Once Around the Block

So Katya is Sarks mother.. Syd's cousin.. things just keep getting more intriguing in this story. Those NSC goons better not hurt Syd and Vaughn.

Great update CJ. Thanks for the PM

HOLEY SHAMOLEY!

I don't remember reading those chapters on allies.. maybe I did? :Ponder:

but that was awesome

so sydney and sark are cousins
and katya is sark's mother

*shudder* that's just creepy

and irina works for the covenant?

ahhh too much to process!

the great thing about this is that you have maintained the spy element really, really well.. and i admire you a lot for that!!

can't WAIT for the next update... do they find out? that sydney and sark are cousins, i mean?

luv juju :harp:

sorry i review so late :thinking:

those chapters were great

good that Sydney and Jack talked and that he was honest
Sark is Sydney's cousin, i'm sure she will be really happy about that
And why is the NSC following them, they better not hurt them again

update soon
thanks for the pm

Hey guys, here is the new chappy. hope you like it. don't worry it will all make sense eventually.

Have a great day! :smooch: CJ

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 11: Sex, Lies and Videotape</span>

Katya was looking at the piece of paper very intensely and finding that document brought her back to a time that was very difficult for her.

She sat down and decided to write him a letter.
“My dear Julian, I never meant to leave you all alone but I had no choice, your life depended on it. I had to give you up so that you could live. I kept you as a secret because some influential people would have killed you, if they knew about your existence.”

“Here is how it all started:
The KGB recruited me when I was 18 years old. I was very naïve and I wanted to serve my country the best I could. My parents were very proud that Irina and I were working for the government. Neither of them knew what we were actually doing for our country. Soon after I joined the KGB, I was assigned in Ireland for some recovery mission and that’s where I met a man named Andrian Lazarey. He was there as an agent for his government and we were forced to work together on several missions. The KGB kept a close watch on my whereabouts, as they wanted to make sure of my loyalty to my country. We fell in love almost instantly. I was ready to leave my life as a spy and my affiliation with the KGB for him. Irina helped me disappeared during my pregnancy so that the KGB wouldn’t kill us for betraying them.

“When you were born, I was so excited to tell your father because we were in love and hoped that we would one day get married. Well, we got married and the fairytale didn’t last very long because the Romanov family was very controlling. Basically, they wanted to raise you among their culture and values and once you were born, I became disposable to them. Andrian started drinking and later on, he became obsessed with treasures and artifacts. One day, He came across an ancient text that caused him to go on a crusade around the world. We didn’t see him for a while and frankly, that was better this way, since he was never around and when he was, he was not very nice to us. I always kept a close eye on your achievements from a far and I was glad when you had the chance to work with my sister.”

“About 3 years ago, some men came to see me in Europe; they said that our collaboration would be beneficial for recovering Rambaldi’s numerous artifacts. They also said that they would be able to help you escape the CIA. Irina and I have been pursuing Rambaldi for a long time now and by completing the merge between them, and us we would achieve our plan sooner. So we did, we started working for the Covenant.
Hope that one day you read this letter because I want you to know that you were wanted, that you understand that I did what I did to protect you and I count the days until we are reunited again.”

Love your Mother
K.

She sat there and re-read her letter to her son; she knew there was no way she could send it to him since he was presently in CIA custody. One day, she thought, he will understand.
Katya was never a woman that would show too much of her emotions, all 3 Derevko women were raised to be strong and independent. Their mother would be very strict on all of them. Irina, as the oldest was to set the example on her sister Ekaterina (Katya) and younger sister, Helena. Katya, at this instant, was very consumed with regrets. If she could go back and change things, she would.

Sydney and Vaughn arrived at her place. Outside, the rain was coming down pretty hard and the power is out for what seems to be at least a few blocks down her street. They entered the house and they noticed that they were walking in the dark. Vaughn was trying to find a flashlight or candles so they would be able to see what they were going. They turned the corner to the kitchen; Sydney opened a drawer and found a few candles. She lighted it and now they were able to see one and another. She let go of his hand and ran to the bathroom to get towels so they could dry off. They started to remove their wet clothes and after staring at each other for a few seconds, she turned around and walked towards her bedroom to change, while Vaughn went to the bathroom to do the same. (Sorry now it’s not the time for a love scene).

Vaughn shouted to her from the bathroom to make sure that she would be able to hear her.

“Syd, tomorrow, I will need to go back to my old place for some new clothes, I didn’t bring much of my stuff with me.”

Sydney emerged from her bedroom and looked at him.

“Did you decide where you’re going to live yet?” she said half hoping that he would take her up on her offer to live with her.

Vaughn reading her mind said: “yeah, I’ve asked Weiss to be his roommate and he doesn’t mind if I stay with him until I find a new place to live. I know you wanted us to live together Syd but I think it is too soon. One day, for sure, I promise.”

They both nodded and smiled at the last statement of a promise they are making to each other. They both came back to the living room; the place is very cozy since candles surround it. Vaughn sat down on the couch next to Sydney, the mood was calling for love but they had a few issues to work out. Maybe later, he thought to himself.

“Do you want me to start a fire?” he finally asked her

“Sure, that would be nice. Also, I just realized that we haven’t eaten anything since lunch, do you want me to fix us something to eat?” I can make us sandwiches since the power is out and I think I still have wine somewhere.” Is that Ok?”

“That’s fine, thanks.”

