.”

“Look, Dr. Barnett, I know I have my own stuff to deal with but right now, I need to be there for Sydney, she needs me.”

“Do you think that putting her needs before yours will make up for the time you weren’t there for her in the 2-1/2 years?

“Maybe, I don’t know.”

“Agent Vaughn, you have to heal first and then, you can be there for Sydney. Remember, you have your own demons to confront and if you don’t deal with it, it will eat you alive inside.”

“Ok, want do you want me to say, I’m mad, I fell like a fool for marrying someone so quickly after Sydney’s death. Lauren used my grief to her advantage and part of me let her do it because she made me fell wanted and needed. If I could go back and change this, I would but I can’t. All I can do right now, is to be there for her and love her with all my heart.

“Good, that was a very good first session but I would like to see you next week at the same time, if it’s all right with you?”

“Fine, see you next week.” Vaughn left Dr. Barnett’s office feeling a little better that he was finally able to verbalize what he has been keeping lock up inside.

Back in the hospital near LA, Lauren is recuperating from her wounds. She hoping that someone will come and see her, she feel so alone since Cole came to see her a couple of days ago. A woman enters the room and looks at her and after a few minutes, she approaches the bed to take her hand.

“Hi”, Lauren said.

“Sweetheart, I was so worried about you, are you ok?” What have they done to you?”

“Who are you?”

“I’m your mother, Olivia, don’t you remember me?”

“No, the doctor said that physically I will be able to leave the hospital in a few days but as far as my memory is concern, it might come back in fragments or not at all. Time will tell.

“Lauren, I’m here to take you to a specialist, he is a friend of your late father and he owes me a favor, so we will be leaving for Geneva in 5 days.

“Geneva?” Wow, is that where we live?”

“Part of the year, I live there but since your marriage, you have been living in LA.

“I’m married, if so where is my husband? I’m sure that he would like to know that I’m alright.”

“Your marriage was an assignment given by the Covenant, you were order to seduce and marry a CIA agent and he later found out about your cover operation and tried to eliminate you.” “You have to get better and forget about your life in LA for the moment.” “They will pay for what they did to you, I promise you that.”

Lauren just nodded and was about to fall asleep. Olivia was looking at her daughter and promised herself that Michael Vaughn, Sydney and Jack Bristow would pay for all the sufferings their family endured.

“Rest Sweetheart, I will come back to see you tomorrow.”

As soon as she left the room, she made a phone call.

“We’ll be ready to travel in a few days. Is everything ready for us?”

“Yes, see you in a couple of days.” At the end of the line, Katya Derevko is writing information in a black book.

Irina walked in just as Katya hung up the phone; she sat down and looked at her sister.

“K, you know that keeping our asset in LA is crucial to our plan.”

“I know, Olivia Reed just called, they’ll be here in a few days.”

“ Irina, what about Sydney? Don’t you think it’s time you go and see her?”

“I’m on my way to LA; I should be back at the end of the week, if everything goes to plan.”

Katya watched her sister race to the door. As soon as she left, she took out a picture from her back pocket, on the picture, you can see a little boy smiling as he is standing near a lake. She staring at it with tears in her eyes, finally she turned the picture and on the back, you can read Julian, May 14, 1985.

TBC

update again very soon!

CJ

Yay.. me first!! Great updates CJ. So is Katya Sark's mother? What's Irina's plan here? She better not break Syd and Vaughn up again. Can't wait for more.

Update soon Please. Thanks for the PM

EEEEEE CJ! I've had this bookmarked for ages, but I've been sloooowly reading the Price of Fame (which I still haven't finished, lol), so I haven't really gotten to reading this one, but I decided to just read this first, hehe. And OMG! I love it!

I wonder where the plot's gonna go... :Ponder:

So like... Sydney and Sark... Are COUSINS? :blink: :lol: COOL! Hehehe :D

*double thumbs up* Love this fic!

