Puppy Love

Morning. :smiley:

Here's the new chapter. Thanks for R & R and talk to you soon. :smiley: CJ

~Part 21~

Michael was in his office, trying to concentrate on the last sales report when Weiss came into the office and sat down in front of him.

“How’d it go with the lovely Sydney Bristow?” he asked.

“Great. We talked things over and she wasn’t the one who did the article on Gracie‘s accident.” Michael answered without making eye contact with his best friend.

“Then what’s with the glum face?” Weiss asked. “She shut you down, didn’t she? Did The great Michael Vaughn struck out?”

“That’s your area of expertise, “Michael said grumpily. “And you’re way off base.”

“Then what happened?”

“We had a great time yesterday. We decided to start things over again, but this time, we’ll take things slow. Get to know each other, getting to trust each other again. The more I spend time with her, the more I think she could be the One.

“And that’s bad because…”

“You know my bad luck with women. I don’t want to hurt her…especially after she told me what happened with her last boyfriend. The bastard cheated on her and left her with his debts.”

“But you’re a good guy. Why don’t you pick up that phone and ask her out on a date.”

“I need to find a way to show her that she means a lot to me and that I’m truly sorry for not trusting her in the first place. Have any ideas?”

“Mike, we’ve been through a lot together and we both know that Sydney Bristow is the best thing that ever happened to you. The gesture needs to be big, buddy.”

“If I were you, I would turn on that charm of yours and show her how much she means to you, there is no way she could resist.”

“Maybe I’ll send her flowers.”

“Sounds good to me, “Weiss said. “In my experience, you can’t go wrong with flowers.

~*~

“Can I come in?” he asked. She nodded.

He entered her house, depositing a vase full of red roses on her kitchen table and another vase of pink ones in her living room.

“Wait here, “he said, then made three more trips to the car and back until roses in white, pink, red and yellow covered nearly all the available surfaces in her house.

Her insides started to melt. “You’re nuts, you know that?”

“Nuts about you, “he said.

“Michael, I…”

“I know, I know, “he said. “I’m going.” he said, turning around and heading for the door.

“You are?” “But I though you were trying to be irresistible.” She laughed.

“You think I’m hard to resist now? Wait ‘till you see what I have in store for you.” He winked and left her there, surrounded by roses and, despite herself, filled with anticipation of what he’d do next.

~*~

The next day at Vaughn’s house:

“Tell me again why I’m helping you?” Weiss asked.

Eric Weiss leaned against the counter in Vaughn’s kitchen, a beer in hand while him and Michael tried to decipher a recipe for chicken cordon bleu.

Flatten chicken breasts, the directions said. O-kay. “You got a hammer, Mike?”

Vaughn raised his eyebrows, move to a utility drawer a few feet away, took out a hammer and placed it on the counter.

Vaughn ran hot water over the metal hammer head before answering Weiss’s questions.

“You’re helping because we are friends and you want what’s best for me. Right?”

“But cooking? Mike, you and I know that neither of us can cook very well. You want to impress her not poison her. Right?” He laughed.

“We can do this. Besides you owe me. I went with you to that stupid cooking classes so you can impress a girl who turned up having a boyfriend who she lives with, by the way.”

“Fine. I owe you.”

Michael had already spread the boneless breasts on the cutting board. He reared back the hammer.

“Besides, you’d told me a hundred times to let you know if I ever needed anything, “he pointed out as he pounded.

“Geez, do you have to hit them so hard?” Weiss asked. “And are you sure you’re supposed to used a hammer?”

“I can’t roll the ham and Swiss cheese until these babies look like pancakes. Besides, what else would I use?”

Chicken juices sprayed on the counter. The once-spotless kitchen was a mess, with various pots and pans, measuring cups and ingredients strewn over the various surfaces.

“I spoke with her friend Francie and she is going to bring Sydney here tonight. “Michael said while he wondered how much more pounding the chicken could stand.

“Men aren’t the only ones who like to eat. I happen to think you can get to a woman’s heart through her stomach, too.”

~*~

He’d overcooked a dinner of her favorites: chicken cordon bleu, oven-roasted red potatoes and summer squash…and then followed it up with a barely edible chocolate mousse.

“That was quite an, er, interesting meal, “Fran said when the four of them had finished.