After a few minutes, the fire was going strong and the sandwiches and wine were ready. They both sat down on the couch and started eating and drinking the wine. Maybe alcohol would loose them up because each of them was afraid to speak first.

“Syd?”

“Hmm?”

“What happened with your dad today, I need you to tell me?”

She took a more comfortable position on the couch by putting her feet underneath her and took a sip of wine for courage before she spoke:

“I questioned my dad regarding the Intel from Sark concerning a possible connection between him and my mom and also regarding what he knew about my disappearance and the Covenant. My dad said that his recent affiliation with my mom was during my disappearance. Once he had proof that I was alive, thanks to the videotape of Lazarey’s murder, he asked my mom to help him find me. One thing you need to know Vaughn, the night that my dad was captured, he was on his way to your place with the videotape. He was anxious to show you that I was alive and well. He never got the chance to do so, since he was captured and the tape was kept under lock and key, only to resurface a year later.

Vaughn was sitting there listening quietly until he heard her last statement. A shocked look appeared on his face. He turned to look at her and took her hand.

“Sydney, you must know that if I had seen the tape, I would have searched for you. The NSC and probably Lauren had their hands in keeping it away from me.”

“Yes, they made sure that you never saw it because it would have brought doubts in your mind and you would have done anything to find me and that would have ruined their plan.”

“You mean my marriage to Lauren?”

“Yes.” She said not wanting to look at him because that was still a very touchy subject.

“We need to talk about this, I know it’s a very difficult subject for you but we need to clear up a few issues, if we want to move forward. We can let them win, Syd, we need to talk, now.”

“I don’t know what to say, I was gone and you met her, fell in love and got married. What else is there to say?”

“I say plenty.” He said half sitting on the couch so he could get a better view of her eyes.

“Syd, there is something you need to see before we go on. He took a photograph out of his wallet and showed it to her.

She stood there looking at the picture and when she turned it around to see the inscription, she was totally shocked. Here is what it said: S.A.B. September 27, 2004.

TBC

Oooh, very intriguing CJ.. I think it's criminal that you are up to chapter 11 and only on page 2.. Where are all those readers? Oh well, their loss, they're missing a great story.

Thanks for the PM

Ok guys, ready for another update? Because ready or not...here it is

Oooh, very intriguing CJ.. I think it's criminal that you are up to chapter 11 and only on page 2.. Where are all those readers? Oh well, their loss, they're missing a great story.

thanks Vaughnshoney for your kind words. you know what regarding the readers, I figured it out a long time ago, that you can't please everyone, so for the few people that are reading this....this one is for you. :smooch:

so sydney and sark are cousins
and katya is sark's mother

*shudder* that's just creepy

and irina works for the covenant?

ahhh too much to process!

the great thing about this is that you have maintained the spy element really, really well.. and i admire you a lot for that!!

can't WAIT for the next update... do they find out? that sydney and sark are cousins, i mean?

luv juju 

B, so many questions????? :lol: all I can say is that Syd and Sark will found out eventually that they are family. As for Irina's plan...well all in due time, my dear! :P I know I'm evil!

good that Sydney and Jack talked and that he was honest
Sark is Sydney's cousin, i'm sure she will be really happy about that
And why is the NSC following them, they better not hurt them again
Little Angel

Little angel, Syd and Sark will discover that they are related...in a unusual way...or should I say source...
as for the NSC following S/V: they are investigating Lauren's "death" and feel that S/V are hiding something. More will be reveal soon. I promise

Ok, I think I said enough :angelic: Here we go!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 12: Missing Pieces (Part 1)</span>

She stood there looking at the picture and when she turned it around to see the inscription, she was totally shocked. Here is what it said: S.A.B. September 27, 2004.

“Sydney, I received that picture the day before I saw you in Hong Kong. I remember that day like it was yesterday. The day started like any other day, I went to work and I came home early afternoon. When I got home, nothing prepared me for the shock I received when I opened the envelope. There you were staring at me with a big question mark on your face, asking me: “why Vaughn, why did you give up on me?” I didn’t know what to do so I arrange a private meeting with Dixon.

Flashback:

“Director Dixon’s office.” Kathleen said as the switchboard had transferred the line to her.

“This is Ag…ah, Michael Vaughn, is he there, I need to speak to him, it’s really urgent.”

“One moment please.” She said and those minutes felt like an eternity. Finally he came on the line.

“Michael, what’s going on? You said it was an emergency, are you all right?”

“Dixon, no I’m not, I need to see you right now, it’s about Sydney.”

“Oh…Michael, ok, I will meet you at this old office building, once you get there, you will have to go through the parking lot and on the other side, you will find this courtyard, I’ll be waiting for you there. Meet you there in 1 hour.”

“I’ll be there and Dixon…. thank you.”

“See you in 1 hour.”

They both hung up and Vaughn was pacing back and forth and the time seemed to stand still. Finally he got in his car and was about to leave when he remembered to call Lauren. What was he suppose to say to her, so he decided to come up with a late meeting with some of his colleagues. That’s should buy him a few hours to figure out what the hell is going on. If it is a joke, it’s not very funny and someone will pay dearly for that.

Vaughn got to the rendezvous point and sat on the bench, soon after; Dixon arrived. He had some kind of document in his hands.

“Michael.” He said as he extended his hand to shake Vaughn’s hand.

“Dixon.” He said as he did the same.