Can I please get a pm when you update? :angelic:

Cai
x

Hey guys, here are 2 more chappies on this Alias Day! don't forget to watch tonight and have a great day, wherever you are!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
Chapter 9: FAMILY AFFAIRS
</span>

Jack and Sydney are sitting face-to-face staring at each other. Jack could see the burning questions running in his daughter’s mind and he took a big breath before he spoke. He knew it was time for her to know the truth about everything, He only hopes that when he’s done explaining, she will understand the reason why he did what he did.

“Sydney, I never wanted for you to lead a life where you have to lie to people, have to put yourself in danger all the time and see the worst in mankind because all I wanted was for you to be happy. Sloane recruited you while you were still in college because he knew that I would be totally against you being a spy working for a man like him. Him and I used to be partners on several missions but his obsession regarding Rambaldi drove a wedge between us. He started collecting artifacts because he felt that was a way for him to achieve the ultimate power but I never shared his obsession because I had you to think of.”

Sydney is sitting in silence, looking for any sense of truth in what her father is saying to her.

“Dad?”

“Sydney, let me finish: after your mother “died”, I tried my best to raise you but I felt so guilty about everything that happened when you were young that I checked myself in hospital. Sloane and Emily took care of you while I was gone, now I know that was a big mistake on my part since that gave him the opportunity to get close to you. I felt relieved when you learned about SD-6 and their affiliations and decided to come and work for the CIA because I thought that would give us a chance to get close again. No matter what you think Sydney, we are a family, a dysfunctional one but still a family nonetheless.”

“Dad, I’m glad we got close but I need to know everything. Please continue.”

Jack looked at his daughter and nodded, “yes, you do.”

“Fast forward to a couple of months after your supposedly death, I came across the tape with you and Lazarey. There you were alive and well and staring me in the face, I couldn’t take my eyes of you; you looked different but still very beautiful. I saw pain in your eyes but also a sign of determination to survive. Sydney, you have the instinct of a survivor, never lose that, like the way you were able to endure the torture and escape your captors. I decide to ask your mother to help me locate you, so I contacted her via e-mail and together we searched every corners of the world. When we got too close of finding you, I throne in jail by the NSC.”

“What does the NSC have to do with my disappearance?

“Sydney, the NSC and in particular Lindsey knew that you were alive but since he was bought by the Covenant, he had to find a way to shut me up, so that the plan would remain in place.

“Are you talking about Lauren and her marriage to Vaughn?”

“Yes, Lindsey was part of the Covenant and he was given strict orders to collect Intel from the CIA while Lauren was given her assignment to seduce and marry Vaughn.”

“So you never had the chance to tell Vaughn that you had tangible proof that I was alive?”

“No, I was on my way to his apartment with the tape when suddenly some men grabbed me and threw me in the back of a van. They took me to a location for interrogation about what I had said or not to Vaughn, and then I was sentenced for betraying my country. They had documents proving my dealings with your mother. Since your mother was on the list of the 10 most wanted people in several countries, any relationship with her would be seen as a betrayal to your own country.

“Did Vaughn found out what happened to you or where you were?”

“He found out after my arrest became public knowledge within the CIA and since I was put in solitary, I didn’t see anybody until the day you were standing in front of me a year ago.”

“I’m sorry you had to go through this, dad.”

“No Sydney, I’m sorry that I have to lay all of this on you at once, I should have told you the truth a long time ago.”

Sydney is sitting there with tears in her eyes; it was the first time that they were able to communicate so honestly to one another.

“Dad, is mom working for the Covenant?” “Is she responsible for my abduction and torture during those 2 years?”

“I don’t know for sure but your mother was probably contacted by the Covenant because she is an expert on Rambaldi and his the mother of both the Chosen One and the Passenger, that makes her Intel very valuable. When I told her that I had proof that you were alive, she didn’t hesitate to help me find you, minds you that’s we are talking about Irina Derevko, for all we know she might of help to advance her own agenda.”

“I’m going to find her and when I do, she’s going to answer all my questions, if not…. she’ll pay for all the things she did to all of us for all those years.”

“Sydney, looking for your mother is dangerous; that’s why I’m going with you.” He said as he grabbed her hand.

“I know I disappointed you in the past but sweetheart, you have to know that I love you and I would do anything for you. You are my best accomplishment in life and a true sign of my redemption.” He said as he stood up to hug her close to him.

