Over My Head

hi! omg i jsut found this and awwwwwwwww i love it!! can i pleaseeeeeeeee have a PM?? its so sad michael wasnt there but syd CANT leave please make it all better?!? lol ~Lizzy

:blink: She's leaving? But... but.. It's Michael Vaughn.

Again.

Michael Vaughn.

Again.

MICHAEL VAUGHN.

And one for the road.

MICHAEL FREAKING VAUGHN.

:blink:

:rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

:hug:

Here's the new chapter.

[Chapter 18]

Sydney groggily blinked her eyes opened, when she heard the door open. Her tear stained cheeks burned and her eyes felt as red as they were.

After Nadia left, Sydney had cried herself to sleep; exhaustion taking importance over aggravation.

Rubbing at her eyes, she saw the nurse bringing her baby girl back into the room. “Sorry to wake you,” the nurse quickly apologized, “but she’s hungry.”

Sydney couldn’t help but smile as she took her precious angel in her arms.

With the help of the nurse, Sydney’s daughter latched onto her nipple, taking her first meal from her mother. Sydney was surprised at how weird it felt at first, but quickly got used to it, especially knowing that her baby depended on her completely, even for nutrition and food.

Once she finished feeding, the nurse showed Sydney how to properly burp the baby, and left so Sydney could have be alone with her baby.

“Hey baby girl, we’re going to be okay, just me and you.” Sydney said, nuzzling her head gently against her daughter’s before kissing her forehead softly.

After a few minutes of re-counting every finger and toe, and finding that her baby was absolutely perfect in every way, Syd smiled, “You know, we have to think of a name for you.”

Syd’s smile turned bittersweet as she remembered that Michael wanted to name her Molly. She looked like a Molly, too. Sighing, Syd asked, “What do you think of Molly, baby girl?”

The baby gurgled quietly. That was enough of a sign for Sydney. “Molly Alexis, how about that pretty girl?” Sydney asked rhetorically.

A few minutes later, Jack and Irina filed into Syd’s room to see the baby. Sydney smiled proudly, cradling Molly in her arms.

Irina bit her bottom lip to hide her smile as she looked at her new baby granddaughter.

Sydney handed the small baby over to her mother, three generations of Bristow women together.

While Irina was distracted with the baby, Jack moved to sit on the edge of Sydney’s bed. “Hey Daddy,” Sydney said softly, closing her eyes in exhaustion.

Jack smiled, taking his eldest daughter’s hand into his own. “I’m proud of you, Sweetheart,” Jack said, causing tears to fill up in Sydney’s eyes.

After they sat together in comfortable silence for a moment, Jack finally bought up the topic that was bothering him, “Sydney... Nadia told me what you want to do.” Sydney looked down embarrassedly, avoiding her father’s eyes. “You know I’ll always love you, but... are you sure that isn’t a mistake?”

Sydney shook her head. Jack sighed, “I know that Michael loves this baby as much as you do, and he hasn’t even met her yet. Don’t you think he deserves a chance to be a father?”

Sydney let a tear fall from her eye, “He’s going to be a wonderful father, but he deserves the chance to find a wife and have children, not a kid produced from a meaningless one night stand.”

Jack had never had heard Sydney talk so candidly and hateful about that one night with Michael and was slightly taken aback. “Syd, I think you should wait more than two hours after she’s born to make this decision.”

“Molly and I will be fine without him.” Sydney stated firmly, turning her head to the side to stare out the window.

“You named her Molly?” Irina asked excitedly, hearing just the tail end of their conversation, as she brought the baby to the bed so Jack could have a chance to hold his granddaughter.

Sydney nodded, “It’s one of Michael’s favorite names,” she said softly, barely audible.

“It’s perfect for her.” Irina stated, softly stroking her granddaughter’s slightly chubby cheek.

“Sydney, are you sure you want to do this?” Nadia asked, as she walked alongside the wheelchair that was taking Sydney to the hospital exit.

Sydney looked down to her three day old daughter, then back to her sister, “I have to.” Sydney said softly.

Syd cradled the baby close to her chest as the hospital doors swung open and several flashes went off. Sydney avoided looking up, while Nadia and Sydney rushed to the SUV that Jack had pulled to the exit.

Sydney quickly climbed in, followed by Nadia, before Jack drove off.

Syd carefully placed Molly into her car-seat, making sure her head was placed perfectly in the right spot, before strapping her in.

Jack took Sydney and the baby to his house, knowing Sydney’s apartment would be surrounded by the media trying to get a glimpse of Michael Vaughn’s baby.

The day before, Jack and Nadia had gone to clean out Sydney’s apartment, and there were already a few lurking stalkers.

Earlier that morning, Jack had arranged for Sydney to live in a small beachside cottage Irina and he owned right outside of San Diego, knowing Sydney and Molly would be safe there until she could find somewhere else to live.

Michael still had no clue about the baby; he wasn’t flying home from New York until the following day. By then, Sydney would be safely hidden in San Diego.

Sydney knew it was wrong, and the guilt was already eating at her, but she was doing all this for her daughter and her safety. That’s all that mattered.

Once inside, Sydney carefully placed a sleeping Molly into the portable bassinet that was in the living room. After making sure she was content, Sydney laid down on the couch, hoping to get a few hours of sleep before the three hour trip later that night.

Things are going to be okay, Sydney decided, before drifting off to sleep.

I remember waiting for you to come.
I remember waiting for you to call.
Remember waiting there to find nothing at all.
I remember waiting for you to come.
Remember waiting for you to call.
Waiting there to find nothing at all.

Michael was a little surprised when he saw Eric pacing at the airport when he finally arrived home. Michael had driven himself, so he didn’t need a ride.

As Michael approached closer, Eric ran a hand through his dark hair.

“What’s wrong?” Michael asked, readjusting his carry-on bag over his shoulder.

Eric sighed loudly, handing Michael a magazine with a picture of Sydney leaving the hospital, holding a baby, on the cover. Michael’s brow furrowed, he opened up the magazine to see the title “Michael Vaughn’s baby born, Vaughn no where to be seen”.

“Wh-what? She had the baby. How come no one called me? I have to go see her!” Michael rattled off, running a hand over his face tiredly.

Eric sighed once more, “Michael... I went to see Sydney. Her neighbor said that she moved out of her apartment two days ago.”

“But, but, this doesn’t make any sense,” Michael stuttered, “I talked to Syd five days ago, she was excited about the baby. We talked about names!” he exclaimed disbelievingly, “She wouldn’t just leave without telling me.”

Eric looked down, “Michael, she’s not anywhere in LA. She’s gone.”

“Sydney wouldn’t do this to me,” Michael yelled, tears forming in his eyes threatening to fall.

How could she do this? Why did she do it? They were happy, they were having a baby. Michael was going to be a father. Sydney wouldn’t have just left. Would she?

Michael made it to his house, before the realization finally set in. He didn’t care that Eric was watching, as he collapsed into a heap on the floor and cried over the loss of his baby girl.

So I pretend
I'm doing all I can
And hope someday you'll find it in your heart
To understand
Why I'm not around
And forgive me for not being in your life.

:hide:

Lyrics - the Ataris, 'The Saddest Song'

:hide:

That is so sad! I hope that Syd doesnt go through with it, or Michael finds her and talks her out of it.. or they can all go together!!!

Megan

I sure that you are going to fix I just wanted to give you a little reminder that if you don't you're gonna regret it! Jack for once is right it's Vaughn's baby too and she shouldn't leave before she talked to him about this. But now she left and Vaughn should do everything in his power to find her and get her back. Thanks for the PM and I'm sure that you're gonna fix this someday and I hope that if it's not fixed in the next chapter it will at least be a steep on the way.

WHAT!!???
-Poor Vaughn!!! I can't believe Syd would just leave!!
OK....Nadia or someone else better tell Vaughn where she is....because thats not fair to Vaughn!!!! :angry:
Can't wait to see what happens next!!
Thanks for the pm!!

-How many chaps left!?? (I know its not many)

For some reason, I don't mind the angst.

I am alright with the angst.

Anyways, nice chapter! Molly is probably the cutest baby ever!

(y)

Oh, maaaan. That's so not fair to poor Vaughn. I'd like to chalk it up to post-pregnancy hormones, but I can only do that if she changes her mind, and soon. Great job writing that chapter.

Yeah ok, I'm not happy with Sydney at all. Not cool for her to just run away. At least let Vaughn know where you're going and that the baby is fine. She made the decision without him and what she did was wrong. :thinking:

Sighing, Syd asked, “What do you think of Molly, baby girl?”
this is totally freaky. before i opened the pm, i had the song "hello dolly" or whatever it's called stuck in my head and the lyrics were being blurred together or whatever, and it came out as molly. and then i find out the baby's name IS molly. creepy-cool.

Michael still had no clue about the baby; he wasn’t flying home from New York until the following day. By then, Sydney would be safely hidden in San Diego.
i'm going to cry :cry:

i <3 that song. (and the ataris in general :smiley:)

NOOOOOOO!! why did she have to just leave him like that
Michael made it to his house, before the realization finally set in. He didn’t care that Eric was watching, as he collapsed into a heap on the floor and cried over the loss of his baby girl.
he was SO upset!! he really cares about her and the baby!
i dont think that syd thought about this properly, i mean she had just had a baby and was tied, she might change her mind!! PLEASE let her change her mind, let her wake up and realise this was a mistake or let vaughn find her and talk her round!
and that baby is going to be stunning i mean she is michael vaughn and sydney bristows daughter after all, god imagine the dimples!! :D
thanks for the PM
update soon :smiley:

Back