“Michael, I know you have a lot of questions and I will try my best to answer all of them.”

“First, you need to know that we didn’t try to keep you in the dark about this.” Our contact just confirmed it a few hours ago. I would have called you personally because I know how much Sydney meant to you and probably still does.

“She’s alive?” tell me, I need to know.”

“Yes, Michael, Sydney is alive. She called earlier today, she seemed a little lost but she appeared to be okay.

“Where is she?” Vaughn couldn’t wait another second; this was the best and worst news he could possibly hear.”

“Hong Kong” She called Kendall about 4 hours ago, she doesn’t remember how she got there or why she ended up there.”

“Kendall, why Kendall?” Vaughn said with a confused look on his face. “She could have called me or maybe you.” What is going on here? Dixon, you have some explaining to do.”

“Michael, all I can tell you is that she is alive and we need to go get our girl and bring her home. The CIA wants you to go get her, you used to be her handler and you too had a personal relationship, right now, she needs someone she can trust.”

“Ok, when do I leave? Also what am I suppose to say to my wife, can I tell her about Sydney being found alive. I’m sure she will question me about my spontaneous trip to Asia.”

“Michael, you used to be an agent, you know what you can and cannot say, used your discretion on this one. Tell her what you think she needs to know for now because we want you to be in the next available flight to Hong Kong.” Here is a file for you to read in flight, there is some background info that will be crucial to the success of this rescue mission.

“I’ll go home and pack.” Thanks Dixon…you know for everything.”

“Go home and pack and Michael…. good luck and bring our girl home safe and sound.”

“See you when we get back.” Vaughn said as he raced to his car with the file in his hand.

Dixon watched him go and hoped that everything will be okay. He didn’t want to tell Vaughn that he knew all along that Sydney was alive. The reality was that he found out the truth when he overheard a conversation between Kendall and Sydney about 9 months after she was suppose to be dead. Kendall had no choice and told him everything. If I, Marcus Dixon would have told Michael Vaughn the truth, I don’t think I would be standing here right now, praying that no more obstacles come our way. He got into his car and drove back to the CIA headquarters.

Vaughn got home and started packing; he was so consume with his thoughts about Sydney that he didn’t hear Lauren come in. What was he going to say to Sydney when he would come face to face with her after 2 years? Would she be mad at him for his quick marriage or having given up on a search for her? What was she doing in Hong Kong, how did she ended up there? No matter what, he would bring her home and they would all figure out this big mess together.

“Michael, where are you going?” Lauren asked him, bringing him out of his daydreaming.

“I received a phone call today from an old friend who needs my help and I need to go on a short trip, should be back in a few days.” Hoping that his explanation would suffice for now.

Lauren looked at him all confused because since they had gotten married, only Eric Weiss came to visit Michael. In her husband’s file, she only had Weiss written as a close friend. Maybe it’s about Sydney been found alive. Only she would have that affect on my husband. He would drop everything to go and find her, if he ever learned that she was alive. The Covenant told me a couple days ago that Sydney had escaped their facility and that she might try to contact Michael.

“Michael, do you want me to go with you, I mean we never really had a honeymoon, we can take a few extra days to visit. Where exactly are you going?

“Europe.” He lied, hoping that she wouldn’t ask any more questions.

She had this disappointed look upon her face. She tried desperately to hold on to him.

“Lauren, maybe next time, we’ll go somewhere, anywhere you want to go but right now, I have a plane to catch.” He said as he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

Lauren watched him get in his car and headed for the airport. As soon as he was totally out of her site, she grabs the phone and called her contact.

“Hi, this is Lauren Reed, agent number 39216, calling for connection.”

“One moment please, the recorded voice said.

“I think my husband is on his way to meet with Sydney Bristow.” She said with a small grin on her face.

Vaughn bored the plane for Hong Kong. He had a meeting with his destiny.

TBC

Part 2 will be posted this Friday.

:blowup:

CJ

yuck! no lauren. i don't like her. . . however great, awsome story. i was in no way dissing your story! just lauren . . .k ill stop babbling. . . thanx for da pm.

I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

:blink:

I *think* I understand... why do you have to be sooo intriguing???!?!!!!?!?!!!?!?!

*runs around screaming*

and destiny.. I like the sound of that :angelic:

another amazing chappy from an amazing writer! :hug:

luv juju :harp:

A/N As promised, here is the next chapter. I'm sure it's gonna bring a lot of memories in the flashback at the end. Hope you enjoy reading.

Have a great day and don't forget to R/R :P

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 13: Missing Pieces (part 2)</span>

Vaughn was sitting on the plane; he has about 14 hours to think on what he is going to say to her. Will she be the same Sydney then before she disappeared? Am I going to fall apart in her presence? Will seeing her again bring back all the feelings that I buried right along with her when she died? What about Lauren? Can I settle into a marriage knowing that my heart belongs to Sydney and always will.

Vaughn decided to close his eyes and tried very hard to fall asleep. His mind kept going back to all the good times he and Sydney had over the years. True, their journey together had ups and downs but from the day they met, there was a connection like “faith’ had brought them on the same path for a purpose. When he learned that she had died, he wanted to die with her because he couldn’t see the rest of his life without her by his side.

“Sydney, I can’t wait to see you, hope you’ll forgive me for what I did?” he said out loud so that maybe God will send him a sign that everything will be okay tomorrow.