Sydney had more tears in her eyes and she loves her father so much that she wonders why she even half believed what Sark was saying about her father. True he lied to her before but this time; he let her in on his true emotions for her.

“I have been waiting years to hear that form you, thank you and I love you too dad.”

Sydney was still crying as her emotions were all over the place and she started looking for Vaughn. She stumbled on Weiss who was sitting at Vaughn’s computer.

“Hey!”

“Hey Syd, what’s going on, you look upset, are you ok?”

“I’m fine, just seen my dad, do you know where Vaughn is, and I need to talk to him?”

“I think he is still talking with Barnett, should be back soon. Wanna leave him a message?”

“Tell him I went home and he should come over when he is done.”

“Will do, get some rest, you look exhausted.”

“See you tomorrow.” As she took one last look on her father’s direction, hoping that she’ll soon find her mother for the missing piece of the puzzle.

“ See you Syd”, as he watched her leave the building

Vaughn walked in and started looking for Sydney; she should be done with her father by now. He had a funny smile on his face, hoping that she didn’t strangle him or worse. He turned the corner to go to his office when he came face to face with Jack. Vaughn took this opportunity to give him a piece of his mind.

“Jack, wait, do you have a minute, and I want to talk to you?”

“What about agent Vaughn?”

“Where is Sydney, the last time I saw here she was about to talk to you?”

“What I say or don’t say to my daughter is not your business. I know you’re trying to get back into my daughter’s good graces after your fiasco of a marriage but please don’t involve me into your plan.”

“ Jack, what Sydney and I have our own issues to deal with that true but I don’t want to see her in pain, she’s been through so much these past few years. No matter what you did or didn’t do to her, I will help her deal with it, you can count on that.”

“Agent Vaughn, you don’t know anything about my relationship with my daughter and frankly I don’t have the time to sit and explain it to you, so if you excuse me, I have a job to go to.

Jack left Vaughn standing there looking like a total idiot. He let him get him so mad. That man drives me completely nuts. Weiss came over and touched his shoulder.

“Hey man, what was that about, should I bring the boxing gloves next time?”

“Hey, it’s not a bad idea, Jack and I don’t see eye to eye on the way he threats Sydney.”

“Oh yeah, speaking of your beloved, she left you a message.”

“Where is she? Is she Ok?’

“She went home and she said to tell you to come over when you were done your session with Barnett.”

Vaughn raced out of the office and into his car. He dialed Sydney’s phone number but no answer.

“Sydney, please pick up, come on, move out of the way your stupid people, yelling and still trying to reach Sydney at the same time. He decided to reach her on her cell phone, no answer.” A look of fear came across his face; it’s not like her to not answer her cell phone. She’s not home, where could she be.

Then he had an idea where she might be; it was always a place that felt safe for her.

He turned the car around and headed toward the pier.

TBC

:P update #2 for today!

Don't worry I'm still continuing writing this one along with the other 2. I'm glad that some of you asked to read the rest of it, I will be posting more very soon.

Thanks again! :smooch:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 10 : My Guardian Angel</span>

He turned the car around and headed toward the pier. It just started to rain and the sky seemed to get angrier and angrier by the second. If Sydney is here, he said to himself, I need to find her before the storm of the century drowns us. Vaughn got off of his car and started walking along the pier; while screaming her name “Sydney, Sydney, answer me if you are here.”

Still no answer to his pleading, it was late afternoon and there were practically no one on the pier due to the bad weather. The only few people that Vaughn saw on his path were people rushing to get out of the rain and probably heading home to get dried off. He continued walking on the pier and screaming her name until he saw her sitting on a rock staring at the ocean. Among the fog and the rain falling on him, he couldn’t take his eyes of her. She looked like a vision that was sent on earth to capture his heart. She was his angel and no matter what life brings to us, we will make it through together. He stared at her for a minute or two thinking how lucky he was that she was back into his life. He missed her so much during the two years they were apart. Right at this instant, she looked so beautiful; that all he wanted to do was to take her in his arms and never let her go.

“Syd?” he said as he walked toward her.

Sydney turned around and looked into his eyes, all she could say was his name very softly: “Vaughn?”

