Over the Years

Okay! This is the last update! :cry: Thank you all for reading. Hopefully I'll have some free time and can write a companion piece to this soon! :lol:

[3]

One dinner turned into two. Two turned into three, which ended with Michael spending the night at Sydney’s house.

Their relationship developed fast. It didn’t take long before Sydney was moving in with Michael.

High school was still a touchy subject for them, neither talked about it, until now.

They had both gotten invitations for their ten year class reunion.

Michael wanted to go to see his old friends, Sydney was the opposite. Sydney would rather stay home.

Michael wrapped his arms around Sydney’s five-month pregnant belly.

”I want you there so I can show you off to everyone.”

”Michael, I’m a whale.”

”No you’re not. You’re absolutely beautiful.”

“You’re just saying that because you’re my fiancé.”

”No, I’m saying that, because it’s true.”

”I don’t want to go Michael...” Sydney whined.

“You’ll regret not going.”

”No one will miss me. I see Francie, Will and Eric all the time. Plus no one else in high school liked me...”

“Syd, high school wasn’t that bad.”

Sydney moved out of his arms. “You can say that, but you didn’t deal with all the sh*t that I did.”

Sydney hissed, placing her hands on her hips. “Everyone liked you in high school. I was the dork, the loser. Michael, high school was an awful time for me. It still hurts to think about some of the things that happened to me. It took me a long time to get over high school. I don’t want to go back.”

Michael didn’t realize the full extent of emotional damage that had been to Sydney until now. When he didn’t respond, she shook her head and walked out of their bedroom.

Michael was right behind her. “Syd...” He called after her.

”Michael, don’t.”

”I was just going to apologize for high school...”

”Michael, you’ve done this before. I’ve forgiven you. I just don’t want to go.”

~*~

Between Francie’s begging and Michael insistent asking, Sydney reluctantly agreed to go to their class reunion.

Michael had to work late, much to Sydney’s dismay. She ended up getting a ride with Francie and Will.

Francie found a table with four seats for them to sit. When they sat down Sydney realized who they were sitting by.

Alice Williams and who Sydney assumed was her husband. There was also Lauren Reed, Marshall Flinkman, and a bunch of other people who had treated Sydney like dirt in school. At least Eric Weiss, a familiar face, was there, too.

“Hi” Sydney said nervously, as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She really needed Michael.

They all smiled politely and said their hellos.

”So how have y’all been?” Eric asked, trying to ease the awkwardness.

They all mumbled answers about being fine.

Alice tried to break the silence by asking, “Has anyone seen Michael since we broke up?”

Sydney looked at Francie and Will before answering, “I... um... have actually.”

”Really?” The rest of them looked at Sydney.

”Yeah, he ran into me on the freeway a few years ago.” Sydney shrugged. “I’ve seen him a few times sense then.“

”Do you know if he’s coming tonight?” Alice asked.

”He said he was.” Sydney sighed, looking at her watch impatiently.

”So, Sydney, are you married?” Lauren asked.

”No... I’m engaged though...” She blushed. Sydney had hoped that that question wouldn’t come up.

”Where’s your fiancé?” Marshall asked.

”He’s coming... he had to work late.” Sydney smiled politely, turning around to see if Michael came in yet.

They group fell silent again.

A few minutes later, Sydney smiled when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her and someone kiss her cheek.

She noticed the others at the table were in shock.

She kissed Michael quickly on the lips, before he sat down next to her.

”Michael’s... Michael’s your fiancé?” Lauren gasped in shock.

Sydney nodded with a smile.

”How have all of you been?” Michael asked with a grin.

”Good” They all said, still in shock that Michael was engaged to Sydney Bristow.

”Sydney, why didn’t you mention that Michael was your fiancé?” Alice asked.

“I don’t know.” Sydney shrugged again.

The group began to talk about their favorite high school memories, when Alice mentioned the senior ice skating day, Sydney’s face immediately fell.

“Excuse me; I need to use the ladies room.” Sydney excused herself politely.

They all nodded and continued talking. Michael was the only one who noticed how Sydney’s face fell.

He remembered what he had done to Sydney then. It made him sick that he had done that to such a wonderful person.

Michael excused himself and went in the same direction Sydney had gone.

He found her outside on the balcony.

He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

”Syd... are you okay?”

”Yeah” Sydney said, wiping at her tears furiously. “It’s these damn hormones.”

”Are you sure?”

Sydney nodded, but Michael knew it wasn’t the truth.

”Syd” Michael said softly. She turned to look at him, tears streaming down her face. “No matter what anyone says or what happened ten years ago, just remember that I love you and I always will. I don’t care about our past.”

Sydney smiled slightly.

”Do you want to go home?”

”No, I’ll be fine.” Sydney smiled reassuringly. This class reunion was a chance for her to finally move on.

High school would no longer be an obstacle between Sydney and Michael.

Sydney walked back inside hand-in-hand. No matter what they had been through over the years, their love could overcome it.

[Fin]

A/N: When I originally got the idea for this, I was planning on it starting with the accident and going in detail with their first date and the pregnancy and everything else, and this was just going to be a scene near the end... But I didn't have the time for a long fic like that. A few days ago I was in an extremely fluffy mood and NEEDED to write something and modified this idea so I could write it.

I really hope you enjoyed it.

Anyway, this is sooo cute, it's nice to see people getting over past experiences in High scjool in general, but in s/v style? This is so great, and they are soo cute!
I would have added quotes, but I don;t know how, so this is it.
Thank you sooo much for writing this fic, it's cheered me up completely!

Awesome update. I'm really sad this fic ended :(! Youre an awesome writer! I love all of your fics, so could you PM me if you have any more up? I loved the ending! This was a great story!!!

Laur

That was so great
I can't believe she is pregnant and gettting married
It was very brave of her to go back and face all of those mean people
I love how cute Syd and Vaughn are together
I'm glad you stated the compainion!!
Thanks for the PM
Thanks for sharing this great story with us!

awwwwww. lol. I LOVE IT! seriously I would go into detail and everything but I have to go. I just wanted to say I thought it was brilliant and it NEEDS a sequal... wonderful job :smiley:

really great story! i wish it didn't have to end so soon, but you did a great job. please pm me when you write another fic. always keep in your pm list. thanks for writing this one, it was great! :smiley:

IT WHAT?
it ended?
jesus CHRIST!

omg katy, i LOVED it!

seriously!

one of my fave fics of all time!

i just read the whole thing in one go and it's amazing...

i loved the end, aww!

luv juju :harp:

OMG! KATY! OMG!
Well i loved it, completley loved it...
Syds pregnant?...*lets information sink in* *JUMPS* i wish i could see the ppl faces when they found out who the daddy was, heheehehee...
And shes engaged...hehe bet Alice LOVED that....
But it was so cute, and i cant wait to read the epilogue!
Thanks for the PM, and keep up the TERRIFIC work!
Ash

Back