Vaughn was dreaming of the first time he admitted to himself that he had feelings for her; it was when SD-6 agents were held captive by McKenas Cole. Sydney came to him because she had decided to leave her life as a spy to become a teacher like her mom was. He couldn’t image going to work without seeing her every day and together, they were doing a good job at taking down the Alliance. She cried on his shoulder because she was tired of all the lies and deceptions inflicted on the people she cared about. Then that day, it hit him like a ton of brick in the face, his heart almost stopped when he received a distressed message from Dixon informing the CIA that SD-6 was under siege by some terrorists. He didn’t hesitate one second and walked by himself into the Credit Dauphine’s parking garage. He could have been killed that day but knowing that Sydney was in danger was enough for him to take charge and go to her rescue. Once inside, he found Sydney, stopped McKenas Cole, recovered the Rambaldi’s solution and most of all; he fell in love with her.

Remembering how it all began brought a smile on Vaughn’s face. For the past 2 years, he didn’t have much occasion to smile, he always felt guilty for letting himself being happy once in a while. He always thought that he would grow old with Sydney or they would die together in some tragic way view their line of work. He never thought that she would be taken from him so soon after they finally admitted their love for each other. Life was unfair, why did she have to die and let continue his journey alone.

He also thought about their first date at the restaurant Rousseau in France. Weiss convinced him to finally admit his true feelings for Sydney. They had been fighting because he kept a big piece of information regarding helping Jack who was being investigated by Ariana Kane. Even if the date didn’t end up the way they had hoped, this was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Then came the day, they finally admitted their feelings for each other; it was such a relief to finally be able to say it out loud. They took down the Alliance that day and when it was all over, their hearts, souls and bodies were sealed by a passionate kiss as they became one. If I could relieve the same day over and over again, it would be that day, no contest. After that, their relationship reached a point of no return. We were able to balance a professional and personal relationship among the many obstacles coming our way.

Vaughn continued his trip into memory lane but was afraid to let himself feel this way.

“She will see through you. Vaughn said to himself, “you are still very much in love with her; even a fool could see it.”

“I need to detach myself from the past if I want to do what I’ve been asked to do.” He said to himself as he tried to come up with a plan of action.

“You will walk in there without falling apart and tell her the truth and hopefully she will trust you enough to come back to LA with you.” “Yes, that’s what I’ll do; I have to be unemotional when I come face to face with her.” Vaughn was very proud of his plan; his only fear is that it might go out of the window when the time comes.

Vaughn got off the plane and drove to the CIA safe house. Sydney was told that someone was coming to take her home. She was confused, she woke up earlier today in an alley and she doesn’t remember how she ended up there. Her first instinct was to call the CIA to let them know where she was. Kendall answered her call and said that they would send someone to get her.

“This is Kendall.”

“I just woke up in Hong Kong; I don’t remember how I got here.”

“Do you remember the location of the safe house?”

“Of course I do.”

“Good, go there and we’ll send someone to retrieve you.”

“Ok.”

The conversation ended and she got to the safe house where someone gave her a warm shower and something to eat. She didn’t recall the last time she ate something. She waited patiently for her contact to arrive. She was very nervous; she tried to remember what happened to her in the last few days, and the last thing she remembers was that she was planning to go to Santa Barbara with Vaughn and her fight with Allison.

“Oh, my God Vaughn must be worried about me because he was supposed to pick me up at my house. I hope that Kendall will let him know that I’m all right.”

She sat in this plain room as she was waiting for her contact. She thought they probably decided to send her dad or maybe Dixon. I’m sure the CIA will want some answers as to why I'm Hong Kong. She tried to pick her brain; she doesn’t think the CIA sent her here on a mission by herself. They usually give her some back up.

Flashback

Suddenly, the door opened and Vaughn appeared on the other side of the door. As soon as she saw the man she loves, she got up and jumped in his arms. He seemed strange when he saw her. Something had change in his eyes, he didn’t seem very happy to see her. “Was he mad at her about the fact that she was here by herself?”

“Oh my God Vaughn, she said as she hugged him with all she had.

He didn’t say anything at first, Vaughn seemed very incomfortable around her. He was looking like he couldn't believe she was sitting right in front of him. He wanted so much to take her in his arms and tell her that everyhting would be okay, but he couldn't. They were apart for two years and now, right this second, they're not the same people they were back then. Sydney could always sense when there is something on Vaughn's mind, but now as she was studying his face, she saw a flicker of guilt through his eyes. She held her breath and waited for him to start talking.

” We thought you were dead." He started " They asked me to come back to explain... “ He continued and rubbed his face in disbelief of the complexity of the situation

” Come back from what? What are you talking about? Vaughn...why are you wearing that ring?” she asked with confusion on her face

” Since that night, you were missing. You've been missing for almost two years.” He said while looking at the tears strolling down her cheeks

“I still don’t understand what you’re talking about. Start from the beginning and don’t omit any details.”

“There was a fire at your apartment. Will survived... but you... They found remains. The DNA... was a match. You were dead. He paused as the words caught up in his throat. “ You were dead. “

” And... You got married.” She inquired while trying to smile

” I did.” He answered shaking his head yes. “ They asked me to come to Hong Kong... the Agency. They thought it would be best if you were reintroduced by someone from your life before.”

” They could have sent my father. He's CIA, he's from my life before.”