Even with the raindrops falling on her face, he could still see that she had been crying for a while because her beautiful brown eyes were now mixed with some red.
She was now looking at him and broke a shy smile to let him know that she was glad that he had found her. He moved closer to her and without saying another word, he took her in his arms. They were holding each other very closely and getting wetter by the second but neither of them seemed to care or notice. All that matter was they had found each other, they always did. Finally Vaughn broke the embrace and took her face in his hands, so he could look into her eyes.

“Are you ok? “ I’ve been looking for you everywhere. I’ve called your home and cell phone and got no answer, Sydney, you scared me, I though….” “I don’t know now that you are back into my life, I’m so afraid that something might happen to you again.”

“ Vaughn, I’m sorry about that, I didn’t mean to scare you, I was on my way home but it is so depressing, so I decided to come to the pier instead so I can think. I totally forgot that I told Weiss to give you a message to meet me at my place.” I’m sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was for you to worry that something bad had happened to me.” She said as she smiled at him.

“Sydney, that’s ok, as long as you are. I guess I’m a little overprotective when it comes to you. I want to make sure that nothing happens to you ever again. He said as he grinned back at her. First we need to get out of here before we get totally soaked or worst catch a cold.” He said as he grabbed her hand and started running toward the car.

Sydney and Vaughn were so caught up on each other that neither of them noticed the black car that was parked not too far from them. Inside the car were two NSC agents whose assignment is to keep tab on Sydney and Vaughn.

Once in the car, Vaughn turned to Sydney and looked at her for a few seconds before saying anything. Obviously she has been shaken by what her father said to her, because she is sitting there quietly, staring at the window and shivering from the cold. He took her hand in his and forced her to look at him.

“Syd, no matter what happened with your father today, you have to know that I will help you through it, you know that right?”

She looked at him with more tears in her eyes and this time she didn’t try to hide them from him. She got closer to him and stared into his eyes and said: “I know you are, once we get to my place, I will tell you everything, Ok?”

Vaughn nodded his head and started the car. They rode in silence, each thinking what the future might hold for them next.

Julia is asleep in her hospital bed, dreaming about everything that was said to her in the last few days. She saw a little blonde girl playing with a little boy who’s about 10 years old. He is smiling at her as they are chasing each other in the yard of a beautiful white house. They turned around as a beautiful woman comes running towards them, she has daisies in her hair. The woman crouches down and opens her arms to them as the kids ran into them. They were laughing and having a good time with each other when suddenly everything turned to black. She was now standing near an excavation site; a man whose face is blurry is laughing and yelling something at her. She is too far to hear what it is but she has a feeling that whatever it is, it seems very important for her to hear. The man continues his yelling at her when all of sudden, she hears gun shots and she sees herself full of blood before she fell down a shaft a few meters down. Everything went black again and this time, no happy thoughts can save her from that nightmare.
She woke up suddenly all in sweat and wondered what it all meant.

“Did this really happened to me or is this part of my imagination?” “Am I starting to remember what happened to me?” “In the morning, I will talk about this with my doctor.”

She tried to go back to sleep but to no avail, she was too afraid what her next dream would bring. “I need to remember what happened to me, my future depends on it.” She said as she pulled the covers and closed her eyes.

Katya is sitting by herself in her house in Prague. She flew overnight by private jet so that the CIA couldn’t detect her movements. Irina was on her way to make contact with Sydney in LA. Their plan should go smoothly since they have been planning it for a year now.

Katya got up and went to her bedroom; she is looking for something among the numerous boxes. She hasn’t been in this house in a few years because she was always traveling with her sister. She opened a tiny red box and immediately found what she was looking for. In the box were a birth certificate and a medallion she used to wear around her neck.

She took the precious piece of paper and stared at it for the longest time. On the document was a footprint and the inscription said:
Baby boy
7 pounds, 5 ounces
22 inches long
Blond hair and Blue eyes
Date of birth: March 11, 1982
Place of Birth: Galway, Ireland
Mother: Katya Derevko
Baby’s name: Julian Sark Lazarey

TBC

that's all for today folks!

enjoy and thanks again!

:hug: