Season 5 Prophet 5 Ratings ...

the ratings show that Alias kept about 8 million viewers ... that is for ABC a BIG plus sign, since they never did more than 4 million viewers ... and knowing the BIG competition Alias has on CBS with Survivor ... I am saying it did a good job ... ;)

Actually, numbers can be taken into context and out of context. So you're saying if Alias was shown at 3am on a Tuesday morning and nobody watched, it was because nobody is interested in the show?

Alias had massive competition, a tough time slot where viewership is down from the 9pm and 10pm timeslots, and it had no lead in. Take that into consideration.

Right now you're just looking and saying "8 million = bad". Well, no. Alias exeeded ABC expectations. It did extremely well based on the CIRCUMSTANCES.

So yeah. You can say that "Prophet Five" was the least-watched premiere. But I'm saying that it did very well.

I'm just going to agree to disagree on this one since we aren't getting anywhere ;)

But I do stand by what I've said. I really believe that if people were really interested they would've watched...and I just fear that with this new timeslot and the storyline, Alias isn't going to get the ratings it has deserved.

And on a sidenote, while the 3am example is extreme, if people really loved the show they wouldn't care. I know I've stayed up many a time to catch a replay of one of my favorite shows.

Fine. We're goin nowhere. LOL

But ratings for every show......they're not comprised JUST of people who are really interested in the show. Last year's BIG lead in showed that. Some people just stick around.

And I know that Alias isn't getting huge ratings. It's not meant to be a huge hit. And even if ratings aren't as good as before. It's all about the situation Alias is in and how it's performing based on the circumstances

I think the ratings for last week are good. The biggie is how many people are going to stay to watch this week? Personally I think that if you were not an "invested" fan, Prophet Five was very good. For those of us 4 yr. veterans, especially Vaughn fans, it was pretty catastrophic. Alias fans are obsessive. But still - a lot of people are upset. This week's ratings are important.

hopefully if they can continue with these ratings, there could be a 6th season. Hopefully if they do get a 6th, the 5th and 6th won't be horrible. Hell, maybe JJ will come back and write an episode for the first time in 2-3 years. :rolleyes:

Back