“ I can't answer that. I chose not to stay with the CIA after your death.”

”You're not with the Agency?” She asked staring at his eyes

” No... I'm a teacher.” He said with a tiny smirk on his face

” This is, um... gonna take me a while.” She answered playing nervously with her French braid

” They want me to bring you back. I mean, you can imagine what kind of investigation's being called...”

” Hell of a way to wake up. How much time do I have before I have to go? She asked standing in front of the window

He looked at his watch, “They said they want you back... “ He said before Sydney suddenly attacked him from behind and was holding him in a choke hold.

” I don't know who the hell you are, but you are not Vaughn, you son of a b****! Tell me who the hell you're working for... is it Sloane? Tell me you're working for Sloane!” She screamed at him before she hit him on the head with a vase before running towards the exit door.

Sydney was chased down by some enemies and after eliminating her competition, she felt like a dart pinching her from behind. She slowly turned around and saw Vaughn with a gun pointed in her direction. The last thing she remembers is collapsing his Vaughn's arms before everything went black again.

Vaughn called his contact to secure Sydney’s transport back to L.A. and after receiving the confirmation to proceed; he safely placed Sydney in the back room of the plane and called Dixon to let him know that the plane has just taken off and that the package was secured.

End of Flashback

TBC

A/N Happy Tuesday Guys, well I hope you're ready for the next installment of this story. Thanks for R/R. A big thanks to Simonvsvaughn for the correction.

Here we go....

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 14: I can see clearly now</span>

After 2 bottles of red wine and talking most of the night about failed marriage, where to go from here, their past, present and future together and about the job; Sydney and Vaughn fell asleep in each other arms on the couch.

Vaughn got up in the middle of the night unable to fall back asleep, Sydney was sleeping like an angel and he didn’t want to disturb her. He opened his computer and looked through his file on Lauren. After he found out that Lauren was working for the Covenant, he backtracked her steps to find out what information she had leaked to her associates.

He came across a few names that were well known Covenant members like Bomani and of course, Julian Sark. As far as the CIA knows Lauren and Sark were co-founders of the North American cell. Lauren died before she could tell them what their agenda was or so he thought.

Vaughn looked at the clock, it is 5am and decided to call Dixon at home as he needed to request a meeting with Sark.

“Hello?” Dixon answered half asleep.

“Dixon, it’s Vaughn, I know it’s still early but this is urgent. I am looking through Lauren’s file and came across some interesting stuff. I need for you to give me a pass to go see Sark first thing today.”

“Vaughn, what is this about? Couldn’t it wait until I’m at the office?”

“No, it can’t. I want to see him and for now I don’t want Sydney to know what I’m doing, because if she does find out, she’ll want to go see him instead of me and I can’t take that chance. Sydney needs to stay as far away as she can of that guy, he’s bad news.”

“Vaughn I’m not sure this is a good idea; don’t you remember the last time you talked to him? The poor guy required about 10 stitches, had a broken nose and a broken arm when you were done with him. What makes you so sure he’s gonna want to talk to you?”

“I have to try, Dixon please let me see him and I promise I won’t damage him any further. Unless that son of a b**** provokes me again.”

“Vaughn, you can’t hurt him again, you will be sanction if you do. You are still under strict supervision regarding the last incident. One more slip up and you will find all your privileges revoked and probably be thrown in a cell next to Sark.”

“Dixon, I promise I will behave. I won’t give them another reason for throwing me in jail.” Vaughn said with a half smirk.

“Ok, I said what I needed to say as your Director. There will be a pass waiting for you, and Vaughn… I sincerely hope that you find all the answers you’re looking for.”

“Thanks Dixon.”

“Ok, see you at the office.”

Vaughn decided that since she was still asleep, he would go to his place and pack a few suitcases of his stuff. He got down on one knee and looked at her for a few minutes; he placed his hand on the left side of her face and caressed it. At the contact of his hand, she started to stir and Vaughn decided to leave her before she was fully awake. He left her a note that he placed on the fridge.

Syd, you are sleeping so peacefully that I didn’t want to wake you. I need to go to my place for some new clothes, and then I need to make a quick stop at work but should be back later this morning. Maybe we can make dinner reservation for tonight, think about it and I will see you later. Luvs, Vaughn xxx”

Sydney woke up and felt alone. There is a big difference between being alone and being lonely. For the past year, she felt lonely because Vaughn was not part of her life anymore but now, they were definitely starting all over again. Also last night confirmed it; they actually made plans for the future. True plans can change, Santa Barbara was one good example but this time, nothing and no one will stand in their way to happiness.

She scanned the room looking for her better half but found no signs of his presence. His clothes were gone and all she was left with was his smell on the pillow next to her.

“Vaughn?” She called, hoping that she would see his gorgeous face appeared in the living room.

No answer, she decided to grab some food since her stomach was growling with hunger. She started to laugh, she never used to eat breakfast so early but after all the events from last night; she was starving. She stood in her kitchen, trying to decide what to eat when her eyes came across Vaughn’s note taped to the fridge. Little red hearts were on the note to grab her attention. How she had missed those little gestures of his in the past year.

After eating her cereal, she took a shower and decided she would catch up on her e-mails while waiting for Vaughn’s return.

Vaughn was driving to his house and had mixed feelings about the place; all he wanted to do now was getting rid of it as soon as possible. This place and the things inside was a constant reminder of Lauren and everything she represented. “Lies…Lies, all lies.” Vaughn said to himself.