“Yes.” Sydney searched for something nice to say about the meal. “I’ve never had chicken breasts this thin before.”

Michael took a sip of his white wine, possibly to drown out the taste of the meal.

“That had to be one of the worst meals I’ve ever eaten.” Weiss said, taking a sip of his beer.

Sydney looked from Michael to Weiss to Fran before all four of them simultaneously broke into laughter.

“I wasn’t sure you’d noticed how bad the food was, “Michael said.

“I’ve got taste, buddy, “Weiss said.

“”I thought it was sweet, “Fran said. “Not many men would go to all this trouble to impress a woman. If he asked you out again, Syd, you should definitely say yes.”

“Well, “Sydney said after saying goodbye to Francie and Weiss. “Aren’t you going to ask me out again?”

He dipped his head, and her heart skipped a beat while she waited for his kiss.

“Maybe, “ he teased, brushing the back of his fingers against her cheek. “ What are you doing tomorrow?”

She laughed.” Guess I’m going out with you.” she answered, placing her arms around his neck.

“Good answer.” He leaned in and kissed her.

TBC

Pm list: Want On or Off, Please let me know. Thanks.

6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 alias
Ae_gurl293
albob
Alias # 1
Alias_chick_47
Aliasfan212
Aliasobsessed89
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
Ams4alias

Angel
ASIOagent
Atekamel
Benzmine
Blknight
catfishally
Catpin
cupcake55
Derevkointraining
Fire*N*ice
grassyass
gregstar
Gtwallichs
IheartVaughn
invisible
Jadeygirl
Jen-Jen
KaliasGirl
Kate_14
Kittykatsmeow

Krzykty57789
LittleNicky
Loane
mnkdance963
Nancy o
Nicky_Bristow
Prediction 47
scullymulder1234
Shelley g.
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
Sparklingrainbow
Spychic16
SpygirlAmy
SuperDuck123
SweetiePie

Syd&Vaughn4eva
Sydney_alias_Vaughn
SydneyAnneVaughn
Sydneyvaughn47
SydneyMicheal
Sydofthesea
Tblash423
texasalias2004
tubby
Tunita

Twinkley_angel
ubielecki
Vartan-lova
Vaughnshoney
vaughnsgurl4lf
Wiseman
XMountineer02300844X
Xxaliasluverxx

yay! at least he tried :smiley: and the way to a woman's heart is definitely thru her stomach. my man is an excellent cook!

:smiley: thanks for the pm!

I loved that update. I can't beleilve that the food was actually bad. It was funny though that Weiss was the one that spoke up.

Update again soon.

texasalias

Poor guy!
That is not the best recipe to begin with.
It was a good thought and so were the flowers!
I love flowers, he would have totally had me there.

aww that was so sweet!!
i am so pleased that things seem to be going well! vaughn is perfect, he went to all that trouble to cook her food and buy her flowers!! :smiley: its just so cute!
thanks for the PM
update soon PLEASE!! :D

Flatten chicken breasts, the directions said. O-kay. “You got a hammer, Mike?”

Vaughn raised his eyebrows, move to a utility drawer a few feet away, took out a hammer and placed it on the counter.

Vaughn ran hot water over the metal hammer head before answering Weiss’s questions.

Michael had already spread the boneless breasts on the cutting board. He reared back the hammer.

“Besides, you’d told me a hundred times to let you know if I ever needed anything, “he pointed out as he pounded.

“Geez, do you have to hit them so hard?” Weiss asked. “And are you sure you’re supposed to used a hammer?”

“I can’t roll the ham and Swiss cheese until these babies look like pancakes. Besides, what else would I use?”

Chicken juices sprayed on the counter. The once-spotless kitchen was a mess, with various pots and pans, measuring cups and ingredients strewn over the various surfaces.
Holy S*** that was hilarious I am still laughing my a** off!!! :smiley:

Well, “Sydney said after saying goodbye to Francie and Weiss. “Aren’t you going to ask me out again?”

He dipped his head, and her heart skipped a beat while she waited for his kiss.

“Maybe, “ he teased, brushing the back of his fingers against her cheek. “ What are you doing tomorrow?”

She laughed.” Guess I’m going out with you.” she answered, placing her arms around his neck.

“Good answer.” He leaned in and kissed her.
Much better, things are mocing along nicely!! :smiley:

Awesome update, can't wait for the next chapter

Back