He got out of his car and had a feeling that the black car parked across the street had been following since he left Sydney’s place. Was he being followed? Did the CIA instruct some low agents to tail him all day long? I’m gonna ask Dixon the first chance I get, he thought. He dismissed the car for now and walked into his house.

Everything inside looked the same as when he left it. He made his way through the living room and stopped and stared at the mantle for a few minutes. On the shelve were pictures of them at a much happier time, before everything happened, before he found out the truth about her and before Sydney came back into his life. He grabbed the wedding picture and out of anger, he smashed it again the table; that gesture made him feel much better.

“Lauren, you got what you deserved, hope you go to hell where you belong.” Vaughn said as he stepped on the picture that lay on the floor.

He walked in his bedroom and started packing his clothes and putting them in suitcases. After he was done, he decided to remove all of Lauren’s stuff; he put them in large green bags and threw them to the curb. He wanted to eliminate any reminders that she ever came into his life. He would call the realtor tomorrow and put the house for sale because he never wanted to come back here ever again. He was picking out some of her last items when he made a discovery. On the bottom drawer of her oak chest was a double bottom and inside, was a manila envelope.

In the meantime, Sydney was sitting at her desk going through her multiple e-mails and singing along with the radio. One of the e-mails at first glance looked like junk mail and was about to delete it when something in the heading made her open it. She didn’t recognize the sender at first but as soon as she saw that most of the message was encrypted with a specific pattern, she knew who had sent this e-mail. The message was encrypted with scrambled letters and numbers. Sydney took out a piece of paper and started descrambling the hidden message. After verifying the code again for accuracy, she smiled at her ability to read her mother’s message.

The Meeting of two great minds that think alike will be happening sooner than everybody expected. I’ll be waiting.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>EMIT SEKAT HTRUT (Truth Takes Time)</span>

All right mother, what do you have plan for me now?” She asked herself as she closed her laptop

TBC

I'm intrigued CJ. What's in that file Vaughn found and just what does Irina have planned for Syd?? Can't wait for more.

Thanks for the PM

👋 Good Alias Day Guys!

since we're having 2 episodes tonight, I decided to give you 2 chappies. Hope you R/R but most of all, enjoy :P

Have a great day! :hug: CJ

here is the 1st one of the day....

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 15: Enemies or Allies?</span>

Vaughn was packing out some of her last items, when he made a discovery. On the bottom drawer of her oak chest was a double bottom and inside, was a manila envelope.
He ripped the seal of the envelope and started reading. He couldn’t believe his eyes, inside were several pages of confidential documents and e-mails. Some of the parts were blacked out but some crucial pieces of the puzzle were there for the reading.
On one document, you can read the following message:

Warning: the following information is classified (Classified e-mail print out)
Date: ****** (Classified)
To: Agent ########### (Classified)

We have reason to believe that one of ours which will call X have been blackmailing Senator George Reed regarding his connection with our Organization. We have to keep a watchful eye on our mole within the Trust. If for some reason this person cannot be trusted, extreme measures will need to take place. Will keep you posted.

End of Classified e-mail

There was also proof that Senator Reed had a team whose soul purpose may have been focused on the destruction of the Covenant. If was also mentioned that Senator Reed had received some Intel that Lauren may have been involved with some of the members of the Covenant for some time now. There was part of a letter from Sloane to Senator Reed.

[Classified]

George,

There are secrets among your family and some major plan of action will be required in order to protect those secrets. I am fully aware of your affiliations with certain organizations and the revelation of those connections would be absolutely devastating for a political career like yours. I am willing to look pass that if you help me achieve my goals. Also you can rest assure that I’m keeping a close eye on your precious daughter; her determination and sense of duty within the NSC will be greatly rewarded.

Best regards

Arvin Sloane

Warning: the following information is classified (Classified e-mail print out)
Date: ****** (Classified)
To: Agent ########### (Classified)
We just received confirmation that X feel very vulnerable in the Organization as he's sensing panic signals once the news of Senator Reed demise was revealed and ended up with his assassination by a low level agent. Most part of the e-mail had been blacked out but you can still figure out by what was left of the text that there was a connection between Senator Reed, the Covenant and some members of the Trust.

Vaughn kept reading pages after pages; he needs to find out everything about the Covenant and their connection with the Trust. Vaughn re-read the part about his father-in-law assassination, Lauren lied when she said to him that her father committed suicide.

“That woman tried every trick in the book to keep me; she even stooped as low as probably killing her father to make sure I stayed with her.” “Desperate person, desperate measures” “Mother and daughter working together, they probably assassinated Senator Reed and lied to the CIA to cover their tracks; I would bet my life on it.” Vaughn said as he tried to put the pieces together.

“This is good stuff; hopefully I’ll find what I need to destroy the Covenant for good. Can’t wait to confront Sark about my little discovery.” Vaughn said as he’s making notes on a piece of paper.

On the last part of the page, it said that Senator Reed was part of a Top Secret committee within the US government called the Trust. Vaughn remembered Jack talking about that organization in relation with Sloane’s execution. From what Vaughn found out from his research on that group, they were purely interested in Arvin Sloane for his extensive knowledge of Milo Rambaldi. To secure a pardon agreement from Senator Reed, Sloane agreed to help the Trust. Evidence proving the existence of such a group like the Trust had appeared in the form of a black budget front known as Project Centigrade. There were several bank transactions into different accounts and different countries. At the bottom of the envelope, Vaughn found an old picture of Senator Reed with 3 other men, he looked closer at the picture and one other man stood out at him. True he hadn’t seen him for over 20 years but it could swear that the man in the back row looks like his father, Bill Vaughn. He took out a magnifying glass and took a closer look at the man. The man was a tall, brown hair, green eye and very good-looking. He was the older version of himself. Vaughn felt like he was looking in the mirror

Vaughn couldn’t believe his eyes, his dad knew Senator Reed. The photograph appeared to be at least 20 years old. Vaughn decided to have Matthew analyze the picture to figure out what year the picture had been taken.

“Why didn’t Senator Reed ever mentioned that he knew my dad, was that suppose to be a secret? “What was their connection? “Was his dad involved in the Covenant?” Is my dad still alive? Was it all arranged: meeting Sydney? Marrying Lauren? Having Sydney disappear for 2 years??????? Vaughn had a millions of questions running through his head that he needed time to think this through. He grabbed the envelope and headed for his meeting with Sark.

Sydney couldn’t believe her eyes; her mom had decided to make contact after all this time. After she decoded the rest of the message, she deleted the information, just in case someone would try to hack her computer. She tried to call Vaughn on his cell but she then remembered that he had an early meeting this morning. She couldn’t recall with whom the meeting was but whoever it is, he would tell her tonight.

Sydney was pacing back and forth, trying to decide if she should call her dad on this matter.

“Ok, now the hard part, calling my dad.” Sydney said as she picked up the phone and called her dad at home.

“Bristow” Jack said as he answered the phone

“Dad?” she said surprise that he would answer the phone like that.

“Sydney…. sorry, I was working and I guess out of habit, I answer the phone that way.”
“What’s going on? You usually don’t call me at home. Jack said, as he was glad that she had called him.

“Dad, I need to see you, can you meet me at our usual place in let’s say...1 hour? Sydney said praying that he would come.

“What is this about Sweetheart? Can you tell me?” Jack said pleading for an answer from her.

“Dad, it is something that cannot be discussed over the phone and even if it was safe, I would prefer talking to you in person about this.”

“Ok, I’ll meet you in 1 hour and…Sydney be careful.” Jack said with worries in his voice.

“I will, thanks dad.” Sydney said as she hung up the phone.

Sydney finished getting ready and headed for her car to meet with her dad.

In the meantime, Irina disguised in a short black wig, big sunglasses and all black clothes was watching Sydney leaving her house in a hurry. Irina was certain that after she would have received her message, she would go straight to talk this over with Jack. He was the only one she could talk to about her. Even though Jack still doesn’t trust Irina, he was still very much in love with her and always will be. Irina decided that tonight would be a good time to catch up with some old friends.

She started the car and followed Sydney to her meeting point.

Tonight Sydney, you and your father will understand your involvement in my endgame.” She said to herself as she watched her daughter's car from a safe distance

Sorry to leave it as a cliffhanger but it was getting too long and the saga will continue in the next chapter. :rolleyes:
TBC

:hi: guys!

Well, here is the 2nd chappy of the day. Hope you R/R and enjoy. have a great day and don't forget to watch the 2 episodes tonight, it's gonna be awesome. :woot:

On with the show...:smooch: CJ

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 16: Deceptions</span>

Irina was following Sydney from a distance. As her professional spy, they are trained to notice of they are been followed or not. Sydney kept looking in her mirror, the meeting with her dad had to be a secret and she felt uneasy as if she sensed someone was right on her tail. She arrived at the old warehouse; they used to meet there when she worked for SD-6, that place brought back some many memories for her. That is where she used to meet Vaughn and together, they would go through the mission she was about to do. She also used to meet her dad there, since Vaughn was their contact that was the best place to meet without raising suspicion from Sloane, SD-6 and the Alliance. Sydney arrived a the old warehouse and noticed her dad’s car parked near the entrance, after taking a deep breath, she finally got out of the car, looked around for anything suspicious and walked toward the door.

“Dad?” Sydney called out.

Jack stepped out from the shadow and came towards Sydney. They both looked at each other for a few seconds, each trying to read the body language from the other one.

“Sweetheart!” Jack finally said as he was standing very close to Sydney.

“Dad, thank you for coming.” She said with a little smile on her face.

“You said it was urgent, what is going on? Does it have to do with your recent trip to Palermo? Jack said looking intensively at his daughter.

“No, she hesitated…it’s about mom.” I received an encrypted e-mail from her and I don’t know what this means?” she said as she pulled out a copy of the e-mail and gave it to Jack.

Jack was busy reading the e-mail while Sydney was waiting for his perception on this. When it came to Irina Derevko, Jack was the expert on that woman. They were both engaged in a conversation about their next move when they heard some noises coming from outside. Both grabbed their guns and headed towards the door to check the surrounding. Jack and Sydney split up and walked in opposite direction of the warehouse. Sydney was about to turn the corner so she could rejoin her dad, when she came face to face with her mother.

“Don’t move; let me see your hands.” Sydney yelled out to Irina while she still had the gun pointed in her direction.

Irina obeyed and raised her hands in the air: “Sydney, put the gun down, I’m not here to hurt you.”

“Why should I believe you? I heard that from you before, do you actually think that I gonna fall for your tricks twice?” Sydney said as she stared in her mom’s eyes.

“ Sydney…Sydney, I know that I haven’t given you a reason to trust me before but I took a big risk coming back here to see you, if the CIA ever found out my whereabouts, I will be arrested on the spot. Irina said as she lowered her hands.

“What makes you think that I won’t bring you in myself? Sydney said with a look of challenge in her eyes.

“Sydney, here take this; it will prove to you that I’m telling the truth. Irina said as she gave Sydney a piece of paper.

Sydney was trying to concentrate on the piece of paper while still keeping an eye on her mom. She knew that her mom, if she really wanted to, could hurt her in one single move.

Just as Irina attempted a move to get closer to Sydney, Jack appeared gun pointing in her direction.

“ Irina, if you move, you die.” Jack said as he stood next to Sydney.

“Jack!” Irina said as she reclaimed her previous position a few feet from them.

“Irina, why are you here, don’t you think that you’ve done enough damage in this lifetime? He said with an angry look on his face.

“I know I’m the last person you too would like to see but I’m here to help you. Believe it or not, I’ve risked my life to come here tonight. I have some information regarding Sloane. On this piece of paper, you will find all you need to revoke Sloane’s pardon and have him sent to the death chamber for good this time.”

“Irina, I’m surprise that you would help us destroy you old ally, one would think that you would want to protect him, since you too have a child together. Is it really about finding Sloane or more about finding your other daughter that you had with him? ” Jack said while looking into her eyes for a glimpse of the truth.

“Jack, I know I betrayed you and Sydney more than once but you have to believe me, this time, I’m telling you the truth. Beside, you wouldn’t hesitate to have me arrested or killed if I lied to you this time.” Irina said as she took a step toward Jack.

“Dad, what do you want to do with her? Sydney said as she whispered to him.

“I’m not sure, she might be telling the truth but we’ve been wrong before and I won’t risk your life to actually follow her blindfully.” Jack said while still keeping an eye on Irina.

“Ok, should we arrest her or something?” Sydney said pointing at her mother.

“No, I’ll take care of her, you go back home and wait for my call. I’ll make her talk and if I detect any indication that she is lying to me again, I won’t hesitate to eliminate her once and for all.” Jack said as he escorted Sydney to her car.

Jack grabbed Irina by the arm and threw her in the trunk of the car. Irina protested at first but she decided that once they are alone, she would find a way to convince him that she is telling the truth.

Vaughn arrived at the CIA Headquarters’ parking garage and he was questioning everything he read in those documents under his arm. He always thought that his dad had served his country with integrity and pride but what if all of that had been a lie from the start. Could he have worked with Irina? After all, he was protecting Nadia, is it possible that Irina decided to kill his dad because he was standing in the way to her daughter? Vaughn was always glad when people compared him to his dad; they used to say that he followed the rules by the book but what if he decided to break those rules and went on a mission of his own. Those were questions Vaughn never asked himself before he met Sydney, since she came into his life; he lost count how many times he broke the rules so far. True after being paired with Sydney, he did break certain rules when the CIA didn’t want to sanction certain rescues or missions.

Vaughn entered the building and came face to face with Dixon.

“Dixon, good morning” Vaughn said still holding the envelope in his hands.

“Vaughn, I have some bad news, someone infiltrated the medical facility and attacked Sark last night. Professionals have done the hit as they left Sark unconscious with barely a pulse and the security guard with a severe bump on his head. They have been taken to Memorial Hospital earlier this morning. We need to find out who did this and fast.” Dixon spoke fast as he hated to be the messenger of bad news.

“Is he going to make it because I need to speak to him? Vaughn said nervously. He didn’t want to think what would happen if Sark died. True he wanted the man dead but not before he tells us all he knows.

“I don’t know, he is in a coma endues state and breathing through a ventilator. Vaughn…. I know that it is urgent that you talk to him but let’s just hope that he pulls through and you will get your answers from him.” Dixon said while giving Vaughn a tap on his shoulder.

“I will be at the hospital just in case the person who did this tries to finish the job. I would bet that it has everything to do with the Covenant. They don’t want him to talk to us or maybe they assume he already did talk and this is a message to leave them alone. They already lost Lauren, so I guess Sark is also replaceable. I will keep you posted on his condition.” He said as he is running toward the elevator.

Once in the car, Vaughn calls Sydney on her cell phone.

“Hey Syd, it’s me. Vaughn said, as he was glad to hear her voice

“Hey Vaughn, where are you? She said with a concern look on her face.

“Syd, listen I have some bad news, Sark has been attacked last night and the doctors are not sure if he is going to live or not. I’m on my way to the hospital to check up on him, can you meet me there? Vaughn said as he arrived at the hospital parking lot.

“I will, I need to talk to you about something too.” Sydney said as she got in her car.

“What about? Vaughn said with a puzzled face.

“My mom!” Sydney said after hesitating for a second or two

“WHAT!!!!!” Vaughn said in shock.

“I will tell you all about it when I see you in a little while.” She said as she drove toward the hospital.

“Be careful Syd and I love you.” Vaughn said with love and concern in his voice.

“I love you too and see you soon.” Sydney said as she hung up the phone.

Vaughn entered the critical wing of the hospital while Sydney was driving as fast as she could to get to Vaughn.

TBC
ps: don't hate the messenger. :angry:

Back